Close

Default Any theories for this mystery?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    How do we

know when someone is watching us? This happened to me the other day where I instinctively turned to look at someone

who was staring at me.

I used to think that it had something to do with pheromones, but I am not so

sure.

I've conducted experiments where I would have someone behind me look away and then I would indicate

when I believed they turned to focus on me. I got it every time, fairly immediately.

This is obviously some

sort of human survival skill or something, I'd like to know what are the mechanisms involved in it.

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
    Last edited by Mungojerry; 10-05-2015 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungojerry

Your

friend could have changed physiologically when he was looking at you as opposed to looking away. For example, he

could have been more tense when looking at you.... or perhaps looking at someone causes a distinct

neurophysiological reaction. This could lead to a different breathing rate, or different hormones being produced

leading different pheromone emissions etc. These things you could detect perhaps without being fully conscious of...

Even if you didn't know what reaction was what when you started, your brain could learn.

This is what originally was thinking when I discovered pheromones. It would be pretty amazing

accomplishment of our species. Not sure our olfactory system is that poweful or our body transmits signals that

quickly. But obviously it is transmitting something.

Mods, can you put this back in pheromone discussion,

I think it belongs there.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf
    This is what originally

was thinking when I discovered pheromones. It would be pretty amazing accomplishment of our species. Not sure our

olfactory system is that poweful or our body transmits signals that quickly. But obviously it is transmitting

something.
    Energy in the form of focused intent. When someone is staring at you (from behind, at a

distance, or wherever), this is what you're picking up.

The pheromone idea is interesting, though.

Yea......so what forms of energy

could it be, and how are we detecting this?

This is what

originally was thinking when I discovered pheromones. It would be pretty amazing accomplishment of our species. Not

sure our olfactory system is that poweful or our body transmits signals that quickly. But obviously it is

transmitting something.

Mods, can you put this back in pheromone discussion, I think it belongs there.

BJF,

So far, I see nothing in it that is in any way related to the science of attraction or pheromones. You

make one vague reference to pheromones, that's it. That's why I moved it here in the first place.

Belgareth
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

I was posting in the pheromone

discussion because I hypothesized that it might be as a result of pheromones. I wanted others to chime in with

their thoughts about that possibility or bring up others.

I am willing to reconsider

later but for now it is clearly not a pheromone or science of attraction thread.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

definate not related to the

sense of smell... as in knowing when you are being looked at.

Those of us with sensitive nerves know very well

when someone is is focusing their attention/energy on you.

Sometimes I know what someone thought a few rooms

away and when they enter my location I hand them exactly what they came in for. THis does not happen often but when

it does it is pretty neat.

"The whole world must learn of our peaceful ways, by force!"

science ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
    Last edited by Mungojerry; 10-05-2015 at 07:19 AM.

Well I wonder if we do have some

detection system for some aura or energy that we haven't yet scientifically discovered. Maybe it has to do with

the thing that still exists when "we shed out mortal coils." When you look at the science of space and time, it does

appear to be a construction, a manipulation of sorts of this world. You might be able to reduce this all down to a

simpler world where space and time don't exist, only some energy or some other system. Those things probably still

are apart of this world, but we don't realize them too much because of physical space and our lives being geared

towards that.

At the same time this could be apart of our biological system. And I wonder if animals have it

too?

I know Jerry you are sayng though this might not exist. From my own experiences, I feel like it does,

although maybe there are plenty of times that people are staring at me that I never noticed or knew about.

cxx444444444444444444444444444444444444
    Last edited by Mungojerry; 10-05-2015 at 07:18 AM.

True. Maybe conciousness is what our

"soul" is. I think a lot of people believe that.

