Close

Thread: Tahitian Noni?

Question Tahitian Noni?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hallois

I'm just

curious if anyone here has tried taking noni and would like to know your experiene/comments on it

I am

considering to buy and try, but would like some feedback from users of it first, not people who will make a profit

by selling it to me (noni juice is sold by mlm)...

Gratefull for all feedback!

Thanks

Phero Enthusiast

Default Totally bogus

expensive fruit

juice....

Noni is the best juice

out there for your health IMO, there is alot of research suggesting it actually cures diseases by as much as 70% .If

you are not really sick, I wouldn't recommend you buying it unless you can afford it. If you are going to buy

it-make sure to get it directly from the company at:

http://www.tahitiannoni.com/ , because many companies such as GNC are

selling fakes for a lower price.

Here's a link with some Testimonials:

[url="http://www.noni-is-good-for-you.com/testimonials.asp"]http://www.noni-is-good-for-you.com/testimonials.asp[/ur

l]

Here's a link with more infor:

http://www.123.noniland.com/index-2.htm
    "Most women stop being attracted to a guy because he lets her know too early in the interaction that he likes her."
    ----Swinggcat

Actually it was more or less

banned in Sweden recently until the distributor took away any promise of health benefits. I am unsure whether they

did that or not.

// w

I live on Oahu and thus Noni

grows well here. I'm not sure why it costs so much but I have one in my garden but can't stand the

taste--fresh or canned by health companies. It's supposed to cure nearly everything but I wasn't sick for the

couple weeks I ate it, so I quite because of the terrible taste. Now I give the noni fruits to my friends... I found

more health benefits to dringing ionized water (high alkaline pH).
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

Default hmm..

Ionized water?

What

sort of health benefits?

Check out this link if you want

the nitty gritty on ionizied water:

http://www.sunrise-water.co.uk/artionisedwater.asp

Okei.

Thanks

Question hmm

Gegogi:
    For how long have

you been drinking ionised water?
    Which benefits have you personally seen and how long did it take before you saw

anny effects?
    Did you buy the masterpiece thing?
    Can it be found cheaper elsewhere?

..This all just got me

really curious.. Thanks for sharing the wisdown

I've been drinking ionized high

alkaline water for a little over two years. I'm a professional musician and my finger joints were hunting big

time--like everyday all day--the personal plumbing was stopping up and the little friend wasn't as responsive as

I'd like. Doctors were unhelpful so I was desparate to try anything. A nurse friend had a water ionizer and turned

me on to a couple gallons. By the end of 2 weeks I noticed I felt a little better and the plumbing was flowing

normally. I bought a machine and after about 2-3 months the joint pain disappeared. I'm careful with my technique,

but I can play all I want now. Plus, I basically have few body aches and more energy compared to a few years

ago.

Now, I've always known drinking 7-8 glasses of water a day is a good thing. However, ionized alkaline

water seems much better at getting rid of the body's toxic waste. The only side effect I've noticed is high

alakine water makes peeing an urgent matter (it goes through you fast!). Another odd thing is it boils much faster

than normal tap water (I use it for cooking and tea!). Needless to say, I don't leave the house without a bottle of

ionized water in my hand...

Ionized water is extremely big in Asia, especially Korea and Japan. However,

it's just starting to appear in the USA and Europe. Most of the machines are made by Dong Yong Science (Korea) but

are sold under several names: Toyo, Jupiter and Ridgeway. Although the prices vary from about $500 to 1500 USD, the

interior mechanisms of the basic models are the same. The fancier models have water coolers, heaters, extra filter

stages, auto electrode cleaning, etc. I use a Jupiter JP102 (basic model that speaks Korean!). Here's a few sites

that sell them:

http://www.alkalife.com/
    http://www.ionizers.org/

http://hometown.aol.com/fraryguitar/water_ionizers.htm

I'm guessing from your spelling you may

live in the UK, so

http://www.sunrise-water.co.uk/

Is the only UK dealer I've found.

Hallois

Nope, I don't

live in the UK, but I'll take that as a compliment

I'm actually a 20 yo (today) boy from Norway

Will

take a look at the pages you posted. Thanks

I will probably go to some norwegian health stores to see if they

sell water ionisers though, since importing anything above about $28 gives me an extra cost of 24% i duty and some

other fees...

