Close

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Phero Enthusiast

Angry Valid reasons for using steroids

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Short

term use of anabolic steroids have a valid purpose. As we age, we lose our capacity to heal from ilness, wounds

close more slowly, fractures don't join as they do in the young. A brief course of steroid supplementation can do

wonders for the older adult who needs to regain normal muscle mass, improve appetite, and strengthen the immune

system. Medical doctors are well aware of these beneficial properties of steroids. Generally they will refuse to

prescribe them, primarily out of fear that they will show up on a DEA watch list of "pill doctors" and have their

license revoked. This was the same misguided

thinking that caused many doctors to refuse to adequately medicate patients for pain, often terrible pain, as the

DEA bureacracy had a model where those who legitimately needed large or long term doses of opoids were, by

definition, persons with drug abuse problems.
    In the 1990s there was such an outcry from sufferers of chronic

pain conditions that a new dialog was opened between medicine and enforcement that recognized that pain was not "all

in your head" (even though, technically it is) but was a real, massively debilitating dysfunction than needed

appropriate medicine.
    Today there is a similar demonization of steroids, which have been given a bad name

because of a hypercompetitive sports culture imposed on teen agers who are now suffering from an unprecedented level

and range of sports injuries normally only seen in professional competitive athletes. I would submit that the

problem isn't steroids, per se, but the professionalization, and quasi professionalization of youth sports that

puts totally unreasonable demands on youth, often poorly informed youth who have decisions forced on them by

demanding parents who want to vicariously live through their children's achievements or to confrom to group

fantasies about the prowess of youth. The tragedy is that many of these young are essentially having their teen

years stolen from them in an effort to satisfy the narcissistic demands of an older generation. Many teens will turn

to performance enhancers in order to live up to a deranged expectation which they have come to accept as physical

normality.
    Prohormones and steroids have become a convenient scapegoat for a culture that doesn't want to

confront its' sins against its' children, pushing them to the point where steroids may be the only option for

gaining social approval at an age when social approval counts for everything.

Another valid use of steroids

is to reduce inflamation. Crones desease and pnuemonia are both treated that way.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

The steroids used for reducing

of inflammation are catabolic corticosteroids and would not be helpful for strength enhancement. (although they are

occasionally used in competitive athletics because they can mask and injury and allow one to "play hurt")

Anabolic steroids indeed have valid medical uses. I used them nearly daily when I was a burn surgeon.

Incidentally when I stated I

don't have an issue with athletes in non-tested competitions using steroids, let me clarify. Morally I wouldn't

stand in judgement of it, but I still think it's pretty stupid health wise. I wouldn't compete in a non-tested

strength event. (or if I did, it would be just to compare to my own PR's)

King of the coupons!

Red face

Using for health reasons gets my

vote, but still ... they pay in the end, too! ""I"" THINK it's a lose lose sit-cha-tion. But to gamble with

your life to look big Mike Mazzarato (spelling) ... young bodybuilder ... triple bypass surgery ... he's

maybe 34. Some pay sooner than others.

Anywho .... This is Mobley's Steroid Pain tree ... as life developes.

USER
    I
    USER GETS SICK BECAUSE OF USE
    I

I
    MOTHER FATHER
    I I
    SISTER

BROTHER
    I I
    GIRLFRIEND WIFE
    I

I
    CHILD CHILDREN
    I

I
    KIN FRIENDS
    I
    USER

That's most of the people YOU hurt once you start paying, but in the end, YOU hurt YOU.

There's this kid in my gym ... he may be 20, but he's short, and a nice build for his size. I saw him

and his lady in Taco Hell last week, and he admitted that he's tried it. I pointed at his girlfriend, and said to

him, "you're hurting her, and you don't even know it." He looked at me funny, and I think it was because he, like

so many others, think that I use, too. Not!

Sorry, I always try NOT TO tell people what they should or

shouldn't do, but I do realize that people have a hard time seeing the BIG PICTURE.
    Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

Quote Originally Posted by MOBLEYC57
    Mike Mazzarato

(spelling) ... young bodybuilder ... triple bypass surgery ... he's maybe 34. Some pay sooner than others.
    Holy shit. That guy had triple bypass surgery?!

