Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3

Default Re: "CHEMISTRY SET RECIPES"

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Yup. Works great. But now that I’ve cut the jasmine down to acceptable proportions it seems to need something else to round it out. Think I’ll leave that experiment aside for a while.

At least I’ve figured out the right proportions and concentration (for me): 16 -none : 8 -nol : 1 -rone diluted to 10%. Four dabs and I get smiling girls, chummy guys, and lots of attention. Maybe I’ll just get a regular cologne and quit trying to be a perfumist.

Or maybe I’ll try mixing some with skin moisturizer. Or maybe I’ll se how it works with pre-blended e-oils. And I still want to figure out how to spike my existing phero stash. The possibilities are endless. (I love my chem kit.)

**DONOTDELETE**

The thing works like a charm. Some notes I made are, be careful with the vise-grips. You can easily crush the top. The metal is actually quite far from the sprayers mechanics on my bottle. I don?t know if they change this sort of thing or not. Also, I have a 75 mL bottle, and so I took half of it. I do not think you want to open it up twice, it is a bit looser when you reassemble it. But with 37.5 mLs to play with, I have a lot of time before that happens.

a.k.a.,

Damn! I\'m feeling better about my evaluation of the A-Rone. I thought that maybe I was imagining things. The stuff IS way too strong to use in accepted proportions.
    Anyone else think that the A-Rone is stronger than anticipated?
    How many kits are out there?

Oscar [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Walter,

I\'ve got the 125ml bottle and I think Ill let it get down to half or so before I chance messing with it. It was a gift and there\'d be some explaining to do if I screwed up the bottle! The glass method suits my needs for now.

a.k.a.,

It\'s funny how some fragrances change after application. Like APC, it smells totally different 15 minutes after application than it does right out of the bottle.

I had sampled Jasmine several times, with different brands, and couldn\'t see what all the fuss was about. Presumably that\'s because what I was doing was putting a drop on my hand, or arm, sniffing it, and drawing my conclusions from that initial sniff, then moving on to another one.

I now see that it\'s a GREAT fragrance! I put some on the back of my hand and waited about 15 minutes. The stuff changes so radically that it smells almost nothing like it does at first.

Avoid this pitfall. If you\'re shopping fragrances put ONE on each hand tops! Don\'t try to sample a whole rack in one visit. You may find something you LOVE that you thought smelled like shit at first!

Oscar [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Wilde,
    Glad the jasmine has grown on you.

It seems to have a pretty complex scent for e-oil. According to “Aromatherapy for Dummies” the best species is grown in Iran. But I haven’t seen that sold anywhere. (I’m using one that’s grown in India. It’s manufactured by Oshadi which also sells a more expensive Egyptian variety.) I am starting to believe that it has significant aphrodisiac qualities. I’ve tried the same chem kit recipe (16:8:1) with jasmine and with cologne (Havoc, from Body Shop). The cologne mixture still works great, but I seem to get more hits with the jasmine. (Could be my mood is better though.)

As far as the androsterone goes. Now that you’ve confirmed it, I’m convinced that it can be a double-edged pheromone. Just the right amount can enhance the effect of the -none; making for some strong hits. But too much seems to make strangers feel a little up-tight around me.

Before the kits came along, I used combos of AE with TE, PI, or APC to get the right effect. But it was hit or miss. (One day I had girls following me around the mall, the next I couldn’t even make eye-contact. ) Now I feel like I’ve got it under control. (Three cheers for Stone Labs.)

Scientist,

I noticed on page two of this thread that you were looking for a substitute for a now unavailable Perry Ellis fragrance.

sean and CCbythesea have been singing the praises of www.thefragranceshop.com , and on this site you\'ll find their \"oil of PERRY ELLIS\" perfume oil. It\'s under men\'s designer fragrances, and you can get a sample cheap!($3.50/ea. 3 sample minimum)

Walter,

Even the oils, which don\'t contain the nose- confounding alcohol, change drastically in some instances and need time to \"set up\" as you so aptly put it.

I\'ve also noticed that colognes in a partially filled bottle will sometimes improve with age, and smell far better than a fresh bottle of the same fragrance. This contradicts the logic that they go bad in time, unless you consider that they may reach a point of optimum \"ripeness\" before beginning to spoil, as many fruits do.

a.k.a.,

Kuumba, the outfit that makes the Pikaki Lei oil that I\'m crazy about, puts out a Tunisian Jasmine that\'s next on my list. That\'s the stuff that turned my opinion on Jasmine. My problem is that I\'ve got a few other planes on the tarmac before I get around to this one. Seems I really need to be in the mood to mix, to actually get down to it. Kind of like trimming the beard, you\'ve just got to be in the right frame of mind.

