Close

Threaded View

Stranger

Default Newbie question: Chikara, Perception and a ramble on

Hi All,

This is quite a long first post, so

there is an encapsulated question in the very last paragraph.

I've ordered

Pheromones from Bruce a couple of times over the years (PI, SOE, Realm, Edge). I've had mixed results but not used

them much because I really can't hack the smell of most of them. My favourite was SOE as it seemed very 'gentle'

and talkative, but I always felt it needed something else.

Anyway, after

receiving the last newsletter I decided to take a look at the site again as I hadn't visited in over a year. I read

the threads on Chikara and Perception which both sounded like well engineered products, so I ordered both. I read

that Chikara was a sociable product with a great smell, whereas Perception could have a tendancy of DIHL if used

indiscriminately.

They both arrived today so I eagerly tried them one squirt of

each on an arm. What I found was the complete opposite of what I was expecting. The Chikara on my skin has that

familiar stinky pee smell that just gets to my head after a while. I'd say must have over dosed but getting less

than one spray from the bottle is quite an art, and scrubbing in the shower just doesn't seem to diminish it much.

If however I spray it on a piece of tissue the smell is very much different. I'd

say on tissue it smells very faintly like a dirty dog but it's not nearly as offensive or strong as when it's on

my skin (x500% worse on skin at least). Does this mean that for my particular natural pheromone make up I should

just avoid this one of these pheromones or could the batch be different to others? I can't detect much perfume in

it at all other that a faint but sharp top note (not that my sense of smell is full spectrum

anyway).

I don't know if it's relevent but I'm a 35y/o Male, and find it

very difficult to build rapport off the cuff. In contrast, when people are exposed to me for a duration then I get

on with most people like a house on fire. I don't mean I'm shy or lost for words, it's just that when I am in the

presence of new people the shutters tend to go down instantly, like I have a 'go away' growl about me. I don't

feel that they dislike me at all, but more that they don't trust me, or sometimes they even become a little

nervous. If I am around them for hours or even days then that issue seems to dissappear even if we've never spoken.

This goes for men or women, I don't believe it is confidence or conversational issue. Back to

topic:

Okay, about Perception; I was expecting this to be the one that had the

cat pee smell from the descriptions I'd read, but this one to me is far more faint and more agreeable. I didn't

put the perfume mask on top or anywhere near it yet as I wanted to get a feel for the base product. I think I could

wear this one without being very self conscious of the incredible rheek! of the other, or the

headaches.

I've read much of the FAQ and Newbie thread, and I'm beginning to

think that there are some mones that I don't need any extra of at all (possibly even over producing already?), and

that some I do need to 'lighten up' the first impression and balance the natural mones out. Newbie thread suggests

that would be something like NOL. Does that sound reasonable? My favourite smell in the whole wide world is a good

Sandalwood - that makes me feel on top of the world and I can't get enough. I also like Jasmine and Ylang Ylang.

After reading DrSmellThis' thread about Amouage I saw the ingredients and ordered the 8x sampler pack as that might

contain something to point me in the right direction.

Okay, enough rambling, I

should wrap this up with shortened question:

Are there (generally speaking)

certain body types that respond significantly better to some mones that others? Is there a way of determining this

(a Laboratory that can do a sweat sample pheromone profile perhaps?). I'm going to be spending several days reading

up on previous threads to see if I can find a way to pick the correct pheromones to get the balance, but if anybody

has any pointers to speed that up it would be much

appreciated.

Regards

Shiver

PS. While

writing this I've just found the WAGG product which sounds like it might help. Is that an avenue worth

persuing?
    Last edited by Shiver; 09-01-2004 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Typed Brian instead of Bruce

Thread Information