I once read detailed literature on the Realm website describing a controlled test of various substances directly on the vomeronasal organ. Only one substance was shown to affect the male organ, and a different substance the female organ. The substance that affected the female organ began with andro- (long scientific name I can\'t remember), but was NOT androstenone or androstenol. In fact, I believe androstenone/nol were among the substances tested that had no affect on the female vomeronasal organ. I believe the \"Realm andro\" is patented and is contained in \"Realm for Women\". I don\'t know why everyone in this forum thinks the andro contained in \"Realm for Women\" is the same as the other products. According to detailed literature that was on the Realm website, they are different. In fact, I think androstenone/nol are the \"animal pheromones\" that Realm refers to. For some reason, I wasn\'t able to find this literature on the Realm site recently.

Now, even though Realm claimed to have demonstrated that only their andro affected the vomeronasal organ, they presented no evidence that it affected human behavior. In fact, all the studies that claimed affects on human behavior used androstenone/nol! So, that\'s the dilemma I saw when I researched this question years ago. There was the Realm andro that has been shown to affect the vomeronasal organ (through EEG recordings) and then there\'s androstenone/nol that has been shown to affect human behavior (sexual attraction). I think I read somewhere that if androstenone/nol affected human behavior, they did so through another pathway, unrelated to the vomeronasal organ, therefore aren\'t true human pheromones. Of course, maybe people don\'t care how androstenone/nol works as long as they do. However, I\'ve heard too many claims of its affect on the vomeronasal organ when the only study that tested it directly got negative results.

Has the literature changed since I last took a look?