Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Very interesting, surfs

up!

The seduction system I've been using for the last few months, Nonverbal Sexual Cuing, stresses working

on voice (resonance, tempo, pausing). I guess I should take that part of it a little more seriously.

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man of La Pancha

Surfs Up:

Are these

effects permanent? For example, if you quit training, would you return to normal? Obviously, you would see no

additional benefit, but does your mind literally change its abilities forever after a certain point? For example,

after being in a culture for a long enough time, you adopt the accent. However, in some types of speech or when

you're tired or lazy or drunk, you'll see a relapse into old, bad habits. I notice that when I start joking

around about trash talking, my voice goes straight "ghetto" and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between

me and a thug. I'm not sure how that happened, actually. Anyway, I just wanted to know because I've been

interested in voice coaching since my voice really sucks...but I wouldn't want to train and then have it go back to

the way it was...the human brain can make permanent changes as if you were always like that, but at the same time

can easily relapse. Any thoughts?

Phero Enthusiast

Talking that all depends on a multitude of factors

I guess this first thing is that you learn what causes a voice to communicate an emotional "tone". A

good teacher understands how the larynx operates as a coordinated set of muscles. The average person doesn't know

which throat muscles do what or how. When you have become educated about muscle use you could leave off your

training and regardless you would know what parts of your voice mechanism have become weak, what you would need to

do to get it back. Typically, one doesn't know about the coordinations that make good voices sound the way that

they do.

It is important, actually it is essential, to find a teacher you like personally and enjoy working

with. If there isn't a good rapport you won't get the interest level you need to make progress.

In another

way, I think you'll find that good (read: socially productive, fortune enhancing) behaviors are self encouraging.

If you begin to do something well, and maybe you were never aware of how your life was being controlled by this

skill or lack of it, your life starts to change so you receive major positive feedback to do more of what is

bringing you luck. Quick example: I went to the store today to buy some winter clothes. The customer in front of me

was being a flaming prick. The cashier was in a vile mood when I stepped up to the register. I started talking to

her lightly about the labels, nothing of any profound depth. I could watch her relax and get back into her positive

groove so she was pretty OK by the time we were done. If I had been in my old tone she may have been more bent out

of shape and I would have been walking around thinking how was it that so many people are perpetually bent out of

shape, when they were reacting to my unconsciousness about my tone. It is finally dawning on me why I had a hard

time connecting with girls when I was younger, I sounded like a perpetually irate, narrow minded, white trash hick

and nobody wanted to know from my sensitive inner self. Powerful stuff you're working with here. Do not

underestimate. Will it be the blue pill or will it be the red pill ?

Phero Enthusiast

Where do you find teachers

for this sort of voice training? What does it normally run?
    Blessed are the cross-eyed, for they shall see God twice.
    Products I own: AE/m, APC/m, NPA/m, TE/m, SPMO, SOE/m, WAGG, Perception, EW, Chikara

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeStudent
    Where do you

find teachers for this sort of voice training? What does it normally run?
    My voice coach (I'm a semipro

singer, among my other problems) is $50/hr, same as I get for bass lessons.

-Bass
    somewhere between amused and obsessed...

can you write it off?

Phero Enthusiast

Talking my teacher charges $60 per hour

was lucky to find him. Unusually talented man, totally devoted to his craft. I had called around and spoke with one

studio that handled the schedule for a name teacher, I should be grateful to work with her, she was so in demand you

have no idea, bla bla bla. After some hard questions with the usual back and fourth she came off like a self

important but needy headcase. Then I called around and found the guy who is probably 300% better than Wonder Woman

and he was asking $60. Promptly blew off the prima donna... like, how dare I ?

BTW, check out this guy Seth

Riggs. A number of hot voice teachers suggest him as back up material. You NEED a good teacher to correct your bad

habits, learn skills in the correct order, all that basic groundwork. Riggs is still great supplemental

work.

http://www.singing.com/vocaltraining.htm

Stranger

Friendly1,

Thanks for

bringing me back to reality! I'm 42, recently back in the 'game', and I had forgotten about the things you

mentioned in your post. I remember, in my 30's, of how I used confidence and some balls to get phone numbers, dates

and, subsequently, relationships. Sometimes I just wanted a one-nighter, and confidence and a spine was all it took.

