Close

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    DeMoKiLL

Default What to do if you become too cocky

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Ok

I was saying things to be cocky and funny but I went a little too far and became to her a "jerk". Is it bad when a

girl calls you a jerk? Is it better then being too nice? Would apologizing totally ruin everything between us?

DeMoKiLL

everything was said online

in what context did she say

jerk?....most likely its nothing and i wouldnt worry about it

DeMoKiLL

screw you, your being a total

jerk

Is there any way you can come

up with an excuse to make up for it? Like you were having a bad day or you were just feeling crappy or something?

Nothing is definate to the point that somebody will totally hate you, unless you went REALLY far.... how far did

you go?

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by DeMoKiLL
    screw you,

your being a total jerk
    probably depends on what broke the camels back . women

are usually more forgiving then men though we get ugly what did you say to her? compliments and

flowers work. one long stem rose to my former gf now wife got me happy everytime.

Phero Dude

Ok I was saying

things to be cocky and funny but I went a little too far and became to her a "jerk". Is it bad when a girl calls you

a jerk? Is it better then being too nice? Would apologizing totally ruin everything between us?
    don't worry

about what see thinks, that is not the goal. the goal is to create attraction, she doesn't necessarily have to like

you to be attracted to you. if you don't think that's the true, read some women's magazine about how they hook up

with guys they hate. worrying about what she thinks is also seeking approval, another no no. apologizing is also

seeking her approval. my opinion is you'll pull more girls by being too cocky than being nice.

when you do

something, think about these questions. are you leading? are you doing things on your own terms? are you seeking her

approval/validation? are you qualifying to her? the answer to the 1st 2 should be yes and the answer to the last 2

should be no.

DeMoKiLL

Well idk, I just kept saying

stuff like I was going to print the convo out and pass it around then what really got her is when I called her ugly.

From what i've heard and read from people is its ok if she calls you a complete asshole. Oh well at school

tommorrow ill just play it off like it was nothing, and see her reaction.

DeMoKiLL

Quote Originally Posted by TRock
    don't worry about

what see thinks, that is not the goal. the goal is to create attraction, she doesn't necessarily have to like you

to be attracted to you. if you don't think that's the true, read some women's magazine about how they hook up

with guys they hate. worrying about what she thinks is also seeking approval, another no no. apologizing is also

seeking her approval. my opinion is you'll pull more girls by being too cocky than being nice.

when you do

something, think about these questions. are you leading? are you doing things on your own terms? are you seeking her

approval/validation? are you qualifying to her? the answer to the 1st 2 should be yes and the answer to the last 3

should be no.
    So your saying that its ok to be a jerk to her near the point her hating me, as in that will

get her to like me more?

Phero Dude

ugly is tough man. the girl should

be gorgeous and understand that you are c&f for a comment like that. but you're stuck, don't back down.

Phero Dude

So your saying

that its ok to be a jerk to her near the point her hating me, as in that will get her to like me more?
    i'm

not saying do it on purpose, but if you go overboard don't back down but than don't keep adding to the fire.

aiming for a girl to hate you is not what c&f. i meant it in the context she likes you as a nice guys vs hates

you.

another thing there's 4 ways to be c&f.
    1) c&f about your self.
    refering to yourself in the 2nd and 3rd

person
    basically being self absorb

2)c&f about her
    basically giving her a hard time

3)c&f about everything

else besides the 2 of ya'll
    cracking on somebody that's dressed bad

4)role reversal
    taking a woman's frame

and putting a man's frame on her
    accuse her of being needy, a loser, weird etc
    stuff that women say about guys

there's more examples that's all i can think of offf the top of my head.

my 2 cents: dont back

down but make it like nothing if she talks about it just say its a joke & make another one less provocative [to make

her forget the first one...]

Phero Dude

Quote Originally Posted by eric_pelletier_tw
    turn it

funny...
    yeah accuse her of having no sense of humor, make it look like she's weird for not understanding

it's a joke

Very bad idea.

