Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Journeyman

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticbhoy
    Thanks

Private. I really want to accept some advice. However, I will try to have fun with a girl, smile, have a laugh,

whatever. It used to work. I find more often than not, they just don't care. Not because I am ugly or anything (I

don't think I am, I have had some beautiful girlfriends, real model types, prettier than most f/ models some of

them)...even though I don't beleive women find this as important as men, but I sense a general apathy these days

towards male advances. Perhaps it's uncool, un PC, anti-equality, blah, in 2004...I don't know...maybe I am behind

the times, I am 28 years old. What do you think/your experiences?
    Well I would say you just meet the wrong

girls. Try to relocate, go out to other places, maybe plan a weekend outside of your town (that usually helps me to

maintaine an open and fresh mind and to think about things).
    I think that could help ... beside that I would say

take it easy ... sometimes i have for months (!!) no hit at all. and then suddently another day, i have 2 girls

running after me, it is about finding the right people. Afterall it is clear that girls have the last word. If they

don't like to, then it will never work, it is like talking to a wall. You can do the first step, talking and beeing

the funniest and most nicestest guy on the world, but if the girl has personal problems, or is not ready or into a

bad mood, then no chance. Better think it is their fault, than yours, if you feel you did everything right. - it

helps to keep in a good mood, for the next girl. if that makes sense to you.
    hope that helps a bit.

Journeyman

Sorry forgot to say that with my

last post ...
    Another thing I noticed is that girls really understand a lot on what is going on into their

enviorment.
    Here is what happend to me :
    There was a girl into the bar ... a 10 out of 10 (really!) and she was

just walking in front of me. Then i was talking to 4-5 girls and I was not interessted into that girls. She noticed

that I am not easy to get, and that i am independend and i do not need any girl, if she is not what I like ... then

she came to me, and was very very interessted into me.
    Sometimes it is good to make yourself rare and not jumping

on each girl, like a dog that had no sex for a year :-)

-private

Private...I believe you are

totally right in your last two posts. Perhaps I should develop your patience, although I could never compromise my

emotions nor my desire/belief to express them. I guess I am not half as mature as I ought to be for my age.
    "Some days will stay a thousand years, some pass like the flash of a spark...who knows where all our days go?"

Belgareth, I

appreciate your opinion, it is valid. However, I am finding it difficult to understand our vastly differing

viewpoints on this comment. What is the point of emotion if not to emote others as well as ourselves?

If I am

mad, my emotion will tell you...words are just words (listen to any politician and you may gather my

idea).
    Celticbhoy,

In my opinion, the end result is what I am after. Showing emotions has it's

place but not by losing control and allowing your emotions to be manipulated by others. How much good did you do

blowing up at this girl? You ended up angry and frustrated, didn't you? How did that benefit you? If it didn't or

if it did harm, why'd you do it? Could be my ego but I am not about to let somebody else get the satisfaction of

seeing their stupid games bother me.

You ask me about the purpose of emotions but it would be better to ask

somebody with a better understanding of psychology or anthropology. The emotions you described began millions of

years ago while our ancestors were still living in trees. In today's world the are often more trouble than help. I

can't speak about bars and such because I don't go to those places. In business, in martial arts and in most

facets of everyday life, letting somebody else manipulate your emotions will almost always cause you trouble. I am

not trying to tell you to be an emotionless automation, I am suggesting that you would be better off if you were the

one controlling when and how others saw your emotions.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Journeyman

Private...I

believe you are totally right in your last two posts. Perhaps I should develop your patience, although I could never

compromise my emotions nor my desire/belief to express them. I guess I am not half as mature as I ought to be for my

age.
    go to a prostitute first, get off, then your mind is clear, and you go around this

"dog-needs-sex-so-bad" syndrome that most of us men have.

Quote Originally Posted by belgareth
    I can't

speak about bars and such because I don't go to those places.
    Good point. Most people who frequent these

places (myself included) have emotional problems. I should try something different.

Quote Originally Posted by private
    Afterall it is

clear that girls have the last word..
    Never a more truthful word said on this forum. Thanks
    "Some days will stay a thousand years, some pass like the flash of a spark...who knows where all our days go?"

P.S, I wanted to donate some

points but I don't seem to be able to. How does this work?

Journeyman

Never a more

truthful word said on this forum. Thanks
    Trying to clear up my mind about all this world.

