Close

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    King of the coupons!

Default Protein & Amino Acids

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Does anybody

take/know if taking amino acids with protein has any benefits, or am I just adding more of what's already in the

protein powder? I was thinking the amino acids that has 4 or 6 or 8 amino acids in them, I can't remember what

they're called or how many, but it's not the complete amino line. I was told long ago that taking them was like

eating a steak. ?

I'm weighing 288 now, but for some reason, I've grown a gut ... eating three

times a day, taking 20 grams of Whey + 5 grams of Cell Tech creatine before exercising, 32 grams of protein (MUSCLE

MILK) + 5 grams of glutamine + 5 grams of CellTech creatine immediately after my workout, and three tablespoons of

peanut butter + multivitamin and one B-100 before bed. I'm beginning to think it could be the Muscle Milk,

and wanting to hit 295 without the beer gut would be reallll niiiiiiice.

Any thoughts would be appreciated ...

I've got to do something, 'cause I ain't liking me gut, but I can smell 295!

Thanks for your time.

P.S. I was also told that stress can make you fat ... anyone?
    Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

I heard something about if the amino

acids aren't complete it doesn't help at all. Have you heard of the Bragg liquid amino's? Supposedly they

don't do anythng because of this.

King of the coupons!

Wrong usage of words ... this is

what I was talking about:

Amino Acids:

TRYPTOPHAN,

LYSINE,

METHIONINE,

PHENYLALAINE,

THREONINE,

VALINE,

LEUCINE & ISOLEUCINE, and the

following

Non-Essential Amino Acids:

ARGININE,

TYROSINE,

GLYCINE,

SERINE,

GLUTAMIC ACID,

ASPARTIC ACID,

TAURINE,

CYSTINE,

HISTIDINE,

PROLINE, &

ALANINE.

One type that I said

didn't have all the amino acids that was suppose to be like eating a steak is Amino Acids.

The complete type

which would include the Amino Acids plus the non-essential Amino Acids, in which I heard could make you fat around

the waist.
    Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

Quote Originally Posted by MOBLEYC57
    P.S. I was also

told that stress can make you fat ... anyone?
    Stress------>Elevated

Cortisol------>Estrogen------>Fat.

Or sump'm.
    If a guy's a cocksucker in his life, when he dies, he don't become a saint. - Morris Levy, Hitmen

Holmes' Theme Song

Does

anybody take/know if taking amino acids with protein has any benefits, or am I just adding more of what's already

in the protein powder? I was thinking the amino acids that has 4 or 6 or 8 amino acids in them, I can't remember

what they're called or how many, but it's not the complete amino line. I was told long ago that taking them was

like eating a steak. ?

I'm weighing 288 now, but for some reason, I've grown a gut ... eating

three times a day, taking 20 grams of Whey + 5 grams of Cell Tech creatine before exercising, 32 grams of protein

(MUSCLE MILK) + 5 grams of glutamine + 5 grams of CellTech creatine immediately after my workout, and three

tablespoons of peanut butter + multivitamin and one B-100 before bed. I'm beginning to think it could be

the Muscle Milk, and wanting to hit 295 without the beer gut would be reallll niiiiiiice.

Any thoughts would be

appreciated ... I've got to do something, 'cause I ain't liking me gut, but I can smell 295!

Thanks

for your time.

P.S. I was also told that stress can make you fat ... anyone?
    First

off you P.S. Holmes was pretty close with that... though Estrogen doesnt store fat around your Gut... Cortisol

itself causes fat storage around the Organs... the worst kind... This is called VAT fat... for this try Absolved by

Avant Labs. or any other 7-OXO product.

As for the Aminos... these will not add fat... you can never have to

many amino acids.. keep taking them. But the only things I see that can be hurting you is 1)the amount of sugar you

are consuming... drop the cell tech (Nothing but WAY TO MUCH SUGAR, and a little creatine), instead just buy the

basic Creatine Monohydrate... make sure its Micronized... will be completely tasteless.... also Muscle Milk has alot

of sugar... so only take Post workout once a day... but dont drop it... cause Muscle Milk is great for building

muscle... Im a strong believer in Colostrom (If you live by a dairy try getting the original stuff) also MM helps

cut fat. and 3 table spoons of PB... I would only add 2 to my shake... and make sure it is NATURAL PB... otherwise

it loses TONS of nutrients, and adds a whole shit load of sugar.

