Close

Phero Dude

Thumbs up Chikara + Salsa = Hit-filled Goodness (long)

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I finally got a chance to try out Chikara in a club, and was I ever impressed. I didn't know in the

morning I'd be going out, and I was laying low, so I put on only two dabs of PPA/m.

While at work, I found

out that there was going to be a salsa concert last night. Some of the name players from several bands were getting

together for a one night "all star band" thing. Needless to say, that was all it took to convince me to go out. I

danced with a dozen or so ladies during the evening, but three of them really stuck out.

Prior to arriving, I

assessed the arsenal I had with me. Chikara and unscented SOE. I applied four inches of SOE to my neck and four

sprays of Chikara--Three to the neck and one to the back of the hands.

From 8-9 there was an intermediate+

lesson. Most of the folks there I'd already met and known for some time, so there was nothing too interesting to

report there.

From 9-11 there was some DJ dancing, which was where things got interesting. The first one that

stuck out was a lady I'd met and danced with once before, in her 40's. We danced a salsa, and then a merengue came

on. She gave me a BIG hug, and went to wander off. I asked if she wanted to merengue also, and she said yes. We

danced two more songs, and at the end, she gave me another big hug. We talked periodically through the evening and

danced another couple of dances, each ended with a hug (something I only saw her do with one other guy, one whom she

knew quite well).

The second hit was also during the DJ, with a black gal in her 30's. I was standing in the

back corner of the floor, and saw her moving along to a merengue. I asked if she wanted to dance, and she literally

dragged me out to the dance floor. She kept A LOT of eye contact with me, looking at me quite intently. We did two

merengues and a salsa. At the end of the salsa, I was the recipient of a breast-mashing hug (and considering these

were likely DD's, that's saying something!). When the band was playing later, and I asked her to dance a salsa,

after it was done, she put her arm around me and told me her name, and then kissed me on the neck!

The third

hit was the winner of the night. I was sitting on a table-type thing in the back of the floor, listening to the band

jam on and on for their last number. Two gals in their early 20's had been flittering around my area for most of

the evening. I was a little on the tired side, and I was really enjoying the band, so I didn't ask them to dance. I

saw them dancing with each other towards the end of the number, and it seemed the shorter of the two, the one that

had brushed up against me a couple of times, knew what she was doing out there.

Once the band was done, the

DJ came on. The first song was a merengue. I asked her if she wanted to dance, and after a moment's consideration,

she said "Sure." After about thirty seconds of "polite" dancing, she proceeded to plaster herself against me. Even

though the floor was crowded, I managed to see an open spot about fifteen feet away. I led her through some

travelling moves to get over there, where we had a bit more room. As the second merengue came on, she leaned in

close enough I could feel her lips on my ear lobes(breaking eye contact for the first time in five minutes) and said

"I don't know all these twists and turns, but I'm still having fun." As we were dancing, the flirtatiousness of it

kept ratcheting up, from a basic separation to one with two measures of holding hands behind the head followed by

slowly sliding down the body. One time, rather than cupping fingers on a separation, I intertwined mine in hers,

which earned me a really big smile from her. Several times, she kept her left arm UNDER my right one, preventing me

from doing anything but dancing with her against me. After the second song ended, a bachata came on. Bachata is a

REALLY weak dance for me, but she asked if I wanted to dance anyway. Even though we only did the basic step, she

stayed glued to me with eyes locked and a big smile on her face. After that song, she hugged me, said she comes to

this club most Fridays, and then kissed me on the lips. Even though this was my first time there, I think I'll be

making a habit of going, band or not. The class before dancing is sure to always be interesting (I've taken lessone

with the instructor before), and there were LOADS of ladies to dance with.

Guys, I can't say it enough.

Going out dancing is one of THE best ways of meeting ladies.. Around here, there are places with free lessons

thursday through sunday, so you can get started with no cost at all. Once you get the hang of it, nothing can

describe the feeling you get when you can confidently walk in and know you'll be able to impress most of the women

with your dancing. Besides, where else can you go to touch a complete stranger without even having to say a word,

simply extending your hand to her with a twinkle in your eye? Besides that, it's been my experience that ladies

who can move it on the floor are above average at the horizontal mambo also.
    Last edited by camusflage; 07-31-2004 at 02:29 PM. Reason: typo...

& Double Naught Spy InternationalPlayboy's Avatar

I envy you salsa

guys. Though the town I live in has a large Hispanic community, there is no place offering salsa dancing around

here. The local jr. college used to offer that and ballroom dancing as PE credits, but by the time I was determined

to take the classes, they were no longer offered. I think even two-step is not offered anymore due to the club used

closing down because their bouncers accidentally killed someone in the parking lot. I can't stand modern country

music anyway. I look at the college catalog every semester hoping they bring the salsa or even the ballroom classes

back.

Phero Pharaoh

Check your local dance studios

anyway. They should offer reasonably priced classes (usually in the range of $5-15 per 1-hour class). The dance

studios will usually have people who know where the dance parties and clubs are. Swing dancing is probably as

popular as Two Step, if not more so. Some of my Salsa ladies also enjoy Swing and some ballroom styles.

Dancing

will only get you so far. I've been kissed by women I've just danced with. Had one almost undress me on the

floor. But you really want to build a group of regulars you can hang with. They will give you opportunities to

meet strangers without looking like a lonely loser. The hardest thing for a guy to do in a club is look like he is

friendly and personable if he is not with anyone. If you are in that situation, then you need to get to know the

servers, so that other people can see you are friendly with them (but don't hit on them as they are always being

hit on).

Don't find excuses NOT to get into dance classes. Find opportunities to join them.

Yeah IP,

Don't give up.

Ballroom dancing is THE best way to meet eligible women, IMHO. Look in the yellow pages for dancing schools. They

are not all that expensive, and there are usually non-profit "clubs" dedicated to certain types of dancing like

Salsa; they teach newbies for a "song".

B

B
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene
    Fair Trade crafts from Peru

& Double Naught Spy InternationalPlayboy's Avatar

Thanks for the

advice Bruce and Friendly1. There are a couple of dance schools in town, I think at least one is still open. From

their ads in the past, I was under the impression they cater mainly to pre-teen girls, but I guess it wont hurt to

give them a call to inquire about adult classes.

I'm interested in dance classes not only for the social

aspect, but for exercise too. My main form of exercise is walking and that's just not fun outside during July and

August in southwestern Arizona and I hate treadmills. I'd join a gym, but my schedule would put me there during

peak hours.

If they don't teach Salsa, Swing, or Ballroom dancing, maybe my inquiry will get interest up in

starting one.

Phero Pharaoh

One of the more popular Salsa

resources is SalsaWeb. They have a directory of clubs and schools. It may help

people here find places to learn the Latin dances.

Phero Dude

Quote Originally Posted by InternationalPlayboy
    From their ads in the past, I was under the impression they cater mainly to pre-teen

girls, but I guess it wont hurt to give them a call to inquire about adult classes.
    For some, that is

true.. When you call, ask about latin and/or social instruction. In my city, I can think of five different studios

to take lessons at. If you want to PM me your town, I can let you know about what's around you for social or latin

dancing. I know folks with contacts all around the country.

Thread Information