Every day we get manipulated by the media.
    For example with all this romantic movies ... every thought of this?
    If

there is 1 soul partner for each person on this earth, and we have at the moment 65 Billion people living on this

world.
    And considering that into my city there are 70,000 people living .... then this ends up to be

0,000000000023% of the world population (rounded up to 0% ).
    So why should anyone have the luck to find their

soul partner (considering there is just one true one) in a such small enviorment with a such high amount of

population worldwide (where everyone could be the soul partner)?

-private

0,000000000023% of the world population (rounded up to 0%...
    Wow, that messes with your

head, good maths though. I personally believe there is more than one person for you. Maybe, we just don't know that

yet.

That's insane, but I don't

think that there is only 'one' specific soul mate for every single person alive. I feel that there is a certain

type of person that meshes well with your personality and that almost any person with that personality type given

the right timing could be the 'one.' This is a great theory but seeing as how I have no idea exactly how many

types of personalities are out there its useless...I mean if there is 65billion personalities we're back to square

one; however, if there is only like 10 then I should think chances would be much better than 0.000000000023%

Journeyman

Wow, that

messes with your head, good maths though. I personally believe there is more than one person for you. Maybe, we just

don't know that yet.
    Yes I actually wanted to say that with it, there is not one perfect partner for each

one of us ... around 5-15% of the girls into the search pattern can be the right one.
    This calculations helped me a

bit over my last girlfriend, thinking that there are so many possibilities to still find the right one, that there

is no need to be sad.

Journeyman

##########
    Last edited by Have_Courage; 01-15-2005 at 01:47 PM.

Thanks

:-)
    Trying to clear up my mind about all this world. Every day we get manipulated by the media.
    For example with

all this romantic movies ... every thought of this?
    If there is 1 soul partner for each person on this earth, and

we have at the moment 65 Billion people living on this world.
    And considering that into my city there are 70,000

people living .... then this ends up to be 0,000000000023% of the world population (rounded up to 0% ).
    So

why should anyone have the luck to find their soul partner (considering there is just one true one) in a such small

enviorment with a such high amount of population worldwide (where everyone could be the soul partner)?

-private
    Not 65 billion 6.5 billion.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Journeyman

Not 65 billion

6.5 billion.
    Yes correct, my mistake. well move into my calculations the coma forward by one position and

it is correct ;-)

-private

Danged nit-picky engineering

types anyhow. What's a decimal point anyway?

Thomas Jefferson

Journeyman

Danged

nit-picky engineering types anyhow. What's a decimal point anyway?
    a decimal point can mean nothing or

anything.
    0,12mg -none or 1,2mg -none can make a big difference

a decimal point

can mean nothing or anything.
    0,12mg -none or 1,2mg -none can make a big difference
    I was kidding

after pointing out a minor thing. As an EE I am very aware of the damage an order of magnitude can do in a

calculation. In an electronic device it can easily mean smoke or fire. That's usually pretty hard on your

equipment. I've made that type mistake enough times

Thomas Jefferson

Private...I believe you are totally right in your last two posts. Perhaps I should develop your

patience, although I could never compromise my emotions nor my desire/belief to express them. I guess I am not half

as mature as I ought to be for my age.
    Celtic you don't necessarily need to stay out of bars but

controlling you emotions to the outside is crucial. I am sure you are well are aware of the concept of being the

"alpha male" and you know that it means being confident through words, and body actions but did you realize another

key component is that coolness that shows you never get caught up in emotions. Think of Fonzie from happy days.

Could you ever imagine him not looking cool on the outside even though you know he has emotions too. Just a thought

man.

Cheers Marlboro.

belgareth :magnitude

can be wide with very small numbers take decibels what was the diffrence in W betwene 100db & 101 db ??(alot!)

well for the sole mate : pick a lotery thicket that is just about what is your chance to meet the true love thingy

most ppl just take a bargain so not to spend thiere entire life as singles ... event if it aint love...

Cheers

Marlboro.
    CHEERS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eric_pelletier_tw
    belgareth :magnitude can be wide with very small numbers take decibels what was the

diffrence in W betwene 100db & 101 db ??(alot!)
    well for the sole mate : pick a lotery thicket that is just about

what is your chance to meet the true love thingy most ppl just take a bargain so not to spend thiere entire life as

singles ... event if it aint love...
    I'm aware of that. In the context I used it, it was correct.

