Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    King of the coupons!

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Back to my Quaker Oats ... Is it

a good idea to add oats to my post workout protein shake, being that the body sucks up anything I put in there

within 45 minutes after my workout?

Most appreciative!
    Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

Journeyman

Yeah, I would definitely add oats to you post workout shake. It's probably a good idea to add oats to any of your

shakes. You would benefit with oats in you pre workout shake as it would give you an energy boost. Lesson, just

add oats to whatever you can whenever you can

King of the coupons!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLJS
    Yeah, I would

definitely add oats to you post workout shake. It's probably a good idea to add oats to any

of your shakes. You would benefit with oats in you pre workout shake as it would give you an energy boost. Lesson,

just add oats to whatever you can whenever you can
    I try to get at least 4 to 5 shakes a day, and

three good meals ... so, you're saying that I should add a cup of oats to ALL of my shakes? I was also

told that I shouldn't put'em in the shake before heading to bed because it will add fat ... any thoughts on that?

Thanks fer yer advice!
    Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

Phero Pro

Oats, tuna, chicken,

turkey, milk, fruit (lots of them), vegetables (lots of them), rice, beans, LOADS OF WATER, etc etc... they should

be a part of your diet, everyday!

Also, anyone who does bodybuilding should supplement with whey protein (morning

and post-workout) and essential fatty acids (omega 3 supplements, like fish oil capsules). Before going to bed, a

casein shake would be better than a whey protein shake, because of its (casein) slower digestion... but if you can

only afford one protein supplement, stick with weight, it's the best!

About creatine, it is sometimes

associated with some side effects (even if minimal) like bloating, stomach upset, ACNE... but usually if you use one

of the advanced creatines you won't have those problems. Creatine ethyl ester is said to be EXCELLENT (I never used

it, but I will order it soon). In fact, the www.bodybuilding.com customer

service told me it was supposed to be the best creatine product they have.

About SAN V12 or Swole v2... they are

not pure creatine products, thus I would prefer not to use them before trying creatine ethyl ester. However, they

(V12 and swole) have a huge reputation.

Phero Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MOBLEYC57
    I try to

get at least 4 to 5 shakes a day, and three good meals ... so, you're saying that I should add a cup of oats to ALL

of my shakes? I was also told that I shouldn't put'em in the shake before heading to bed because it will

add fat ... any thoughts on that?

Thanks fer yer advice!
    I wouldn't go hard on the

carbs before going to bed. They are a must pre or post-workout but there is no need to take them at night time.

Stick with protein solo.

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by ToBeOrNotToBe
    I

wouldn't go hard on the carbs before going to bed. They are a must pre or post-workout but there is no need to take

them at night time. Stick with protein solo.
    Yeah, during the day is fine, but I wouldn't take them at

night either.

King of the coupons!

Yeah, during the

day is fine, but I wouldn't take them at night either.
    I wouldn't take them at night ... You mean at

bed time, right?

P.S. Creatine ethyl ester, SAN V12, or Swole v2 ... any users of either? Your

thoughts please, for I'm on the market for something other than sugar loaded CellTech.

Thanks fer all

ya help ... everyone.
    Last edited by MOBLEYC57; 12-01-2004 at 08:08 PM.

Journeyman

I wouldn't

take them at night
    ... You mean at bed time, right?

Thanks fer all ya help ... everyone.

Right, BEDTIME, thanks for clearing that up.

[i]
    P.S.

Creatine ethyl ester, SAN V12, or Swole v2 ... any users of either? Your thoughts please, for I'm on the market for

something other than sugar loaded CellTech.

Thanks fer all ya help ... everyone.

Either one of those Creatine products will suffice. I have used SAN V12 and I wasn't THAT

impressed with it. V12 also tastes way too sweet and makes you gag. Swole V2 on the other hand has all the benefits

of V12 (Plus more) and it taste pretty good.

I haven't tried the CEE yet, but I bought some and I'm

waiting till I go home next Tuesday to start taking it. I'll report back with results.

But I would choose V2

over V12. I saw good strength gains on it. Didn't notice a significant increase in muscle size or vascularity, but

thats cuz I'm already big and have vascularity. If your lacking in certain areas you will see differences while on

V2. The strength increases were nice though. I was finally able to squat 490 for 13 reps while I was taking it.

King of the coupons!

Thanks for the info,

Sito! The guy at the store, in which is a bodybuilder, talked me into buying NO EXPLODE. I'll give it a

good run, and if I feel nothing, I'll switch over to V2 as a creatine source. Who makes it? One thing for

sure, every since I've given up CellTech, my stomach has slowed in growth. Thank GOD!!!!

Now if I could

only figure out a way to build up my legs without doing squats or leg presses, I'd be in business.

Anyone know the real deal on Omega 3 fatty acids ... am I really missing something here?