And anyone who is into building like it sounds

you are... Dont forget to add 1/2 cups of oats to each shake... Will keep you looking your best... trust me.

If

you need anything else.... Just ask.

Adams

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982
    First off you

P.S. Holmes was pretty close with that... though Estrogen doesnt store fat around your Gut... Cortisol itself

causes fat storage around the Organs... the worst kind... This is called VAT fat... for this try Absolved by Avant

Labs. or any other 7-OXO product.
    Adams,

Does Absolved have caffeine in it?

I've been

using Lipo-Ultra for two weeks and can't deal with the jitters...

Thanks.
    If a guy's a cocksucker in his life, when he dies, he don't become a saint. - Morris Levy, Hitmen

Holmes' Theme Song

And anyone who

is into building like it sounds you are... Dont forget to add 1/2 cups of oats to each shake... Will keep you

looking your best... trust me.
    Oats? Why?

Holmes' Theme Song

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes
    Adams,

Does Absolved have caffeine in it?

I've been using Lipo-Ultra for two weeks and

can't deal with the jitters...

Thanks.
    No absolved doesnt have Caffine... the most likely

thing causing the jitters is Yohimbe in the Lipo... cause it absorbes for readily into the bloodstream... topical

caffine tends to stay Subcuntanious (sp?)

Oats is a GREAT source of complex carbs... the type that wont cause

the dreaded insulin spike that starts the retenion of fat... not only that... but the fiber content will keep you

looking your leanest... cause high fiber diets strips away fat quite nicely... one of the lost concepts in todays

diets.

If you throw in about a cup of oats a day into your diet... I can gaurentee you energy through out the

day... and you will feel alot better, due to toxins being scrubbed through your body... And dont try just using a

fiber subsitute either... they are no where near the same... Oats has both insouable and soluable fiber..... both

doing their scrubbing.

Couple all that with the Raising of HDL, and lowering of LDL Cholesterol, and you have

one of the great "Not so secret" body building weapons.

Adams

King of the coupons!

First off you

P.S. Holmes was pretty close with that... though Estrogen doesnt store fat around your Gut... Cortisol itself causes

fat storage around the Organs... the worst kind... This is called VAT fat... for this try Absolved by Avant Labs. or

any other 7-OXO product.

As for the Aminos... these will not add fat... you can never have to many amino acids..

keep taking them. But the only things I see that can be hurting you is 1)the amount of sugar you are consuming...

drop the cell tech (Nothing but WAY TO MUCH SUGAR, and a little creatine), instead just buy the basic Creatine

Monohydrate... make sure its Micronized... will be completely tasteless.... also Muscle Milk has alot of sugar... so

only take Post workout once a day... but dont drop it... cause Muscle Milk is great for building muscle... Im a

strong believer in Colostrom (If you live by a dairy try getting the original stuff) also MM helps cut fat. and 3

table spoons of PB... I would only add 2 to my shake... and make sure it is NATURAL PB... otherwise it loses TONS of

nutrients, and adds a whole shit load of sugar.

And anyone who is into building like it sounds you are... Dont

forget to add 1/2 cups of oats to each shake... Will keep you looking your best... trust me.

If you need

anything else.... Just ask.

Adams
    GeezWeez! Thanks for all your knowledge, Signor Adams!

No, not into bodybuilding, but enjoy keeping up the maintenance due to all kinds of body problems. Lifting keeps

me from hurting so much.

Again, a million thanks!

King of the coupons!

Dont forget

to add 1/2 cups of oats to each shake... Will keep you looking your best... trust me.

If you need anything

else.... Just ask.

Adams
    Signor Adams ... more ... what's up with oats, and oats in what form

would blend in with a shake?

Oats are highly nutritious and filled with cholesterol-fighting

soluble fiber.

Thanks!

Just read a couple post up

about what is up with them.. .but as for me.. I just blend quaker oats into my shake (A nice blender is Key to

anyone looking for a great physique)... it makes the shake a little gritty (Not to bad if you have one of the top

of the line blenders though). Its great for your health period... and really benefits recomposistion of the body.

Your body just starts to feel cleaner (Plus All the protien shakes all day sometimes seems to start backing up

things

Adams

King of the coupons!

