Close

DeMoKiLL

Default Body Language to look out for

visit-red-300x50PNG
    What

body language should you look for to tell if a certain female likes you? Idk one day I thought I got positive body

language because I was laid back legs open, the "alpha" look;-) and she did basically what I did, but with her feet

pointed to me. It might be pure speculation but Im not quite sure. Can you tell me what are the key things to look

out for?

Thanks in Advance
    -Demo

Phero Pharaoh

Mirroring is just one sign of

possible interest. You have to look for multiple signs.

Do a search for the body

language thread. It had a lot of good info in it
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

DeMoKiLL

Quote Originally Posted by Friendly1
    Mirroring is

just one sign of possible interest. You have to look for multiple signs.
    Can you tell me what those signs

are? Yes I have done a search and couldn't find anything.

King of the coupons!

Quote Originally Posted by DeMoKiLL
    Can you tell me

what those signs are? Yes I have done a search and couldn't find anything.
    Then click on Friendlyy1's

name, and click FIND MORE POST by ... he's given so much advice on the methods. You should pay him to have him type

it all again.
    Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

Quote Originally Posted by DeMoKiLL
    Can you tell me

what those signs are? Yes I have done a search and couldn't find anything.
    There's a whole list of junk

under body language.
    CptKipling

Information about pheromones: Pheromone Information Library

Phero Dude

i took this from

fastseduction

http://www.paulekman.com/training_cds.php

Hey gang

-

As part of my fascination with cold reading, I have been experimenting with Face Reading... much like Palm

Reading, there is a lot to it and you can spend a lot of time perfecting the different aspects of it.

While

doing research, I happened upon this article by Malcom Gladwell, a writer for the New Yorker. Although this is about

the more scientific approach (as opposed to the holistic one that I had been studying), it contained a wealth of

material that applied to the game.

I will summarize some of those ideas below and provide commentary on them.

Anyone who wants to read the full article can find it

here:

http://www.gladwell.com/2002/2002_08_05_a_face.htm

The Art of Calibration:

One of the

figures studied in the piece is a Scientist by the name of Paul Ekman, formally a professor at UCSF. He invented a

test to determine a persons innate ability to read faces.

The test consisted of showing pictures of faces and

then asking what emotion those people were feeling. Were they genuinely happy, or faking? Were they genuinely sad,

or faking?

For the most part, people tested at 50% accurate. That is to say, given two choices, they would pick

the correct answer half the time. Statistically, that is a null result... their answers were no better than random

chance.

However, one out of every thousand people demonstrated the ability to make very accurate answers...

beyond mere chance.

These people all came from backgrounds where making judgments about people was crucial to

their job: police officers, ex-military, lawyers etc..

From these subjects, Ekman began to research how this very

small minority was able to develop calibration above and beyond most people.

This also points out how rare a

skill calibration is, given that 999 out of 1,000 don't have the ability to test better than blind luck under

controlled circumstances.

The Forerunner:

The person who first began the process of reading faces was

profiled thus:

"Paul Ekman got his start in the face-reading business because of a man named Silvan Tomkins, and

Silvan Tomkins may have been the best face reader there ever was... He taught psychology at Princeton and Rutgers,

and was the author of "Affect, Imagery, Consciousness," a four-volume work so dense that its readers were evenly

divided between those who understood it and thought it was brilliant and those who did not understand it and thought

it was brilliant...

"During the Depression, in the midst of his doctoral studies at Harvard, he worked as a

handicapper for a horse-racing syndicate, and was so successful that he lived lavishly on Manhattan's Upper East

Side. At the track, where he sat in the stands for hours, staring at the horses through binoculars, he was known as

the Professor. "He had a system for predicting how a horse would do based on what horse was on either side of him,

based on their emotional relationship," Ekman said...

"Tomkins felt that emotion was the code to life, and that

with enough attention to particulars the code could be cracked. He thought this about the horses, and, more

important, he thought this about the human face."

The article details other impressive ways that Tomkins could

read other people.

The key, it seems was the way that emotion plays itself out in our body... by reading

different emotions and how they are involuntarily expressed through our movement, face and speech... one cracks the

code of another persons state.