Thanks!

Mobley,

V12's made by SAN.

Great stuff! Would be interested to know how it works for you. Ditto on the NO Explode.

Now if I could

only figure out a way to build up my legs without doing squats or leg presses
    Same here.

King of the coupons!

Quote Originally Posted by Holmes
    Mobley,

V12's

made by SAN. Great stuff! Would be interested to know how it works for you. Ditto on the NO Explode.

Same

here.
    Don't know, Signor Holmes ... This NO Explode has me feeling kind of tight and Hulkish!

Journeyman

Thanks

for the info, Sito! The guy at the store, in which is a bodybuilder, talked me into buying NO EXPLODE.

I'll give it a good run, and if I feel nothing, I'll switch over to V2 as a creatine source. Who makes it?

One thing for sure, every since I've given up CellTech, my stomach has slowed in growth. Thank GOD!!!!

Now if I could only figure out a way to build up my legs without doing squats or leg presses, I'd be in business.

Anyone know the real deal on Omega 3 fatty acids ... am I really missing something here?

Thanks!
    What do you want to know about Omega-3's Mobley? Just about everything about them is

beneficial. Add some Whole Raw Flaxseed to a protein shake and that should do the trick. Feel free to ask any

questions.

King of the coupons!

What do you want

to know about Omega-3's Mobley? Just about everything about them is beneficial. Add some Whole Raw Flaxseed to a

protein shake and that should do the trick. Feel free to ask any questions.
    Omega and Flaxseed are the same?

I've never taken any of the two, but I keep seeing them in the mags. Are there any benefits as for growth? Do you

take them? Annnd are the really necessary?

Thanks, J!
    Last edited by MOBLEYC57; 12-04-2004 at 07:01 AM.

Omega and Flaxseed

are the same? I've never taken any of the two, but I keep seeing them in the mags. Are there any benefits as for

growth? Do you take them? Annnd are the really necessary?

Thanks, J!
    They don't

do a whole lot for muscle growth but they support bodily functions very well. Plus they help while your dieting or

cutting. Worth the pickup though.

The Omega is an EFA (essential fatty acid) and they offer a lot of other

benefits aside from muscle support. Check this link for more info:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/efa.html

Flax seed on the other hand does offer some help for

ya muscles. They are a good source for fiber and protein and offer other health benefits:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/flax.html

And I heard about that NO Xplode stuff but I stay away

from BSN products after I wasted money buying Nitrix and having to swallow 12 horse pills a day. But I hope it works

for you. Keep the Swole V2 in mind though, its cheaper and you get solid results from it.

Journeyman

Omega and

Flaxseed are the same? I've never taken any of the two, but I keep seeing them in the mags. Are there any benefits

as for growth? Do you take them? Annnd are the really necessary?

Thanks, J!
    Flaxseed has

Omega-3's in them. Omega-3's are fatty acids that we don't get nearly enough of and really have too many

benefits to list here. As was mentioned, Flaxseed is really high in Fiber and has a good amount of protein in them,

so they will help build muscle as well as keep your body healthy. Here are a few links to info involving

Omega-3's. I don't think people realize how important they are and you really should incorporate them into your

diet somehow.

http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refsh

elf/substances_view/1,1525,992,00.html

http://www.t-nat

ion.com/readTopic.do?id=461093

http://www.t-nation.com/

readTopic.do?id=460668

Read up, there is so much more, just type in "omega-3 benefits" in google and you

will have more than enough to read. It has more to do with health & weight loss then it does muscle building, but

then again doesn't health, weight loss, adn muscle building all go together?

King of the coupons!

As much as I search the net, it

didn't even come to mind to do a search and read, go figure.

Sorry, and thanks!

But

... wouldn't flaxseed oil and oats pretty much be doing the same thing?

This NO Explode

has me feeling kind of tight and Hulkish!
    Any bloating with the NO Explode?

King of the coupons!

Any bloating with

the NO Explode?
    NADA!

One of the guys I bounce with, Friday, said that I was looking cut. The

only changes I see is my stomach muscles are more visible (I haven't been working my gut), and I feel hard all the

time ... like a serious pump. Hmmmmmmm It's the 2 scoops an hour before working out of NO Eplode, or the

two servings of Oats in two of my 3 protein shakes, or the combo of the two! People have actually been stopping me

to either compliment me, or to ask how much do I bench, a lot more than normal lately, so something's working well!

If V12 is better than NO Explode, and I'm thinking NOE is better because of the Arginine, I'd be

full blown! My gold for the summer, be it God's will, is eye-catching shoulders and forearms, and I think I'm

going to make it if NOE is doing what I feel it's doing!

I just ordered some.

Thank you sir!

King of the coupons!

I just ordered

some. Thank you sir!
    NO Explode?

