Close

Thread: No bread?

Default No bread?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I'm trying to figure out

this high protein and low carbohydrates strategy. I read that if your body gets very little carbohydrates it will go

into Cardio and start tearing on your fat reserves which will decrease your body fat - which will start showing

those abs..

If that is correct..?

Now the trick is to decrease the carbohydrate intake,

and I find that a bit hard. Being used to eating bread at least 2 times a day (breakfast and supper) I am struggling

with my imagination/creativity to come up with a good replacer with less carbohydrates and more protein (and

fat?).

Any meal suggestions are very much welcome. Maybe how you build up a day of meals? ..I plan to buy

mealtech or something like that to replace some meals, but since I'm also suppose to eat more often I will still

need at least 3 normal meals each day I believe...

So please help me get my creativity spinning..

My Dad tried the Atkins thing

for about 6 months...he lost alot of weight but in the end I think it was more detrimental to his health. He had bad

heartburn, his pee was orange and very acidic, and his skin turned somewhat oily.

Remember that those Atkins

fad diets will decrease your testosterone and throw off your body's metabolism. In general, low carb/high protein

foods are LOW CALORIE foods. You can eat cheese, eggs, and steak all day long and still only be ingesting only 1250

calories. So the short of it is, you are on a _low calorie diet_ *by way of* eating low carb/high protein foods.

Someone figured this out, wrote a zillion books on it, and made a bundle of cash. There is also research that says

that Atkins is bad for your heart in the long term.

If you want to lose weight, the bottom line (and

universal constant amongst ALL diets and exercise programs) is you have to burn more calories than you eat. Or

moreso eat less calories than you burn. There are so many ways to do this, and countless books about the subject.

Just be cautious.

King of the coupons!

I was told that you shouldn't

eat anything white that's not meat. Anyone? Anyone?
    Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

Quote Originally Posted by MOBLEYC57
    I was told that

you shouldn't eat anything white that's not meat. Anyone? Anyone?
    There are "simple carbs",

and "complex carbs.".
    The simple ones tend to be "white" as in white rice, and white flour, whereas the complex

tend to be "brown" as in brown rice and *whole wheat* flour. To paraphrase an old saying, "if it's brown chow it

down".
    Freedom begins when you tell Mrs. Grundy to go fly a kite.
    --Lazarus Long

Quote Originally Posted by Red Stripe
    If you want

to lose weight, the bottom line (and universal constant amongst ALL diets and exercise programs) is you have to burn

more calories than you eat. Or moreso eat less calories than you burn. There are so many ways to do this, and

countless books about the subject. Just be cautious.
    Well I'm not actually looking for a strictly

weight loosing diet.. I am exercising and trying to increase muscle growth.. So I'd like to find a good diet that

will give me plenty of protein, but i just want to add muscles and not look like a bear afterwards

Another factor is that I'm really tired of eating so much bread I was hoping someone would have some good

alternatives for breakfast and supper.. Maybe someone has made their very own diet program for training or

something.. If so, please share

Journeyman

Check out the Abs Diet

(www.theabsdiet.com) it is a really interesting book and mainly teaches you

how to eat "right" without actually telling you that you can't eat something. It gives you plenty of protein and

fiber to build muscle while the 12 "power" foods are designed to boost your bodies natural metabolism. The low-carb

diet is not good for you, your body NEEDS carbs and to deprive your body of these is not natural. There is no

need to cut out carbs, just learn what carbs are better then others. Substitute white bread and pastas with

WHOLE-wheat bread and WHOLE-wheat pastas. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking to trim some fat

from around their waist and also just eat healthier and to live a longer healthier lifestyle. I have went from

185lbs. to about 171lbs. in about 4 months (actually a little less.) I didn't really lift weights in that time

period but feel fully confident that I could have added 10-15lbs of muscle if I wanted too. I was looking to lose

some of my beer fa...I mean belly fat because I am planning to move to Arizona and didn't want to look out of

shape. Also, during this time I was (am) recovering from a neck injury that makes it hard for me to lift weights. My

neck is feeling much better and I plan on starting a weight lifting program within the next few weeks, just waiting

on my bottles of Micellar protein (wonderful stuff, look into this at

www.T-mag.com) to arrive, so I will let you know my progress with adding muscle

while on this "diet."

