Close

Phero Dude

Default EXTREMELY interesting study about men, bars, and "scoring"

visit-red-300x50PNG
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...347701,00.html

A

research group studied behavior of men in bars. After secretly watching and recording behavior for a half hour, they

followed up with the men to gauge their relative success.

"The average of 13 glances at women for successful

men compared with six for the “wallflowers”. Gestures among the successful also included jokingly punching their

male friends, tapping them on the shoulder or elbowing them in the ribs."

"They also made an average of 19

“space maximisation” moves — such as expansive gestures or resting their arms on seats adjacent to the ones on which

they were sitting; the men who flopped made just 10 of these gestures. In addition, the lothario group were more

likely to stand or sit with their legs wide apart and hands on hips."

"The giveaway sign of a man not about

to “score” is his crossed arms and drooped shoulders. He is also the one likely to be prodded or slapped by the

friend who will later leave him at the bar as he chats up a woman."
    Last edited by camusflage; 11-07-2004 at 08:53 PM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetetive electronic music." --Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc., 1989

very interesting but

that's all know stuff [for me at least] 80% to90% of your conversation is in the nonverbal ... & where still

animals so girls still mate the same way see any lions picking on the master lion ? why do you think kids keep

picking on others...

---------------------
    to think of it,i should be picking hehe

Journeyman

Default Alcohol

That propably

explains why some ppl are more successful when they are drunk. Booze makes ppl somewhat more aggressive and makes

them to forget their usual social standing. Few years ago I read about a man who just wanted to test what happens if

he acts more aggressively (read: like jerk) at the bar. He definately got more girls around him.

Enlightened One

of course some Anone in youre

pheromones helps to - not to much that is where perception is helpful though 25% more anone might do the

trick.

Adding chikara helps boost it a slight bit more (at least the gel dual application with perception on

in my limited testing)

But yes the body language etc, glances, touches is more prominent in guys that get

more.

Stranger

If they could just find a

way to keep married guys from cruising the bars for women, and bottle it....

A-None heavy products tend to make

me edgy and anti-social for some reason.

Enlightened One

Hence the idea of singles bars -

keep married men at home and allow just the singles to ge together you might stand a chance

But human nature

as it is.

Ultimately, aren't we all single

deep inside? Marriage is pretty dad burn artificial when you're runnin' through a jungle or a single's bar.
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

Phero Dude

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianInOcala
    If they

could just find a way to keep married guys from cruising the bars for women, and bottle it....
    Maybe if

more women were faithful and true it wouldn't happen so much.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetetive electronic music." --Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc., 1989

King of the coupons!

Quote Originally Posted by camusflage
    Maybe if more

women were faithful and true it wouldn't happen so much.
    OR if they stop taking things for granted, put

forth the effort to keep looking good (no, not getting your hair and nails done), annnnnd continued taking care of

business ... a man wouldn't have the strength to cruise. But this war verbage has been going on for

years, yes?

Had Eve let Adam be, we'd all be okay. But nooooooo, she had to lean against that tree butt assed

naked, waving that damn apple! What real man could resist that!?

P.S. Married women cruise bars,

too.
    Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gegogi
    Ultimately, aren't

we all single deep inside? Marriage is pretty dad burn artificial when you're runnin' through a jungle or a

single's bar.
    Amen Gegogi. Orthodox monogamous marriages in Christendom are lies fed to us by a society

which tries to repress and control the masses by whatever means possible. This is one example. Human beings are by

nature, polyamorous.

Variety is the spice of life. This applies to everything...including interest in the

opposite sex. Why do so many marriages fail? Because they're f/ bored man!

Imagine if you ate tripe for your

dinner every day for 40 years!

Our desire to spread our seed and our ability in terms of willpower to resist the

opposite sex are so vastly unbalanced as to render marriage nothing more than a joke, an unfunny one at that. Humans

should accept this and move on to develop as a species, instead of conforming to prescribed rituals from our

forefathers.

I'm not saying a man and a woman should not co-habitate to bring up a child, of course...they

must for that child's stability. However, there would be less pain in the world if we could accept this about human

nature and embraced it, found a way to accomodate it whilst getting rid of our petty jealousies.
    "Some days will stay a thousand years, some pass like the flash of a spark...who knows where all our days go?"

Thread Information