Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 5

Thread: Body Language

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendly1
    Your knowledge of

phsyiology (bypassing the limbic brain, touching a woman releases oxytocin, women secrete less than men) leaves

something to be desired.

I have read DeAngelo's limbic brain nonsense, and that is all it is. The limbic

system is crucial to governing emotional states. If you could successfully bypass the limbic system, you would

bypass all of a girl's emotional responses. That means, she would not care a thing about what you do and would not

feel any attraction toward you.
    Not sure, but I think his schtick involves communicating directly

with the limbic brain, not bypassing it.
    If a guy's a cocksucker in his life, when he dies, he don't become a saint. - Morris Levy, Hitmen

Holmes' Theme Song

Phero Pharaoh

It looks like Phersurf and I

are mixing up sources, although I was only addressing his comments about bypassing the limbic brain. I have just now

done a quick search on Google for references to stuff like that and apparently they are made on amateur seduction

forums and in pseudo-scientific web articles.

If I said that the limbic brain

can be bypassed, I misspoke. I meant to say that through the correct body language, vocal tonalities, attitudes, and

the actual words that a man says will bypass a women's neocortex and talk directly to her limbic brain.

Don't believe me or and "pseudo-scientific" articles, please, please read (Or don't, I don't care. But your views

are NOT based in science) any of the following books. Much of David D's material comes from these (as well as

modelling men that are naturally good with women).

The Red Queen: Sex and the Evolution of Human

Nature

The Mating Mind : How Sexual Choice Shaped the Evolution of Human Nature

Sperm Wars: The

Science of Sex

The Evolution of Desire: Strategies of Human Mating

Why We Love : The Nature and

Chemistry of Romantic Love

This is a short description of the limbic brain,

Common to all

mammals, it developed about 60 million years ago, after the dinosaurs perished.

It's involved in bonding

needs, including emotions linked to attachment.

It acts as the brain's emotion factory, creating the

chemical messages that connect information into memory.

Retention of information can be significantly

increased when it's presented in an emotionally charged context.

If it is not possible to bypass a woman's

logical brain (neocortex) and stimulate her limbic brain how do you explain the endless stories of women that are

otherwise intelligent, educated, with good jobs taking up with "bad boys", guys that mistreat them (even

physically), cheat on them, etc. It's because these guys, through their attitude and actions, more closely fit the

ancient architype of what a high status alpha male is supposed to be. And no amount of her tying to convince herself

logically that he is bad for her, will break that deep attraction she has for him.

One last thing, David D

does not teach gimics or tricks to seduce women (like Ross Jeffries). Most of his video program is all about the

inner game. Becomming a better man that will eminate the kind of energy and attitude that naturally attracts

women.

If you have any kind of open mind, you'd get his Advanced DVD series and watch it. Then send it back,

it won't cost you a dime and you may actually learn something.

Phero Pharaoh

Quote Originally Posted by phersurf
    If it is not

possible to bypass a woman's logical brain (neocortex) and stimulate her limbic brain how do you explain the

endless stories of women that are otherwise intelligent, educated, with good jobs taking up with "bad boys", guys

that mistreat them (even physically), cheat on them, etc. ...
    Hype and B.S. All these discussions you

read about "bypassing" parts of the brain are nonsense, and nothing more.

You don't bypass anything. You can

(and in your case I'll accept that you have) learn/aquire skills which help you connect with someone of the

opposite sex quickly and easily.

But anyone who talks about bypassing parts of the brain without brain surgery

isn't qualified to be discussing it.

So, my advice to you is, take what works for you, use it, but don't

expose yourself to ridicule or being undercut by repeating all this psychobabble mishmash. You don't need to do

that.

Most people DON'T understand how the human system works and they get through life just fine anyway.

I'll accept that.

But I

still think you should read a couple of those books I listed

I take it back, I don't accept

your statement about BS and hype. Maybe a better way of saying it would be "communicate directly with her limbic

brain" as opposed to "bypass her logical brain"

What do you think happens when you're out somewhere and in

your peripheral vision you see a hot woman and your head almost instantly snaps to look at her? That's your limbic

brain detecting her before your necortex has a chance to say, "she's hot!". You're not logically thinking to

yourself, "she has the right hip to waist ratio, symetrical face, firm breasts, clear skin, I think I'll be

attracted to her". Your limbic brain instinctually knows what an attractive woman looks like.