I remember him from the Cybergenics

days.
    If a guy's a cocksucker in his life, when he dies, he don't become a saint. - Morris Levy, Hitmen

Holmes' Theme Song

King of the coupons!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes
    Holy shit.

That guy had triple bypass surgery?!

I remember him from the Cybergenics days.
    That bees dee

truth ... saw it in a mag this past weekend. If you noticed, and if you kind of look through the Muscle Mags ...

he's (Quadzilla) been out of the light for a bit. I didn't notice it until I read it.

Thing is ... if

these top bodybuilders, with doctors at their sides, are falling apart from use ... what do people think is going to

happen to those that doesn't have their personal docs!?

Tis sad, but true. They just had a discussion

on there being a steroid epidemic in America, on ESPN.

Wake up people!!!

I CARE!

Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

Phero Enthusiast

Exclamation I meant short term (3-5 days) and moderate doses !

Speaking from personal experience. As a middle aged guy, when I contract a nasty respiratory

infection or flu it may take a month before I fully feel like myself again. If it is mid winter, cold weather,

people sneezing and hacking all around me, possibly a couple of flus and assorted respiratory bugs. Even with a flu

shot, Tamiflu, Levaquin, the whole shooting match, a hard winter can leave you weak and run down. No energy, no

appetite, you can feel the strength and muscle mass leaving your body. Flus are more frequent and more intense as

international travel increases, the CDC doesn't have time to respond in coordination with vaccine manufacurers like

Chiron, and we are looking right down the barrel of a shotgun at worse yet. Influenza is right now the 6th leading

cause of death in the USA and probably the #1 cause of acute illness.
    A short term course of an anabolic will

dramatically shorten the recovery period and enhance immune response. Assuming good health practices, as much rest

as possible, high fluid intake, you can be back on your feet and mentally clear, feeling productive instead of the

lingering malaise of depression and low motivation in about one week. That would be the equivalent of my health when

I was in my 20s.
    Anabolics have an interesting short term blessing and a long term curse. Just as catabolic

steroids; cortisone, prednisone, etc. are powerfully anti-inflammatory, suppressing immune responses, anabolic

steroids are pro-inflammatory. The inflammation response IS what is needed when you have an active infection. As we

age, our immune responses falter for a number of reasons, including the loss of the thymus gland which produces an

important immune system hormone. We can't fight off infections as well, and vaccinations don't "take", our immune

system has less capacity to remember the signature of the invading foreign organism.
    Much of cardiovascular

disease in now believed to have a long term inflammation component, and a blood test for this background

inflammation, C-Reactive Protein is now being included in cardiac risk profiles.
    Thus, the desired, valuable,

life saving effect of inflammation is inappropriately prolonged in the high dose anabolic abuser, opening the way to

vascular injury.

King of the coupons!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by surfs_up
    Speaking from

personal experience. As a middle aged guy, when I contract a nasty respiratory infection or flu it may take a month

before I fully feel like myself again. If it is mid winter, cold weather, people sneezing and hacking all around me,

possibly a couple of flus and assorted respiratory bugs. Even with a flu shot, Tamiflu, Levaquin, the whole shooting

match, a hard winter can leave you weak and run down. No energy, no appetite, you can feel the strength and muscle

mass leaving your body. Flus are more frequent and more intense as international travel increases, the CDC doesn't

have time to respond in coordination with vaccine manufacurers like Chiron, and we are looking right down the barrel

of a shotgun at worse yet. Influenza is right now the 6th leading cause of death in the USA and probably the #1

cause of acute illness.
    A short term course of an anabolic will dramatically shorten the recovery period and

enhance immune response. Assuming good health practices, as much rest as possible, high fluid intake, you can be

back on your feet and mentally clear, feeling productive instead of the lingering malaise of depression and low

motivation in about one week. That would be the equivalent of my health when I was in my 20s.
    Anabolics have an

interesting short term blessing and a long term curse. Just as catabolic steroids; cortisone, prednisone, etc. are

powerfully anti-inflammatory, suppressing immune responses, anabolic steroids are pro-inflammatory. The inflammation

response IS what is needed when you have an active infection. As we age, our immune responses falter for a number of

reasons, including the loss of the thymus gland which produces an important immune system hormone. We can't fight

off infections as well, and vaccinations don't "take", our immune system has less capacity to remember the

signature of the invading foreign organism.
    Much of cardiovascular disease in now believed to have a long term

inflammation component, and a blood test for this background inflammation, C-Reactive Protein is now being included

in cardiac risk profiles.
    Thus, the desired, valuable, life saving effect of inflammation is inappropriately

prolonged in the high dose anabolic abuser, opening the way to vascular injury.
    Knowledge is POWER

... Thanks Surf!

