Sure, there are nasty, funky no self respect skank ho types which we carefully avoid. The better ones are near

clean freaks, they shower, they soap down. I think there are a whole passel of stereotypes that are mixed up in the

public imagination. In practice there are substantial differences. A good place will have a stack of freshly

laundered towels, fresh sheets, a clean bathroom, listerine mouthwash, pump hand sanitizer. Experienced travellers

will always have their own listerine mouthwash and sanitizer to wipe down with after the festivities. It comes in

cute little bottles. The most important skill you need to develop to play this game is how to suss out the level of

the situation in a blink. A place that shows lack of care for hygeine, is disorderly, reeks of cigarette smoke,

people are rude or demanding, or people that seem druggy, emotionally off base, too hyper or too dazed, spot that

quick and bail out. I have been in situations where I've paid up, then things turned weird, I would walk out

without looking back, forget the money, not worth the grief. After a while you know the ropes, you read the

discussion boards, you know what's clean and what isn't.