Just read a

couple post up about what is up with them.. .but as for me.. I just blend quaker oats into my shake (A nice blender

is Key to anyone looking for a great physique)... it makes the shake a little gritty (Not to bad if you have one of

the top of the line blenders though). Its great for your health period... and really benefits recomposistion of the

body. Your body just starts to feel cleaner (Plus All the protien shakes all day sometimes seems to start backing up

things

Adams
    GeezWeez! Don't know how , but I missed that post!

Quaker oats

it tis! Thanks, Signor Adams!

King of the coupons!

Forgot to ask ... 1/2 cup into

every shake ... 4 shakes is my daily, so 4 times a day, and is that not too much oats?

How many shakes

do you drop a day, if I may?

Again ... thanks!

Forgot to

ask ... 1/2 cup into every shake ... 4 shakes is my daily, so 4 times a day, and is that not too much oats?

How many shakes do you drop a day, if I may?

Again ... thanks!
    No thats not to much

oats... will fill you up through out the day. depending on your hunger and what not... or if a meal is coming up...

you might just want to add 1/4 cup a shake... but youll have to be the judge of that.

Me it all depends on how

my day is... if I miss breakfast say... That is going to be 1.5 servings of muscle milk (To replace my 7 hardboiled

eggs... whites only of course). I have 2 during mid meal (Between Breakfast, and lunch... and between lunch and

dinner).... then I have another muscle milk right after workout... which I workout right after dinner. (Not the

best time for a work out... but being deployed into this environment... I do what I can)

Adams

King of the coupons!

No thats not

to much oats... will fill you up through out the day. depending on your hunger and what not... or if a meal is

coming up... you might just want to add 1/4 cup a shake... but youll have to be the judge of that.

Me it all

depends on how my day is... if I miss breakfast say... That is going to be 1.5 servings of muscle milk (To replace

my 7 hardboiled eggs... whites only of course). I have 2 during mid meal (Between Breakfast, and lunch... and

between lunch and dinner).... then I have another muscle milk right after workout... which I workout right after

dinner. (Not the best time for a work out... but being deployed into this environment... I do what I can)

Adams
    So you're saying you take 3 shakes per day, 4 if you miss breakfast ( 7 egg whites!? I may

need to change my diet!), and you kinda sorta eat 3 good meals per day? Have you put on quality size since you've

been doing this? Is Muscle Milk your only powedered protein source?

Sorry, but my quest for knowledge when it

comes to maintenance of the body, is priority as I age.

Yes, being deployed into an hostile

environment will have you doing what you can, and not what you want/really need to be doing. Just make sure you

become friends with all the cooks, and the people in personnel.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts,

Adam!

So you're

saying you take 3 shakes per day, 4 if you miss breakfast ( 7 egg whites!? I may need to change my diet!),

and you kinda sorta eat 3 good meals per day? Have you put on quality size since you've been doing this? Is Muscle

Milk your only powedered protein source?

Sorry, but my quest for knowledge when it comes to maintenance of the

body, is priority as I age.

Yes, being deployed into an hostile environment will have you doing

what you can, and not what you want/really need to be doing. Just make sure you become friends with all the

cooks, and the people in personnel.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Adam!
    Yes 3 meals a

day (Because Chow hall is only open 3 times a day)... I have put on nothing but quality size... and muscle milk is

slowly turning into my only protien source... but it does include quite a bit of sugar... so sometimes I just do

pure whey... depends on my hungar factor... cause muscle milk fills me up pretty well. and also if its close to bed

time... cause muscle milk has a lasting protien in it as well... good for night time... whey is metabolized in about

2.5 - 3 hours... Casien it takes about 7... so better for that sleeping fasting period.

I intake 6 sources a

fuel a day... but only 3 of them are meals... I wish that was different.

Oh most definately 7 egg whites... all

good B vitamins, and great source of protien... without the saturated fats of the Yolks.

Oh Im ALWAYS happy to

share anything I know about fitness... its one of my life loves... and love discussing it.

Adams

Actually this is a response

to Holmes Private Message... but his box is full.. so Im going to post it here.

My Routine

I have a 4 day

split

1st - Chest/Tri's
    2nd - Shoulders
    3rd - Legs
    4th - Back/Bi's
    5th - Rest
    Repeat

Cardio and Abs

in rotation every other day.

And forearms whenever I feel like it.

Adams

Thanks Adams!