As far as discounting mechanisms, this is difficult. We

don't know all there is to know about anything really, including pheromones and smells. Actually we know people

can smell immunotype, so there is obviously a lot going on with the olfactory system.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungojerry
    Anyway, I'm

not saying there is nothing more to it than this, but before we start speculating about "weird" theories,

just recognise that current scientifically knowledge can explain a lot of them, and that in the end you can't know

that there is an effect at all without some rigourous statistically sound testing.
    Apparently,

laboratory tests have been conducted with regard to confirming or dispelling the possible causes of this

phenomenon. Conclusion (from what I've read and heard): "Brainwaves."

I thought all of that "subtle energy"

(i.e. aura-related) stuff had been scientifically proven, too. But then, I ain't no Bill Nye.

Phero Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes
    Apparently,

laboratory tests have been conducted with regard to confirming or dispelling the possible causes of this

phenomenon. Conclusion (from what I've read and heard): "Brainwaves."

I thought all of that "subtle energy"

(i.e. aura-related) stuff had been scientifically proven, too. But then, I ain't no Bill Nye.
    Holmes

is right...it's just energy...we can pick it up just like a radio or TV...It's just that we've been conditioned

to pay attention to only what comes through our 5 senses. Essentially everything is composed of energy, even solid

objects although they have a much slower vibratory rate. But we all pick up on "vibes" or "atmosphere" it's all

background energy that were picking up on. Somebody thats focusing on you, you're suprised when you turn around

and notice they're intently starting at you, but you're just picking up on the projection of their mental energy.

Our bodies are composed of energy as are our mental thoughts...so we all have the ability to send & receive mental

energy. It's just a latent ability in humans because of our societal conditioning. But it's an ability that can

be developed like anything else.
    And yes all of this is in agreement with the laws of physics. It's not just

new age mumbo jumbo...just ask any string theorist...

Quote Originally Posted by metroman
    Holmes is

right...it's just energy...we can pick it up just like a radio or TV...It's just that we've been conditioned to

pay attention to only what comes through our 5 senses. Essentially everything is composed of energy, even solid

objects although they have a much slower vibratory rate. But we all pick up on "vibes" or "atmosphere" it's all

background energy that were picking up on. Somebody thats focusing on you, you're suprised when you turn around

and notice they're intently starting at you, but you're just picking up on the projection of their mental energy.

Our bodies are composed of energy as are our mental thoughts...so we all have the ability to send & receive mental

energy. It's just a latent ability in humans because of our societal conditioning. But it's an ability that can

be developed like anything else.
    And yes all of this is in agreement with the laws of physics. It's not just

new age mumbo jumbo...just ask any string theorist...
    Yep, it does jive with modern physics,

including string theory (although that is obviously not accepted by everyone). One thing very interesting about

string theory is its inclusion of extra dimensions - perhaps as many as seven extra spatial dimensions.

So

does alpha or beta brain waves have anythng to do with this?
    Does the limbic brain use a particular kind of brain

wave, and can be enduce that type of brain wave or brain functioning to try to speak to that part of the

brain?

Is someone using their limbic brain during a Phermonal DIHL? I wonder if we can use this brain wave

stuff to our advantage in seduction.

A number of machine have been brought up on this forum before which

induce alpha or beta brain waves (can't remember which). I know International Playboy has one.

I saw

something on TV about a visual program which taught people to switch from alpha or beta brain waves to the other

because it was supposedly more beneficial for a certain purpose.

A number of machine

have been brought up on this forum before which induce alpha or beta brain waves (can't remember which). I know

International Playboy has one.
    Brainwave machines. Those are designed to get you into an altered

state (i.e. alpha or deeper), not to assist you in projecting energy--although an altered state always helps in that

process.

Binaural beats accomplish the same thing (brainwave entrainment) and are very effective.
    If a guy's a cocksucker in his life, when he dies, he don't become a saint. - Morris Levy, Hitmen

Holmes' Theme Song

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes

Binaural beats

accomplish the same thing (brainwave entrainment) and are very effective.

