Close

Threaded View

Default Forum rules and courtesy

A lot of you

will remember that not too long ago you couldn't write a serious thread without it being hijacked or otherwise made

unusable by all the playing around, jokes quips and such. A lot of very good people got sick of it, quit posting and

left the forum. We tried with polite requests through PMs and deletions to get it back in line with little effect.

It resulted in us being forced to come down pretty hard on some people and we ended up losing still more members but

the forum has improved a lot since then. We have a lot of great new members posting good stuff.

In the past

couple weeks we've seen a lot of nonsense posts in the discussion forums. Jokes and playing around don't belong

there, it takes away from the content provided by serious posters and is not fair with the amount of effort that is

put into many of these posts.

A long time back, Bruce created the Open Discussion and Humor forums so we would

have places to play and debate unrelated topics. I think everybody would get the most benefit out of this site if we

kept serious discussion and play seperated. Please help us out by paying attention to where you post humor, jokes

and off topic discussions.

One other thing I should mention. WE DO DELETE THREADS AND POSTS WITHOUT WARNING. We

assume everybody knows and understands the few rules we have here and can figure it out if an off topic post gets

deleted. If you then post "Hey, Who deleted my thread" it will get deleted too. If you'd really like an answer, PM

any one of us mods and we will be happy to answer you.

Thanks, Belgareth
    Last edited by belgareth; 09-08-2004 at 11:26 AM.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information