There are many

studies that show when a man sees images of beautiful women, there is activity in his limbic brain before there is

activity in his neocortex.

Just like our limbic brains know what an attractive woman looks like, a woman's

know's what an attractive man looks (and more importantly to women, acts).

When women take part of the same

studies and are shown images of physically attractive men, there is activity in her limbic brain, only it's much

less than in a man's. Unless they're first told first that the men in the images are in some high status position

in life, then the limbic brain activity is equal to the men's. With men it makes no difference what they are told

about the women before they are shown the images.

When women say they want a man that is confident, funny,

etc do you think they think to themselves, "he's funny, confident, I think I'll be attracted to him". No, their

limbic brain knows that those are attractive attributes.

Phero Enthusiast

Another life of its own! Some women

do not reach decisions logically. It's actually been quantified - they are more natural at deciding based on

feeling (and intuition). Some of these techniques just maximize the appeal to this type of decision and minimize the

other. By showing through actions that you are a confident and desirable man and not a needy wuss - you trigger this

type of decision. Open your mouth and you trigger the logical side - since it thinks in words - step by

step.

You are trying to make her reach a conclusion about you without letting her think about you in words -

it's not bypassing. These two systems work in both men and women - 60% of women would rather use their leaps of

feeling to make a decision and pheromones and any of these techniques appeal to that.

I'm no Brain Surgeon.

but I am somewhat of a Personality Psychologist. PUt that in your pipe and flush it.

Phero Pharaoh

Quote Originally Posted by phersurf
    I take it back,

I don't accept your statement about BS and hype. Maybe a better way of saying it would be "communicate directly

with her limbic brain" as opposed to "bypass her logical brain"
    This discussion really has nothing to do

with body language.

What do you think happens when you're out somewhere and in your peripheral vision

you see a hot woman and your head almost instantly snaps to look at her? That's your limbic brain detecting her

before your necortex has a chance to say, "she's hot!".
    This is nonsense.

There is no such thing as a

"limbic brain". The limbic system is one of four or five sections of that area of the brain called the neocortex.

So, if you COULD bypass the neocortex, you would also be bypassing the limbic system.

You really don't need

to drag this out.

Phero Pharaoh

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist
    I'm no Brain

Surgeon. but I am somewhat of a Personality Psychologist. PUt that in your pipe and flush it.
    I am not a

psychologist or psychiatrist, but I DID study under a physiological psychologist, and I can only imagine what he

would have to say about all this limbic brain stuff.

Phero Dude

don't we have a psych

major/somebody with expertise on the human brain on this forum to settle this?

http://members.aol.com/nonverbal3/limbic.htm

"RESEARCH REPORTS: 1. The limbic system "plays a

key role in the evolutionary survival and eventual success of hominids" (Eccles 1989:97). 2. Regarding nonverbal

behavior, the limbic system's a. amygdalar division promotes feeding, food-search, angry, and defensive behaviors

related to obtaining food; b. septal division promotes sexual pleasure, genital swelling, grooming, courtship, and

maternal behavior; and c. thalamocingulate division promotes play, vocalization (e.g., the separation cry), and

maternal behavior (MacLean 1993). 3. "While the cortex contains our model of reality and analyzes what exists

outside ourselves, it is the limbic brain that determines the salience of that information" (Cytowic 1993:156). 4.

The cerebral cortex "has more inputs from the limbic system than the limbic system has coming from the cortex"

(Cytowic 1993:161). 5. Many emotional systems, in addition to the limbic system, may exist in the brain (LeDoux

1996:103)."

http://www.thebrain.mcgill.ca/flash/..._05_cr_her.htm

The limbic brain emerged in the first mammals. It can record memories of behaviours that produced agreeable

and disagreeable experiences, so it is responsible for what are called emotions in human beings. The main structures

of the limbic brain are the hippocampus, the amygdala, and the hypothalamus. The limbic brain is the seat of the

value judgments that we make, often unconsciously, that exert such a strong influence on our

behaviour.