Just read the label ... there is no

Arginine in there, unless they've hidden it in one of their technical names. Sorry, my bad. But, the stuff is

OUTSTANDING!

Yup, NO Xplode. I got the orange

flavor - hope it's palatable.

Besides feeling "tight and hulkish," any side-effects (it being a vasodilator

and all...)?

Has it made you hyper, caused insomia, improved cognitive function, etc. etc.? Did you actually

rip thru your jeans and turn green?

And when/how much do you use (if different than recommended

dosage)?

Danke (mucho mucho)!

Journeyman

As much as I

search the net, it didn't even come to mind to do a search and read, go figure.

Sorry, and thanks!

But ... wouldn't flaxseed oil and oats pretty much be doing the same thing?
    Yes

and no. Flaxseed and oats both have good amounts of protein and fiber. But the Flaxseed contains Omega-3 fatty

acids, which oats do not. There is a whole bunch of advantages with Omega-3's...once again too many to list here.

You could add some of both (as I do) to your protein shake. Also, if you buy the Flaxseed in it's actual seed form

then don't forget to grind them in a coffee grinder or some other way, as the body won't absorb much of it's

benefits in seed form.

Journeyman

NADA!

One of the guys I bounce with, Friday, said that I was looking cut. The only changes I see is my

stomach muscles are more visible (I haven't been working my gut), and I feel hard all the time ... like a serious

pump. Hmmmmmmm It's the 2 scoops an hour before working out of NO Eplode, or the two servings of Oats in

two of my 3 protein shakes, or the combo of the two!
    I'm not experienced with the No Explode, but I do

know that oats have a very powerful fat burning effect (fiber & protein) along with their muscle building qualities

and could be credited to your newly found abs. By no means am I referring to you when I say this but most people

don't realize that they have a "6-pack" because they have too much fat covering up the muscles. I am just trying

to say that if you lost more fat (oats?) arounf your gut you would surely notice a more "ripped" effect.

King of the coupons!

Signor Holmes -

Yes, the

orange flavor is palatable. It’s kind of like the fizz fizz stuff. I put 2 scoops in about a cup of water,

let it fizz, stir it real good, then add more water and stir, and drink it an hour before working out. I don’t know

how to describe how I feel, really, in the gym I feel winded, like I’ve ran 2 miles, but I just want to/and can

continue working out. I feel hard on my days off ... what a pump! Today, I walk into my Spanish class, this young

lady acting very excited, goes, "What gym do you go to!? You just seem to be getting bigger and bigger!" In the same

class, there’s a young fella, 21, I call him double wide ... that’s how big he looks to me ... anyway, he says, "I

feel small next to you." Woah! To me I’m not as big as he is, but I know my arms are bigger than his. I feel like

I'm losing all control, and "when I feel like I'm losing all control ... I like it." No, I didn’t turn

green and rip through my pants, but I’m ripping through my clinging shirts. I HAVE NEVER FELT THE WAY I FEEL SINCE

I’VE BEEN TAKING NO EXPLODE! NEVER!

Thanks Jason! I bought the Omega-3 caps.

Thanks a bunch for

everyone's help!

NO Explode?

Just read the label ... there is no Arginine in there, unless they've hidden it in one of their

technical names. Sorry, my bad. But, the stuff is OUTSTANDING!
    NO2 is Arginine and it is

in NO-Xplode. Thats why you feel or look big. NO2 never worked for me so thats why I stay away from products

containing it.

Is it me or does this stuff

really wind ya up?

Funny the directions call for scoops (who in the blazes could handle

three?) and not snorts.

King of the coupons!

Is it me or does

this stuff really wind ya up?

Funny the directions call for scoops (who in the blazes could handle

three?) and not snorts.
    Sounds like you're a little impressed, Signor Holmes? Welcome

to the world of NO EXPLODE! I started with three scoops and ended up staying in the gym for TWO

HARD WORKING HOURS, and still felt I hadn't done enough! Had I not looked at my watch! 190 minutes is suppose to be

the max time before your natural test starts to drop. I back down to two scoops quickly, and I've been impressed

every since!

I'd be interested to know what you feel like after about a week of use, Signor Holmes. I think

it's the best supplement I have ever used and could feel immediately! Max out!

King of the coupons!

Quote Originally Posted by sito
    NO2 is Arginine and

it is in NO-Xplode. Thats why you feel or look big. NO2 never worked for me so thats why I stay away from products

containing it.
    NO2 did nothing for me neither too! I took mine back to GNC and got a refund on

my two bottles. This stuff is a whole new different animal if ya asking me!

Journeyman

Sorry, but could you give me

some info on No Explode? Or a link with some information. What kind of effects do you get when taking it? This

stuff sounds interesting, I am just getting back into weight lifting (neck injury) and don't have the strength I

used to have.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread Information