<<Any thoughts would be

appreciated ... I've got to do something, 'cause I ain't liking me gut, but I can smell 295!>>

Mobley you

complete wuss! Any man worth his salt would be three bills. Don't sell yourself short on 295 man! I mean,

really. 295 sounds tiny. 300? That's mansized!

<<P.S. I was also told that stress can make you fat ...

anyone?>>

I know I stripped off about 30 pounds during the course of about a month and a half in what I would

consider my most stressful period of my life. People probably deal with stress differently. I didn't eat. Some

people might overeat.

Now listening to: Shostakovich's Symphony No. 9

King of the coupons!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacogoo
    <<Any thoughts

would be appreciated ... I've got to do something, 'cause I ain't liking me gut, but I can smell 295!>>

Mobley you complete wuss! Any man worth his salt would be three bills. Don't sell yourself short on 295 man! I

mean, really. 295 sounds tiny. 300? That's mansized!

<<P.S. I was also told that stress can make you fat ...

anyone?>>

I know I stripped off about 30 pounds during the course of about a month and a half in what I would

consider my most stressful period of my life. People probably deal with stress differently. I didn't eat. Some

people might overeat.

Now listening to: Shostakovich's Symphony No. 9
    Sagoo ... WUSS R US! If

I get 295 and it's acceptable to me (without the beer holder), 300 is next on the menu.

The

stress came from Accounting ... I dropped it three weeks ago!

Adams, I was doing a similar split, except I took

Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday off. Now I'm working on POF, but I working 5 straight days. Each month, a new body

part gets worked twice a week ... like this month is BACK & BICEP month, so back and bis get worked Monday and

Friday ... next month it will be SHOULDER & TRAPS month, etc. etc.

Annnnd, I got my Quaker Oats today ...

tomorrow's breakfast 1 8 oz. low fat blueberry yogurt, one banana, 1/2 cup of oats, in 3 cups of water.

Thanks again for the idea.

Stranger

I think Muscle Milk is the

best stuff ever. Cell tech has too much sugar as noted. Plus remember that Musce Milk HAS Creatine already. I think

if you just use Muscle Milk everyday you'll gain muscle and get leaner. This stuff works great for me, plus the gym

I work out at sells for $20.00 somehow. I think its an error in their pricing system because I know the wholesale

price for MuscleMilk is like $18.00!

Quote Originally Posted by vette8113
    I think

Muscle Milk is the best stuff ever. Cell tech has too much sugar as noted. Plus remember that Musce Milk HAS

Creatine already. I think if you just use Muscle Milk everyday you'll gain muscle and get leaner. This stuff works

great for me, plus the gym I work out at sells for $20.00 somehow. I think its an error in their pricing system

because I know the wholesale price for MuscleMilk is like $18.00!
    Thats a sharp price, for not being from

the internet.

Though dont stop your creatine... Muscle Milk has a creatine preanaloge. Really just helps the

body use creatine from meats more more efficiently.

Adams

Protein and Amino Acids alone will

produce results, but its up to you whether or not you see those results. If you PM me with your goals and current

stats(height, weight, age), I can recommend the right courses to take to progress towards your goals.

You

don't need a whole bunch of different supplements and shit to begin with. Just stick to the basics until you

plateau are just are not seeing any gains. And even when your not seeing any gains, most of the time its because YOU

are doing something wrong in your training or recuperation.

Whey Protein, a solid Multi-Vitamin, Creatine

Monohydrate(or tri-creatine malate), amino acids/BCAAs(if not included in your protein shake), a proper diet, and

water is all you need to get REAL gains. If you have further questions or comments drop me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sito
    Protein and

Amino Acids alone will produce results, but its up to you whether or not you see those results. If you PM me with

your goals and current stats(height, weight, age), I can recommend the right courses to take to progress towards

your goals.

You don't need a whole bunch of different supplements and shit to begin with. Just stick to the

basics until you plateau are just are not seeing any gains. And even when your not seeing any gains, most of the

time its because YOU are doing something wrong in your training or recuperation.

Whey Protein, a solid

Multi-Vitamin, Creatine Monohydrate(or tri-creatine malate), amino acids/BCAAs(if not included in your protein

shake), a proper diet, and water is all you need to get REAL gains. If you have further questions or comments drop

me a PM.
    Where exactly did someone suggest a whole bunch of different supplements??? And why did you

capitalize REAL gains??? because I do use quite a few different supplements... therefore are mine not real???

