Close

Default They Changed Realm

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I bought it a

couple of years ago here and loved the scent it was a soothing light oriental fragrance.I bought another bottle a

few month ago and it has a worse musky scent.So I thought I got a bad bottle but I smelled it at the store and it

was that same bad musky scent.Why was it changed?

& Double Naught Spy InternationalPlayboy's Avatar

I bought some Realm

deodorant, shaving balm, and bodywash from Dillards about three or four months ago. Had never used the deodorant

before but didn't notice any difference in the products from the bottle of cologne I bought from Love Scent two or

three years ago. Or the two I bought directly from Erox before then.

Right before I bought the deodorant and

wash, I had seen a statement at some fragrance site by a poster that Realm had been discontinued. No one here had

heard that rumor and it's still being sold here and in stores. But if you go to the Erox website, you get

redirected to another site. Seems Erox is now called "Natural Attraction" and sell fragrance products for men and

women under that name.

Though I'm now a fan of Chikara and Pheros and they're my major scents now, Realm is

one of the first pheromone products I used and I still like to use it on occasion. A shame if they did change the

scent.

Quote Originally Posted by InternationalPlayboy
    Seems

Erox is now called "Natural Attraction" and sell fragrance products for men and women under that name.

Though

I'm now a fan of Chikara and Pheros and they're my major scents now, Realm is one of the first pheromone products

I used and I still like to use it on occasion. A shame if they did change the scent.
    The Natural

Attraction line was brought out as a lower cost alternative to Realm, which was quite pricey.

NA smells

inexpensive.

-Bass

Fox,

Was that the men's or

women's version?

b

I bought a bottle of men's Realm

on closeout at Ross last week. It smells nice, sort of a sweet but light muskiness. It still has a touch of Asian

spice. Unfortunately, the scent disappears after a couple hours. I tried adding a little NPA to pep it up, but with

the short scent life that didn't workout well. NPA and Burberry Weekend are a more refreshing and longer lasting

combo.
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

Default Erox sold the realm name

From

EROX financial report.

On April 14, 2003, the Company sold to Niche Marking Group, Inc. the assets and

worldwide ownership rights to the REALM Women, REALM Men and innerREALM product lines. The Company will continue to

focus operations on the marketing of its patented technology to companies with established consumer product

franchises while directly managing the on-going development of identified compounds for potential new products.

All REALM(R) and innerREALM(R) financial activities have been classified as assets to be sold as a result of

the April 14, 2003 sale. Therefore reclassifications of certain 2002 financial statement information have been made

to present the operating results from on-going operations on a comparable basis.

They sold the realm name, but now they have natural attraction.
    maybe natural

attraction is somewhat like the old realm.

I also noticed the change in Realm, the old realm made me feel

good.
    The latest bottle I bought makes me feel agitated, and down.

Maybe they switched the men's and

women's formulas then............???

"I also noticed the change in

Realm, the old realm made me feel good.
    The latest bottle I bought makes me feel agitated, and down."

My

new bottle didn't do anything but offer a mildly pleasant smell--no feelings at all. On the other hand, meat

products, especially beef, make me feel depressed. Anywho, I wore Realm and SOE last week while attempting to

negotiate a better lease deal for my shop space. I was hoping it would give me an edge but it didn't go as well as

I planned.
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

& Double Naught Spy InternationalPlayboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan
    I

also noticed the change in Realm, the old realm made me feel good.
    The latest bottle I bought makes me feel

agitated, and down.
    The first pheromone product I bought was an OK smelling musky cologne from Adam

and Eve. Kind of cheap smelling and the musk was so strong, that I felt overwhelmed with only a dab behind each

ear.

I then first bought Realm through their infomercial in the 1980s. I liked the smell and it did help me

feel good about myself.

The third product I bought, before finding Love Scent, was another musky cologne,

this time through a direct mail ad. Can't remember the name and the ink on the label has smeared off. It was even

muskier than the Adam and Eve product. Again, two dabs felt like too much to me and I'd feel agitated while wearing

it. I also experienced my one instance of male hostility in a nightclub situation. I found I just can't wear that

stuff, it makes me too self-conscious.