[url]http://www.glenninstitute.org/glenn/news_reviews_director_bookshelf_details.asp?id=5[/url

]

"Publisher: Vintage Books
    Year Published: 2001

Reviewer: Deborah Merritt
    Affiliation: Glenn

Institute Staff

What’s love got to do with civic engagement? Quite a bit, it turns out. Thomas Lewis, Fari

Amini, and Richard Lannon—all psychiatrists—explain the latest discoveries of brain research in this engaging book

for laymen. Along the way, they illuminate what makes us distinctly human and why we crave community.

Our

human brain encompasses three distinct brains: the reptilian brain, the neocortex, and the limbic brain. The

reptilian brain, which we share with our distant relatives the crocodiles and snakes, regulates heartbeat,

digestion, and other basic life functions. The reptilian brain can also generate instinctive behaviors like mating

and territorial defense. But the reptilian brain supports neither emotion nor cognition.

The neocortex houses

speaking, writing, planning, reasoning, awareness, and will—the functions we most associate with being human.

Indeed, humans boast more neocortex than any other animal; we are justly proud of our thinking skills.

But

Lewis, Amini, and Lannon focus their attention on the mysterious limbic brain, an organ we share with other mammals.

The limbic brain is the seat of emotion, attachment, and play. Mammals, the authors point out “bear their young

live; they nurse, defend, and rear them while they are immature. Mammals, in other words, take care of their own.”

These mammalian characteristics distinguish us as humans as much as our cognitive abilities do. A human, like other

mammals, “will risk and sometimes lose its life to protect a child or mate from attack. A garter snake or a

salamander watches the death of its kin with an unblinking eye.”

The limbic brain doesn’t govern only the

caring of parents, children, and mates; it is the seat of all our social urges—and those are powerful forces. Humans

the world over show identical facial expressions. A smile signals friendliness and joy in Papua New Guinea as well

as New York. These universal expressions, tied to the limbic brain, allow us to communicate with other humans

instantaneously and without conscious thought. Eye contact between two strangers transmits sympathy, hostility,

lust, or other emotions. The limbic brain establishes these positive or negative ties before the neocortex

articulates them.

Humans, moreover, seek social bonds. When in the company of family members, lovers, and

friends, our limbic brains resonate with theirs. This communication stabilizes individuals, improving both emotional

well being and health. For this reason, humans with partners—or even with other mammalian companions like a dog or

cat—outlive humans who are alone.

Lewis, Amini, and Lannon focus their attention on the limbic brain’s

meaning for family relationships and mature love. They also discuss the ways in which therapy can—and

cannot—reprogram brains for healthier relationships. Their insights, however, are also significant for those

concerned with civic relationships.

don't we have a psych

major/somebody with expertise on the human brain on this forum to settle this?
    No one should take any

of our words for it. Just read a couple of these and make up your own mind!

These are all written using the

newest evidence based on more than enough verifiable studies from scientists from all over the world.

Red Queen: Sex and the Evolution of Human Nature by Matt Ridley

The Evolution of Desire: Strategies of Human

Mating by David M. Buss

The Mating Mind : How Sexual Choice Shaped the Evolution of Human Nature by GEOFFREY

MILLER

Anatomy of Love: A Natural History of Mating, Marriage, and Why We Stray by HELEN FISHER

Sperm

Wars: The Science of Sex by Robin Baker

The Evolution of Desire: Strategies of Human Mating by David M.

Buss

The Alchemy of Love and Lust by Theresa L. Crenshaw

Phero Enthusiast

Damn people!

It's all a

bunch of metaphors! Stop it.

The right body language triggers an "emotional" response in her (pheromones make

it a little easier).

Let's start a new thread and call it the Biopsychology of Pheromone Usage in

Seduction: For Dorks Only.

I'm there!

Phero Pharaoh

Damn people!

It's all a bunch of metaphors! Stop it.

The right body language triggers an "emotional" response in her

(pheromones make it a little easier).

Let's start a new thread and call it the Biopsychology of Pheromone

Usage in Seduction: For Dorks Only.

I'm there!
    Well, the sad thing is that someone revived discussion

in this thread to help introduce people to the principles of reading body language and it was hijacked into a

pseudo-science argument.

However, if Phersurf and others who talk about bypassing the limbic brain actually do

start reading up on this stuff (and quoting the names of books ain't reading up on anything), then I suppose some

good will come of it.

I do have a request for the moderators, though. I think it would be more useful to split

off the limbic system discussion to some sort of physiology of attraction thread. I think people will get something

out of the topic if we can separate it from the body language discussion.