Sorry guys,

but brushing it off like it's nothing is just about the worst thing you can do here.

Teasing a girl is one

thing. Being cocky is one thing. Calling her ugly and saying you'll pass around the conversation is unmitigated

jackass behaviour. If I were this girl, I'd be hard pressed to EVER talk to you again.

If you're being "cocky

and funny" with the intention of flirting, you're ok in teasing her about being too quiet, too loud, being a tease,

doing somethng embarresing, etc. It's ok to tease her about behaviour. NEVER tease a girl about something she

can't change, like how pretty she is, how tall or short she is, her race, or anything. BAD BAD IDEA. And never

tease about violating her trust. Some girls do go for the bad boys, but that's mostly because we feel special when

they treat everyone like crap and treat us well, or we think they're sexy in that attitude. But a violation of

trust just instantly puts you in the undateable loser catagory, and sexiness is about 90% mental. You just made a

huge mistake with this girl, HUGE.

If you want to recover a friendship, let alone anything remotely romantic

APOLOGIZE IMMEDIATELY AND PROFUSELY. Frankly, if I were this girl and we were friends before, I'd allow you to

apologise and be friends with you, but I would probably consider you undateable for all time until you grow up. If

I didn't know you very well before, I'd say it's alright but stop being friends with you, only saying cursory

hellos in the halls and so forth. But who knows, everyone's different.

But one thing's for sure...if you

don't apologize very well and very soon, you can kiss this girl goodbye.

Best of luck,
    ~Silver

Well idk, I just

kept saying stuff like I was going to print the convo out and pass it around then what really got her is when I

called her ugly.
    Need we even say that calling a woman "ugly" is NOT akin to "creating

attraction"?

Consider yourself blessed if you ever have a chance with her again.

Agree with Silver. There's a

thin red line with teasing, and calling her ugly is just more of a downright insult. Remember, you don't have to be

a jerk to be cocky and funny. You can be totally nice and still be cocky and funny and playful, I think girls like

that. Playful means teasing, not insulting.

Demo it's best to not try and make a bad rep for yourself, since

your still in highschool word spreads fast (well, at least it did in the hs I was from), so if you appear as a jerk

to one girl, she'll probably tell her friends and you've just blown your chances with them too. Try to make up for

it, stop trying to be so c&f this, c&f that, you can still get a girl without being too c&f. Start slow with the

stuff, it's best to be under c&f than TOO much c&f, the latter will make you seem like a downright JERK.

Well..it´s supposed to be cocky

AND FUNNY and i think you should turn the cocky down a nodge an concebtrate on being funny...it takes some skill

though

Online is a handycap anyway because you can´t use your bodylanguage and voice tone..and that is

the most important part. And is you take it to far than you can give her a smirk or say "come on...I´m just teasing"

afterwards acuse her of having no humor . Or when you meet her be realy nice to a girl with your body and

stroke her and at the same time tell her she hasn´t earned it and she´s being a pain in the a..tonight and you

should charge her for being like that...but it´s all in how you say it...in a fun and playful way.
    Well that was my

two cents
    "He who makes a beast of himself
    gets rid of the pain of being a man"
    DR. JOHNSON

Greetings
    SirAngel

Demokill,
    Sounds to me like

you don’t much care for this girl. Otherwise why would you say such things? Even if you are a jerk.

I

used to get in conversations with this lady that always frustrated me by trying to push her extreme, uninformed

opinions on me. I knew the only reason I bothered to talk with her was her cute looks and flirty mannerisms. Deep

down inside, I always felt she was selfish and stupid. But I’d always find myself stuck in these uncomfortable

conversations just the same. At some point I almost always clammed up and waited for a good moment to politely

excuse myself. Often leaving the coffee shop long before I intended to.
    One day she caught on and asked,”Why

do you always act like you want to run away? I thought you liked me.”
    That’s when I broke character and

said something that completely surprised me (not to mention the girl):
    “I do like you. But I’d probably

like you better if you’d just shut up and blow me.”

