Close

Phero Dude

Default cocky and funny doesn't work

visit-red-300x50PNG
    for good

looking guys. http://www.thundercatseductionlair.com 1/4 of the

page down.
    b/c when being cocky and funny they are essentially rubbing it in that they are cocky and funny. can

this being applied to mones where good looking guys should use less or little none and more of the social mones?

Phero Dude

also anybody part of these

seduction groups.

Thanks for the link but,

sheesh, BadBoy writes like a 10 year old. I could feel my fingers twitching for a red pen!
    "I'm just a dirty hornytoad" -Gegogi

Phero Enthusiast

Default these are lightweight superficial behavioral skills

I hate to break it to you in the sense that these seduction lessons aren't going to take you

far. If you're serious you must study with serious teachers. That means you have to take acting class with peers

who intend on moving up to professional acting.

More news U can use. There isn't one acting teacher out

there who has it all. Each coach has his or her strengths. You generally have to study with three or four GOOD

teachers to be well rounded.

If these self described behavior teachers are half, shoot, one quarter as good

as they dream of being, they'd be working and making a rewarding living in the industry, and they'd have women

slipping them their phone numbers 'cause nothing turns women (or men, depending on your game) on like real success,

and real success derives from one thing, and one thing only, that is real, demonstable competence.

Are we on

the same page yet ? Assuming we are, you desire to master these abilities ?

Start researching GOOD acting

schools, coaches, intensive seminars, voice production, body language. First point... real teachers are looking for

real students. They don't have time for phonies, assholes, or corner cutting losers. They won't lift a finger

unless you are willing to COMMIT to their study.

Alright, there's another side to this story. Many teachers

are good, even excellent in one side of the work but may be weak or limited in another. It is normal to be

incredibly frustrated and/or pissed off with a teacher who can't or won't break down a skill into learnable steps

or hides behind a mass of overblown acting spiel.

You have to get off your can and find the teacher(s) who

know what you need to know and work hard to learn it. Forget all the labels, stanislavski, meisner, adler, bla bla

bla... those are just designer tags.

I heard teacher after teacher slinging poo about "listening" and how

important it was to know how to "listen" but nobody could explain what they were talking about, although everybody

agreed that "listening" was the core skill that divided good, great, mediocre, and terrible actors (you might be

mentally extending this to success with women, and you'd be right to think that). Eventually I found myself

sufficiently disgusted with the Nth acting teacher using hollow language about "THE WORK" and "being present in the

moment" and observing them throw their acting coach tantarums when the student didn't get it, so I called and

called and asked and poked around until I found a teacher who, VOILA!, listened (for real, not faking it to enroll

yet another sucker in their glorious academy) and could CONSISTENTLY demonstrate high level listening skills, and

was interested enough to work with the student to teach listening skills....

Not as easy as it looks, as this

is demanding of the teacher, takes genuine interest and feeling (most high volume schools have teachers phoning it

in, but they're good enough actors that they make it appear that they're involved... and you wonder why you have a

hard time "getting it".... surprise, it's because they're not feeling it... now you know, OK?) and YOU have to be

willing to listen and learn...

Phero Dude

have u tried those sites? because

all i think they all go back to some guy name mystery who's rated the #1 pickup artist in the world or something.

my thinking is, if you're only getting sex from your girlfriend, then maybe you should change something up unless

you only want to have sex with your girlfriend. what's worst trying something and having it fail or sitting on your

ass and thinking why can i fuck tons of girls. i rather try something new, atleast i can say i attempted to break

wilt chamberlain's record.

Phero Guru

Default none

what is his record?

Phero Pharaoh

Somehow, I think this thread

has something to do with David DeAngelo.

cuddlebear

A couple of

thoughts.

Wilt Chamberlain has reportedly bedded a truckload of women, but I personally think there's

nothing wrong with loving your girlfriend.

Cocky and funny doesn't work but gentle and funny does, take my

word.

I am kind of mistrustful of the seduction sites, because you'd think these guys would be too busy

doing, uh, you know, instead of peddling their wares online.

Cockiness seems to have a counterproductive

effect on the performance of mones.

OK, that's my 2 cents, adjusted to .95 after inflation

Well cuddlebear, cocky, not to be

confused with jerk (besides, this is a noun, but you get the point), does in fact work, and I dare say even on a

girlfriend...teasing really spices things up. You just have to work on the Funny part to make it a winner, and

whoever said that loving is forbidden? All I say is give love a chance.

And that's my two grands.
    אני להיות לא באמת יהודי

Phero Pharaoh

I agree with Yoel. Girls like

to be teased, even though they may protest a bit. You don't want to overdo it. You don't want to be mean or

petty. You want to exaggerate something so that it becomes a funny, harmless subject. But you have to be aware of

how she is reacting. Her feelings may be hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendly1
    I agree with

Yoel. Girls like to be teased, even though they may protest a bit. You don't want to overdo it. You don't want

to be mean or petty. You want to exaggerate something so that it becomes a funny, harmless subject. But you have

to be aware of how she is reacting. Her feelings may be hurt.
    Yes. Good advice.
    * Cocky DOES

work....as long as you are not arrogant with it. It has to be fun. Kinda toungue and cheek. Nobody likes a person

who is over-the-top with cockyness. You DO NOT want to come off as if you think you are better than anyone. It has

to be confidence, a little cocky yet in a non-arrogant, fun type way. That is tough and really cannot be achieved

unless you put yourself in a mode and that is how you feel.

