Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

visit-red-300x50PNG
    That glass ceiling is slowly

dissolving...women are getting an equal share (and in some cases, the lion's share) to do the same job a man

does.

And it's partly to do with the fact that they, on average, score higher on their SATs.
    WASSUP!!!!!

Phero Enthusiast

wow...really educational

posts indeedy, but uh...how did we go from countering the natural mones of my 19yr girl roommate with lovescent

products to the current power distribution of the sexes in the work place..??

life,

Okay back to your

question...what about over-sanatizing the whole apartment so as to negate any and all mones altogether? Give her a

strong antipersperant for starters lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TRock
    it depends on the

standards of the school. i'm pretty sure state schools have a higher percentage of hot girls that say an ivy league

school. generally speaking hot girls have better social lives and spend more time partying then studying. and

remember hot girls=9, 10 while good looking girls=7,8.

What T-Rock said. Party schools are

more likely
    to attract students concerned more about their social lives than a school that is primarily

academic (northwestern for ex). Better looking people normally are more likely to have better social

lives, which leads them to have different priorities in high school, and in turn choosing a school.

No one is

arguing the difference between looks in students and non-students Gegogi, that was never brought into the picture.

I'm sure a big state school such as Hawaii attracts better looking women than non students, as non students are

more likely to come from lower income segments of the population.

In that case, I'd argue their are more

beasts among the lower class than middle and upper (sorry), which would drain the hot or not scores of the

non-student segment.

Phero Pharaoh

I don't see how

over-satanizing an apartment is going to counteract a 19-year-old girl's natural ability to attract the interest of

an older man. I don't think religion should even be brought into this.

Phero Dude

Quote Originally Posted by lifetransform
    wow...really

educational posts indeedy, but uh...how did we go from countering the natural mones of my 19yr girl roommate with

lovescent products to the current power distribution of the sexes in the work place..??
    tough

situation to be in lol. i think this is every guy's fantasy. maybe it's just a guy being a guy. any guy living

with a good looking girl would have thoughts of having sex with her. me and all the guys i know would have sex with

any good looking girls we come in contact with.

Man of La Pancha

Quote Originally Posted by bjf
    What T-Rock said.

Party schools are more likely to attract students concerned more about their social lives than a school that

is primarily academic (northwestern for ex). Better looking people normally are more likely to have better

social lives
    , which leads them to have different priorities in high school, and in turn choosing a school.

No one is arguing the difference between looks in students and non-students Gegogi, that was never brought into

the picture. I'm sure a big state school such as Hawaii attracts better looking women than non students, as non

students are more likely to come from lower income segments of the population.

In that case, I'd argue their

are more beasts among the lower class than middle and upper (sorry), which would drain the hot or not scores of the

non-student segment.
    Psychological experiments have actually suggested that things like social ability,

depression, etc. (things related to social lives) have no correlation with attractiveness.

This is one the most

unintuitive findings I've seen in psychology, but apparently there's strong evidence to suggest it.

It is,

however, a psychological fact that attractive people are perceived to have better social lives, be smarter,

do things better, and make better ________(insert friends, workers, lovers, public speakers, whatever)________ than

less attractive people.

I repeat: being attractive does not automatically make you popular. It does

not automatically make you happy. It does not automatically make you better than anyone else.

However, everyone thinks it does. Weird.

Have you seen all the studies that

say beautiful people are more likely to be deemed as trustworthy, likeable, smart etc blah blah blah??

As for

the automatics, who cares about those, really does not come into play with regards to the hard schools having a

lesser looking chicks.

Pancho, you went to Penn State, don't complain my boy

Phero Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho1188
    Psychological experiments have actually suggested that things like social ability, depression,

etc. (things related to social lives) have no correlation with attractiveness.

This is one the most unintuitive

findings I've seen in psychology, but apparently there's strong evidence to suggest it.
    what the

hell? this idea is unintuitive up the yingyang, where did u read this study? i'd love to take a look at it for

myself.

Man of La Pancha

Quote Originally Posted by bjf
    Have you seen all

the studies that say beautiful people are more likely to be deemed as trustworthy, likeable, smart etc blah blah

blah??

As for the automatics, who cares about those, really does not come into play with regards to the hard

schools having a lesser looking chicks.

Pancho, you went to Penn State, don't complain my boy
    Hey,

I didn't say a thing about my school...

Yes, I have seen them. Everyone thinks highly of beautiful

people. No doubt about that. However, that doesn't make them above things like difficulty in the social realm. I

know some beautiful girls I'd rather never see again because they were just annoying...

Light travels faster

than sound...proven by the fact that some people look nice, intelligent, etc. until you hear them speak...