For others that don't know ... even short term has a price ticket. Who knows what evil

is already in the body awaiting that power surge to feed off of.

Last edited by cig3f; 03-13-2010 at 01:20 AM.

Phero Enthusiast

Exclamation Why do we need to do massively dumb stuff ???

This is a poor analogy... scuba diving is risky, divers know that it is risky, but many people scuba

dive. Certification involves training so you know what the risk factors are and what you must do to avoid them. Only

a fool would dive without knowing how to calculate decompression. Hop on a plane without allowing sufficient hours

to desaturate your blood from residual nitrogen and you will experience serious decompression sickness while

airborne. This has actually happened to divers whose dive computers malfunctioned and they were too obtuse to double

check their blood gasses against a dive table. Even when the computers gave obviously unrealistic "time to fly"

schedules, like 6 hours when 30 hours would be expected. Fortunately this doesn't happen too often because divers

are pretty well trained in managing risks. The bodybuilding industry hasn't accepted anything close to the level of

responsibility for safety that the scuba diving industry has, as a result the field is littered with casualties. If

scuba divers dove with the same cavalier attitude that bodybuilders have there would be no divers left in short

order.

King of the coupons!

Red face

If scuba divers

dove with the same cavalier attitude that bodybuilders have there would be no divers left in short order.
    I

could even understand bodybuilders that MADE money taking the risk ... money does that. Money worked wonders for

Arnold, who had enough of it to have bypass surgery, but for the sake of just walking around huge?

I agree with you, SUp.

This is a poor

analogy... scuba diving is risky, divers know that it is risky, but many people scuba dive. Certification involves

training so you know what the risk factors are and what you must do to avoid them. Only a fool would dive without

knowing how to calculate decompression. Hop on a plane without allowing sufficient hours to desaturate your blood

from residual nitrogen and you will experience serious decompression sickness while airborne. This has actually

happened to divers whose dive computers malfunctioned and they were too obtuse to double check their blood gasses

against a dive table. Even when the computers gave obviously unrealistic "time to fly" schedules, like 6 hours when

30 hours would be expected. Fortunately this doesn't happen too often because divers are pretty well trained in

managing risks. The bodybuilding industry hasn't accepted anything close to the level of responsibility for safety

that the scuba diving industry has, as a result the field is littered with casualties. If scuba divers dove with the

same cavalier attitude that bodybuilders have there would be no divers left in short order.
    In short,

curbing juice use can do divers good for one's well-being.
    If a guy's a cocksucker in his life, when he dies, he don't become a saint. - Morris Levy, Hitmen

Holmes' Theme Song

King of the coupons!

Talking

In short, curbing

juice use can do divers good for one's well-being.
    <HOLMES>

Phero Enthusiast

Default Arnold continues to smoke cigars ? Moron...

if he had bypass surgery... he has his special tent outside of his office to allow him to smoke his

cigars when the nic fit takes him... so, I assume he is either suicidal, hoplessly addicted to nicotine, or never

had bypass surgery. There were rumors in the '90s that Arnold has multiple organ injuries from heavy roid use, was

living out of a clinic in Switzerland where they put him back together.... its the methyl testosterone that gets you

bad right in the liver... however, nobody knows for sure, could have even had a transplant for all we know.

so, I assume he is

either suicidal, hoplessly addicted to nicotine, or never had bypass surgery.
    No, just

unbesiegbar.

Holmes' Theme Song

Phero Enthusiast

Talking eventually some $hit will take you out

he's a tough cookie... gotta wonder how many body parts he can call his own though... did father kids

unless they were sperm donored... John Travolta told Letterman he's sell his for $20,000,000... we'll see if the

little ones look more italian than austrian... arnold could charm anyone into whacking off into a plastic cup if his

own nuts have shrivelled to the size of rasins... Bob Dylan and Snoop Dog together ? They get twins, one of each ?