Thomas Jefferson

I was kidding

after pointing out a minor thing. As an EE I am very aware of the damage an order of magnitude can do in a

calculation. In an electronic device it can easily mean smoke or fire. That's usually pretty hard on your

equipment. I've made that type mistake enough times
    So you figured out that electronics run on

smoke, too?

Once you let the smoke out, they don't work anymore. Heh.

An analogy could be drawn here,

between blowing your top and letting off steam and smoke and the success one has with women. Acting like a

tempermental toddler, well, lets just say that good looking women are looking for men.

I could

never compromise my emotions nor my desire/belief to express them. I guess I am not half as mature as I ought to be

for my age.
    Aight. I'm no expert on women, but I can tell you that having some restraint is a good idea.

I've may have never been laid, but women like me at least. I know, they tell me.

Flipping out and cussing

down the "hottie" in the bar isn't gonna win you brownie points, with anyone, period. Don't put up with their crap

just because they are pretty. But learn to be a little more... subtle and diabolic about it. Good looking women have

an ego. If they are the bitchy manipulative type that like to cop an attitude, point (yes point at them) throw your

head back, and laugh out loud at them. (mumbling something like "Silly little girl" helps too)Then walk away. Don't

say another word to her. (With the exception of "yes/no" answers.) Trust me, this drives them nuts. They probably

won't chase you, but it WILL bug the shit out of them for the next two weeks at least. The good looking girls that

cop attitudes are almost always insecure. Your flat out rejection of them will bug them.

As already has been

suggested, change your environment. Bars, clubs, and dance halls are about the WORST places to meet people. Everyone

is putting on an act, liquor changes personalities like a lightswitch. Everyone is acting in a way that is not who

they really are as a person.

Try a library, college campus... laundromat even.

Edit: When you want to

really drive home the rejection, look through her. Ie, focus your eyes on something behind her left ear. In fact, if

you want to convey feelings of dominance in anyone, look through them.

Enlightened One

Celticbhoy have you checked out

those NLP links we recommended ie understanding and controlling youre emotions. Balancing youre viewpoitns

etc.

A general point making youreself rare is a useful tip - find something to fill in youre time ie

learning, working out, work, having a life, living or travelling, posting here on LS more often to ramp up interest

and help others lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlboro_man
    Celtic you

don't necessarily need to stay out of bars but controlling you emotions to the outside is crucial. I am sure you

are well are aware of the concept of being the "alpha male" and you know that it means being confident through

words, and body actions but did you realize another key component is that coolness that shows you never get caught

up in emotions. Think of Fonzie from happy days. Could you ever imagine him not looking cool on the outside even

though you know he has emotions too. Just a thought man.
    Cheers, again. That's good advice right there, man.

Celticboy, you are NOT the only one with a hot temper and short fuse. I'm right there with you, although, over the

years, I've noticed my outbursts to be more severe the MORE I try to control or prevent them. I get angry like that

at work sometimes. Happened two weeks ago, almost lost my job. Can't remember if I had mones on that day or not.

Anyways, I feel ya, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher
    A general

point making youreself rare is a useful tip
    Yeah, I think I'll do this for a while. Cool down, give

everyone a chance to see if they feel better or not now that I'm not available. If they prefer I'm not around I'm

sure I'll get the hint eventually and move on. If not, then maybe I'll get a call from somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher
    Celticbhoy have you checked out those NLP links
    I'm gonna do that right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkman84
    Anyways, I feel ya, man.
    Thanks, Darkman.

Enlightened One

As always celticbhoy keep us

informed.

Phero Pharaoh

Quote Originally Posted by Felstorm
    Edit: When you

want to really drive home the rejection, look through her. Ie, focus your eyes on something behind her left ear. In

fact, if you want to convey feelings of dominance in anyone, look through them.
    The most effective means

of asserting dominance is a full frontal stare, right into the eyes. That is why boys naturally have staring

contests. That is why "the first man who blinks, loses" is an old tradition.

This technique makes women feel

EXTREMELY threatened and uncomfortable, and they will usually react to it by withdrawing or exploding (depends on

the woman). It is best left for playing games of dominance with other guys.

Enlightened One

yes though playing the eye game

with women can have its benefits - esp when they have PMS (they usually slap you in th face or calm down) but yes it

is mostly best used on those that engage you in old fashion cockblocking behaviour.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread Information