Close

**DONOTDELETE**

Default Age of pheromone affects potency???

visit-red-300x50PNG
    A lot of info on pheromones, but nowhere have I read how long the stuff is good for. Can a person who doesn\'t need to use much keep a bottle of pheromone product for a year and it is still as potent as the day it was purchased??? And how about for longer periods. After reading that this stuff shouldn\'t be kept in bright light for long, I realized that this the ingredients can \"break down\". But until what point is it rendered useless???? Does anybody have this info & would like to share it with me? I don\'t want to go and purchase a few different ones and then find out I have wasted my money. Thanks for any info. [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Default Re: Age of pheromone affects potency???

I did read off a link from one of the other threads that natural \'nol oxidizes quickly once released from the apocrine glands and on the skin with bacteria and oxygen. I\'m a bit skeptical of that conclusion but it would suggest either spraying on one\'s clothes or using an oil-base for \'nol products.

The manufacturer\'s formulation will have considerable influence on bottle shelf life since they could use amber bottles, add anti-oxidants, and perhaps other tricks. However, I\'m not at all sure that the suppliers are motivated to pay too much attention to that aspect of product development though. It would be nice to see an expiry date on each bottle.

One could speculate that the end user can extend a bottle\'s useful life by storing it in the refrigerator, cold and away from the light.

For fine perfumes, it is common knowledge that one should buy only small quantities as the more volatile consistuents will escape and others are unstable. I think that\'s good advice for pheromone products too.

Hi,

I used to think they lasted quite a number of years, but I am starting to change my tune. There is some left in the very first bottle of Primal I got a couple of years ago, and it seems to have lost something. I didn\'t do an empirical study on the social effects of course, but if I put it on my wrists, it just doesn\'t seem to smell like much or have much effect on me as the wearer.

Cheers,
    Bruce

**DONOTDELETE**

I also read somewhere (I think it was on that Athena site or in their literature a couple of years ago) that pheros should not be kept in spray bottles or atomizers because the pheros easily \'evaporate\'(?) thru the spray mechanism. It said that pheros should be kept in a tightly closed bottle.

I hope that\'s not true cause I have a few spray bottles in my phero collection!

Latino,

I\'ve seen that on Athena\'s site and consider it to be bullshit.
    If you\'ve got a good atomizer, and keep it capped, evaporation is NOT a problem.
    Sprayer heads DO have to allow for some degree of air exchange or spraying would create a vacuum within the bottle. That\'s why good atomizers come with a cap which should ALWAYS be replaced.
    Perhaps Athena says this due to some problem with THEIR products when used in a spray.

Oscar [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Thread Information