Close

Default Is your appreciation of a scent an indicator of efficacy?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Here's what I mean by that. I tried Chikara last night, and don't think I had any

appreciable hits from it. Although I understand that one test does not a conclusion make, I don't think I'll be

using the c7 again, mainly because I don't like the smell at all. Very musky, and cloyingly sweet - not me at all.

I kept smelling it throughout the night, and while it didn't ruin my evening or anything, it definitely wasn't

something that grew on me.

So today, I put on some AE. Much better. Spicy, but with an underlying sweetness,

not so much to balance it out, but round it out. It reminds me a lot of Quorum, one of my favorite non-mone

fragrances. I went out to a couple of stores I knew would be packed with xmas shoppers. Lingered in some areas,

etc., just to see if anything would happen (I had items to buy, too, I had real purpose to the errands anyway), but

no appreciable hits. Although, the application was only one dab on each wrist, because that's all I had (gelpack

seems to have leaked in the mail). Still though, I'd much rather try the AE again than the C7, simply because I

figure if I like myself better in the fragrance, that would probably help with the attitude anyway.

So this got

me to thinking - I've seen a lot of threads that say "it gets me laid all the time, plus I really love the smell of

the fragrance!", whereas I haven't seen too many that say "It smell like a mixture of cat pee and dog feces, but

it's so effective I just push on through the smell anyway, and hold my nose in the sack..." Does anyone think

there is anything to this? If you "like" how a product smells on you, do you think that could be an indicator as to

how effectively it will mingle with your body chemistry?

Possibly indirectly. The

effectiveness of mones has no relationship to the scent or lack of scent. But if you believe the scent stinks

you'll be less self confident and that will make a difference. If you think it smells great, your increased

confidence will also show and have a positive effect.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by esk6969
    Here's what I mean by

that. I tried Chikara last night, and don't think I had any appreciable hits from it. Although I understand that

one test does not a conclusion make, I don't think I'll be using the c7 again, mainly because I don't like the

smell at all. Very musky, and cloyingly sweet - not me at all. I kept smelling it throughout the night, and while

it didn't ruin my evening or anything, it definitely wasn't something that grew on me.

So today, I put

on some AE. Much better. Spicy, but with an underlying sweetness, not so much to balance it out, but round it out.

It reminds me a lot of Quorum, one of my favorite non-mone fragrances. I went out to a couple of stores I knew

would be packed with xmas shoppers. Lingered in some areas, etc., just to see if anything would happen (I had items

to buy, too, I had real purpose to the errands anyway), but no appreciable hits. Although, the application was only

one dab on each wrist, because that's all I had (gelpack seems to have leaked in the mail). Still though, I'd

much rather try the AE again than the C7, simply because I figure if I like myself better in the fragrance, that

would probably help with the attitude anyway.

So this got me to thinking - I've seen a lot of threads that

say "it gets me laid all the time, plus I really love the smell of the fragrance!", whereas I haven't seen too many

that say "It smell like a mixture of cat pee and dog feces, but it's so effective I just push on through the smell

anyway, and hold my nose in the sack..." Does anyone think there is anything to this? If you "like" how a product

smells on you, do you think that could be an indicator as to how effectively it will mingle with your body

chemistry?

We all have different body chemistries which make pheromones work more or less

effectively on different products and scents better or worse on different people.

However, the scent is

still independent of the effectiveness of the mones, and I don't think there is a strong correlation between

whether you like the scent and whether the product works. Obviously people use products they like the scent of more

often, so hit posts will feature them. Moreover, if someone is going to complain about no hits, more likely they

will attack other things they do not like about the product, ie scent.

I'd up the C7 amount, btw. Also, you

might want to contrast it with npa/te. That may bring out its results.

"...I don't think there

is a strong correlation between whether you like the scent and whether the product works."
    Hmm, some

scents make me want to hurl, and hurling tends to override any enhancing factors of the 'mones added or within.

Perception (scent component only) and Devin come to mind when I think of tossing cookies. To me, a bad scent is like

a bad haircut or being overweight. I'm too self conscious and distracted to respond well to all the babes falling

at my feet.

Incidentally, I like the smell of Chikara, but never tried cat pee now that I think of it

(obviously lots of folks on this forum have). Heck, I bet kitty wee has plenty of 'mones within...

I really

like the smell of L'eau D'Issey and feel like a stud when so adorned, with or without 'mones added. This feeling

and resulting action are at least partly due to women stiffing and complimenting me.
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

DST may want to add something,

this has something to do with enhancing positive points of your personal scent.

Do other people like on you

what you think smells the best, and visa versa?

Sorry, gotta run
    CptKipling

Information about pheromones: Pheromone Information Library

Phero Pro

How sweet does c7 smell? similar to

Escape perhaps?

Phero Dude

I was in a department store the

other day browsing the fragrance counters...I was looking for something new as I hadn't bought anything new in

awhile. I got talked into Dolce & Gabana by the lady working the counter. She said I would have to fight the girls

off wearing this stuff. So on an impulse buy I went for it. It wasn't until I got it home that I realized I

wasn't all that crazy about the scent. Maybe I can learn to develop a taste for it. It will be interesting to see

the reactions I get, if any, even though I dont exactly like the scent.

You have to consider your audience

(i.e. yourself or others?).

To wit: I hated the smell of Le Male when I wore it, but compliments are

compliments.

(Still...never again. <barfing emoticon>)

I do not particularly like

the smell of Chikara, but do like the results.

Quote Originally Posted by CptKipling
    Do other

people like on you what you think smells the best, and visa versa?
    This has been a mixed bag for me.

Usually if I wear something that I really like (lots of base notes, of course ) I get good responses.

There have been a couple of notable flops - Rebellion comes immediately to mind. I love the stuff, it's hard to

find (I think it was discontinued) and I bought three bottles. I have not received a single "you smell good" wearing

it. 'Course that was between girlfriends...

When I wear Cool Water, which I don't particularly care for, I

always get good response.

At the moment, I'm into Pi, which I like, and I get "you smell yummy" comments

(it's the vanilla-like benzoin base note) frequently.

-Bass
    somewhere between amused and obsessed...

I like Pi too, and I think it

was rated highly by women in a magazine somewhere.
    CptKipling

Information about pheromones: Pheromone Information Library

what if it's not really the

scent of chikara that he doesn't like per se, but the scent of his body chemistry with the mones in chikara, and

then by mere association the scent of chikara also? could that be?
    Last edited by starboy; 12-30-2004 at 01:40 PM. Reason: typo

Thread Information