No luck at norwegian health

stores so far. I tried speaking with a plumber company, but they didn't really know if they could deliver water

ionizers, but he was going to speak with his merchant, so I'm going back there soon to see what he found

out.

Seems like the Jupiter Melody unit is suppose to be great, and the lowest prices are just below $720 for

that one :| Have you ever considered upgrading your water ionizer to a newer unit, or do you believe the extra cost

is not worth it?

Isn't FIJI pretty good

water? It makes me feel better everytime I drink it and it barely costs anything.
    "Most women stop being attracted to a guy because he lets her know too early in the interaction that he likes her."
    ----Swinggcat

Viking, the Jupiter JP102 is a

current model and is still widely sold. The actual production of ionizied water hasn't changed much in years. The

main difference in some of the newest designs are features like hot and cold ionized water, voice activation,

etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Unknownshadow21
    Isn't

FIJI pretty good water? It makes me feel better everytime I drink it and it barely costs

anything.
    What is FIJI?

Quote Originally Posted by TheViking
    What is

FIJI?
    http://www.fijiwater.com/site/index.html
    ----Swinggcat

Default hmm

I think i prefer getting a

water ionizer in stead of ordering fiji water. The initial cost is much higher, but then I don't have to order

whatever alle the time. I believe the cost of ordering cases of water would also be very expensive.. And I don't

see from the page at least that fiji water should have better or even equal advantages than ionized water. Please

correct me if i'm wrong or if i have overlooked something though

Quote Originally Posted by Gegogi
    Viking, the

Jupiter JP102 is a current model and is still widely sold. The actual production of ionizied water hasn't changed

much in years. The main difference in some of the newest designs are features like hot and cold ionized water, voice

activation, etc..

Hallois again. Is there a specific name for that jupiter model, or is Jupiter

JP102 it's complete name?

Thanks

In North America it's called the

Jupiter Springs JP-102. Dong Yang Science (Korea) makes it. I've seen it sold under several names, e.g., Toyo, for

different resellers but is still the same machine. I help Dong Yang Science edit and translate their instruction

manuals (Korean to English) so I've seen the specs for most the units. Here's the company website. You need to

read Korean. The English areas are poorly translated (I didn't do it!) and are currently being worked on (so

they're not available).

http://www.jupiterion.com/

Phero Enthusiast

Exclamation I'd think twice about cheap Korean ionizers

There is an important design feature they aren't too eager to talk about. The ionizers have a membrane

and an electrode on either side of the membrane. For the electrode to pull the positive ions through the membrane

into one tank, and the negative ions across the membrane into another tank, the electrodes are charged with radio

frequency electrical energy. This is inherently problematic because this can cause the electrode to "shed" poisonous

metal ions into your alkaline water, which is where the metal ions are accumulated, hopefully calcium, magnesium,

potassium, hopefully not nickel and chromium. Here's the punch line...Korean units are reputed to use stainless

steel electrodes which have high concentrations of chromium and nickel. The more expensive Japanese units have

titanium/platinum electrodes which are not suposed to shed metal ions into the water. This is supposedly why the

Japanese won't market stainless steel based systems within Japan and japanese consumers won't buy them.
    I

have owned 2 of the Japanese Ange units for about a decade now, and am about to replace them with the newer

Pure-Porte models. Ionized water does flush through you like no other, the kidneys love it. One important and little

noted health concern. Alkaline water will cause you to lose the vital mineral Potassium as your kidneys will become

more efficient at flushing potassium, so if you drink a lot of alkaline water, you need to take some extra potassium

citrate supplement, 1 add about 500 mg of potassium in the hot summer months and about 200 mg in the cold season.

