Close

Phero Enthusiast

Default Being Funny - working hand in hand with pheromones

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I have found that the number one determinate that a girl will like me and continue to want to interact

with me in the future is being funny.

Not only being lighthearted, but also knowing how to poke fun at her

but at the same time making her laugh. Taking what she says, but regurgitating it back to her in a sarcastic tone

and imitative voice or speaking from a black-and-white stereotype point of view makes her laugh out loud and more

often than not do what my immediate goal is which is to make her instinctively raise her hand to wind up and slap

me.

The initiation of physical contact. The more she laughs, the more she pokes and slaps me.

I'm

starting this thread with the hopes of a discussion of what is funny to a woman - often different women have very

different senses of humor so it is often neccessary to switch modes to get a laugh. When in a group of women, as

long as one of them laughs out loud - that is good enough - it makes the others think there's a connection between

she and I that they are incapable of sharing.

So guys, lets go!

Journeyman

I know some pretty good

knock knock jokes... you think theyd work?

Journeyman

I have been asking this question

to myself for years.

IMO yOu just have to make a girl/woman lough and you have almost done the job. She's almot

yours and definitely attracted to you. In fact, If a girl finds it so funny what you say that she has to lough out

loud in a rather uncontrolled way, I'd bet the farm that shes attracted to you. In addtition, if you wear mones,

that should even increase the attraction.

The thing is, how can you make a girl/woman lough? I find it pretty

hard to determine what makes her lough and even if you know what makes her lough you still have to do it in a funny

way, and you have to be carefull to not to make a fool of yourself. (That happened to me sometimes in past).

IMO for some people its easy to be funny, and for some other poeple (like me) its not so easy. But I can and I do

learn to be funny. I really hope that thers some guys in here who can tell us somethinbg about being funny...

Oh, chemist, sorry did not see this

thread. I started a similar one asking for specific quips, etc. I will leave it there because I think specific

material will help guys like me who are not naturally funny and need some material.
    "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."
    --Benjamin Franklin

Phero Dude

My favorite pickup line is "Whats

a place like this doing around a babe like you?" Stupid?YES! But with the right delivery it seems to work quite

well...but as any comedian can tell you,delivery and timing are just as important as the joke itself.So there is

alot more to being funny than just having a line.How many times has someone tried to tell a joke and you couldnt

help but feel bad for them because thier delivery and timing were awful even tho you might re-tell the joke later

and get a zillion laughs out of it?

King of the coupons!

Quote Originally Posted by tim929
    My favorite pickup

line is "Whats a place like this doing around a babe like you?" Stupid?YES! But with the right delivery it seems to

work quite well...but as any comedian can tell you,delivery and timing are just as important as the joke itself.So

there is alot more to being funny than just having a line.How many times has someone tried to tell a joke and you

couldnt help but feel bad for them because thier delivery and timing were awful even tho you might re-tell the joke

later and get a zillion laughs out of it?
    Yes, delivery is everything when humor is concerned!
    Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

Journeyman

I'm a master of the getting

girls to laugh and hit you simultaneously trick. What I wonder is...to what extent can other people learn to do

stuff like this? Most of my humor is just using a quick wit to make funny/sarcastic comebacks. I don't actually

have set jokes or anything. So is a quick wit a skill or is it just something you're born with?

Also, a

really easy way to avoid falling into the "just friends" category is to make sexual jokes. Take something the

person said and put a sexual connotation on it. If done right you'll get them to laugh and see you as a sexual

being rather than "just a friend."

How about we all give lines in my

"what to say thread" and we can all find out...

Delivery is a lot easier to do if you have funny lines that

you are CONFIDENT in. So give us some funnies and they will easily be delivered. We need you naturally funny

guys!

Delivery may be everything but a line is a start.
    "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."
    --Benjamin Franklin

King of the coupons!

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow
    I'm a master of

the getting girls to laugh and hit you simultaneously trick. What I wonder is...to what extent can other people

learn to do stuff like this? Most of my humor is just using a quick wit to make funny/sarcastic comebacks. I don't

actually have set jokes or anything. So is a quick wit a skill or is it just something you're born with?
    I

THINK it's a skill, no one's born a comedian! You get a line here, a line there, and before you know it! BOOM! TO

ME, it's like building your vocabulary, and then you have to learn to deliver, 'cause everyone's sense of humor

is different.
    Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

Quote Originally Posted by MOBLEYC57
    Yes, delivery is

everything when humor is concerned!
    It is. (I always use FedEx.)
    If a guy's a cocksucker in his life, when he dies, he don't become a saint. - Morris Levy, Hitmen

Holmes' Theme Song

Phero Dude

being funny goes hand in hand with

having a fun and playful atittude. being a serious person and busting out a joke here and there makes you look weird

imo.