As for which schools have attractive girls, researchers (aka magazine reporters who want a good story) believe

that climate, difficulty, location, party scene, and various other factors contribute to 'good-looking' schools.

In regards to the studies...well, I don't have the references with me, but a few of my classes at PSU showed the

results of the studies that liste factors that did and did not contribute to depression, loneliness,

etc...attractiveness was never an determinant factor.

All of this, as bjf said, has nothing to do with whether a

school is hot or not, but I just wanted to correct a major error in regards to psychology.

If you have a hard

time believing this, think about money. People think that if they had money, they would be happier, better off,

etc. Studies show that this isn't true. Rich people are just as likely to be miserable as everyone else. Is it

so far-fetched as to apply that to attractiveness?

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Friendly1
    I don't see

how over-satanizing an apartment is going to counteract a 19-year-old girl's natural ability to attract the

interest of an older man. I don't think religion should even be brought into this.
    Then why did you mention

SATAN?
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Phero Pharaoh

what the

hell? this idea is unintuitive up the yingyang, where did u read this study? i'd love to take a look at it for

myself.
    I don't remember where I have seen it, but I have seen an article which reported on the

study (or one like it) which found that the more physically attractive (in fact, symmetrical) a person is,

the more likely strangers are to like, trust, and want to be with that person.

The same principle was generally

held true for both genders. Either that study or a similar one found that symmetrical people were more likely to

get better paying jobs, be given breaks by the law, found innocent by juries, etc.

A new study just released

suggests that asymmetrical people are more likely to engage in aggressive behavior than symmetrical people. The new

study found that a group of volunteers who had been carefully measured for symmetrical featured reacted predictably

but in opposite ways (based on gender) when tested.

The test consisted of having the volunteers call people

seeking donations for some charitable cause. The people being called were in fact researchers who replied with one

of two scripts: one was aggressive and one was passive.

Men quickly hung up on the aggressive researchers but

got angry with the passive researchers. The more asymmetrical the men were, the easier they were to anger.

Women hung up on the passive researchers more quickly but became angrier with the aggressive researchers. The

asymmetrical women still became angrier than the symmetrical women.

The researchers suggested more study was

necessary, as they could not rule out all factors. For example, men might have hung up on aggressive researchers

sooner simply because they are more used to dealing with aggressive.

Also, symmetrical people may be used to

being better treated in generall, so they may be more tolerant of annoyances.

I think it's still mostly

hypotheses requiring further research. But these kinds of studies do suggest some interesting things about how

people can change their lives.

For example, if you are physically asymmetrical, you can dress more symmetrically,

or perhaps use some cosmetic techniques to downplay your asymmetry.

If you are physically symmetrical, you can

anticipate how people will react to you based on their symmetry (or asymmetry) and adjust your behavior in

negotiating positions. Of course, there is a certain amount of risk-taking involved, and you cannot rely on one

factor to influence whomever you are dealing with.

Phero Pharaoh

Quote Originally Posted by DrSmellThis
    Then why did

you mention SATAN?
    Oh, was someone talking about SANITIZING an apartment? Mea culpa.

Oh, was someone

talking about SANITIZING an apartment? Mea culpa.
    Satanizing works, too, though the skulls, candles,

and small animals can get expensive. (Not to mention all those King Diamond CDs!)
    If a guy's a cocksucker in his life, when he dies, he don't become a saint. - Morris Levy, Hitmen

Holmes' Theme Song

I'm sure a big state

school such as Hawaii attracts better looking women than non students, as non students are more likely to come from

lower income segments of the population.
    Women attend a paticular school based on diverse reasons. Chief

among them is convenience--e.g., they live & work in the area--not stats on hotness, parties or even academic

excellence. Furthermore, female "hotness" is not limited by educational, social, racial or ecomonic barriers. There

are plenty of attractive women from "lower" social classes, the barrios, ghettos, factory towns, et al. Being an

exceptionally well fed and provided for woman doesn't foster beauty or senuality beyond that of a less fortunate

woman.
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

Quote Originally Posted by Gegogi
    There are plenty of

attractive women from "lower" social classes, the barrios, ghettos, factory towns, et al. Being an exceptionally

well fed and provided for woman doesn't foster beauty or senuality beyond that of a less fortunate

woman.
    Thanks for clearing that UP!

You're welcome. Stereotyping

female behavior and/or appearance based on education, socioeconomic status, race or national origin is never a good

policy and will usually lead to misunderstanding and strife.

i've heard about this stuff

before, as well. however, what i find difficult is the fact that i don't really know of that many people who are

noticeably asymmetrical. i mean, when i think of my family, my friends, the kids who go to my school, i can't think

of a single person who is noticeably asymmetrical, unless you're counting something like the person has a mole on

one side of the face but doesn't have a mole on the other side. Is that what they mean when they say

"asymmetrical"?