Quote Originally Posted by surfs_up
    There is an

important design feature they aren't too eager to talk about. The ionizers have a membrane and an electrode on

either side of the membrane. For the electrode to pull the positive ions through the membrane into one tank, and the

negative ions across the membrane into another tank, the electrodes are charged with radio frequency electrical

energy. This is inherently problematic because this can cause the electrode to "shed" poisonous metal ions into your

alkaline water, which is where the metal ions are accumulated, hopefully calcium, magnesium, potassium, hopefully

not nickel and chromium. Here's the punch line...Korean units are reputed to use stainless steel electrodes which

have high concentrations of chromium and nickel. The more expensive Japanese units have titanium/platinum electrodes

which are not suposed to shed metal ions into the water. This is supposedly why the Japanese won't market stainless

steel based systems within Japan and japanese consumers won't buy them.
    I have owned 2 of the Japanese Ange

units for about a decade now, and am about to replace them with the newer Pure-Porte models. Ionized water does

flush through you like no other, the kidneys love it. One important and little noted health concern. Alkaline water

will cause you to lose the vital mineral Potassium as your kidneys will become more efficient at flushing potassium,

so if you drink a lot of alkaline water, you need to take some extra potassium citrate supplement, 1 add about 500

mg of potassium in the hot summer months and about 200 mg in the cold season.
    Thanks for the tip

Since you obviously know a lot more about ionizers than I do and have first hand experience also, maybe you could

let me know exactly where you decide to buy your new model when you do and which model you choose..

As

always, all feedback is highly appreciated

Here's the punch line...Korean units are reputed to use stainless

steel electrodes which have high concentrations of chromium and nickel.

I'm sorry, but that is simply not right. The ionizers from
    Dong Yang Science

(Jupiter/Royal) all use Platinum Plated Titanium Electrodes,

not stainless steel. If you read the specs of any Jupiter ionizer you'll see
    Platinum Plated Titanium Electrodes are always

used
    . I have this on good authority as I work for

Dong Yang Science (manual translation) and know their specs well. However, I've long known

sales reps for Richway and other resellers enjoy spreading such misinformation as a means of selling their ionizers.

However, Dong Yang Science makes ionizers for both Richway and Toyo (Japan).

Why platinum plated titanium electrodes? Because these

metals are excellent conductors but at the same time are extremely effective at resisting

corrosion and mineral deposits.

Incidentally, Dong Yang Science sells more water ionizers

to Japan than all other countries combined. My "cheap Korean made" JP-101 is 5 years old and had many buckets of

water run through it everyday for 5 years with a single problem. I gave it to a friend months ago (when I got a

JP-102) and expect it to keep cranking out ionized water via it's "cheap Korean" platinum plated titanium

electrodes.

Here's the English website for Royalwater

(Jupiter/
    Dong Yang Science):

http://www.royalwater.com/

Here's the JP-102 specs (note electrode

materials):

http://www.royalwater.com/english/cyber_102_2.htm
    Last edited by Gegogi; 09-15-2004 at 02:10 AM.

Phero Enthusiast

Default so, I take it that your are not a disinterested party ?

This isn't to say that your information is wrong. However, being an employee of one of the

companies could shade your objectivity. It is also possible that there is now a common standard for electrode

composition, based on better science, than existed when I was in the market 10 years ago. In all of these matters,

it pays to look under the hood closely before purchasing a device that will possibly expose your body to a reactive

agent for long periods of time.

That said, the ionized water concept is a good one in theory, for at least

two compelling reasons. One is that it is a good free radical quencher, sparing the human cells from slowly

accumulating damage. Two is that ionized water has greater dissolving power than tap water and has smaller molecular

clusters, thus it can efficiently remove waste products. Inonized water drinkers will tell you that they have a

tendency to pee a lot. One caution is that with increased renal clearance, you can remove medicines from your body

more quickly than usual too and that may affect the appropriate dosage of a prescription. I have never met a US

doctor who knows anything about ionized water and how that changes dosing protocols.

I'm not an employee of Dong Yang

(I'm a music professor). I simply freelance for them as translator and editor. I visit Korea frequently (many

relativies and friends there) and know many of the engineers and designers personally. Perhaps stainless steel was

used long ago--I don't know--but in all the years I've used their products platinum plated titanium electrodes have been the only electrodes used and mentioned in their literature.

Yes, I agree, USA doctors haven't a clue

about high alkaline water.

Default At shopping point..

Hallois

I've now got enough paypal to order the water ionizer. Think I'll go for the Jupiter Microlite

version which costs $550 at www.ionizers.org.

Do you know any places where it is even cheaper, or

some other models you would buy in stead of the one i've chosen without increasing the price? ..at least not

drastically..

And should I order any of the water test kits? Or maybe some extra filters?

Thanks

for all feedback

The Viking

Thread Information