Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4

Thread: OD report

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Quote Originally Posted by chococat
    I'm trying to

give you all some insight into how I believe women work in hopes that you'll give me some insight into how men

work.
    Well.

I find that traditional "dating", actually works against men. It's taught a lot of us

bad habits, like thinking if we buy women lots of things, they'll love us back.

It obviously doesn't work

that way.

I know I used to think a lot like that. And it only made me look desperate and needy.

I

refuse to buy dinner for any woman. Not on the first date anyway.

Phero Pharaoh

Quote Originally Posted by Felstorm
    Well.

I

find that traditional "dating", actually works against men. It's taught a lot of us bad habits, like thinking if we

buy women lots of things, they'll love us back.
    Nonsense. No one worth their salt would ever advocate

trying to buy a woman's affection. You earn her respect and admiration by demonstrating that you are an

interesting, respectful, safe gentleman.

But if you ask a woman to have dinner with you, you are asking her to

forego all other opportunities for companionship, fun, and an interesting time. There is nothing wrong with paying

for the dinner. If she decides she doesn't want to see you again, one of her options is to insist on paying for

her own meal. It's up to you to read between the lines.

Dating is not about scoring. Some of you young guys

act like you think that is what it's all about, and it's not. That is why your experiences have been

disappointing.

If a guy wants a relationship (not a one-night-stand) with a quality girl, he had better be

prepared to show her that he is potential husband material. If she decides she wants more dates with him, then

wants him to be her boyfriend, she'll offer to pay on occasion, make him dinner on occasion, etc. He doesn't end

up paying all the time.

It's NOT about sex. It's NOT about buying a woman's affection. It's about showing

you have some potential as a keeper.

King of the coupons!

Quote Originally Posted by Friendly1
    If she

decides
    she wants more dates with him, then wants him to be her boyfriend, she'll offer to pay on

occasion, make him dinner on occasion, etc. He doesn't end up paying all the time.

It's NOT about sex.

It's NOT about buying a woman's affection. It's about showing you have some potential as a keeper.

My thoughts exactly, Signor Friendly! That's my kind of QUALITY GIRL! I THINK you'll always have that

when one is acting from the heart.
    Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

Quote Originally Posted by Friendly1
    If a guy

wants a relationship (not a one-night-stand) with a quality girl, he had better be prepared to show her that he is

potential husband material. If she decides she wants more dates with him, then wants him to be her boyfriend,

she'll offer to pay on occasion, make him dinner on occasion, etc. He doesn't end up paying all the time.

That's true for most cases. Good point. I happen to know that usually, a good 85-90% of the time, if the woman is

interested in the guy as he is into her, she won't let him pay ALL the time. It's her way of showing him that

SHE'S a keeper, as you said that when men pay, we show her we could be a keeper. Also, you may find that she wants

to go out and eat less as the relationship gets more serious, and she'll spend time and money buying grocieries and

cooking for YOU at her place. Yet another way she shows that she is a kepper and wants to KEEP YOU AROUND.

Just

pure wisdom coming from the man called Friendly. I'm smart enough to realize that at 20, I could learn this now and

eliminated certain problems when it comes to dating later in life. Educate us, man!!
    Last edited by Darkman84; 12-09-2004 at 09:05 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4

Thread Information