Close

Thread: Auctions again.

Default Auctions again.

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hi everybody,

There have been certain issues with the auctions that have hurt everybody. We

had hoped to set something up that would be good for the forum members and still hope we can. The following changes

were necessary because of certain things that were going on behind the scenes. After some discussion, Bruce has

agreed to let us try again with some changes. Let's see if we can make this work for

everybody.

Belgareth

Love

Scent Forum Auction Rules:

There will be one auction each week for

cash.

To start a new auction PM me stating what which items you would like to

see auctioned. I will confirm the availability of the item and create a new thread for the auction stating minimum

bid and minimum increase. Each thread will represent an auction.

To bid on an

item, you must first register with Bruce as an official "bidder" (email

bruce@(nospam)love-scent.com) and have a

used products release form on file with Love-Scent.

http://love-scent.com/release-form.html

To

qualify as a bidder, you must have placed at least one order at Love Scent within the last year, identify yourself

by email to the Admin (Bruce) and have a used products waiver on file with Love Scent.

To bid, a qualified

"bidder" simply posts a message containing his bid (in US$) in the thread of the auction he wants to participate

in.
    Auctions end on Sunday evening at 10 PM EST
    Whichever bidder has the highest bid at the close of the auction

wins the auction and gets the item.

Moderators are free to participate, excluding the one managing the

auction.

Price of shipping within the US is included with the item.

If the winning bidder is located outside

the US, he/she will have to pay some additional shipping to cover our costs.

These are all returned

items. If an item, such as Chemset products, is non returnable it cannot be included in an auction. Someone bought

them and returned them under the terms of the guarantee. Some will be nearly full, the average will be about 2/3rd

full, but none will be less than half full. We guarantee that much, and if you are really lucky, we don't have any

returned bottles of the promised item, and we give you a new bottle. So, these bottles will contain at the absolute

least half of what new bottles would contain. Back when we had a regularly open used products shop, you would have

had to pay about 1/3 the retail price for the items, if you were lucky enough to find them all in stock

used.

In the unlikely event that you end up with water or olive oil or anything other than

what is supposed to be in there, we will cheerfully exchange it for another one until you finally get a good one.

That said, of course, it has yet to happen even once, but folks worry and wonder what we would do if that

happened.

I'd like to start new Auctions on Wednesday morning but will wait as long

as Saturday morning to start it if it takes that long to get a suggestion for the new auction. The first suggestion

I get will be the one I go with unless the item(s) is not available. In that case I'll ask the original contributor

for another suggestion. If nobody makes a suggestion by Saturday at noon EST, there will be no auction that week or

I may decide to start one on my own.

There have been a couple of creative

methods of cheating in the auctions. Anybody caught cheating is automatically disqualified from the current and

future auctions and is liable for penalties up to and including banning from the Love Scent

Forum.

We reserve the right to cancel any auction without warning if there is

any indication of cheating of any sort. Please folks, let's play nice so everybody gets an opportunity to take

advantage of this.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Something important I should mention

about the auctions. Someone wrote me an email about this, and I realized I hadn't made this clear at

all.

As you know, you have to have a recent c card order to be able to bid in the auction. The main reason

for that is that, IT MAKES IT VERY VERY EASY FOR ME TO CHARGE YOU IF YOU HAPPEN TO WIN THE AUCTION....
    I just

find your previous order and push a couple of buttons and we have a NEW order for the auction items....

BUT.....
    This will
    A. Ship the auction items to the SAME ADDRESS
    and
    B. Will CHARGE THE SAME

CREDIT CARD as that recent order

So, please be advised. That is what will happen if you win an auction.

Please don't bid if that will not work for you. It's a pain in the neck creating a new order by hand from scratch

and I don't have any secure way of getting your c card info other than a previous order.

Regards and have

fun!
    Bruce
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene
    Fair Trade crafts from Peru

What if I paied orders via

Paypal, is it possible for me to participate to the auction?

Thread Information