Of course I didn’t get the BJ, but at least now we

can exchange polite smiles and share the same public space without making each other uncomfortable. Sometimes

honesty really is the best policy. Especially when it comes to being honest with yourself.

I think you

should just move on to some girl that you can really respect.
    Give truth a chance.

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjdddddddddddd
    Last edited by Mungojerry; 10-05-2015 at 07:09 AM.

YOu should never tease about

something physical about her. Only things like her cloths, attitude, the way she walks, her expression,

etc.

It depends how she calls you a jerk (which is hard to know online). If she says, "oh, you're such a

jerk!". And maybe gives you a little smile or laughs, you've hit the right target. Women don't usually call

someone a jerk unless there's some interest, they will just ignore you.

Don't appologize! If she really

thinks you're a jerk, appologizing probably won't help. If she thinks you're a "jerk", appologizing will make put

you into the "wussy" zone.

To be completely frank, you guys

are full of crap. You're too concerned with protecting your own precious masculinity that you become total

jerks.

Apologizing does not make you wussy. Apologizing for everything can make you tiresome, but apologies,

even when they are not necessary, are really sweet. In fact, I don't think there's anything sweeter than a guy

saying "i didn't know that this would offend you, but I'm sorry anyway," although that doesn't apply in this case

since anyone should know that calling a girl ugly is a no-no. I want a guy who is secure enough in his own

masculinity that he can be sympathetic, sentimental, and apologetic. That false bravado self-aggrandizing "I won't

apologize ever even though I know I was wrong TO CALL HER UGLY" is a clear sign of an insecure wuss trying to

overcompensate. Trust me, it's an instant turn-off.

Women admire men who are willing to admit when they are

wrong. This doesn't make you weak, this makes you adaptable, flexible, willing to learn, grow, and mature.

Admitting that you're wrong is one of the hardest and strongest things that anyone, man or woman, can do.

As

for calling her ugly, the only example in which I could possibly IMAGINE that being acceptable is if 1) she's drop

dead gorgeous 2) she knows it, and therefore is not at all insecure 3) you've known her for a long time, AND 4),

you follow it up immediately with a compliment, ie "I'm just kidding, you know I think you're gorgeous". Don't

say she doesn't have a sense of humor, that's just piling on another insult.

Grow up ,guys. Be men, not boys,

and real men always are secure enough to admit it when they are wrong.

~Silver

Growing up takes years, and sometimes

even that's not enough.

Your right.

If she was

trully insulted, you should appologize.

It all depends on how she said you were a jerk. I've said some

pretty outragious things to women and they give me one of those, "Oh you're such a jerk" with a smile and ususally

a hit in the shoulder. If this is the attitude she said it with, you've got some sexual tension going with her and

an appology in that case will ruin it.

When going too far with

cocky funny, i've found the best way to get round it is to just say flatly "Cummon you know I was only joking" or

if i've known the girl a bit longer "Look, you've known me long enough to know what my sense of humour is like, I

was only joking"
    This is a useless routine and won't save your arse after making a mean or

insensitive remark. In other words, if you say something mean and try to retract it with the "I was only joking

excuse," it ain't gonna fly. You'll be forever remembered as a dickless moron. An apology helps but won't be

taken seriously if you continue acting the same way.
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

Quote Originally Posted by Silver
    To be completely

frank, you guys are full of crap. You're too concerned with protecting your own precious masculinity that you

become total jerks.

Women admire men who are willing to admit when they are wrong. This doesn't make you weak,

this makes you adaptable, flexible, willing to learn, grow, and mature. Admitting that you're wrong is one of the

hardest and strongest things that anyone, man or woman, can do.

Grow up ,guys. Be men, not boys, and real men

always are secure enough to admit it when they are wrong.

~Silver
    Excellent! Concise and to the point.

