Close

Thread: hair salons

Phero Dude

Default hair salons

visit-red-300x50PNG
    are all hair salons pretty

much equal quality wise? can i just go to the nearest one. i've shaved my head for as long as i can remember so

i'm new to this whole styling my hair thing. i want a metro type haircut with that fits my face and brings out my

features. i have a pciture of what i want it's kinda like victoria gotti's sons' haircut.

http://www.aetv.com/growingupgotti/
    i don't want a bad haircut

where i'll shave my head and have to restart the process of growing my hair out again.

guys reading this you

can comment too, but i don't want to go to a barbershop.

Quote Originally Posted by TRock
    are all hair salons

pretty much equal quality wise? can i just go to the nearest one. i've shaved my head for as long as i can remember

so i'm new to this whole styling my hair thing. i want a metro type haircut with that fits my face and brings out

my features. i have a pciture of what i want it's kinda like victoria gotti's sons' haircut.

http://www.aetv.com/growingupgotti/
    i don't want a bad haircut

where i'll shave my head and have to restart the process of growing my hair out again.

guys reading this

you can comment too, but i don't want to go to a barbershop.
    Go to Sally Hershberger. I'm

pretty sure she knows what's in.

It has more to do with the individual hairstylist than the salon. And they

don't have to be expensive (like Sally) to be good.

If you see someone with a hairstyle you like, ask them

who cuts their hair. Word of mouth beats trial-and-error.
    If a guy's a cocksucker in his life, when he dies, he don't become a saint. - Morris Levy, Hitmen

Holmes' Theme Song

Phero Dude

she's located in manhattan, i

don't know who she is but the location reeks of expensiveness. but it really doesn't matter to me unless it's

outrageous. thanks holmes i didn't really think of that, i should make it clear what i want instead being a

stylist's guinea pig.

I was joking about Sally. She

charges something like $600 a cut. (How the hell is any haircut worth that much quid?)

Find a picture of

someone who has the style you're after and bring it with you. Or have a name in mind. (For example, in the past,

I've told people "Tim Robbins" or "Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting" or "Johnny Depp in so-and-so." Don't

think I've ever said "Gimme a Kojak," though...)
    If a guy's a cocksucker in his life, when he dies, he don't become a saint. - Morris Levy, Hitmen

Holmes' Theme Song

Man of La Pancha

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes
    I was joking

about Sally. She charges something like $600 a cut. (How the hell is any haircut worth that much quid?)

Find a

picture of someone who has the style you're after and bring it with you. Or have a name in mind. (For example, in

the past, I've told people "Tim Robbins" or "Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting" or "Johnny Depp in so-and-so."

Don't think I've ever said "Gimme a Kojak," though...)
    I went in once and said, "Give me the Larry

Fine..."

Besides, Holmes, I think it'd be worth $600 if the guy in your avatar asked someone to give him the

"Johnny Depp"---in Edward Scissorhands where he could turn that 'fro into a work of art!

Seriously, though...Holmes gives good ideas. I tried to tell my desired hairstyle to a barber and got the

strangest look. I guess they're into old-fashioned stuff. I've only had one haircut my whole life (for a brief

period I gelled my hair, but it was still the same length and everything as my other style and I went back shortly

after), and as much as I want the look of Tom Cruise in "Top Gun"...I just stick with my short-and-sweet haircut

that will probably work well in the military. To use a bad stereotype (I don't condone it...I swear!), you could

always ask the nearest homo/metrosexual with the suave 'do and ask where he goes...

& Double Naught Spy InternationalPlayboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho1188
    I

tried to tell my desired hairstyle to a barber and got the strangest look. I guess they're into old-fashioned

stuff.
    I haven't been to a barber since I was a teenager, back in the early 1970s.

Barbers

do seem to only know one cut. Though I remember being happy with one military barber ( I was an army brat) who gave

me a great cut. I said to cut it to look like it hadn't been cut. He did a great job, but boy, was my dad pissed.

Because I let my hair grow out a year or two later, I soon started going to a beauty shop to get a razor cut, which

was "in" at the time.

Not only do the women in the salons seem more versatile, but I would rather have a

woman playing with my hair than some guy. Though I guess they do have women barbers now. And I wouldn't have a man

in a salon cut my hair either.

I'm real picky about haircutters. Once I find one I like, I stick with them.

I remind myself of a "Married With Children" episode, where Al bundy's barber died. He went for a year or more

without a haircut because he was afraid of having to break in a new barber.

TRock, I think the best thing to

do is bring in a picture of the hairstyle you want when you go to get it cut.

As for choosing a stylist,

it's either luck of the draw or maybe you could get local recommendations from a friend.

I'm reminded of an

old riddle. There was a small town with two barbers. One had a nice clean shop and a perfect haircut. The other

barber's hair was a mess and his shop was filthy too. Which barber should you go to?

The answer is the

barber with the bad haircut. If there are only two barbers in town, they would have to cut each other's hair.

One word "Flobbie"!

Freedom begins when you tell Mrs. Grundy to go fly a kite.
    --Lazarus Long

Thread Information