Phero Dude

i was reading an article about

mystery and i ran into this:

http://www.elle.com

/article.asp?article_id=5820&section_id=36&page_num ber=1&magind=5790

A HARDWIRED HABIT
    While

Mystery refuses to talk about the psychological underpinnings of his Method, several experts I consult testify to

its soundness. Desmond Morris, the British zoologist and sexuality expert, admits that the Method is a shrewd

compression of the phases of love. “One of the great mistakes men make is not playing all the stages of courtship,”

he says. “It has to be done stage by stage if it's going to work.”

Cornell associate professor of human

development Cynthia Hazan thinks the Method works on a deeper level than even Mystery knows. First of all, she says,

“you knock [the woman] off balance” with the neg, so throughout the next phases “her judgment is impaired. She

becomes focused on getting his attention and approval and getting back into the group.” From the point of view of

evolutionary psychology, she adds, “it's really anxiety-provoking, and humans have a built-in aspect where when

we're anxious we want to get closer to other people.”

The act of negging an attractive woman can even tamper

with her brain chemistry, says Helen Fisher, the author of Why We Love: The Nature and Chemistry of Romantic

Love
    . “When you fall in love with somebody, what's going on in the brain is an elevated activity of dopamine,”

the main arousal chemical, and “the system that motivates you to win a reward,” she explains. “A woman who's a 9 or

a 10 doesn't have to do any work to get a man, so the system usually isn't triggered and she doesn't feel

romantic love. But when someone spurns her, that system will kick in and she'll feel attraction.”

We can't be

blamed for our innate trigger systems, can we? But to be fooled by the crocodile tears of male “vulnerability”? Even

here we're conditioned to respond, Hazan says. “Vulnerability draws us to people—it's clearly a hardwired

characteristic. We have this spontaneous desire to nurture them, to alleviate their distress.

And when the woman

discovers she's been conned? Once people learn the truth, says Fisher, it often doesn't matter: “The thing is,

once you've hooked somebody in, they'll be willing to ignore almost anything.”

That's right Friendly, just

keep calling it psuedo-science. Just blow off several books written by scientists with tons of up to date verifiable

studies quoted with your statement "and quoting the names of books ain't reading up on anything". Don't open your

mind to the possibility that these books prove what I've been saying (poorly, I admit).

AND I NEVER SAID

ANYTHING ABOUT BYPASSING THE LIMBIC BRAIN (if you don't believe me, reread my posts)! I SAID THAT IT'S POSSIBLE TO

BYPASS THE LOGICAL BRAIN (which I admit maybe wasn't the best way to say it)! Having a little reading comprehension

issue, huh? I guess you also missed when I corrected myself by agreeing with you that your not really bypassing the

rational brain but talking directly to the limbic system?

Everyone here talks about the DIHL effect of

mones, you guys haven't seen anything until you use some of David D's "techniques" (they're not really

techniques) on an extremely attractive woman! I've seen looks like you can't believe just by acting normal around

beautiful women and not suplicating.
    Last edited by phersurf; 01-22-2005 at 11:56 AM.

Phero Pharaoh

Phersurf, there is no

physiological thing called a "logical brain", either, but I'll accept that as a metaphor for the system you use.

In the meantime, this discussion has nothing to do with body language, and though you obviously feel it is not

important, many other people seem to be interested in learning more about it so they can reach their own conclusions

without either of us giving them their opinions.

Will you agree to leave well enough alone if I say no more about

limbic anything, pseudo-anything, etc?

When I talk about the logical,

limbic and reptilian brain it refers to various physical parts of the brain that have logical functions. Most

scientists use these same terms.

If you'd read any of the books I listed, I think you might be

enlightened.

When I brought this thread

up from the graves, I was hoping it would spark more conversation on body language (after all that is the title of

this thread). Please focus more on the original topic as debating on why seduction works is not important to this

thread. I do however appreciate and respect your opinions on the topic that you are discussing but just want this

hijacked thread to return to it's original roots.

Phero Pharaoh

Quote Originally Posted by Marlboro_man
    When I

brought this thread up from the graves, I was hoping it would spark more conversation on body language (after all

that is the title of this thread). Please focus more on the original topic as debating on why seduction works is not

important to this thread. I do however appreciate and respect your opinions on the topic that you are discussing but

just want this hijacked thread to return to it's original roots.
    We could always start another body

language discussion, although there is no guarante it won't be hijacked, either.