As I've said before, it amazes me that so many guys see a woman's opinion about how a woman feels or

thinks about something they have to argue with her. Listen up guys, she knows what she is talking about.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

dssssssssssddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
    Last edited by Mungojerry; 10-05-2015 at 07:10 AM.

Phero Dude

what women say they want and what

creates attraction are 2 different things. i'm cocky, arrogant, and self absorbed all the things women say they

hate. according to women nobody should be attracted to me, but about half the girls i meet through social circles

are attracted to me.

Quote Originally Posted by belgareth

As

I've said before, it amazes me that so many guys see a woman's opinion about how a woman feels or thinks about

something they have to argue with her. Listen up guys, she knows what she is talking about.

I

totally disagree!

I listened to women about how to deal with women for years and it got me more dates with

my hand than I care to admit to (I'm sure some of you can relate).

I was a "sweet, sensitive guy that showed

my feelings". I did nice things for women, etc. all on the advice of women. It was a great way of aquiring many

woman friends that would come to me when their "jerk" boyfriends mistreated them. If I had a dollar for everytime I

heard "I wish I could meet a nice guy, like you", I'd be a rich man!

Whatever works for you. I'm

polite, quiet, have a good sense of humor, am independent and self assured. Yes, I have many female friends along

with a solid relationship with a pretty, bright woman with a great attitude. I get hits fairly often, got another

good one this morning from a nice looking 35-ish lady banker.

My advice isn't to be what you keep calling a

nice guy, it's to treat women well while retaining your independence. I think that is close to what Silver is

saying also. I've also got up and walked away from women who want to play games. I don't play them and will not

deal with a woman who does.

But, like I said, whatever works for you. My way has worked well for me for many

years.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Let me define a few terms for the

uninitiated. You guys keep throwing the words cocky, confident, arrogant and self-absorbed as if they all mean the

same thing. They don't.

Confident is thinking you're the shit.
    Cocky is acting like you're the

shit.
    Arrogant is acting like you're shit's hotter than everyone else's shit, and that you're so much better

than everyone else.
    Self-absorbed is talking about nothing but how you're the shit.

All women love confident

men, hands down. Some women like there men a little cocky as well. I for one, like men who are very confident and

a little to a lot cocky, depending of if they've actually earned the right to be cocky by actually BEING the shit.

Very few women enjoy arrogant men, because they just make us feel worse about ourselves. Similarly, very few women

like self-absorbed men, and usually these are just the quite ones who are relieved someone will keep talking.

However, demo, you called her ugly, and that makes you, in her eyes and now in the eyes of all her friends, a

bonafide jerk. And no one, and I mean NO ONE likes a jerk. You can be a jerk to other people, sometimes, but if

you're a jerk to her you are history.

And as a response to Trock and Pherosurf, wow you guys sound just a tad

bitter. You're partially right, but you just don't recognize what's really going on. Women know what they want,

almost always, but sometimes they have a hard time recognizing it in people. These girls dating jerks are usually

searching for confident, slightly cocky guys, and mistook the jerkish arrogance of some guys for it. If all they

want are jerks, they why do they dump these guys? Why do they get mad when they act like jerks? It's because

they've realized that they were mistaken. They might stay with a guy to try to change him, but they're not

staying because they want a jerk. Yes, we don't like pussies, and yes, sometimes we snub the "sweet sensitive

guys", but it's usually because they lack confidence. Show them a guy who's confident and sweet at the same time

and they'll take that over an arrogant SOB any day.

My call for maturity doesn't just apply to guys. There

are many girls today that just need to grow up as well and recognize the difference between confidence and

arrogance. But a real woman knows the difference. Maybe acting like a bastard will get you more dates. Maybe

itwill get you more one-night -stands. But if you're looking for a lasting connection with someone special, then

you better shape up and grow up.

Oh and pherosurf? If the thing you're most concerned about is not that you h

aven't found a nice woman as a companion and girlfriend, but rather that you haven't gotten laid enough, then

it's no wonder that you end up with dates with your hand. We women HATE that.

Hope this helps,
    ~Silver

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information