Close

& Double Naught Spy InternationalPlayboy's Avatar

Thumbs up My take on Edge Essentials Heat's smell

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Just got my latest Love Scent order tonight and one item was Edge Essentials Heat. There was

some discussion on it's smell on another thread. Bruce says it smells like cedar to him, which is the EO that

Arouser is supposed to contain. The description of Heat is that it contains vetivert and clarisage essential oils.

Though I'm hooked on Chikara, I thought I'd take advantage of last week's special discount and order Heat, along

with a few other products.

Upon opening the package, I immediately opened the Heat bottle and took a whiff.

It doesn't smell like cedar to me. My first impression was rose germanium. Then I thought no, lemongrass. Then I

realized it smells like the palmarosa oil I have. I could not distinguish any hint of vetivert.

Not thinking

the Heat smelled like sage either, I looked up palmarosa in my copy of Scott Cunningham's Magical

Aromatherapy
    . It's described there as "steam distilled from a plant closely related to lemongrass. The

essential oil has a citrus-rose scent which is refreshing and somewhat compelling."

Guess I'll have to stop

at the herb shop around the corner from my house this weekend and see if they'll let me smell some clarisage so I

can compare scents.

I must say that it does smell good to me. I got a bit of a buzz from it, or an uplift in

my mood, like I get from Ylang Ylang. Think I could get a headache from too many nose hits, like Ylang Ylang too.

But it doesn't smell like like that either. Like I mentioned above, it smells like palmarosa with a hint of rose

germanium to me.

Though I wasn't planning on going anywhere tonight and was headed for my end of the work

week tub soak (need to buy a Jacuzzi), I put a dab of the Heat on my wrist. It smelled the same, but now I could

catch a hint of the sharpness that my unsented Edge has to my nose. Wondering how it would mix with Chikara, I put

one spray directly ofer the Heat application. I think they blend well. I couldn't stop smelling my wrist, which was

my same reaction with Pheros and Chikara when I first got them.

I should add that the buzz may not have been

exclusively from the Heat product as I had taken a whiff of Essence of a Woman, which I had ordered too. I like

smelling PCC and thought that since the price was right, I'd get some EW to try to mix something up for my own

pleasure. I must say, "EW" is a good acronym for that stuff. That was kind of my reaction. I can't imagine it in

the more concentrated form as it was first introduced to the forum members. (I remember reading one report that it

filled the whole room when the bottle was opened and people were sealing their bottles inside other containers to

keep the smell down.

But I digress. I'll try out the Heat this weekend, haven't had much luck yet with

TE/NPA products yet. Still learning their dosages, I guess.

& Double Naught Spy InternationalPlayboy's Avatar

Finally got to smell

a bottle of Clary Sage. Smells close to Vetivert to me and nothing like the lemony scent I smell in Edge Heat.

Granted, the sales literature here spells it "clearisage," but I think it's suppose to be the same thing. A web

search on "clearisage," only brings up links to the Love Scent site.

I'm beginning to think that heavy none

products and myself just don't mix. Or WAGG, SOE and Chikara are just easier to use. I used about four dabs of Heat

and three sprays of Chikara this morning, the third spray of Chikara on my finger, to spread behind my ears over

where I dapped Heat. Edge alone just makes me too apprehensive.

I then went to Sears to have my car's

battery checked. I soon felt impatient, a little about the wait, but more so due to the disorganization of the line

at the counter. After being told I was next by the woman behind the counter, then only to be pushed aside after she

finished with the person ahead of me to deal with soemone waiting to pick up their car, I loudly voiced my opinion

on the organization of the line. Finally getting to talk to a counter person, when I described my car's problem, he

told me that I probably needed a new alternator. I said that I didn't care, I wanted the battery checked (turned

out I was right, I needed a new one). Then I once again got disgusted when I gave my first and last names and he

looked in the database and read off my dad's and brother's names instead. I repeated that my first name is

Thomas.

All the while I'm thinking that I'm getting more upset than necessary. I mellowed out a bit after

that.

I must say though, I did seem to receive a bit of respect from others I encountered today. (Fear?)

Interesting that I was touched twice while out, thought not by my target group. Once was by the man behind me who

was pointing out that I was next in line and tapped me on the shoulder. The other was a little girl as she left the

restaurant where I was having lunch. She touched all the tables as she walked by, but touched me instead of the

table when she passed me.

I did get a nice smile from a woman in her 20s who held the door for me as we

entered the Post Office. I still think Edge had potential, but I have enough trouble with impatience with others to

begin with. I don't like how Edge seems to amplify my impatience and/or anxiety whenever I wear it.

Phero Dude

Quote Originally Posted by InternationalPlayboy
    I'm beginning to think that heavy none products and myself just don't mix. Or

WAGG, SOE and Chikara are just easier to use. I used about four dabs of Heat and three sprays of Chikara this

morning, the third spray of Chikara on my finger, to spread behind my ears over where I dapped Heat. Edge alone just

makes me too apprehensive.
    Your none sensitive like me. You have a healthy natural none

signature so you dont need much to put you over the top...try one dab of Edge & 2 sprays of Chikara...

i get the same reaction..

impatience..but am using arouser instead.
    havn't really gotten any hits from it yet =(

Thread Information