Close

Default So im trying to go bald, help?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Alright

I know this kinda sounds weird, so let me explain. I've been shaving my head for a while now, partly because I like

it and partly because I've always had a high hairline and I didnt liek how it looked. So for the past ~5 years now

I've shaved it every or everyother day. ButI find that as kinda unproductive and so Im looking into either those

debilitators (One Touch Cream Hair Remover got good reviews/was recomended) or possibly other ideas such as laser

hair removal etc.Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas regarding this issue??

One of my clients is a spa with

a laser hair removal business as part of it. The lasers work very well, better on those with darker hair. You'll

have to be treated three times to completely remove all hair growth from your head. It isn't really painful because

they use a technology that sprays a coolant while treating you.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

I've also heard there was a

chance of scaring??? As for the hair , yeah im a dark haird caucasian so shouldnt be problems there.

There is always a risk of scars

no matter what you do. However, if they are using one of the newer lasers, are well trained and know what they are

doing the risk of scars is less than from direct sunlight. The laser light is tuned to a specific color that is

supposed to act directly on the follicle color, that's why dark hair works better.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Thanks alot, lots of helpfull

info will look into it!

Remember that laser treatment

is permenant!!! Your hair will not grow back so be sure it is really what you want to do.

Thomas Jefferson

Yeah, I figure that if it

becomes extremely unfashionable to look bald Ill just superglue some horse hair and be fine...

what if horsehair goes out of

style?

I doubt it, it's been used for

thousands of years

So was alligator dung for

contraceptive. Fortunately, it went out of style.

Thomas Jefferson

Ok so now any idea how long that

would take? All three treatements I mean. Cost I dont mind much

I'm not sure. The reason for

three treatments is that hair follicles go through three seperate phases but only during one is it susceptable to

the laser treatment. I don't know how long each phase lasts.

Thomas Jefferson

I would guess its the same as

electrolysis.
    Hairs grow for a little bit, then once they reach the right lenght they go dormant. If you pluck

them, or they fall out, they start growing again. Hair is only vunerable to electrolysis when its growing. Zapping

it in its dormant phase will make it fall out, but it'll grow back again. Zapping it when its growing will kill

the follicle, and it will never grow back. So when getting electrolysis you have to shave or pluck the area, then

zap the hairs as they start to grow back. They don't all grow back at the same time, which is why it takes a few

treatments.

Journeyman

Found this post randomly,

don't know if you've done it or not, but my advice would be to really really think about it, but if it's for you,

then no worries. Personally, I have been losing my hair and have shaved my head for years and thought I'd always

do it, and actually thought about laser hair removal too, but I'm glad I didn't and I'm actually decided to grow

some hair back for a while, so it's really hard to say what you'd like to do with your hair 5-10 years or even

further in the future.

Phero Dude

As a hairy dude that has seriously

looked into this to get rid of it from "other areas" , be carefull. Generally , it's not permanant but will reduce

what grows to the point where you can't notice it. Dark hair on fair skin will remove easier , so maybe keep

wearing that cap for a while... Do a lot of research and make sure a nurse does the treatment! (sounds silly but

important) I interviewed a few people for a programme about cosmetic surgery disastors last year , 9/10 didn't

have a qualified nurse do the "hair removal".
    early 40's white male or or

Quote Originally Posted by alanrudy View Post
    Found

this post randomly, don't know if you've done it or not, but my advice would be to really really think about it,

but if it's for you, then no worries. Personally, I have been losing my hair and have shaved my head for years

and thought I'd always do it, and actually thought about laser hair removal too, but I'm glad I didn't and I'm

actually decided to grow some hair back for a while, so it's really hard to say what you'd like to do with your

hair 5-10 years or even further in the future.
    Ok just an update as I fugured people would be

interested. Yes I did it, and im happy with the results No scarring; takes like 5-6 visits every 6weeks so about

10 months total. The first time, because of the large concentration of hair follicles + nerves it HURT LIKE A

#(*&*@#!!! -I though about how this would be very good torture proceedure in Iraq. After that it was not

really noticable in terms of discomfort and now its smooth as a babys bottom Plus within a year it payed

back in terms of $ saved on shaving products. (20$ for a mach3 pack wtf????) So thanks to everybody for the help and

the input

Thread Information