None of this is inherent. All the subjects profiled had to develop their talents

through life experience. The naturals picked it up because they were constantly put in the situation where their

survival depended upon it (military servicemen, police officers). The scientists learned it through rigorous trial

and error, through studying and devising theories based upon their findings, and then field testing those

theory's.

This talent can be utilized in other ways... like the fore runner of face reading who made a fortune

through gambling, the ability to read people crosses all lines and is a useful life

skill.

Micro-Expressions:

TD developed the idea of subcommunication, partly from DYD (attraction isn't a

choice)... and Ekman's research supports this. He calls it micro-communication. He cites a woman who attempted

suicide. He caught her on tape, when asked what her plans were for the holidays (before her suicide attempt).

"If

the face really was a reliable guide to emotion, shouldn't he be able to look back on the film and tell that she

was lying? Ekman and Friesen began to analyze the film for clues. They played it over and over for dozens of hours,

examining in slow motion every gesture and expression. Finally, they saw it. As Mary's doctor asked her about her

plans for the future, a look of utter despair flashed across her face so quickly that it was almost imperceptible...

Ekman calls that kind of fleeting look a "microexpression,"...

When we experience a basic emotion, a

corresponding message is automatically sent to the muscles of the face. That message may linger on the face for just

a fraction of a second, or be detectable only if you attached electrical sensors to the face, but It's always

there. Silvan Tomkins once began a lecture by bellowing, "The face is like the penis!" and this is what he

meant—that the face has, to a large extent, a mind of its own."

Whatever our state is, it will be subcommunicated

through micro-expressions.

Fortunately, most people can't read these micro-expressions. They are part of the 999

of a 1,000 that can't. That is, not consciously. However, the subconscious mind will pick it up. This can lead to

someone communicating high value through their macro-communication, but communicating low value through their

micro-communication... and to someone consciously thinking of the other person as high value, but subconsciously

feeling that the other person is low value.

These incongruities lead to anomalous reactions in the field and

cause guys to get negative reactions, which gets blamed on their conscious communications (read lines, routines

etc...), when the real fault was in their subcommunication, they way they microcommunicated fear through a brief

facial expression.

We have three channels that affect how we present ourselves to others: our physiology, our

emotions and our mental state. By changing one, you can force movement in the others.

By forcing yourself to

approach a girl, or to relax your shoulders, or to breathe slower, you put yourself into the behavior loop of a

certain emotional and mental state.

By using mental affirmations, you affect on a sub-conscious level your mental

state, which can induce you into a desired behavior loop.

By focusing on two of these channels, you make it

inevitable that the third will change into the way that you want it to.

All of this is communicated at a

subconscious level to others, and can be read in others given time in the field. When you are able to consciously

read the subconscious of another person, you have some power over them... you have more information about them than

they have of you.

All of these things go in line with each other... better calibration leads to better reactions

leads to better mental state leads to conveying higher value leads to better interactions as a whole.

It all

begins with the first observation, which can only be done in real life.

Time to get started!

Phero Dude

so basically if you learn to read

microexpressions, you can figure out if a girl is attracted to you without making a move.

However it looks like you'll

first have to invest a lot of time mastering face reading. A little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing.
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

Phero Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Gegogi
    A little bit of

knowledge can be a dangerous thing.
    is this a warning about something i should know?

Phero Pharaoh

That article is what is called

a teaser. It draws you in with interesting tidbits and doesn't teach you enough to help much.

I did get an

interesting reaction from a woman tonight as I walked off the dance floor with a friend. The woman was watching me

and as I walked toward her her face lit up. I think she was hoping I would dance with her. I elected not to. She

couldn't dance.

Gut feelings are probably the best guide we have to understanding body language. Men just

don't understand how to rely on those gut feelings. "Use the Force, Luke".

This was an extraordinarily

useful article. "Use the force" works after you've mastered the basics. No one here who is using mones is using the

force. They are using the fruits of people who did painstaking analytical work.

For those who have open

minds, there is the possibility that visual cues may have an impact on others of great significance. According to

the attachment, 0.1% can use the force and read the visual cues naturally. Perhaps the rest of us can learn it

artificially, just as most of us here use artificial mones.
    The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.

This is most useful for attracting

women, not reading whether they are attracted to you. This it is why it is important for confused guys to learn to

appreciate themselves first before even thinking about women. Otherwise they get caught in a bad cycle.

Thread Information