Now 'mones have been added to the mix to help out, but you can't rely on just those. Thanks again, Friendly1, for

bringing it all back to me!

Quote Originally Posted by surfs_up
    Then I called

around and found the guy who is probably 300% better than Wonder Woman and he was asking $60.
    Can I ask

where you live (a generalization is fine)? I intend to retire from writing after a bit and make my living teaching

bass; I am always curious about places that pay better than where I live.

$50/hr is on the high end here.

-Bass
    somewhere between amused and obsessed...

Well men are not the only ones

with low self eesteem and self confidence.. I am just ashamed at myself that it took me 43 years to find it..LOL

Everyone has a different outlook on life, and how they view it.. no one persons view is ever the same as anothers.

You have to take from life what it gives you, and make the best of it..

Stranger

Self-confidence is extremely

hard to come by, and I only really acquired it in my last relationship. It's all too true that they won't listen

to you, but when they finally realise the truth of what you said, they'll be kicking themselves in the behind.

Repeatedly.

Something someone told me once, that I'd like to append to your advice. "Events never ruin one's

life, they only change it. And, as with any change, those changes aren't permanent." Think about that a lot, until

you really believe it. It's more true than most people think.

I'm almost done here... I just wanted to say

that I count myself very lucky in that I've learned these lessons and more before the age of nineteen. I don't

think I particularly need pheros to get women, but it's a nice enhancement for my natural charms. For example,

today I met up with a female friend whom I find very attractive, and applied half of one of the Chikara gel packs I

got in my Newbie Kit. We went back to her place and watched a movie, after which she promptly pounced me and started

kissing me. We're going to a halloween party this weekend together, and I suppose we're officially going out. I

love those Chikara packs, and actually ordered eighteen of them a few minutes ago. Frankly, Bruce is the man.

Oh, and if there's any question... yes, I'm only eighteen.

Livin' the life of Riley

Thumbs up

Bump to this old post. It's a

good one, and is still applicable to many of the threads started here.

Riley

hey thanks Friendly1, great

subject that I have been overlooking I will definately look into these links for info and some self help on speaking

and voice tone.Any more advice appreciated.
    Flash1

Phero Enthusiast

Wink Now you positively gotta check this one out

there is a behavioral consulting company in New York City called First Impressions. Among their

services they have a dating simulation. A psychologist meets with you in a public area, a restaurant or something,

and you have a pretend date for two or three hours. Then the psychologist prepares you a detailed report of your

communication styles, strengths, weaknesses and which specific behaviors, attitudes, personal approaches are

hindering the way other potential (mates, girl/boyfriends, hookups, business associates, and so on) will perceive

you IN SPITE OF how you believe you are perceived. I read their book where they detail the long list of behaviors we

have that we think are sending positive or neutral signals that are in fact turning people off, shutting down

communication, running the interaction into the ground.... I guess the take home message is that the great majority

of us don't have high quality feedback that will let us fine tune our presentation, and that many of us suffer life

long "social underachievement" as a direct result.... and that's a horrifying thought...

here ya go

:

http://www.firstimpressionsconsultin...es/dating.html

As far as what a woman wants in a

man, I think it depends on the woman and the situation. One size does not fit all. Some women want to be your mama

and run your life (I flee from those). Others like independence. Still others just want to get banged and have fun,

not wanting or expecting emotional involvement or comittment. How you respond to those female needs depends on your

desires and goals. I say go with what feels good and is right for you. Everyone is different. Thank God for that,

otherwise life would be really dull if we were all the same. So, if you're a mama's boy, let her take care of you.

If you're a lone wolf with an occasional itch that needs scratching, bang and run!
    Last edited by Gegogi; 03-20-2005 at 11:52 PM.
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread Information