Also, it's not really a diet, it is more of giving you some foods to base your eating

habits around. If you commit to using these foods in your diet you will still be able to eat pizza and drink beer if

you would like once or twice a week because if you base your diet around these power foods they will jump start you

metabolism enough so that a little junk food here and there won't cause you to gain back your unwanted pounds.

Hallois

Thanks for your

input Jason. This really sounds interesting

Could you let us know what some of those foods are?

I am

leaving the country in 2 months - abroad to study for 4 years - and i'm only allowed to bring a 20 kg baggage, so I

don't plan on buying any books before I leave..

So any valuable information you've gotten from reading that

book would be highly appreciated

By the way, I feel I need to emphasise again that I'm not really looking

for a way to loose weight, just a way to replace all the bread-eating and maybe get a healthier diet.. My current

hight is 5 feet 9,5 inches (177 cm) and weigh about 160 lbs (70-72 kg) - Age 20.

I do have a little extra

bellyfat, but I think that would go away with some abs training.. hmm (heading back to the abs training tips in this

other thread. Gotta get a better picture of how to do those exercises)

Journeyman

Yeah, I'll get you some more

information, but right now I'm short on time so it will have to be tomorrow. It will definitely have you eating

healthier. I really wasn't trying to lose weight either, just eat healthier. I lost the weight while still going

out for pizza and beer, still drinking on the weekends (still young), and not really doing any other cardio other

then basketball 2-3 times a week and maybe football once a week. Although I did cut out the fastfood almost

completely. Ab training won't really make you lose belly fat, it will give you more abdominal muscle which will

burn more calories, but it has been scientifically proven that you cannot "spot" reduce fat. Meaning, ab training

doesn't directly effect belly fat, bench presses don't directly effect "bitch" tits, and tricep training won't

reduce the fat on the back of your arm. A healthy diet will decrease fat in these areas, or you could get

liposuction?

Default How's it going?

Hallois

Just curious if you got some abs diet / metabolism kickers for us soon?

I recently learned

about the Blood Type Diet which I am going to follow for some time. Right now I am still trying to learn which foods

to eat etc and hopefully I'll be on a 100% correct diet soon and see how that works for me..

If you could

tell me which foods increase metabolism it would be really great, since then I could see which of those foods I'm

suppose to eat according to the BTD and maybe get even better results

Merry Christmas!

My Dad

tried the Atkins thing for about 6 months...he lost alot of weight but in the end I think it was more detrimental to

his health. He had bad heartburn, his pee was orange and very acidic, and his skin turned somewhat oily.

Remember that those Atkins fad diets will decrease your testosterone and throw off your body's metabolism. In

general, low carb/high protein foods are LOW CALORIE foods. You can eat cheese, eggs, and steak all day long and

still only be ingesting only 1250 calories. So the short of it is, you are on a _low calorie diet_ *by way of*

eating low carb/high protein foods. Someone figured this out, wrote a zillion books on it, and made a bundle of

cash. There is also research that says that Atkins is bad for your heart in the long term.

If you want to lose

weight, the bottom line (and universal constant amongst ALL diets and exercise programs) is you have to burn more

calories than you eat. Or moreso eat less calories than you burn. There are so many ways to do this, and countless

books about the subject. Just be cautious.
    AMEN

Couldnt have said it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by TheViking
    Hallois

Just curious if you got some abs diet / metabolism kickers for us soon?

I

recently learned about the Blood Type Diet which I am going to follow for some time. Right now I am still trying to

learn which foods to eat etc and hopefully I'll be on a 100% correct diet soon and see how that works for me..

You mean "Eat Right For Your Type?"
    If a guy's a cocksucker in his life, when he dies, he don't become a saint. - Morris Levy, Hitmen

Holmes' Theme Song

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes
    You mean "Eat

Right For Your Type?"
    Yeah. Eat right for your type is one of the books written by dr adamo i believe.

I'm also reading up on the live right for your type etc also..

