Close

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Talking Pheros Natural Cologne for Men: Public Release!

visit-red-300x50PNG
    First, thanks to everyone who experimented with Pheros and provided feedback during the special

introductory release, which was for forum members only! I'm happy for those who found it useful and enjoyble!

Now Bruce and I are excited to be releasing Pheros to the general public! Pheros is made,

bottled and packaged by hand.

The first idea with Pheros was to make available numerous ingredients

important for the science of attraction that folks might not be able to obtain elsewhere, due to price and/or

availablility. Many of these ingredients are rare, expensive (some moreso than gold!) and precious. These are the

natural pheromonal substances and aphrodisiacs from the ancient traditions of perfuming. Plus, I added very small

amounts of almost all the available Love-Scent laboratory pheromones, as well as several fragrant analog pheromones

from the excessively secretive field of perfume chemistry (synthesized from natural substances). The inclusion of

these different kinds of ingredients makes the effect more human, and well-rounded. It also deliberately aims to

work through regular smell, as opposed to the VNO. (That is not to say that nothing in Pheros triggers the

VNO.)

Second, I wanted to make a very nice, natural woody/musky cologne for men! Pheros is an alternative

to synthetic perfumes, which make up the vast majority of commercially available scents. As it turns out,

many women have enjoyed it as well, and some of it's most ardent users have been female. There is no reason for

this not to be the case. No natural fragrant substance is truly sex-specific, as far as we know.

This is a

broad based approach, sort of similar to natural medicine as compared to standard health care. I felt someone should

do something like this, since there are hundreds of potential pheromones and we have had access to relatively few of

them here. So these 150 or so ingredients were compounded into a natural cologne for men, a drop-by drop process

which took 15 months for the beta version. The resulting cologne smells woody, musky and spicy, and can be used for

the smell; the active ingredients; or both. Some (like me) also use it for the "stress-reducing" wearer effects. A

lot of aromatherapy principles also went into the creation of Pheros.

Through ten years of pheromone

use, perfuming practice, and exposure to many aphrodisiac substances not offered at Love-Scent, I came to believe

that combining natural with synthetic laboratory approaches was superior to either approach used

alone. This product, especially when combined with other products, enables you to enjoy the best of both worlds.

Pheros was made with the love-scent community in mind, after a few years' experience as a member in the

forum, to supplement and complete people's use of the synthetic pheromones products offered here at Love Scent.

I suppose you could call this the first official release, since the other one was technically a beta. This new

release of Pheros will be limited to 500 bottles in three batches, as I finish hand-bottling them. This is

the second and largest of the three releases of this product, which cannot be re-manufactured! The fragrance has

matured a bit since the beta release. The updated version is basically the same, but smells a bit mellower, woodier

and muskier, and contains significantly more of the core, active ingredients.

Pheros has a marbled,

"carmel-swirl ice-cream" appearance. This is normal, and has to do with being an unfiltered, natural product without

chemical emulsifiers or solvents (just natural ethanol). For example, I added whole valerian root; so there is a bit

of root residue. So please shake 3-4 times before using. Also, please store away from strong heat or direct

sunlight, as natural fragrant substances are vulnerable to heat and light.

I'll be happy to answer any

questions you all have about the product, and address all feedback as best I can.

Pheros is available

here:

http://love-scent.com/product_info.php/products_id/70

Last edited by DrSmellThis; 08-21-2004 at 11:56 AM.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Stranger

How long should a bottle of

Pheros keep if kept in ideal conditions?

Good question. The rule of

thumb for perfumes is a year, but I don't know specifically in the case of Pheros, since it's a new,

natural, one time product. I do know that staying with the storage recommendations will help.
    Last edited by DrSmellThis; 08-21-2004 at 12:04 PM.

BDC Concepts Chemo (BDC Concepts)'s Avatar

Very cool product

DST! Getting back to the natural roots and the basics of fragrance engineering will surely prove a good approach to

pheromone products.

Congratulations on your official release and I look forward to getting a

bottle!

Bobby

Phero Dude

I'm eagerly awaiting my bottle

since I missed out on the first beta offering...

There was a lot of good buzz on the beta version so I'm

glad that its being offered again...

Were really lucky to have so many innovative minds within the Pheromone

Community creating new products...

First Chikara, then Perception & now P H E R O S all being released

within a few months of each other.

Here again are the cross

references for further information about Pheros:

http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9891

http://www.pherolibrary.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9808

Phero Dude

Did Pheros get shipped today?

Quote Originally Posted by metroman
    Did Pheros get

shipped today?
    Yes, it did.

Bruce
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene
    Fair Trade crafts from Peru

Will Pheros blend well with

scented pheromone products like Chikara? I am eager to try out a bottle but the only thing that is holding me back

is how well it will mix with my now normal pheromone rotation. Nevertheless, the blend sounds quite intoxicating,

in a good way of course.