I don't remember where I have seen it, but I have seen an article which

reported on the study (or one like it) which found that the more physically attractive (in fact, symmetrical)

a person is, the more likely strangers are to like, trust, and want to be with that person.

The same principle

was generally held true for both genders. Either that study or a similar one found that symmetrical people were more

likely to get better paying jobs, be given breaks by the law, found innocent by juries, etc.

A new study just

released suggests that asymmetrical people are more likely to engage in aggressive behavior than symmetrical people.

The new study found that a group of volunteers who had been carefully measured for symmetrical featured reacted

predictably but in opposite ways (based on gender) when tested.

The test consisted of having the volunteers call

people seeking donations for some charitable cause. The people being called were in fact researchers who replied

with one of two scripts: one was aggressive and one was passive.

Men quickly hung up on the aggressive

researchers but got angry with the passive researchers. The more asymmetrical the men were, the easier they were to

anger.

Women hung up on the passive researchers more quickly but became angrier with the aggressive researchers.

The asymmetrical women still became angrier than the symmetrical women.

The researchers suggested more study was

necessary, as they could not rule out all factors. For example, men might have hung up on aggressive researchers

sooner simply because they are more used to dealing with aggressive.

Also, symmetrical people may be used to

being better treated in generall, so they may be more tolerant of annoyances.

I think it's still mostly

hypotheses requiring further research. But these kinds of studies do suggest some interesting things about how

people can change their lives.

For example, if you are physically asymmetrical, you can dress more

symmetrically, or perhaps use some cosmetic techniques to downplay your asymmetry.

If you are physically

symmetrical, you can anticipate how people will react to you based on their symmetry (or asymmetry) and adjust your

behavior in negotiating positions. Of course, there is a certain amount of risk-taking involved, and you cannot rely

on one factor to influence whomever you are dealing with.

Phero Pharaoh

Definitions of symmetry

probably vary, but I would say that the more noticeable the differences are between one side and the other, the less

symmetrical a person becomes. You would have to expect a lot of variation and sutlety.

I still think a beta Chik/NPA

combo deal would be a good idea.
    </offtopic>
    WASSUP!!!!!

Phero Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Canucky Guy
    I still

think a beta Chik/NPA combo deal would be a good idea.
    </offtopic>
    what the...

Wrong thread, and it's too

late to delete it...>.>
    WASSUP!!!!!

Phero Enthusiast

haha.....

Man of La Pancha

I'm pretty asymmetrical...my

one eye is slightly higher than the other...and I have freckles and asymmetrical wrinkles...I'm pretty much

screwed.

Phero Pro

I

have chosen the 'LOL' smile, but it seems there's a bug...

Pancho writes, "I'm

pretty asymmetrical...my one eye is slightly higher than the other...and I have freckles and asymmetrical

wrinkles...I'm pretty much screwed."
    Not! Most women--at least after the school of hard knocks--go for

character over looks anyway. Besides, everybody is asymmetrical if you look close enough. Heck, even my privates are

crooked...

Phero Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Gegogi
    Not! Most

women--at least after the school of hard knocks--go for character over looks anyway. Besides, everybody is

asymmetrical if you look close enough. Heck, even my privates are crooked...
    that is true to a certain extent

that women focus more on character after a certain age, IF u pass her initial apperance test.

Phero Pharaoh

Older women do tend to be less

picky about appearance than younger women. But older women are more likely to have had their children, and

according to evolutionary biology theory-whatever, people who haven't yet had their children are more likely to

look for certain traits that become less important after they have become parents.

Something like that.

Anyway, symmetry is supposedly an evolutionary preference as it implies better health and thus a greater

probability of healthy offspring.

that is true

to a certain extent that women focus more on character after a certain age, IF u...
    ...look like her

father.

Or Ricardo Montalban.
    If a guy's a cocksucker in his life, when he dies, he don't become a saint. - Morris Levy, Hitmen

Holmes' Theme Song

cuddlebear

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho1188
    I'm pretty

asymmetrical...my one eye is slightly higher than the other...and I have freckles and asymmetrical wrinkles...I'm

pretty much screwed.
    Well, as long as you're pretty much screwed, appearances aren't too

much of a problem

Sorry, I couldn't resist ...

On the actual subject of the thread, I never even

thought of phero products as a way of becoming immune to the "feminine wiles" and have not noticed that they work

that way, but it's a great subject for a thread so I'm glad it was brought up

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread Information