How It Works On The

Brain
    When signals of two different frequencies are presented, one to each ear, the brain detects phase

differences between these signals. "Under natural circumstances a detected phase difference would provide

directional information. The brain processes this anomalous information differently when these phase differences are

heard with stereo headphones or speakers. A perceptual integration of the two signals takes place, producing the

sensation of a third "beat" frequency. The difference between the signals waxes and wanes as the two different input

frequencies mesh in and out of phase. As a result of these constantly increasing and decreasing differences, an

amplitude-modulated standing wave -the binaural beat- is heard. The binaural beat is perceived as a fluctuating

rhythm at the frequency of the difference between the two auditory inputs. Evidence suggests that the binaural beats

are generated in the brainstem’s superior olivary nucleus, the first site of contralateral integration in the

auditory system (Oster, 1973). Studies also suggest that the frequency-following response originates from the

inferior colliculus (Smith, Marsh, & Brown, 1975)" (Owens & Atwater, 1995). This activity is conducted to the cortex

where it can be recorded by scalp electrodes.

Altered States
    Binaural beats can easily be heard

at the low frequencies (< 30 Hz) that are characteristic of the EEG spectrum (Oster, 1973). This perceptual

phenomenon of binaural beating and the objective measurement of the frequency-following response (Hink, Kodera,

Yamada, Kaga, & Suzuki, 1980) suggest conditions which facilitate entrainment of brain waves and altered states of

consciousness. There have been numerous anecdotal reports and a growing number of research efforts reporting changes

in consciousness associated with binaural-beats. "The subjective effect of listening to binaural beats may be

relaxing or stimulating, depending on the frequency of the binaural-beat stimulation" (Owens & Atwater, 1995).

Binaural beats in the delta (1 to 4 Hz) and theta (4 to 8 Hz) ranges have been associated with reports of relaxed,

meditative, and creative states (Hiew, 1995), and used as an aid to falling asleep. Binaural beats in the alpha

frequencies (8 to 12 Hz) have increased alpha brain waves (Foster, 1990) and binaural beats in the beta frequencies

(typically 16 to 24 Hz) have been associated with reports of increased concentration or alertness (Monroe, 1985) and

improved memory (Kennerly, 1994).

Passively listening to binaural beats may not spontaneously propel you into

an altered state of consciousness. One’s subjective experience in response to binaural-beat stimulation may also be

influenced by a number of mediating factors. For example, the willingness and ability of the listener to relax and

focus attention may contribute to binaural-beat effectiveness in inducing state changes. "Ultradian rhythms in the

nervous system are characterized by periodic changes in arousal and states of consciousness (Rossi,

1986;

Shannahoff-Khalsa, 1991; Webb & Dube, 1981). These naturally occurring shifts may underlie the

anecdotal reports of fluctuations in the effectiveness of binaural beats. External factors are also thought to play

roles in mediating the effects of binaural beats" (Owens & Atwater, 1995). The perception of a binaural beat is, for

example, said to be heightened by the addition of white noise to the carrier signal (Oster, 1973), so white noise is

often used as background. "Music, relaxation exercises, guided imagery, and verbal suggestion have all been used to

enhance the state-changing effects of the binaural beat" (Owens & Atwater, 1995). Other practices such as humming,

toning, breathing exercises, autogenic training, and/or biofeedback can also be used to interrupt the homeostasis of

resistant subjects (Tart, 1975).

Brain Waves and Consciousness
    Controversies concerning the

brain, mind, and consciousness have existed since the early Greek philosophers argued about the nature of the

mind-body relationship, and none of these disputes has been resolved. Modern neurologists have located the mind in

the brain and have said that consciousness is the result of electrochemical neurological activity. There are,

however, growing observations to the contrary. There is no neurophysiological research which conclusively shows that

the higher levels of mind (intuition, insight, creativity, imagination, understanding, thought, reasoning, intent,

decision, knowing, will, spirit, or soul) are located in brain tissue (Hunt, 1995). A resolution to the

controversies surrounding the higher mind and consciousness and the mind-body problem in general may need to involve

an epistemological shift to include extra-rational ways of knowing (de Quincey, 1994) and cannot be comprehended by

neurochemical brain studies alone. We are in the midst of a revolution focusing on the study of consciousness