Too bad if they have changed Realm to compare with these other

products. I really liked the smell. Comparing the labels on the deodorant and after shave balm I just got a few

months ago to some old tubes of balm and body wash I got in a Realm gift pack directly from Erox, the new stuff does

indeed say that it is distributed by Niche Marketing Group, Inc., located in Hicksville, New York, with the balm

having a copyright by Erox. The half bottle of Realm I have left that I bought from Bruce a couple of years ago says

it was distributed by "Human Pheromone Services, Inc.," and gives a Freemont, California location, the same place

Erox was located.

BassMan said that Erox developed Natural Attraction as a lower cost alternative to Realm,

and smells cheaper too. (I noticed on their website that they sell an unscented version.) With the disdain they seem

to get from some people in the pheromone community, it's strange that they would drop a fairly well known product

for something of cheaper quality. Perhaps that explains the company name change. I'm only aware of the Natural

Attraction name because I tried to go to the Erox website a few months ago when looking for the aftershave balm and

body wash products and got redirected to the Natural Attraction site.

Out of curiosity, has anyone here tried

Natural Attraction?

Phero Pharaoh

There is an unscented version

of Natural Attraction that I use with my regular colognes. It works just fine but is not as strong as The Edge (in

my opinion). That should give you an idea of how strong it is compared to the more concentrated Androstenone

products Love Scent offers.

I found that mixing Love Scent's Musk Androstenol with the Natural Attraction

brings out the chatty/sexy side of many women.

Bruce, I am referring to the

Realm For Men.Thanks for all the info guys Im glad Im not the only one who noticed this.

Journeyman

Default Natural Attraction

Well, I've been

using the Ntural attraction cologne spray for the past 5 months or so. It certainly smells cheap. Compared to my

usual cologne, This one smells like K-mart. But, when it's mixed with NPA, it's rather nice, given a few hours to

ease off. SO, I mainly use NA for NPA mix nowadays.

Its wrong that they would

change something that I love without saying anything.At least say on the bottle they changed the fragrance.Bruce do

you still have the "old Realm"?

Fox,

The reason I asked is

that my wife uses women's Realm quite a bit and your discription struck me as fitting her cologne to a T. I used

to have a sample bottle sitting on my desk for a long time. It's funny, but I never felt like wearing it, but

often picked up the bottle during an idle moment and gave it a good sniff. Always seemed to calm me down. I think

I gave that bottle away when we moved over here from Japan. We just got a new shipment of Realm a week ago, but I

will ask around and see if I can find out when the change was made. Nobody told us anything about it. Your best

bet might be to find somebody on the forum here with an old bottle they don't want. It might have been a while

back since they changed it.

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by platinumfox
    Its wrong that

they would change something that I love without saying anything.At least say on the bottle they changed the

fragrance.Bruce do you still have the "old Realm"?
    I have most of a bottle of the old that I'll probably

never use. PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by platinumfox
    Its wrong

that they would change something that I love without saying anything.At least say on the bottle they changed the

fragrance.Bruce do you still have the "old Realm"?
    Not that anyone really cares but..

Niche

marketing group had to change it, otherwise they would have had to contract to use EROX's patents.
    EROX retained

their patents in the sale of realm, according to the financial paperwork. This is why I am thinking that Natural

attraction may just be something like the old realm
    This is all speculation on my part, but I believe that EROX

sold the realm name to avoid chapter 11.

Not that anyone

really cares but..

Niche marketing group had to change it, otherwise they would have had to contract to use

EROX's patents.
    EROX retained their patents in the sale of realm, according to the financial paperwork. This is

why I am thinking that Natural attraction may just be something like the old realm
    This is all speculation on my

part, but I believe that EROX sold the realm name to avoid chapter 11.
    FWIW, I was in contact with Erox at

the time of the release of NA.

The pheros are the same in NA/m as Realm/m and NA/w as Realm/w. The scents are

nothing alike. Realm had a classy, if somewhat penetrating, Oriental scent. NA is just dime-store cheap.

The NA

product that is killer is their Pillow Spray. It contains both male and female pheros, and from the fun I've had

with the stuff, plenty of both. The scent is what you'd expect from one of the better "linen" sprays.

-Bass

What about the unscented NA?

Wouldn't that be the best solution if the -mone content is the same as Realm?

Quote Originally Posted by nbnbtc
    What about the

unscented NA? Wouldn't that be the best solution if the -mone content is the same as Realm?
    The unscented

stuff is new and I haven't tried it.

I should clarify - I meant that the mones themselves were the same. I have

no idea if the concentration is the same. Never thought to ask, I guess.