I have never been overweight,

so I never needed to diet. But I do not eat ANY wheat (and its cousins), and have minimal sugar intake (some very

dark chocolate), other than that present in fruit and vegetables. I eat a lot of nuts but am in great shape.

Hallois

I'm not

overweight either, have never been, and the only reason I'm trying to find a new diet is that I want to improve my

health. My BMI is somewhere between 22 and 23 which I think is normal and no reason to diet to loose

weight.

Still hoping for those metabolism kickers though. One of my new year resolutions is to generally be

healthier and hopefully improve my energy levels which have been really bad the last 2 years..

I find

staying away from wheat to be a bit difficult - we're surrounded by wheat in almost all meals it seems.. So any

good pointers how to stay away from wheat (and it's cousins) would be great

I'm also going to start

eating only dark chocolate for sweets, but I gotta find one that doesn't contain milk though..

TheViking,

As for

chocolate, my favorite is Lindt 70% (which is 70% cocoa powder, plus ca. 12% cocoa butter, and no milk).
    My BMI

is 21.2.
    How to stay away from wheat et al? Besides knowing it will help keep you slim and give you more energy?

I like knowing that (in my case at least) my digestion will be much better (no bloating, no gas at all), which also

results in my smelling even better.

Ah, I wasn't talking about

staying away from wheat as a motivation issue, more of a issue of finding what else I can eat..

Today I had

fried sausage, egg and onion for breakfast - that was great! I need to find many other things to eat though so

that I don't grow tired of anything.. Also what to have when bringing with me cold food for work/school

etc..?

And maybe what to order at restaurants etc?

TheViking,
    Basically

anything not contaminated by wheat (etc) is wheat-free:
    meat (I do not eat

it)
    fish
    eggs
    milk/cheese
    vegetables/salad
    fruit
    nuts
    beans (I do not eat it)
    very dark

chocolate (small amounts)
    etc.

At restuarants, just make sure to ask that the food is not breaded (which

is often the case for fried food -- something which is not great to eat anyway). There are sneaky sources like white

sauces and some kinds of soy sauce.
    And dont let them leave bread on your table (unless your companion eats the

stuff).

I don’t have much experience with

diets, but I have a coworker that swears by the “zone” diet. (

http://zoneperfect.com/site/content/index.asp ) It’s supposed to increase your body’s lean to fat ratio

and it seems to be working well for him. I don’t know how much he’s lost, but he’s definitely gotten more solid over

the past several months. And the only exercise he does is golf and walking.

The theory is to maintain

your insulin level at a “zone” that burns fat and increases energy. The recommendation is 30% of your calories in

protein, 30% monounsaturated fats and 40% unrefined carbohydrates.
    Give truth a chance.

My Dad tried the

Atkins thing for about 6 months...he lost alot of weight but in the end I think it was more detrimental to his

health. He had bad heartburn, his pee was orange and very acidic, and his skin turned somewhat oily.

Remember that those Atkins fad diets will decrease your testosterone and throw off your body's metabolism. In

general, low carb/high protein foods are LOW CALORIE foods. You can eat cheese, eggs, and steak all day long and

still only be ingesting only 1250 calories. So the short of it is, you are on a _low calorie diet_ *by way of*

eating low carb/high protein foods. Someone figured this out, wrote a zillion books on it, and made a bundle of

cash. There is also research that says that Atkins is bad for your heart in the long term.

If you want

to lose weight, the bottom line (and universal constant amongst ALL diets and exercise programs) is you have to burn

more calories than you eat. Or moreso eat less calories than you burn. There are so many ways to do this, and

countless books about the subject. Just be cautious.

Lower your testosterone? Bad for your

Heart?

Where do people come up with this crap?

Please, if you don't have first hand experience with a

low-carb diet, don't post rumors and heresay.

All calories are not created equal. Let's say you consume

2,000 calories per day from processed foods such as sugar, bread, pasta etc... compared to someone who consumes

2,000 calories per day from unprocessed foods such as lean meats, fish, poultry, fiberous veggies etc...

Not

to mention the effects on insulin and blood sugar levels.

As for doing a low-carb diet, do it right and go

out and buy a book such as the Atkins Diet book or the South Beach book.

Thread Information