Fructosamine is a blood test that shows your body's average glucose load over about the prior three

weeks. Most doctors are trained (translation: brainwashed) into the belief that fructosamine is only used for

diabetics. HMOs (translation: the new mafia) don't want to discuss the subject in the interests of appropriate

service allocation(translation: screwing you out of every dime they can get their grubby hands on)... now that I've

got that off my sternum... the quick and dirty test is a urine test that shows the presence of glucose, a sugar. You

pee in a cup and they put a test stick in, if it chanes color you could have glucose in your urine and be diabetic.

The problem, and in the USA this is a MAJOR health problem, look around at all the overweight to obese to MORBIDLY

OBESE citizens... they didn't get that way by accident, they got there by eating high glycemic diets coupled with

loads of saturated fats. Here's the story: you don't have to show overt symptoms of diabetes to be harming

yourself with sugar overloads... which WILL accelerate your aging process and make you look old before your time,

lead to cardiovascular disease, arthritis, and other wonders of your golden years... now, HOW do you determine if

YOUR body is responding to YOUR diet/lifestyle in a potentially dangerous way ? The blood glucose test is too

variable, the pee test is too late in the game. The test you want is the FRUCTOSAMINE test which will show how your

body is handling sugars before you get diabetes. For example, my fructosamine level can be calculated back to show

that my average blood glucose level for the past three weeks (not just how I was doing last night) is about 135

mg./dl, which is slightly high. I already have made large changes in my diet, so this tells me that my levels were

probably way too high when I was indulging in soft drinks, cookies, brownies, and other sweet snacks. I was slowly

killing myself without knowing it. The fructosamine test tells me that I have to change more, more complex carbs and

vegetables, to get under 125 mg/dl, if I have any intention of a long healthy life.
You can be damned sure that

the mega food industries would prefer that word of this doesn't become common knowledge as it would radically

change people's perception of what was safe to eat.
Most doctors won't even prescribe the test if you ask

them and agree to pay out of pocket yourself... "don't see any medical reason for it, cough, cough".... you can get

it done with a private testing group though...
Having said that, there is also an epidemic of incompetence

(just a mind blowing lack of training) in the blood testing business, sometimes their ability to screw up tube

labelling, etc. simple strains the imagination, so be prepared for a bump or two on the road to good health.

Welcome to the American medical system, currently consuming 15% of GDP....