variations of things i always do is when we're eating, i'll throw like a french fry at a girl but miss

either to break the quiet mood or if she does something i don't like.
    or look at her dessert and tell her if we

were in jail that would belong to me.
    or show her something and say "hey you know you want some of this" and

she's like yeah then i'll proceed to lick what i just showed her.
    or let me see what your coffee taste like and

then dip my finger into her coffee.
    if we're walking i'll push her and accuse her of pushing me or being in my

way.
    or if she tries to say something and she's annoying you, make a noise. everytime she tries to speak make a

noise. it'll frustrate her.
    the body langauge behind this is basically "i know i can do this, what are you gonna

do about it?....nothing."

i never use real jokes like why the cow crossed the road jokes, but i make real life

things appear funny.

she looks mad. i'll say "You have mace my face written all over your

face."

if you get asked to buy something, i'll say "in some parts of the world i can

buy a real woman"

i might look at her closet and say "your closet looks like it has

ocd, you bought one bad outfit and bought 99 more"

she says you're cute i'll say

"yeah i know, you're cute too but not as cute as me" then smile and have dumb look.

she asks how old are you "sorry I only date girls between the age of 18 and 18. I like

eating fresh food and that extends to all areas of my life."

bad dress "that dress is horrendo and i don't even speak spanish."
    body language here is cocky

smile with the attitude of "yeah i sad that but throw in bl that lets her know you're not really serious."

i

use a combination of canned stuff with on the fly stuff. once you get into a flow funny is natural and comes out of

your mouth with ease. but i don't try to be a comedian or an entertainer.

i just turned 23 so this might not

work for you.

King of the coupons!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes
    It is. (I always

use FedEx.)

Journeyman

Well I've been a smartass as

far back as I can remember. So I just use what I'm good at. I think being able to read a person is invaluable for

someone who is trying to be funny. That way you can tell a joke that is edgy, but not enough to offend the

person.

I think part of the reason I'm so good at jokes where I make fun of what the other person has said,

or take it out of context to make it funny, comes from my friends. We are constantly making fun of each other.

It's literally non-stop. Anything you say can possibly used against you. I suggest everyone get friends they can

just joke around with like that.

I'm pretty sure that the ladies love me because I'm funny. Being somewhat

attractive doesn't hurt either, though. The humor and confidence are the things that sets me apart from everyone

else.

Phero Dude

Well I've been a

smartass as far back as I can remember. So I just use what I'm good at. I think being able to read a person is

invaluable for someone who is trying to be funny. That way you can tell a joke that is edgy, but not enough to

offend the person.

I think part of the reason I'm so good at jokes where I make fun of what the other person

has said, or take it out of context to make it funny, comes from my friends. We are constantly making fun of each

other. It's literally non-stop. Anything you say can possibly used against you. I suggest everyone get friends they

can just joke around with like that.

I'm pretty sure that the ladies love me because I'm funny. Being somewhat

attractive doesn't hurt either, though. The humor and confidence are the things that sets me apart from everyone

else.
    yes sir, being a smart ass took years of talking back to teachers and getting suspended and lunch room

"your mother this, your mother that" wars. damn why did college turn me into a chump and a softee? i can't believe

i mad a concious effort into being civilized when that was the thing that was making me successful in highschool.

trock, these lines ROCK!

C+F ist the most powerful tool for beautiful + very confident + intelligent women. the more confident and

goodlooking, the more they'll work. it's just fantastic.

"in some parts of the world i can buy a real

woman" - this ROCKS + cracks me up! LOL!!

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Vociferous farts really get

them laughing.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Having a quick wit and being

intelligently funny are very important.

Holmes is a classic example, comming out with fast funny replies that

link with whats been said. This is quick wit, shame about the intelligence though
    CptKipling

Information about pheromones: Pheromone Information Library

Also, a

really easy way to avoid falling into the "just friends" category is to make sexual jokes. Take something the person

said and put a sexual connotation on it. If done right you'll get them to laugh and see you as a sexual being

rather than "just a friend."
    I have found this is crucial to keep you out of the friends category.
    I take

it so far as to stick a dollar in their pants if they are dancing seductively. They usually reply with something

like I deserve a $20 (which I am hoping for). I then tell them their lucky to get a dollar considering what I can

get for $20 down the strip club or something to that effect depending on their comeback.
    If they use words such as

suck, blow, lay, or (sometimes something that sounds like them in a loud place) well you can only imagine where to

take those comments. If they are offended so what they can take it or leave it cause their are other girls out

there. If that is your attitude most often they take it and love it.
    The look they give you is hard to explain and

usually follows a light smack. It a cross of I can't believe you just said that I'm gonna kill you, I want to

jump your bones, and all the while trying like hell not to smile but you can see it peeking out anyways. Those guys

who know that look may be able to explain it better but once you get that look it means a girl wants you in a bad

way and it's yours to push further or screw up.

