Close

Default Pheremone questions and discussion topics.. anyone have answers?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I originally sent this as a private message to jkohl when he posted a response to

someone's post with a link to one of his papers. I read the paper and had a few questions... he hasn't responded

back to my private message yet so I assume he's too busy to answer. So I decided to post it here to see what

everyone had to say. If you have any answers, I'd be interested in hearing them... anyway, here's the private

message I sent:

Hello, I'm 18 years old and have been reading the posts on the love-scent forum

for a few weeks now. You posted a link to one of your papers, "Integrating Neuroendocrinology and Ethology"

in one of your posts which I read over and found very interesting... I have a few questions.

You mention that

androstenol quickly changes to androstenone when produced by humans. Do the products on love-scent also follow suit?

Does the androstenol in SoE, for example, quickly change to androstenone in a matter of 20 minutes after being

applied?

Tell me if I am correct, it seems from your paper that the only time androstenone

is beneficial to a male trying to attract a female is when she is ovulating, otherwise the smell of androstenone

seems unattractive to a female. Now a question, does androstenol still seem appealing to a female even while she is

ovulating? If so, then is androstenol or androstenone more appealing to a female at time of ovulation? It seems

clear that androstenol is far more appealing to a female than androstenone when the female is not

ovulating.

Based on the information in your paper, if a male does not know the ovulation

stage of a female or is coming into close contact with many females, is it advantageous to be wearing androstenol

pheremones since it is more likely that the woman will not be ovulating and therefore, androstenone would only be

unpleasant to the female whereas androstenol would increase the perceived attractiveness of the male to the

female?

Thanks very much for taking the time to read and answer my

questions.

So, that was my e-mail... the link to the paper

is here:

http://www.nel.edu/22_5/NEL220501R01_Review.htm

Thanks to all who take the time to read and respond!

If you listen

oh so carefully, you can just hear the eggs drop... Once you get good at it, the sound can become deafening in a

crowd of women. Then and only then shall thee don androstenone.
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

Quote Originally Posted by Lagrimas
    You mention that

androstenol quickly changes to androstenone when produced by humans. Do the products on love-scent also follow suit?

Does the androstenol in SoE, for example, quickly change to androstenone in a matter of 20 minutes after being

applied?[/font]
    Judging from the smell, the change BEGINS pretty quickly. Judging from the effects the

overall conversion is pretty subtle.

Tell me if I am correct, it seems from

your paper that the only time androstenone is beneficial to a male trying to attract a female is when she is

ovulating, otherwise the smell of androstenone seems unattractive to a female. Now a question, does androstenol

still seem appealing to a female even while she is ovulating?

Yes.

If so, then is

androstenol or androstenone more appealing to a female at time of ovulation?
    Hard to say. But

androstenone gives a stronger sexual response.

It seems clear that androstenol is far more

appealing to a female than androstenone when the female is not ovulating.
    Not in my experience, or

that of many of the forum members. I would say it depends on the quantities used. Relatively large quantities of

androstenol are more appealing than the same amounts of androstenone.

[font=Georgia]Based on

the information in your paper, if a male does not know the ovulation stage of a female or is coming into close

contact with many females, is it advantageous to be wearing androstenol pheremones since it is more likely that the

woman will not be ovulating and therefore, androstenone would only be unpleasant to the female whereas androstenol

would increase the perceived attractiveness of the male to the female?
    I think they work best in

combination.

Disclaimer: I am not a scientist. The advice given is for practical purposes only.
    Give truth a chance.

a.k.a sums it up well.

Remember, praticle experiences do not always agree with what the science says should happen, the usefullness of

-none being an obvious case here.

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

I agree with Kip. The trick

with -none is to use enough so that if a woman is ovulating she'll be more attracted to you, but not enough to

repulse her if she's not. It takes experimentation to find that amount for you.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

I think not only is none the most

important mone, it is also the most overated mone.

I'd be willing to bet Perception is more effective on

average than AE/m.

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Interesting comment. What do

you mean by overrated, bjf?
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

people use way too much of

it.

Most successful mixes, its contents will be in the overwhelming minority, and I am not just talking below

50 percent here.

Another thing to keep in mind: Even with a product like NPA or TE, it is still only

half.

Those studies about women being repulsed by none are pretty damn right. They're not going to like it

unless their smell receptors are picking up on other pheromones that send other signals as well. The none can only

be one signal in an overall picture you are painting. I'm convinced it is basically just an aggression

signal.

Without a touch of aggressiveness, however, you are basically not that useful to women (must protect,

hunt). People can see the differences between non none and none mixes are night and day. It is the deal breaker or

maker, unlike any of the others, which you can get away without having on. So that is why I say it is the most

important pheromone out there; just don't over-do it.

Phero Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by bjf
    people use way

too much of it.

Most successful mixes, its contents will be in the overwhelming minority, and I am not just

talking below 50 percent here.

Another thing to keep in mind: Even with a product like NPA or TE, it is still

only half.

Those studies about women being repulsed by none are pretty damn right. They're not going to like it

unless their smell receptors are picking up on other pheromones that send other signals as well. The none can only

be one signal in an overall picture you are painting. I'm convinced it is basically just an aggression signal.

Without a touch of aggressiveness, however, you are basically not to useful to women (must protect, hunt). People

can see, the differences between non none and none mixes are night and day. So that is why I say it is the most

important mone. It is the deal breaker or maker, unlike any of the others.
    interesting way to put it.

Thread Information