Nice normal family....

Default Valid Reason For NOT Using Steroids

he's a tough cookie... gotta wonder how many body parts he can call his own though... did father

kids unless they were sperm donored... John Travolta told Letterman he's sell his for $20,000,000... we'll see if

the little ones look more italian than austrian... arnold could charm anyone into whacking off into a plastic cup if

his own nuts have shrivelled to the size of rasins... Bob Dylan and Snoop Dog together ? They get twins, one of each

? Nice normal family....

On that note, meet

Greg.

(Excuse me for a second - gotta

vom.)

Holmes' Theme Song

Valentino is disgusting.... so

is that "klaus" character (i think that's his name) there is a huge difference between steroids and injecting oil

under and into a muscle to make it look better...

I can find many valid reasons for steroid use... like any

drug they are only a problem when ABused...

MB
    "You are a sick f*ck, but I wouldn't have you any other way. "
    ~Becca

King of the coupons!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by ManBeast
    Valentino is

disgusting.... so is that "klaus" character (i think that's his name) there is a huge difference between steroids

and injecting oil under and into a muscle to make it look better...MB
    In his case, and like so many

others, he's making money. For lots, that's a valid reason ... just not me.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBeast
    I can find many

valid reasons for steroid use... like any drug they are only a problem when ABused...
    MB
    For the sake of

good health and all the family and friends that gets mentally hurt/involved when things go wrong with the

user/abuser, ManBeast ... I don't THINK you're right, BUT, I SURE HOPE you are.

My goodness! The article

states he wants to be a freak. Is it a chemical imbalance? And, is it painful to have arms like that? I see a lot

of men at the gym with big arms and either no or hardly any leg muscles. Are arm muscles something men are more

proud of (in terms of weight lifting)?

King of the coupons!

Quote Originally Posted by culturalblonde
    My

goodness! The article states he wants to be a freak. Is it a chemical imbalance? And, is it painful to have arms

like that? I see a lot of men at the gym with big arms and either no or hardly any leg muscles. Are arm muscles

something men are more proud of (in terms of weight lifting)?
    Yesssssiree, CB! Freak = moe money! Nope,

it's not a chemical imbalance ... he's shooting something in his muscles. I can't remember what, but it's not

steroids. Anyone? Anyone?

You'd think he'd shoot his forearms, too. He looks sick.

And yes, men

have a tendency to want big arms before legs ... that's how I started out. I understood the balance of having legs

too, and did something about it, and had legs at one time. I think I cursed myself when I often thought and laughed

at those with nice upper bodies with tooth pic legs. Now ... I'm an offical member, and can't do too much about

it.

I've got symmetry... probably

the second best in my household (4/5 of us lift) but I'm overweight somewhat too... But in terms of "proportional"

lifts, My squat is the best compared to my bench... so I'm happy... it *does* suck sometimes to have to buy

shorts/pants one waist size too big to prevent my cellphone from looking innapropriate in my pockets though....

MB
    "You are a sick f*ck, but I wouldn't have you any other way. "
    ~Becca

I'll be turning 45 this month and

have been considering using a presciption Testosterone gel such as Derma-Test 100 Testosterone Gel that I can

purchase from an reputable internet pharmacy.

I don't want to do any of the injectables, and the transdermal

method seems somewhat effective.

What are the pro's and con's?

Thanks.

Product

Description:

Derma-test 100, Testosterone gel is a recently developed testosterone product. It is a clear,

colorless hydro alcoholic gel containing 10% testosterone, and provides continuous trans-dermal delivery of

testosterone for 24 hours following a single application. It provides a non-invasive method of application along

with a consistent level of testosterone absorption. A daily application of Testosterone Gel delivers 100 mg of

testosterone per gram, per day, to the skin's surface. Testosterone gel is designed to release testosterone in a

varying level, over a 24 hours period. This is to mimic the natural (uneven) pattern of a healthy young man, with

peaks and lows throughout the duration producing circulating testosterone concentrations that approximate normal

levels (598 -1043 mg/ml).

This product is quite different from previous testosterone delivery mechanisms such

as patches, which are designed for application on the shaved scrotal area (obviously not a comfortable

practice).

