Close

Post Arcade & Store FAQ

visit-red-300x50PNG
    In the Love

Scent Arcade, you'll find over a dozen games for you to choose and play from. In order to play, however, you will

need points. Just about every game costs 20 points to play per game. The two exceptions are Seal Bounce and Snake,

which each cost 10 points to play. Points themselves are not hard to come by. You can easily make 20 pts. by

either starting a couple of your own threads in the Love Scent Forum, or you can make several posts to other

people's threads, and that's all it takes. (B.T.W, I would suggest trying to start your own threads because for

every person who views or posts in your thread, you will automatically get some points; basically, you get paid

residuals.)

If you can save up 1000 points, you can also buy yourself an arcade pass, which allows you to

play all the games in the arcade for free. While I believe the pass will expire at some point, it is worth it if

you plan to play a lot of games.

Most of the jackpots for each game are at least 500 points. If you can

beat out the highest (1st place) score in any game, you will win the jackpot. Once someone beats out the high

score, that person gets all the points in the jackpot, and the jackpot resets to 500 points. If you finish in 2nd

place, I believe you get about 45-50% of the jackpot points. If you finish in 3rd place, I think it's about 30%.

(If anyone can clarify this, please do). The jackpot will not reset if you finish in 2nd or 3rd place. If you play

a game and you do not finish in the top 3, not only will you lose the points that you used to play the game, but you

will also add 20-25 additional points to the jackpot, depending on the game.

By finishing in the top 3 in the

arcade or by posting in the forum, you can make enough points to buy all sorts of things. On the 5th tab starting

from you left on the top of the page, you will see an icon that says "Store." Here, you can use your accumulated

points to buy all sorts of goodies. Click on the word "Store" and then click on the word "Actions" in order to see

what you can buy in better detail.

If you do not want to do anything with your points, you can also save

them in the bank. Click on "Store," and right below the uShop menu, you should see the word "Bank." Once you click

on that, you can either choose to deposit your points, or withdraw points already in your account. I would

recommend keeping your points in the bank if you're not going to use them because there is a 2% daily interest if

you keep them in the bank. Of course, no one will know how many points you have if you keep it in the bank, which

can be good or bad depending on your own preference.

One important thing about making interest in your

points bank account: You cannot deposit or withdraw points from your bank account for 24 hours if you want to make

interest. If you decide to deposit or withdraw, you will have to wait another 24 hours before you can gain

interest. So my tip to all you users is to deposit or withdraw at relatively the same time everyday.

So

that just about does it. If I can think of anything else to add, I will. Other than that, have a great time on

this forum!
    Last edited by hotrocks5; 08-17-2004 at 02:54 AM.

Just to update on the the

arcade passes: They expire 2 weeks after the day you buy them. Once it expires, in order to play, you will either

have to buy another pass or pay a certain amount of points per game.

Hotrocks,

Thanks for the FAQ.

I didn't know most of that stuff myself. :-) I figured the arcade pass was good for a year. I'll have to check

into that. 1000 points is a lot to pay for 2 weeks.

Bruce
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene
    Fair Trade crafts from Peru

That's what I thought too.

That means you have to play over 100 games of Seal Bounce or Snake (or over 50 of the other games) in a span of 2

weeks in order for it to be worth it. If you can change it so it will last a year, I'm sure it would be much

appreciated.

Journeyman

hey hot rocks, i think you have

a few extra points to go around, throw some my way bro!!!!lol

King of the coupons!

Default Helpa me...pleeezey!

Can someone

tell me why...each time I click on "click here to play" it kicks me out to the....
    "You need to register in

order to play in the Arcade. Click here to register."

...page? Thank ya.
    Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

Maybe try logging out and then

logging in again?

Don Dio

That sounds like a cookie

problem. Maybe you blocked a cookie?

That happened to me back when I

was using a bookmarked link with the numbers instead of "love-scent.com" Could also be a cookie problem like

dundio suggests. You could clear your cookies, but that could be a pain in the ass to log on to all of your sites

again, so I would try other things first.

King of the coupons!

Thanks, ya'll!
    Never argue with ignorant people! They pull you down to THEIR level, and then they BEAT YOU with experience. Who said that!? I don't know, but tis gold I tell'ya!!

King of the coupons!

Einstein is the winner!

Now, what's wrong when the game doesn't come up, but there's a little tiny square box in to top left corner,

with a red square, a blue triangle, and a green circle in it?

Appreciate the help...lots!

Journeyman

thats why they call him

einstein.........

Quote Originally Posted by MOBLEYC57
    Einstein is

the winner!

Now, what's wrong when the game doesn't come up, but there's a little tiny square box

in to top left corner, with a red square, a blue triangle, and a green circle in it?

Appreciate the

help...lots!
    I'm not really sure, but maybe you don't have macromedia flash player

installed or you need a newer version..

Try installing or updating from this link:

http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/...ShockwaveFlash

Hope that

works, if not let us know

King of the coupons!

Quote Originally Posted by TheViking
    I'm not really

sure, but maybe you don't have macromedia flash player installed or you need a newer version..

Try installing

or updating from this link:

http://www.macromedi

a.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

Hope that works, if not let us know

Thanks, ya Viking! But it didn't work either, in fact, I went to the page, and there was

that same little square box with its three little friends inside waving and laughing at me, damnit! I even

click the download button, and after two minutes...nothing. There were two boxes, and if I had to guess,

they were where pictures was suppose to be.

Top of the morning to ya! Be well!

Hallois

I just

downloaded the installer file and put it on my own server. You should be able to download it from

here:
    http://www.saue.no/downloads/flashplayer7installer.exe

Just choose to save the file to a

location on your computer and then start the installation from there.

Again, let me know if it doesn't help

Journeyman

mobley, you might just have

some virus that makes your computer alittle glitchy. i would defietly do a virus scan and see if that comes up with

anything.

Thread Information