Close

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    King of the coupons!

Default 50% Discount Coupon

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Howdy,

Bruce!

T'was wondering...the 50% discount coupon is good for orders up to 100 smackaroos ... If I placed

an order for 200 smackaroos, is the system designed to give me the discount up to the 100 and the rest of the order

at normal price, or do I have to place two different orders? Annnd, will Chikara be around forever?

Thankyavedymuch!
    Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

Thumbs up

I'm so glad you

asked this. Because I was wondering the same thing when I put in my order but since I didn't want to mess things up

I ended up with two separate orders to use the discount coupons. I bought two.

Brenda
    A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you can not do."

King of the coupons!

Quote Originally Posted by SweetBrenda
    I'm so glad you asked this. Because I was wondering the same thing when I put in my

order but since I didn't want to mess things up I ended up with two separate orders to use the discount coupons. I

bought two.

Brenda
    Well, hold'yer horses SweetB ... the way things

happens around this place, we'll have an answer before you can shake your booty twice and say "Who's ya momma!?"

Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

Well, hopefully it works now. It is

supposed to give you a discount on the first $100. of your order and just charge you full price on the rest. We had

some problems with that for a while, but I think it works like that now.

B
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene
    Fair Trade crafts from Peru

Quote Originally Posted by MOBLEYC57
    Well,

hold'yer horses SweetB ... the way things happens around this place, we'll have an answer before you can shake

your booty twice and say "Who's ya momma!?"

lol@you you kno what's one of my many

problems? well let me tell you, ready?

I need to do things right

when I'm ready to do them or else if I put it for later,,, later usually never happens!! so I rather just do it

while I'm on something I guess I'm a little impatient!~
    in spanish we say "las cosas se hacen en

caliente"... But you're right, I need to hold my horses like you said.

A little to late for this time...

Hugs

Brenda
    A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you can not do."

King of the coupons!

Quote Originally Posted by SweetBrenda
    But you're right, I need to hold my horses like you said.

A little to late for this time...
    Nawh,

SweetB, they're your horses, you don't have to hold them if YOU don't wanna! And, at least

you know for the next time.

Behave!

King of the coupons!

Howdy!

Okay, I understand

that you can buy the 50% discount coupon, and you can only use it once, but does that mean you can only buy and use

ONE?

I purchased another one (would be the second time) and just tried to use it, and up came >You have

used the coupon the maximum number of times allowed per customer.1 times.
    <

Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks!

P.S. If "you can ONLY buy one ... ever" is the case, do I get my 9000 points back?

HUH? I never saw this announced, and

I looked for such a restriction. In fact, I bought 2 coupons sometime over the summer, and have been waiting for

Perception Platinum and to run out of all the other mounds of stuff I have bought.

King of the coupons!

Quote Originally Posted by bjf
    HUH? I never saw this

announced, and I looked for such a restriction. In fact, I bought 2 coupons sometime over the summer, and have been

waiting for Perception Platinum and to run out of all the other mounds of stuff I have bought.
    Yes, I just

double checked to make sure I didn't miss such a restriction, but nada. I even tried ordering three times, and all

three times, the same message pops up like I've already used my new coupon, in which I have not. Squange!

Well, if we are going to have one

time only coupons, my personal feeling toward the issue is that I'd like to see the returned products page back.

If there isn't anything, then there would be less incentive to use the forum. While we do have arcaders and people

whose posts don't offer all that much, there quite a few dedicated people who have helped Love Scent become what it

is. Granted that is by our own choice, but there's just no overlooking the fact that as a whole we are a

considerable customer service team that would otherwise cost thousands upon thousands of dollars to have. We

generate quite a bit of revenue; I was disappointed to see the returned products go, but we had the coupons. I was

disappointed to see the price of the coupon doubled because of some arcade gamers, cutting our wages in half,

but if it is a 1 time only deal with the coupon, that would basically take away any light at the end of the

tunnel.

It is too bad, because perhaps the new system was abused or something. Then again, we weren't the

ones to create it. I have never used a coupon yet. I know Oscar, who volunteers at least 40 hours a week, has only

used it once. Mobley, you've obviously only used it once. I think the biggest contributors to the forum have

probably used it the least. I can tell you that if it weren't for forum folks, who endlessly answered by novice

questions in the beginning (krish, Cpt, Doc, Wolfe, in particular) , no matter how simple they were (but they

weren't stupid because the answers weren't available in directions or the main page), I wouldn't have kept on

going with the phero-products, and wouldn't have kept on buying more (mobley, your hit compilations inspire us

But I think we all know how powerful the forum is. I'm hoping that an alternative can be presented so

that those who contribute appropriately will be rewarded.

King of the coupons!

