Close

Phero Pharaoh

Angry So, you're NOT getting any hits with the pheromones?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Why do you say that?

Yes, YOU! The guy who just wrote the following paragraph

(or something close to it):

I just received my pheromones and they are not working! I didn't get any

hits at all!
    Sound familiar?

I honestly don't know which is worse: the first complaint in a

thread or the attempts to fix the problem by suggesting alternate pheromone products.

How is anyone supposed to

know for sure whether the pheromones failed to do their job? Guys, before you say the pheromones are NOT working,

write down as much as you can remember about every interaction you had with people while you were wearing

pheromones.

And please tell us what you think a hit is supposed to be!

I have read several guys' stories

recently where they provided details on significant hits from girls and the only conclusions that they drew were

that the pheromones were not working because they got no hits.

Frankly, I think the complaints are completely

unjustified because no one knows, the first time they use pheromones, what to look for.

Those wild and crazy hit

stories I write come after almost two years of wearing pheromones and learning to read body language. God only

knows what I was missing in the past. I remember a few years ago I lived next door to a very cute girl, probably at

least ten years younger than me. I wanted so badly to get to know her, but I couldn't tell if she was

interested.

Now, when I think back to the few times we passed as we were getting our mail, she was giving me

MAJOR BUYING SIGNALS. She would stop and talk to me. What an IDIOT I was! I mean, I was a totally blind,

stinking, stupid fool of a moron.

Women used to hit on me all the time, and I never knew it.

So, I am

getting tired of seeing these "I tried the pheromones and got no hits" complaints. Maybe some of them are true, but

unless we get some details, ain't no one can offer any good advice without knowing more. I sure don't think

people here should be suggesting alternative pheromone products to anyone who says they are not getting hits.

Not unless it's a guy who says his first experiment was with copulins or other women's products, and only dogs

and gay guys came after him (no offense intended to our gay community, of course).

Webmaster

Very good post! Well said!

The problem is, most guys

expect a hit to be a woman doing this:

*sniff*

Oooh!

*cling*

...and it just ain't happening. This

isn't Love Potion No. 9, this is an ice-breaker solution. Except this one won't do you much good on your car door

locks in the winter.
    WASSUP!!!!!

At the same time, it is very easy to

use the whole "subtlety" thing as a way of dismissing the bigger issue which is far more difficult to explain: why

some people actually aren't getting hits.

Phero Dude

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Canucky Guy
    The problem

is, most guys expect a hit to be a woman doing this:

*sniff*

Oooh!

*cling*
    You

mean there are some people who aren't getting hits like these all the time?? <incredulous look>

Quote Originally Posted by bjf
    At the same time,

it is very easy to use the whole "subtlety" thing as a way of dismissing the bigger issue which is far more

difficult to explain: why some people actually aren't getting hits.
    This is true, but the fact that Friendly

brought up remains prominent...who is to judge what is a hit and what isn't? If someone is indeed getting hints in

the forms of body language, but they don't speak body language, they'll of course assume it's not working.

Sure, some guys may not get hits, but without an observant eye on the situation and some details/insight into what

is and is not happening, we can't greatly assist in the deduction of why guys aren't getting hits.
    WASSUP!!!!!

Phero Dude

Quote Originally Posted by bjf
    At the same time, it

is very easy to use the whole "subtlety" thing as a way of dismissing the bigger issue which is far more difficult

to explain: why some people actually aren't getting hits.
    It's easier to ignore the problem of POV's

we disagree with by dismissing them with a wave of the hand and a "Feh! Newbies," than it is to do a critical

analysis of what is going on.

Unfortunately, as I'm sure you're well aware, it's impossible to prove a

negative, even given a world of information. What is helpful is what was asked by friendly, namely all details of

interaction. Being men, we're not as naturally tuned into non-verbal signs of attraction. Whether it's a subtle

signal intentionally given, an underlying thought betrayed by a minute response, or an exchange where a woman throws

herself at us as gracefully as her conditioning allows, by default, we're not as skilled on picking up on it as

women. Such knowledge only comes through research, observation, and, most importantly, experience. Absent something

like autism, it can be trained, if you're not one of the minority of men who were born understanding it, so

there's always hope.

Phero Pharaoh

Quote Originally Posted by camusflage
    Unfortunately, as I'm sure you're well aware, it's impossible to prove a negative, even given

a world of information.
    You don't have to prove a negative to show that you are not getting hits.

There are days when I don't get any hits -- hits as I have learned to define them according to my experience.

Non-hit days happen.

The problem is that guys are posting complaints without showing us that the complaints are

valid.

It's equally naive to accept someone else's negative assessment as to write such an assessment of the

failure of pheromone products if all that is written is the equivalent of: "I tried pheromones. They don't work.

I got no hits."

Phero Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Friendly1
    What an IDIOT I

was! I mean, I was a totally blind, stinking, stupid fool of a moron.
    Self-knowledge ist the first step

to improvement!!!!!

Great post by the way! Maybe you should give your absolutely justified critics an slightly

more pleasant packaging ( metaphorically speaking ).
    Though... I enjoy your posts like they are! Perhaps it brings

some newbies back to the ground.

Stranger

The first time I knew

that pheromones might work, is when two separate girls started biting the point where NPA + Cologne was applied.

As to observing what people who you don't know react, it is too difficult to observe that, just approach, worry

later.