Adams

Where exactly did

someone suggest a whole bunch of different supplements??? And why did you capitalize REAL gains??? because I do

use quite a few different supplements... therefore are mine not real???

Adams
    I wasn't

implying that anyone in the thread mentioned different supplements. I'm just voicing my opinion because usually in

threads like this one; someone brings up some supplement(s) that are not needed and make outlandish claims of their

gains on it.

When I said real gains I was refering once again to people who might bring up some supplement

that is really not needed to see the same gains that you can get from just sticking to the most basic (and less

expensive) supplements. However, many times people who experience gains on some supplement that really isn't need,

lose the whatever gains or effects they experienced from that product in time. I know this from personal experience

because I have had my fair share of supplements that were not "essential", and I always lost whatever gains I got

from it in the long run. This actually applies to Creatine as well, but Creatine is something that can be found in

our own diet so in a away its an essential supplement.

I'm not saying the supplements you use are crap. I

was directing my entire post to the cat who started the thread looking for information regarding what to take. There

are tons of scams out there and products that make false claims. I was just trying to infer to it in my original

post rather than blurting it out like I just did.

If I offended you or the supplements you use I apologize.

I wasn't

implying that anyone in the thread mentioned different supplements. I'm just voicing my opinion because usually in

threads like this one; someone brings up some supplement(s) that are not needed and make outlandish claims of their

gains on it.

When I said real gains I was refering once again to people who might bring up some supplement that

is really not needed to see the same gains that you can get from just sticking to the most basic (and less

expensive) supplements. However, many times people who experience gains on some supplement that really isn't need,

lose the whatever gains or effects they experienced from that product in time. I know this from personal experience

because I have had my fair share of supplements that were not "essential", and I always lost whatever gains I got

from it in the long run. This actually applies to Creatine as well, but Creatine is something that can be found in

our own diet so in a away its an essential supplement.

I'm not saying the supplements you use are crap. I was

directing my entire post to the cat who started the thread looking for information regarding what to take. There are

tons of scams out there and products that make false claims. I was just trying to infer to it in my original post

rather than blurting it out like I just did.

If I offended you or the supplements you use I apologize.

No offense taken... I just tend to let my thoughts fly. You make some good points... about the only thing I dont

agree with is your creatine thoughts... Yes I do agree when you come off of it you do loose some weight... but all

that you loose is the water you were retaining from it... quite a bit of quality muscle will retain through... and

yes we do get some creatine through our diet... but not near enough to show the results you want (From creatine at

least)... and plus you miss that glorius energy that tends to just throw up the weight for you

Adams

Well I found that using other

creatine products like TriCreatine Malate causes permanent results and no water retention. The best one I've used

was Swole V.2 by Syntrax. The Tricreatine is also absorbed more efficiently when compared to regular monohydrate

plus there is no loading phase.

I lost whatever gains I had on creatine monohydrate once I stopped using it.

But with other creatine products like Swole V.2, I maintained those results to this day.

Well I found

that using other creatine products like TriCreatine Malate causes permanent results and no water retention. The best

one I've used was Swole V.2 by Syntrax. The Tricreatine is also absorbed more efficiently when compared to regular

monohydrate plus there is no loading phase.

I lost whatever gains I had on creatine monohydrate once I stopped

using it. But with other creatine products like Swole V.2, I maintained those results to this day.
    Well

they are exactly the same thing, just different carrier... but that aside... if you like TriCreatine... then try the

designer creatine "Creatine Ethyl Ester"... very effective form of creatine.

Adams

Yea I already bought some but I'm

not starting any supplements until I head back home in December. I saw serious gains without ANY supplements while

I've been away at college. Just been eating right, lifting everyday, and sleeping. I'm starting to believe that

while I was taking supplements they was actually holding me back.

Journeyman

Dont forget

to add 1/2 cups of oats to each shake... Will keep you looking your best... trust me.

Adams
    I highly

agree with you on this one as I always add oats to my smoothies/shakes. Oatmeal has been found to reduce

cholesterol, boost energy and sex drive, maintain blood sugar levels, fight: heart disease, obesity, colon

cancer, & diabetes among other things.

Never can have too much fiber, complex carbohydrates are a plus too. I

recommend unflavored, unsweetened (don't need any added sugar), Instant Oatmeal.

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information