(Owens, 1995). Penfield, an eminent contemporary neurophysiologist, found that the human mind continued to work in

spite of the brain’s reduced activity under anesthesia. Brain waves were nearly absent while the mind was just as

active as in the waking state. The only difference was in the content of the conscious experience. Following

Penfield’s work, other researchers have reported awareness in comatose patients (Hunt, 1995) and there is a growing

body of evidence which suggests that reduced cortical arousal while maintaining conscious awareness is possible

(Fischer, 1971;West 1980; Delmonte, 1984; Goleman 1988; Jevning, Wallace, & Beidenbach, 1992; Wallace, 1986;

Mavromatis, 1991). These states are variously referred to as meditative, trance, altered, hypnogogic, hypnotic, and

twilight-learning states (Budzynski, 1986). Broadly defined, the various forms of altered states rest on the

maintenance of conscious awareness in a physiologically reduced state of arousal marked by parasympathetic dominance

(Mavromatis, 1991). Recent physiological studies of highly hypnotizable subjects and adept meditators indicate that

maintaining awareness with reduced cortical arousal is indeed possible in selected individuals as a natural ability

or as an acquired skill (Sabourin, Cutcomb, Crawford, & Pribram, 1993). More and more scientists are expressing

doubts about the neurologists’ brain-mind model because it fails to answer so many questions about our ordinary

experiences, as well as evading our mystical and spiritual ones. The scientific evidence supporting the phenomenon

of remote viewing alone is sufficient to show that mind-consciousness is not a local phenomenon (McMoneagle,

1993).

If mind-consciousness is not the brain, why then does science relate states of consciousness and

mental functioning to brain-wave frequencies? And how is it that audio with embedded binaural beats alters brain

waves? The first question can be answered in terms of instrumentation. There is no objective way to measure mind or

consciousness with an instrument. Mind-consciousness appears to be a field phenomenon which interfaces with the body

and the neurological structures of the brain (Hunt, 1995). One cannot measure this field directly with current

instrumentation. On the other hand, the electrical potentials of brain waves can be measured and easily quantified.

Contemporary science likes things that can be measured and quantified. The problem here lies in oversimplification

of the observations. EEG patterns measured on the cortex are the result of electroneurological activity of the

brain. But the brain’s electroneurological activity is not mind-consciousness. EEG measurements then are only an

indirect means of assessing the mind-consciousness interface with the neurological structures of the brain. As crude

as this may seem, the EEG has been a reliable way for researchers to estimate states of consciousness based on the

relative proportions of EEG frequencies. Stated another way, certain EEG patterns have been historically associated

with specific states of consciousness. It is reasonable to assume, given the current EEG literature, that if a

specific EEG pattern emerges it is probably accompanied by a particular state of consciousness.

As to the

second question raised in the above paragraph, audio with embedded binaural beats alters the electrochemical

environment of the brain. This allows mind-consciousness to have different experiences. When the brain is entrained

to lower frequencies and awareness is maintained, a unique state of consciousness emerges. This state is often

referred to as hypnogogia "mind awake/body asleep." Slightly higher-frequency entrainment can lead to hyper

suggestive states of consciousness. Still higher-frequency EEG states are associated with alert and focused mental

activity needed for the optimal performance of many tasks. Perceived reality changes depending on the state of

consciousness of the perceiver (Tart, 1975). Some states of consciousness provide limited views of reality, while

others provide an expanded awareness of reality. For the most part, states of consciousness change in response to

the ever-changing internal environment and surrounding stimulation. For example, states of consciousness are subject

to influences like drugs and circadian and ultradian rhythms (Rossi, 1986; Shannahoff-Khalsa, 1991; Webb & Dube,

1981). Specific states of consciousness can also be learned as adaptive behaviors to demanding circumstances (Green

and Green, 1986).