You said \"double-edged\" regarding the A-Rone. I STILL suspect it may be double-strength as well! Stone does sell 2mg/ml concentrations of the None, Nol, and Rone, and I would not be at all surprised if that were the concentration of the Rone in the kit. I can\'t imagine AE\'s Rone content NOT stinking to high heaven if this were the stuff they used at the proportions given!

The plus side is that the Rone will last me a LONG TIME, when I HAD thought that it would be the first thing I would run out of.

Oscar [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Wilde One, I understand about the bottle. I got the little 5 mL sprayers from the body shop, and those things are pretty neat. The sprayer top comes right off. This could cause a mess, but it also means you can clean them if they clog. Also, since no one goes into my smelly cabinet (All the experiments and raw materials for my phero exps are here) I do not worry about the looks of the Issey bottle. Like I said earlier, if you are careful, the sprayer comes off pretty easily. But, you quite obviously have a method that works. If it works, do not fix it.

You know, scents really do age. I have noticed this also. I have a lot of theories on this, but I imagine that two things are mainly responsible. One the initial blast of the smell is intense. No time to adsorb into the skin, has not been rubbed around, and so on. This means your nose turns down the volume, and you miss the lighter things. Two, most of the sprayables are alcohol based. It evaporated quickly, sprays well. . . But, alcohol also has a smell (yes it does) and even in the gas phase, the aromas will probably have a different affinity for EtOH + Air, versus Air alone. I can?t comment on time lines, but I am going to think that some mix of the two cases above are probably the case.

On a practical note, even if I am orbiting Pluto on this, aromas take time to set up. Keep this in mind if you are curious about a fragrance.

**DONOTDELETE**

Given the fact i cant get in under the ancroynm of donaldduck ive had to re register so im now fly by night. A better name i think, regarding the rone, i think that it could be double strength which could be a good thing for some users here.

At this rate my -rone is going to last longer than I will. But I’ll probably be getting more -none within the next two months.

Todays exeriment is five parts SP oil with one part -none. This should give me a concentrate about 1/3 the strength of PI (with a nicer smell and an unknown quantity of -nol for good measure). I’ll test it out at a salsa club tonight. The objective is to see exactly how much -none I can get away with.

Banned User

If you used .1% of NONE from the kit...a drop on say, the right ear, and you used .1% of NOL on the other ear, what would your reaction be?????? You would be intimidating, JUST as intimidating as when you had full none, however, you\'d also be JUST as easy to be with.....

What I don\'t get, is, how does that compute? How can you be both...I\'m not talking about mixing either, because, when you mix you get less of both...I\'m talking about full strength of both

Bart

Marv (Bart),
    I’ve never tried using the chem kit stuff at full strength. But cutting it to 1/6 strength wasn’t that successful. From my tests, it appears that .01 mg/ml -NONE is the maximum effective concentration (for me). (Don\'t know if that\'s because concentration is more important than amount, or because lower concentrations let me put it on more parts of my body. For maximum dispersal.) Guess I could have reported that.
    Also the point of mixing with the SP oils was added scent and dilution. I’ve never noticed -NOL reducing the intimidating effects of -NONE. But maybe it does.
    I\'d be interested to know if anybody\'s had good experience wearing higher concentrations, or greater amounts, of -NONE by adding more -NOL to the mix.

[ January 13, 2002: Message edited by: a.k.a. ]

**DONOTDELETE**

It doesnt really have much effect on reducing it but it does get giggles talkative types as well as well as giving off the alpha male type, also rone as we say gets DIHL and also gets intensity.

**DONOTDELETE**

bump

**DONOTDELETE**

I took a look at some of the oils available at fragranceshop.com, and it certainly looks interesting. The question I have is: would I mix the perfume oils with NPA any differently than I currently do when I mix my EDT spray with NPA? Since the oils are more intense and longer lasting, wouldn\'t I be able to use much less and still cover just as much?

Sympatible,

When using oils, I\'ve always converted them to eau de toilette level fragrances by cutting the oil in ethanol and adding a little distilled water.
    If www.fragrancesupplies.com is still available, there\'s a chart on their site that gives proportions for perfume, cologne, eau de cologne, eau de toilette (edt), and aftershave. Each have different ratios of fragrance oil, alcohol, and water. Eau de toilette is 5-10% fragrance (or essential) oil; 75-80% alcohol; and 15% water.

Once converted to edt level, the scents can be mixed with NPA in the recommended 4:1 or 5:1 ratios to provide a decent sprayable product. Without converting, the scents of both the oil and pheros will be overpowering, since you cannot spread them thinly enough. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Oscar [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**

Wilde Oscar:
    Thanks, that makes sense. I\'m still intrigued by the unadulterated oils, though...

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3

Thread Information