Phero Pharaoh

Quote Originally Posted by BabyFace Kazzy
    The first

time I knew that pheromones might work, is when two separate girls started biting the point where NPA + Cologne was

applied.
    As to observing what people who you don't know react, it is too difficult to observe that, just

approach, worry later.
    Guys need to learn to OBSERVE, REMEMBER, and REPORT if they want some good feedback

here.

Pheromones are not a magic love potion. They are one tool in the shed. Guys need to develop their other

skills or they will continue to be disappointed.
    Last edited by belgareth; 09-10-2004 at 01:13 PM.

Man of La Pancha

I think Friendly

misinterpreted what BFK was saying in that post. He was just saying that you should approach a girl instead of

sitting there trying to pick up signals all day. He's right. Most people wait for their cue and never get it. I

believe that Friendly misinterpreted this as to reporting hits on the forum by saying you should pay attention so

you can report more detailed information to the 'pros' for feedback.

Oscar's right about what he said. This

is a forum. If people ask the same questions, so be it. I know I'm not going to read 5,000 posts before asking a

question. It's so much easier to ask, "What's the best for this?" or, "This isn't working." That being said,

the veterans should have a joke going around about this for fun. In fact, I'll start it. Here are a list of

questions you can copy and paste into every "Pheromones didn't work" post. It will take you two seconds and the

pros can make it a running joke. It can be everyone's job to post these questions so we can milk every single

piece of information possible from them. In fact, I'll even put Friendly's name (see #10) in it for inspiring

it:

The Pheromone Help List

1. What are your current biological/psychological/chronological stats

(gender, age, height, weight, race, sexual preference, etc.)
    2. What were your expectations when purchasing

-mones?
    3. What are your current goals for -mone use?
    4. What product did you use?
    5. What dosage did you

use?
    6. Where did you apply?
    7. Are you using a cover scent?
    8. What location are you attending with your -mone

use (home, club, grocery store, friend's basement)?
    9. What actions did you observe?
    10. Are you actively

attempting to be sociable, approachable, and friendly?
    11. Are you presenting yourself in a confident, attractive

manner (putting your best foot forward, so to speak)?
    12. Is there anything we can do to assist you in your success

with pheromones?

We would be happy to provide any assistance! Receiving answers to the above questions allows

us to help you in a more efficient manner!

There. When you get a newbie "this doesn't work" post, copy and

paste. Heck, you can get a million points for posting the same thing to every newbie post...

That took me 5

minutes to make, so feel free to add whatever you feel necessary.

(The following is a joke)

I

found this PM today...I'm not sure what it's about:

Dear Pancho,

Friendly1 is now in charge of newbie hit

report posting and documentation.

Sincerely,

Management

I guess they must have missed you, Oscar!

Just kidding!

King of the coupons!

Howdy, folks! I'm

Mobley57, and every since Bassman and meself got into it (way back when the cavemen were using dinasaurus poop for

mones) because we failed, I think, to remember that people are different and take things differently, I stay clear

of heated discussions. And now, when the Bassman speaks, Mobley listens! Before everybody gets there balls

stuck in their zippers, I'mma wanting to voice my 1 cent worth..... "I" "think" that you have to step back and see

what Friendly is saying, and "NOT" "HOW" how he's saying it. So close you're eyes, take a deep breath, relax, and

think "Is he trying to help, or is he bashing?" If you still come up with he's bashing and not trying to help, in

his kind of way, then I'm all for it...off with his head, dahmit!!!! I'll even hold him by his pinky toe while you

behead him with the rusted butter knife! That is a joke by the way. Friendly, I speak for NO

ONE but MESELF...I like your post, even when served with a bucket of ice!
    Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

Quote Originally Posted by MOBLEYC57
    "I" "think" that

you have to step back and see what Friendly is saying, and "NOT" "HOW" how he's saying it.
    Never mind.

Pancho said it better than I did.

[Edited]

-Bass
    somewhere between amused and obsessed...

Friendly,

Clearly, nobody

wants you to leave and nobody (not even Oscar :-) ) is trying to pick a fight with you. In fact, your point here is

extremely well taken and nobody who has been around for a while doubts that for a second, but... (of course there

had to be a but) your tone is kind of intense to the point where whomever might be on the receiving end of your

advice is likely to end up with a bloody nose. Now, I'll speak entirely for myelf as the forum admin and shop

owner: those folks are generallly going to be newbies whose relationship with the forum is at a very tender stage

and a bonk on the noggin like that could send them away.

Friendly, I owe you big time for some meritorious

service you did out on the wild and wooly internet for me, and the last thing I want to do is offend you. I

wouldn't even want you to stop with this line of "advice"; just maybe take the intensity down a notch or two and we

can all remain one big happy family. At least that's the way I like to think of us all anyway.

Best

Regards,
    Bruce
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene
    Fair Trade crafts from Peru

I myself enjoy the forums as a

guide to see what I can change and learn from other expiriences. I know I'm a newbie but thru the forums I find the

banter going on quite enjoyable. Think I'm addicted to the forums . You people on here though I haven't

actually met ya. seem like a great bunch of people. I have learned to respect others opinions and evaulate them as

pertaining to me.

Friendly I don't know you but you seem to be knowledgeable and I enjoy the comments that you

post. Keep up the good work

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

I think friendly's point is a

great one -- as long as someone is able to take it in a light, humorous, "I'm just pretending to be angry" way (not

that I never get angry on the forum). Realistically, most people aren't going to document the heck out of

things, but posts are more helpful the more they document. But it is important that newbies get super encouraged to

use the forum, as that's better for all of us and good for business.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Thread Information