Close

Default The EROX Patents

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Since there seems to be a

resurgence of discussion of Realm of late, as well as a great deal of interest in Androstadienone and

Estratetraenol, I've just included the two patents under which Realm is marketed as individual entries in the

Pheromone Research Forum.

U.S. Patent

#5,272,134

U.S. Patent #5,278,141

These are the

two patent numbers which appeared on the box of the Realm for Men Cologne that I first got in the late 1990's that

was produced by EROX Corp. These numbers also appear on the box of a newer version of Realm/m that I've bought more

recently that is distributed by "Niche Marketing Group Inc.".

While both patents are a bit difficult to navigate

due to their high content of "legal-ese" or "patent-speak" if you will, there is a lot of good information to be

found within them. Each contains a basic "primer" of pheromone science as well as extensive listings of what we

would call putative pheromones.

What WAS the original EROX corporation is now (at least) two different business

entities: PHERIN, a company whose goal is to market pheromones (or "vomeropherins" as they like to call them) in

pharmaceutical applications such as an inhalable product for the relief of PMS; and HUMAN PHEROMONE SCIENCES who

still retain the rights to the patents listed above, and license those rights to companies such as Avon and Niche

Marketing Group for use as attractants and "mood enhancers" in fragrance products as well as unscented versions of

the formulae.
    Human Pheromone Sciences' own subsidiary "Natural Attraction" markets products that employ the

patented "vomeropherins" as well. Whether or not they, or any of the other licensees have actually had the sense to

turn the original Realm philosophy of "self mood enhancement" around to create a true "attractant" product is open

for debate. As there were legal liablity issues involved years ago that may not yet have been resolved, I suspect

that even if they HAD decided to dump the ass-backward Realm approach, they might NOT actually disclose it.

Oscar

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Somebody said when they wear

Realm now it makes them anxious and depressed. So that would suggest maybe they made the switch.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Quote Originally Posted by DrSmellThis
    Somebody said

when they wear Realm now it makes them anxious and depressed. So that would suggest maybe they made the

switch.
    Doc,

I've been doing a real "stream of consciousness" thing on the subjects of Realm and EROX

today for some reason, and I too got a reaction that I was unaccustomed to when trying out the new version of Realm

for what I believe was the first time. There was something of a "too much caffeine" effect that came over me after

sniff-testing one spray of the "Niche" version of Realm that I alluded to on

another thread earlier. I never had adverse reactions

to the old EROX Realm. Quite the contrary. I loved wearing the stuff!

Oscar

Thread Information