Close

Default Four Men and Their Dogs

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Got this in a spam

mail. :-)

Four men, an Engineer, an Accountant, a Chemist and a Government Worker were bragging about how

smart their dogs were.
    To show off, the Engineer called to his dog and said, "T-Square, do your

stuff."

T- square trotted over to a desk, took out some paper and a pen and promptly drew a circle, a

square and a triangle. Everyone agreed that was pretty smart. But the Accountant said his dog could do better. He

called his dog and said, "Slide Rule, do your stuff."

Slide Rule went out into the kitchen and returned

with a dozen cookies. He divided them into 4 equal piles of 3 cookies each. Everyone agreed that was good. But the

Chemist said his dog could do better. He called his dog and said, "Measure, do your stuff."

Measure got

up, walked over to the fridge, took out a quart of milk, got a 10 ounce glass from the cupboard and poured exactly 8

ounces without spilling a drop. Everyone agreed that was good. Then the three men turned to the Government Worker

and said, "What can your dog do?"

The Government Worker called to his dog and said, "Coffee Break, do

your stuff."

Coffee Break jumped to his feet, ate the cookies, drank the milk, dumped on the paper,

molested the other three dogs, claimed he injured his back while doing so, filed a grievance report for unsafe

working conditions, put in for Worker's Compensation and went home on sick leave.
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene
    Fair Trade crafts from Peru

Good stuff!

Btw, I

had a math teacher in 9th grade who insisted on teaching us all how to use a slide rule, like in "the good old

days." We all thought he was a nut. But to be honest, I've got my shiny TI-89, and of course it does so much

more...but a slide rule is just so much cooler!

~Silver

Silver,

I studied chemical

engineering at Purdue in the late 60s. In those days, you felt naked without your slide rule. My dad went to MIT.

He kept his slide rule in a trunk along with his navy uniform and other prized memorabilia until the day he died.

Back then a nerd was someone who wore his slide rule on his belt. (they hadn't invented duct tape yet :-)

)

B

Quote Originally Posted by Silver

Good stuff!

Btw, I had a math teacher in 9th grade who

insisted on teaching us all how to use a slide rule, like in "the good old days." We all thought he was a nut.

But to be honest, I've got my shiny TI-89, and of course it does so much more...but a slide rule is just so much

cooler!

~Silver
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene
    Fair Trade crafts from Peru

I studied chemical

engineering at Purdue in the late 60s.
    Awesome! My dad studied mechanical engineering there in the early

60's. And my brother did electrical engineering in the mid 90's. Also have a sister and brother-in-law who went

there, but I don't know what they studied.

I study physics at a little university in MO. There's one

classroom with a gigantic sliderule hanging at the front of the classroom, probably 8 feet long. Me and the other

physics students have been staring at that thing for the past 4 years. We've actually asked on of our professors

how to use it, we want to learn, but our professor always says "If I have time at the end of the semester..." but we

never do.
    Maybe I should just google it over break, its gotta be online.

DUCT TAPE! Oh behold the

wonders. Ain't no problem that can't be solved with duct tape and a good sturdy hammer.

In

fact,
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/cubegoodies/toys/5f21/

n
    *GRINS*

~Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Silver
    DUCT TAPE! Oh

behold the wonders. Ain't no problem that can't be solved with duct tape and a good sturdy hammer.

In

fact,
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/cubegoodies/toys/5f21/

n
    *GRINS*

~Silver
    Don't forget the WD40 for anything that can't be solved with duct tape or a

hammer.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information