-Bass

I might have to buy it fron

another member.I did buy a bottle of the "old Realm" at a drug store several months ago so I'll try back there and

hopefully I can stock up.

Phero Pharaoh

Quote Originally Posted by nbnbtc
    What about the

unscented NA? Wouldn't that be the best solution if the -mone content is the same as Realm?
    I repeat: I

have used the unscented Natural Attraction. It works fine with a good cover scent.

I wear it with Creed,

Amouage Dia, and Jaipur.

The Jaipur (by Boucheron) is the least expensive of those three and should be available

in most fine department stores.

thanks for the info Friendly!

Not that anyone

really cares but..

Niche marketing group had to change it, otherwise they would have had to contract to use

EROX's patents.
    EROX retained their patents in the sale of realm, according to the financial paperwork. This is

why I am thinking that Natural attraction may just be something like the old realm
    This is all speculation on my

part, but I believe that EROX sold the realm name to avoid chapter 11.
    Donovan,

Niche Marketing Group

DOES in fact produce its current (newly fragranced) version of REALM with a formula that employs the old EROX

patents.

The company HUMAN PHEROMONE SCIENCES, which is the direct descendent of EROX, and is still listed

under the ticker symbol "EROX" on the NASDAQ Exchange, is the owner of the patent rights that were originally

assigned to EROX Corp.

Niche Marketing and others simply "license" the rights from HPS. The concept of licensing

patent rights is more or less a "rental" of the ability to use patented ideas by those other than the patent holder.

In this case it's evident that Niche has non-exclusive rights to the patent since HPS has also licensed the rights

to Avon, and is utilizing the concept in their own Natural Attraction line of products as well.

I have two

bottles of Realm/m, both still in their original boxes.
    One is from the late 90's and lists the U.S. Patent

numbers 5,278,141 & 5,272,134. It lists EROX as the distributor and the holder of the trademark as well as of the

copyright on the text on the box.

The other box, which I purchased within the last few years, lists those SAME

patents, which are now ascribed to Human Pheromone Sciences, but names Niche Marketing Group as the distributor. The

copyright however, is still interestingly attributed to EROX.

So my speculation would be that Niche not only

contracted for the rights to the Realm name, but also licensed the rights under the patent to continue to produce

Realm with its pheromonal components.

This then DOES beg the question, "What happened to the old fragrance?"

Why would NICHE not have sought to retain the scent of a cologne whose brand recognition was good enough for them to

want to own it? Wouldn't it just make sense to make it SMELL the same if you were investing the (big) money to make

it look and work the same?

Two GUESSES, totally speculation on my part:
    The fragrance base was a proprietary

formula that EROX had licensed (or purchased without proprietary knowledge) from an outside source.
    OR, and this

might be BIG "OR",
    the Niche people finally got it right and decided to reverse the men's and women's phero

components, AND include them in higher quantities to make it a true "attractant", and thus had to come up with a

more substantial fragrance to provide cover.

BTW, the old Realm definitely gave me the "mood enhancement"

effect that it was designed to deliver. Yesterday, when I sprayed a shot of my "Niche" version on my arm I felt like

I'd had "one too many cups of coffee" about five minutes later.
    I'll leave it at that. This post is way too long

already!

Oscar

Default Thanks Oscar

OR, and this might

be BIG "OR",
    the Niche people finally got it right and decided to reverse the men's and women's phero

components, AND include them in higher quantities to make it a true "attractant", and thus had to come up with a

more substantial fragrance to provide cover

I wonder if any women can chime in and give an comparison

of
    the Niche Realm/w with the old Realm/w

Well, I lucked out I went

back to that drug store and bought a bottle of "old Realm".

Journeyman

Andron by Jovan was the

first pheromone product I used and loved! Jovan discontinued it. Realm was the second until I found Love scent.com.

Women's Realm was the first product I had used on me without my knowledge with rather dramatic results, that is why

I purchased the male product. The complete story is in the earlier postings on Love cent.com
    These companies

change and often change products without notification. I think some times they change operations and employees no

longer produce the same product eventhough they have the same formula. Bryers Ice Cream is a good example, Bryers

Vanilla Ice Cream was much better before it was purchased by Kraft. It actually had a homemade quality with real

vanilla beans in it. Now the only thing it has is the Breyer name.

Elk
    I hope that REALM (men/women) is

remains the same. Thanks for the tip off.

If anyone has a bottle of

"old Realm" please let me know.

Thread Information