As with all testosterone products it has a strong anabolic activity, with a pronounced androgenic

component. Thus it can provide significant gains in strength and muscle mass, as well a noticeable increase in

libido.

The recommended starting dose of testosterone gel 10% is one gram (to deliver 100 mg of testosterone)

applied once daily (preferably in the morning) to clean, dry, intact skin of the abdomen.

After a few weeks

of daily application, a relatively steady state blood testosterone level is generally attained, typically in the

region of 800mg/ml. Though some doctors prescribe twice-a-day application, many feel that once-a day delivers a more

natural effect. This application occurs first thing in the morning to mimic the body's normal early morning rise in

testosterone. Application to areas of the skin that have a layer of fat under them will slow the release of the

testosterone so that blood levels are maintained longer. It is also recommended that the sites of application around

the body are rotated so that optimal absorption is maintained. The best application areas include the chest, abdomen

or inner thigh.

& Double Naught Spy InternationalPlayboy's Avatar

On that note, meet Greg.

(Excuse me

for a second - gotta vom.)
    I was eating when I clicked on that link!

Quote Originally Posted by culturalblonde
    My

goodness! The article states he wants to be a freak. Is it a chemical imbalance? And, is it painful to have arms

like that? I see a lot of men at the gym with big arms and either no or hardly any leg muscles. Are arm muscles

something men are more proud of (in terms of weight lifting)?
    Bodybuilding has destroyed weightlifting as

a productive exercise. The focus on isolating and hypertrophying muscles for aesthetic purpose is silly and vain.

So, yes, many men(silly and vain) will go for beach muscles.

sad but true

After some quick

googling
    http://www.elitefitness.com/articled...id-special.avi
    ([

url]http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/[/url] for those who need codec)

Not to mention the non anabolic or

androgenic steroids such as glucocorticoids who besides their already mentioned anti-inflammatory properties also

aid in saving infants lives by developing their lungs so they wont collapse when they are born prematurely.

As for bodybuilders including Arnold, they are walking pharmacies and cannot be parallelled to the average

highschoolfootball abuser. Sideffects of anabolic androgenic steroids are dosedependant.

I know this thread is old and

practically dead, but y'all should really stick to posting about pheromones on this forum. How many of you have

USED steroids, and have both the knowledge and experience to back up ANYTHING you've written OR read about? You're

like armchair generals - arrggghhh - I should stop now.
    But Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe1970
    I know this

thread is old and practically dead, but y'all should really stick to posting about pheromones on this forum. How

many of you have USED steroids, and have both the knowledge and experience to back up ANYTHING you've written OR

read about? You're like armchair generals - arrggghhh - I should stop now.
    But Damn.
    This

particular forum was created to discuss health issues and steroids certanly qualify under that heading. having used

a substance does not qualify you as an expert either. If that were the case I could be qualified to lecture on a

long list of substances.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Default Total Frigging B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by belgareth
    ...having used a substance does not qualify you as an expert either. If that were the case I could

be qualified to lecture on a long list of substances.
    IMHO you ARE qualified to lecture on that long list

of substances, Belgareth. It may not make you an expert, or make you a recognized authority, but it makes you well

worth listening to from my standpoint as a non-user. I would expect you to acknowledge that you weren't an expert

and back up your claims with personal experiences and appropriate references. THUS the weight of an experienced

pheromone user on this site is more valuable to me than the words of any scientific article, advertisement, or other

media propoganda. And I'm not operating in a vacuum of information when I do ask questions on this site. Don't

ever presume that I'm putting you or any other experienced user on an altar, as I will definitely research every

fact and opinion anyone posts on this site.
    But having said that, I'll be damned if I'm going to sit back and let

a bunch of ignoramuses give potential life-changing advice to anyone who's contemplating using drugs without

knowing wtf they're talking about.

For the record, if any readers really want to read balanced and informed

opinions and articles about anabolic steroids and other how they are used - both safely and in excess- the forum you

are currently reading is not a safe or suitable place for it. It is 100% completely innappropriate in any way

shape or form. It is irresponsible for anyone to allow this crap to be posted here. Visit

http://www.testosterone.net for more information than you can ever need, and PM or IM me for more

links/info because I'm done with this BS thread.

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information