Body language is intrinsically

important to human behavior.

Phero Enthusiast

Someone who has a sense of humor!

Make them laugh! They're body language will show you that you're in!

Phero Dude

We could always

start another body language discussion, although there is no guarante it won't be hijacked, either.

Body

language is intrinsically important to human behavior.
    body language is essential because no amount of

game will help you if you subcommunicate that you are a wussy. for some people being c&f and knowing other seduction

material self corrects their body language but a person with bad inner game needs to know body language.

but

outside of seduction i like to know body language just to see what's going on in the world.

Phersurf,

Since you chose

to not read my PM, I'll bring it up here. Debate and disagreement are fine. However, keep it civil! There is no

excuse to be insulting.

Friendly,

I was going to stop the off topic discussion until you participated in it.

It's your thread and you decided to carry on the discussion into other areas so I left it there.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Phero Enthusiast

I don't see anybody being

insulting - but then again we all have different senses of humor. However, I agree this forum is going way off

original topic.

Let me state my opinion and try to keep it on topic.

Body language is helpful. No

bones about it. However, most of the books I have read do make me read too much into what is going on and I have

found other things more helpful and advancing my goals - and this is what I beleive people are referring to as the

"inner game". Once I got my inner game focused, the body langauge kind of followed naturally.

People facing

each other completely - or a girl turning towards you and locking eye contact just prior to conversation - while I

am staring right into her eyes. It kind of follows - but whose to say the body language came first - I can't - but

I can sure as hell recognize it when its happening - her body language sort of mirrors mine - but not because I've

forced it - but because she is laughing at the conversation - and often times its poking fun at her.

Perhaps

we should start a thread about the "inner game".

personally, I found that to be the MOST INVALUABLE piece of

the puzzle - or rather - the last piece and everything fell into place.

The difference between what I am now

and what I was a year ago is distinctly different. Girls are actually competing for my time whereas before my phone

was silent. Body Language, pheromones, the inner game - they are all vital components.

We should definately

start a new topic since some of the mods are rightfully getting peeved due to our tangents. I don't see any of

these personal comments as nasty, but then again, I don't take myself so seriously.

Next person who wants to

go on about something besides body language in this forum, start a new topic, and I will gladly join in. I have a

lot to say. Apprently sometimes too much. :-D

I went ahead and start that

new thread and it's simply named body language part 2.

Next person who wants to go on about

something besides body language in this forum, start a new topic, and I will gladly join in. I have a lot to say.

Apprently sometimes too much. :-D
    Please join in and say as much as you want, it will be welcomed.

We could always start another body language discussion, although there is no guarante it won't

be hijacked, either.

Body language is intrinsically important to human behavior.
    Your opinions and

knowledge in this subject are greatly welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by belgareth
    Phersurf,

Since you chose to not read my

PM, I'll bring it up here. Debate and disagreement are fine. However, keep it civil! There is no excuse to be

insulting.

Friendly,

I was going to stop the off topic discussion until you participated in it. It's your

thread and you decided to carry on the discussion into other areas so I left it there.
    Bel that means if the

new thread gets off topic I can ask you to do something about it?

I wasn't intending to be

insulting. I just thought that some might be totally shocked at the latest studies about human mating and evolution

and the books I mentioned have much of that info. For example, 10-20% of all people on the planet have a different

biological father than they think is their biological father. That's because women marry men that they put in their

"provider" catagory, but mate with men they put in their "lover" catagory. These catagories are mapped in her limbic

system (many scientists refer to this logical grouping of brain structures as the "limbic brain").

And I

never said that body language is not important. I just said that if you wait for a woman to show you some positive

signs before you approach, you're drastically decreasing the number of women that you may have a chance with.

Please refer back to all my posts starting on page 3 and you will see that until I was challanged, I was on

topic.

Phero Enthusiast

I got no PMs! But don't send me

one if its not necessary!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlboro_man
    Bel that

means if the new thread gets off topic I can ask you to do something about it?
    Yes, if I miss it, call my

attention to it before it gets out of hand. Oscar and I try to catch these but don't always manage to get every one

of them. Remember that there is a notify mod button that will send us an e-mail too.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 5

Thread Information