Well, if we are going

to have one time only coupons, my personal feeling toward the issue is that I'd like to see the returned products

page back. If there isn't anything, then there would be less incentive to use the forum. While we do have arcaders

and people whose posts don't offer all that much, there quite a few dedicated people who have helped Love Scent

become what it is. Granted that is by our own choice, but there's just no overlooking the fact that as a whole we

are a considerable customer service team that would otherwise cost thousands upon thousands of dollars to have. We

generate quite a bit of revenue; I was disappointed to see the returned products go, but we had the coupons. I was

disappointed to see the price of the coupon doubled because of some arcade gamers, cutting our wages in half,

but if it is a 1 time only deal with the coupon, that would basically take away any light at the end of the

tunnel.

It is too bad, because perhaps the new system was abused or something. Then again, we weren't the ones

to create it. I have never used a coupon yet. I know Oscar, who volunteers at least 40 hours a week, has only used

it once. Mobley, you've obviously only used it once. I think the biggest contributors to the forum have probably

used it the least. I can tell you that if it weren't for forum folks, who endlessly answered by novice questions in

the beginning (krish, Cpt, Doc, Wolfe, in particular) , no matter how simple they were (but they weren't stupid

because the answers weren't available in directions or the main page), I wouldn't have kept on going with the

phero-products, and wouldn't have kept on buying more (mobley, your hit compilations inspire us .

But I

think we all know how powerful the forum is. I'm hoping that an alternative can be presented so that those who

contribute appropriately will be rewarded.
    Geez, BJF! You make it sound like someone died. I'm

figuring, a computer problem that hasn't been ironed out. But, yes, something has happened, 'cause my first 50%

coupon was 4500. Maybe it doubles with every use, which makes sense. Who knows ... we'll have the anwer pretty soon

would be my guess. Don't worry, be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by MOBLEYC57
    Geez, BJF! You make

it sound like someone died. I'm figuring, a computer problem that hasn't been ironed out. But, yes,

something has happened, 'cause my first 50% coupon was 4500. Maybe it doubles with every use, which makes sense.

Who knows ... we'll have the anwer pretty soon would be my guess. Don't worry, be happy!

Sorry it came out that way!!

Gee you make me feel bad for playing in the arcade. Also I try to stimulate good discussion in my post. I

don’t understand why people are so aggressive here. When I first started here I had two people jump my case for

what was honest post by me. I was offended by the fact that they did not just email me with a question about my

motives. I was accused of trying to hoard points to get a discount coupon. I did not even know a discount coupon

existed at the time. As far as the coupon price goes I thought I had enough to get one a few weeks ago until I went

to buy it and the price had doubled in the previous few days before I reached the 5,000 point goal. Any way I now

know some of the things that will offend people here. And I hold my tongue many times when I really feel I may be

able to contribute to the thread.

HK45Mark23

King of the coupons!

Quote Originally Posted by HK45Mark23
    Gee you make me feel bad for playing in the arcade. Also I try to

stimulate good discussion in my post. I don’t understand why people are so aggressive here. When I first started

here I had two people jump my case for what was honest post by me. I was offended by the fact that they did not just

email me with a question about my motives. I was accused of trying to hoard points to get a discount coupon. I did

not even know a discount coupon existed at the time. As far as the coupon price goes I thought I had enough to get

one a few weeks ago until I went to buy it and the price had doubled in the previous few days before I reached the

5,000 point goal. Any way I now know some of the things that will offend people here. And I hold my tongue many

times when I really feel I may be able to contribute to the thread.

HK45Mark23
    Excuse me for saying, but you should always speak

your mind. I think that Bruce only requires you to be respectful in your doing so. Anything can offend someone ...

that's just life. If you have something that YOU think is worth sharing, I would like to hear it (read it). Tongues

are not made to be held! Tis sad to not speak because you're worrying about ruffing someone's feathers.

I think everything is pretty much covered as to what would get you in trouble with Bruce and his fabolous Mods ...

with that being your guide, go for it! As for posting for points, that's what, for one reason, there for. I

understand posting sweet nothings could/would/should be a problem, but then again..... I think I've posted

more than I ever have since the point system came into play. Guilty as charged! Tis a ruff life, yes?

King of the coupons!

It appears that me asking this

question about the coupon has created monsters ... Damnit!

I sorry. (Yes, I know it's "I'm

sorry." )

HK45, I LOVE your posts, so keep

posting away. I'm sorry you were intimidated, that is a shame.

Man of La Pancha

Mobes, I think it is just a

glitch. Computer logic would say that if you got a password for a 50% off coupon and used it, the system would

prevent you from using it again. I assume that subsequent purchases of the coupon just do not reactivate the

password or something.