Synchronized brain waves
    Synchronized brain waves have long been associated

with meditative and hypnogogic states, and audio with embedded binaural beats has the ability to induce and improve

such states of consciousness. The reason for this is physiological. Each ear is "hardwired" (so to speak) to both

hemispheres of the brain (Rosenzweig, 1961). Each hemisphere has its own olivary nucleus (sound-processing center)

which receives signals from each ear. In keeping with this physiological structure, when a binaural beat is

perceived there are actually two standing waves of equal amplitude and frequency present, one in each hemisphere.

So, there are two separate standing waves entraining portions of each hemisphere to the same frequency. The binaural

beats appear to contribute to the hemispheric synchronization evidenced in meditative and hypnogogic states of

consciousness. Brain function is also enhanced through the increase of cross-collosal communication between the left

and right hemispheres of the brain.

Resetting Your Brains Sodium/Potassium Ratio In Theta
    Your

brain cells reset their sodium & potassium ratios when the brain is in Theta state. The sodium & potassium levels

are involved in osmosis which is the chemical process that transports chemicals into and out of your brain cells.

After an extended period in the Beta state the ratio between potassium and sodium is out of balance. This the main

cause of what is known as "mental fatigue". A brief period in Theta (about 5 - 15min) can restore the ratio to

normal resulting in mental refreshment.

A year ago I read up on something

called "cloudbusting". I watched my cousin do it, and it worked. I can't remember the exact site but here's one

for soemthing else on the same subject, kinda.

http://www.neilslade.com/

I would suggest

HEAVILY reading up on that. I plan on buying a book soon. Tell me what your opinions are.

Power of Prayer, does it

heal?:

http://webcenter.health.webmd.netsca...m?pagenumber=1

This relates to this energy brain activity stuff.........

Regarding DIHLing and alpha and beta

brain waves, and brain activity, what occurs in these prayer/meditative focused states seem to be similar to what

someone dihling might go through from the pheromones.

For the past 30 years, Harvard scientist

Herbert Benson, MD, has conducted his own studies on prayer. He focuses specifically on meditation, the Buddhist

form of prayer, to understand how mind affects body.

Benson has documented on MRI brain scans the physical

changes that take place in the body when someone meditates. When combined with recent research from the University

of Pennsylvania, what emerges is a picture of complex brain activity:

As an individual goes deeper and deeper

into concentration, intense activity begins taking place in the brain's parietal lobe circuits -- those that

control a person's orientation in space and establish distinctions between self and the world. Benson has

documented a "quietude" that then envelops the entire brain.

At the same time, frontal and temporal lobe

circuits -- which track time and create self-awareness -- become disengaged. The mind-body connection dissolves,

Benson says.

And the limbic system, which is responsible for putting "emotional tags" on that

which we consider special, also becomes activated. The limbic system also regulates relaxation,

ultimately controlling the autonomic nervous system, heart rate, blood pressure, metabolism, etc., says

Benson.

The result: Everything registers as emotionally significant, perhaps responsible for the sense of awe

and quiet that many feel. The body becomes more relaxed and physiological activity becomes more evenly regulated.

Phero Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal
    A year ago I

read up on something called "cloudbusting". I watched my cousin do it, and it worked.
    What is that?

Couldnt find anything interesting from Google on cloudbusting.
    Blessed are the cross-eyed, for they shall see God twice.
    Products I own: AE/m, APC/m, NPA/m, TE/m, SPMO, SOE/m, WAGG, Perception, EW, Chikara

To make into lameman's terms,

it's basicly absorbing cloud energy with your eyes and making them dissapear. Extensive cloudbusting is used for

weather changes and such. It's kind of exciting to watch it happen.

ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc
    Last edited by Mungojerry; 10-05-2015 at 07:20 AM.

This is one for now, I don't

remember the first one i saw that said how to do it with your eyes, but there stuff soemwhere. I'll post a new

topic on it.

Thread Information