Heh, I'm a smartass too,

except my jaded-to-everything, no-holds-barred, "unrated" sense of humor gets me in trouble and sometimes even

labeled an @sshole sometimes... I'm workin on it and improving my "game" every day. But to get back to the main

topic, yes... getting a girl to laugh is key, one thing to avoid is self-depreciative humor, it is a sign of low

self esteem and/or someone desparetly seeking pity. It's forced me to re-do or even retire some of my better (in my

opinion) stories and jokes, and the rewards have been immense. I don't have a low self-esteem, but humor and

general behavior like that comes off that way.
    </ramble>

MB

P.S. Make sure you don't try "lines" just

`cuz, yes you can repeat ones that you have heard, but make sure it fits the context... an "obvious" line, is going

to fail, unless you play it SOOOOOOOOO corny that it's obvious you aren't even taking it serious as a line.
    "You are a sick f*ck, but I wouldn't have you any other way. "
    ~Becca

Phero Dude

I'm a master of

the getting girls to laugh and hit you simultaneously trick. What I wonder is...to what extent can other people

learn to do stuff like this? Most of my humor is just using a quick wit to make funny/sarcastic comebacks. I don't

actually have set jokes or anything. So is a quick wit a skill or is it just something you're born with?

Also,

a really easy way to avoid falling into the "just friends" category is to make sexual jokes. Take something the

person said and put a sexual connotation on it. If done right you'll get them to laugh and see you as a sexual

being rather than "just a friend."
    i think it's a skill. you have to be willing to invest time into

learning it. i watch blind date and as the date goes on i mentally rehearse what to say if i was put in that

situation. it's an nlp trick, if you mentally rehearse something when it comes times for real life, you'll get it

right.

Hey Chemist, How bout the

name of the 3 books your were talking about in the other thread and please take a moment to rate their order of

importance as well as what you learned in each one. Thanks man.

Phero Enthusiast

Hahaha. I'm still at work and

don't know the names and authors. The one I like the best is called, "How to Be Funny" and was written by someone

who writes for jay Leno.

My funny is not about telling jokes per se. I don't do that. I speak from a

definitive but unique point of view and I make sure I have a target. Often it is the girl herself who is the chosen

victim - I take what she just said - then overstate it back to her in an imitative voice - the Eddie Murphy

stereotype jive talk also gets a laugh as does the martian from Bugs Bunny.

Deadpan delivery is one the

funniest ways to deliver a joke - thus serious people need not change their delivery - but it has to be confident

and you have to be willing to risk the funniness falling flat on its face.

Like pheromones, if you are

normally a serious guy, people will; not accept the new you - its best to try it a little at a time. can you imagine

what an OD of comedy whould be like to someone who expects you to be serious. Try it out on new people - once you

are seen entertaining them, the old ones will come around - just like with pheromones.

This thread has taken

on a life of its own.

I fully understand where

you are coming from and I already am a pretty funny guy but just like any other skill I want to improve it further.

Voice imitation isn't my thing, I am more the sarcastic type than any other. Anyways if you would let me know

about the rest of the books that would be great.

Default be careful with the one-size-fits-all approach

"I have found that the number one determinate that a girl will like me and continue to want to

interact with me in the future is being funny."
    I'm a skilled actor and trickster and can stroke,

poke and thrill most women until their sides split. And, yes, I enjoy it as it's a kind of control thing. However,

I'd be careful about the one-size-fits-all approach. Certain ethnic groups can't handle too much joking and often

take jokes as insults. Also, I work in academica and I meet a surprising number of sober minded women. They don't

like too much kidding around are are best engaged by serious discussions and deep thoughts. In fact funny guys are

often considered to be airheads. They don't bang male bimbos no matter how witty the guy thinks he is. I can enjoy

a serious woman--they tend to be insanely passionate in the sack--so my philosophy is to use the best tool for the

job.
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

Phero Enthusiast

I am in academia myself, and

honestly I do not appreciate the serious types, that's all I dated for years. Now its only the ones that know how

to laugh. Different types for everyone. I find that most I meet actually laugh - its very few that are serious

types. Different strokes for all folks.

Livin' the life of Riley

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ManBeast
    ...one thing to

avoid is self-depreciative humor, it is a sign of low self esteem and/or someone desparetly seeking pity. It's

forced me to re-do or even retire some of my better (in my opinion) stories and jokes, and the rewards have been

immense. I don't have a low self-esteem, but humor and general behavior like that comes off that way.

</ramble>
    I find that occasionally making fun of myself is very helpful. I can come

across as arrogant sometimes, and it aids women in feeling comfortable around me. Nobody likes to be around a

person that thinks they are better than everyone else. It's kind of like using a little -nol to offset a heavy

dose of -none. YMMV. I certainly agree that too much self-deprecating humor will make you look insecure... and

insecurity is NEVER an attractive quality to a woman.

Riley

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

It sounds weird, but you can

make fun of yourself in a confident, comfortable way. Keep the glint in your eye. You don't have to be God's gift

in every category.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Phero Enthusiast

Self-deprecation is a good thing

when done sparingly, otherwise it comes accross as insecurity - when done once in while, it serves to remind your

target that you are human and prone to all the mistakes humans make. It makes the difference in an academic

environment to the students forgiving you for saying something wrong during lecture or jumping on your back.

Thread Information