I was going to make a self-depricating joke about posting stuff that doesn't offer

much off of bjf's post, but I don't feel like it anymore. What happened to me?!?!? Seriously, bjf, I think

it's just a glitch that you can only use it once. As for the raising of the points for the coupon, I believe Bruce

is just tweaking it to ensure that the coupon becomes used for the correct purposes. I'm sure that sounds strange,

but I think the perception of the coupon is slowly turning into a veteran's reward instead of a 'rack up points in

the arcade' tactic. I believe that Bruce is simply trying to make sure the coupon has this perception instead of

making it a recommendation by members to newbies (think of what "wait until you get the 50% coupon before you buy"

recommendations or additudes could do to a person's purchasing habits... Bruce has way too many good specials to

put all the focus on this coupon). I support Bruce 100% if he is indeed making the necessary adjustments to reward

forum vets appropriately. I understand that raising the point requirement seems detrimental to good posters, but I

think it is necessary to keep Bruce's business healthy until it all works out. This is all speculation as I

haven't read anything from Bruce on the topic, but if I were a businessman experimenting with coupons, I'd

experiment with the points and see how it worked with sales to maximize benefit to veteran members, newbies (who

would be encouraged to be loyal and become vets), and my business. (Note: I repeat that before people take this as

gospel, I'm only stating my guess from forum posts on the topic...mix in the recent discussion on the

raising points, the Wed/Fri specials, and the free gel packs and I could see how adding a 50% coupon could be the

straw that broke the camel's back so to speak)

HK: Don't worry about the point-hoarding thing. You may

have just been posting at the wrong time when the point-hoarding question was a hot topic. If you have something

pheromone-related to say in the -mone forum, say it...and we all know you don't have to hold anything back in other

threads...

Guys,

Got some good news and

some bad news. Which do you want first? Good news? OK. The good news is that you can buy as many discount

coupons as you want and they should all work fine. Mobes, I am not sure what happened with yours, but I suspect you

bought them both before using either one of them. Am I right? More good news is that we will definitely be having

the used products sale again at some point. It has always been our habit/policy to wait until we had a pretty

hefty batch of used stuff before releasing them for sale. The items move very quickly and the hot ones are gone

within a matter of days anyway.

Bad news: The price of the coupons went up from 5000 to 10000.

Worse

news: The coupons are no longer 50% discounts, they are 35% discounts.

It is true that the main problem with

the coupon was the loopholes in the arcades and banking systems, but there was yet another issue to pop up. I

can't go into too much detail, but coupons were being used by folks who weren't even members of the

forum.

We will continue to have some sort of points driven coupon which will at least outstrip the normal 20%

coupons by a good deal, and we will continue the used products sales on and off as we always have and only offer

them to forum members.

Bruce
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene

King of the coupons!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce
    Mobes, I am not

sure what happened with yours, but I suspect you bought them both before using either one of them. Am I right?
    Sorry, Bruce, you don't get what's behind door number 3!

I used my first one on

my last order, I think ... I'm not 100% sure. As I age, I'm not really sure about too much these days.

Either or, am I out of 9000 points, should I buy another for the 35% off, or should I just hold off on my

order until things straigten out? You know I'm always trying to save a penny.

Thanks for the response.

Phero Dude

Granted that is by

our own choice, but there's just no overlooking the fact that as a whole we are a considerable customer service

team that would otherwise cost thousands upon thousands of dollars to have.
    Speaking personally, I

converted from browser to buyer almost solely on the basis of the forum and the insights of sages like oscar,

whitehall, and so many others. I only hope that I've been able to give back a little bit of what I've received

over the years.

So if you buy more than one

coupon at the same time, you can't use it?

King of the coupons!

Quote Originally Posted by hotrocks5
    So if you buy

more than one coupon at the same time, you can't use it?
    I don't think that's the problem, I bought and

used one, then bought another, but I couldn't use it ... just some wrinkles that needs ironing out of the system.

Check before you buy it though, 'cause you could lose your points if they haven't fixed it.

Well, I still can't use my

forum coupon. Any ETA on when this will be fixed?

It needs a major overhaul that may

take a while. Anyone having problems with a coupon purchased with points earned by posting rather than via glitches

in the arcade and bank system, send me an email and I'll work something out.

Bruce

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene

King of the coupons!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce
    It needs a major

overhaul that may take a while. Anyone having problems with a coupon purchased with points earned by posting rather

than via glitches in the arcade and bank system, send me an email and I'll work something out.

Bruce

<Raises his hand>

the discount coupon at the store

still says 50%, is it 35% now, or did it change back?

No, it is really 35%. I didn't

realize it said 50%. I'll figure out how to change that.

Thanks,
    B

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene

just create a new coupon and get rid

of the old one in the store.

King of the coupons!

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I just bought another coupon, and it still won't let me use

it to place my order.

Pleezee, will someone

hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp me!

"Mobley has another unusable coupon. Will this be another 9000 point lost, or will someone step in and save

him? Stay tuned ...... "

Mobes,

I didn't realize your

last coupon problem had never been fixed. I'll answer your email on this subject with a temporary fix. I don't

think anyone else ever had this problem, did they?

B

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information