BaseB, after you posted that I

tried the combo. My opinion was that the combo is nice, and that Pheros underneath the Chikara was better

than the other way around. The two products should enhance each other chemically. Pheros was designed with

mixing in mind. NPA and Edge/sandalwood have been the favorite mixers so far, but there are lots of possible good

scenarios. A1 would probably be good to wear with it, as would Perception.

& Double Naught Spy InternationalPlayboy's Avatar

I've tried Pheros

with Chikara and thought they blended well too.

Great, I'd love to give it a

try.

Wink The (lack of) rules for applying "Pheros"

Folks will be able to get the most out of Pheros if they know how it is a

unique type of product.

For example, it is intended to be like a "hygiene enhancer", or "human body musk

enhancer", and not just a cologne. Pheros is different from other perfumes or colognes in that, in addition

to traditional perfume application points, it can be applied to "taboo" areas of the body, such as armpits and even

crotches, to achieve different natural biochemical interaction effects.

This is a unique product

that way, because its natural ingredients are designed to blend with and enhance one's body chemistry, not compete

with it or disguise it. (Synthetic body sprays like Axe don't do this either.) In general, using a little bit

spread around the body takes advantage of these alternate qualities.

Pheros also avoids heavy citrus or

"green" notes that can sour when applied to sweaty areas. It instead contains more woods, spices, and natural musks

which are similar to and blend with our natural body smells.

May people with fairly clean, healthy pores should

even be able to use it in place of deodorant after a shower. It will add back a little of the natural

animalistic scent lost from the shower! The idea is to smell clean and human but never overly sanitary (like the

back of an ambulance ). It can also be used over a little sandalwood, amber or patchouli, for those who already

use essential oils in place of deodorants.

These uses are by design. So experiment away! Of course,

Pheros is also well and good to use just like any other cologne.
    Last edited by DrSmellThis; 08-18-2004 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemo (BDC

Concepts)
    Very cool product DST! Getting back to the natural roots and the basics of fragrance engineering will

surely prove a good approach to pheromone products.

Congratulations on your official release and I look forward

to getting a bottle!

Bobby
    I appreciate the words of support, Bobby. We're all working toward the same

goal here, "social empowerment", whether or not we make pheromones. It's cool to see different people (such as

yourself) participating with their ideas and new products.

Default RE: The Strength of Pheros/Dilution methods for the new Pheros

Pheros, Enhanced Version
    Product

Facts:

To those wondered about increased strength with the new Pheros, yes it is stronger, in

two ways!

The amount of concentrate per bottle has increased a full 25%. (Yes, that means 25% less of the

product will be available in the long term; but artistic considerations won out.) Plus, the concentrate itself is

stronger, as I added significantly more core pheromonal substances since the beta phase, one of which was new (yet

another rich musky substance!).

So you are getting well over 25% more product for the same price, as compared

to the beta version. Overall, the scent matured and mellowed a little bit, however, so it shouldn't smell

hugely stronger -- just fuller, bigger, deeper, and more present.

If some of you want to make your own

Pheros After Shave, all you need is filtered water and an extra container to dilute it 2:1 or 3:1! I do this

myself, as I love to wear it on my face for the mood and stress reduction benefits.

Pheros affictionados

should also be aware that this official release version has 2ml less alcohol per 18ml bottle than the beta!

This refinement enhances the smell, optimizes dissolution of the ingredients, and should reduce transdermal

absorption of the active ingredients when worn on the skin. (Thanks for the idea, Chemo! Just tryin' to keep up

with the times a little!).
    Last edited by DrSmellThis; 08-21-2004 at 05:40 PM.

& Double Naught Spy InternationalPlayboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrSmellThis

If some of you want to make your own Pheros After Shave, all you need is filtered water to dilute it and

an extra container! I do this myself, as I love to wear it on my face for the mood and stress reduction

benefits.

I don't shave daily due to skin irritation. I have a beard and shave my neck once

a week, unless I'm going out where I want to be more presentable. (I work with a bunch of guys as a technician, so

I don't care about being presentable to them.) Due to the irritation, I've cut down on aftershaves and have

started using skin lotion instead. One thing I do with Pheros is take a drop or two and mix it with unscented

lotion, which I apply after shaving and spread whatever I have left over the face and/or upper body.

Bump for Mobley -- some info

about applying is above.

Phero Dude

this stuff is strong. i just

recieved pheros today. i put it on before the gym. i left the gym with a soaking wet tshirt so you know i sweated

alot, but i could still smell the 2 dabs i put on after the gym. took a shower using a exfoliating bar soap and i

can still faintly smell pheros i think. it has kind of a grown up smell to it, but hey i'll still use it if i get

results. there wasn't that many women at the gym today so i didn't bother to pay attention to other people around

me.

Thread Information