Happy

Cuddles didn't say anything

about not being funny. He said Funny and Gentle and he has a good point. It does work well and never comes across as

arrogant, which cocky can. You can tease and be fun to be around without being cocky.

Surfs Up made a very

important point in his post also. He said:

"'cause nothing turns women (or men, depending on your game) on

like real success, and real success derives from one thing, and one thing only, that is real, demonstable

competence."

The confident, self assured, competent person is always going to have women (or men) flocking

around them. It also holds up longer because it isn't an act, it's really you. People eventually, some much

quicker than others, see through any act.
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

According to the Random House

Unabridged Dictionary:

cocky (kok'e) arrogant; pertly self assertive; conceited: He walked in with

a cocky air.

Sounds like the wrong approach for most women and a surefire method to attract unwanted

attention from other cocky males. Methinks humble strength beats arrogance; consideration for others whips pertly

self assertive; and witty discourse and sensitivity kicks ass on being conceited. Cockiness by definition embodies

traits and attitudes you should avoid if you desire success with friends and lovers. Being cocky isn't about being

self assured or confident. Being cocky isn't about teasing or humor. Being cocky is about being an arrogant, pertly

self assertive, and conceited arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Gegogi
    According to the

Random House Unabridged Dictionary:

cocky (kok'e) arrogant; pertly self assertive; conceited: He

walked in with a cocky air.

Sounds like the wrong approach for most women and a surefire method to attract

unwanted attention from other cocky males. Methinks humble strength beats arrogance; consideration for others whips

pertly self assertive; and witty discourse and sensitivity kicks ass on being conceited. Cockiness by definition

embodies traits and attitudes you should avoid if you desire success with friends and lovers. Being cocky isn't

about being self assured or confident. Being cocky isn't about teasing or humor. Being cocky is about being an

arrogant, pertly self assertive, and conceited arse.
    Well said!
    To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

It really all depends on the girl,

and generally, younger women are more likely to go for a cocky and funny approach.

A lot of them grow out of

it.

But anyway, we're talking about two different groups of women here, thus the differing opinions.

I'm with BJF. It depends a lot on

the woman. My advice is just relax have fun and be yourself. That will eliminate women who don't like who you

really are, which should be good news. If you put on a big front in an effort to attract a woman, then what happens

if she falls in love with "you"? Sooner or later she will be disappointed. (starting to sound familiar?)

If

you don't like who you really are, there are things you can do to "work on yourself". I guess you can be whoever

you want to, but the key in my mind is to be genuine rather than swing a quick mold job based on what you think

women are looking for.

Bruce

DeAngelo didn't read Random

House Dictionary. Here is his explanation of cocky:

Women are magnetically attracted to men who are just

a little bit too cocky. Just a little bit. This is a tough one to explain. Many men take this to mean 'overly

arrogant' which is not what I mean. If you watch Pierce Brosnan in 'The Thomas Crown Affair' or Clarke Gable in

'Gone With The Wind' or Tom Cruise in 'Top Gun' you'll get an idea of what I'm talking about. The

confident/cocky trait is mild overconfidence combined with humor. Drives women wild.
    Hope I didn't violate

copyright laws too badly....
    Last edited by einstein; 07-26-2004 at 10:57 AM. Reason: quote formatting

Phero Guru

Default none

you gave credit to the

author by quoting him - so, there's no copyright problem.

The confident/cocky trait

is mild overconfidence combined with humor. Drives women wild.
    Maybe a better choice 'o words is

confident and humorous or self assured and witty. Those are really good things! Cocky is nearly synonymous with

jerk. The New Oxford and Webester's dictionaries also define cocky with very negative connotations and I've only

heard it used in that light--until now. I'd rather be witty and confident than conceited with an inordinately high

opinion of myself. Perhaps these writers are attempting to redefine "cocky" by thumbing it down and putting a

positive spin on it.

By the way, I was speaking in light

of DeAngelo's stuff. I thought that was obvious, my bad.
    אני להיות לא באמת יהודי

Phero Pharaoh

It is okay to give words new

meanings, as long as those new meanings are clearly conveyed. DeAngelo seems to have done that. People shouldn't

have a cow over the reversal in usage. If you ever look up the history of the word "dizzy", you will see that it

has come a long way. So has the word "gay".

It is okay to give words

new meanings, as long as those new meanings are clearly conveyed. DeAngelo seems to have done that. People

shouldn't have a cow over the reversal in usage.
    Not too many folks down in Pleasantville have heard of

DeAngelo and his New World Dictionary of Male Assertiveness. I think DeAngelo and his disciples need to do a lot

more if they desire to change the mainstream meaning of a word. Nevertheless, it may appear in DeAngelo-speak I was

being cocky! However, I didn't birth a cow. I was merely enjoying the conversation and debate! Mahalo!

Incidentally, for many years "gay" in reference to homosexuals was a kind of secret code, later a slang and now is

defined thus in the Random House Dictionary:

gay (g")
    adj. gay·er, gay·est
    1. Of,

relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.
    2. Showing or characterized by

cheerfulness and lighthearted excitement; merry.
    3. Bright or lively, especially in color: a gay, sunny

room.
    4. Given to social pleasures.
    5. Dissolute; licentious.
    n.
    1. A person

whose sexual orientation is to persons of the same sex.
    2. A man whose sexual orientation is to men: an

alliance of gays and lesbians.

Usage Note: The word gay is now standard in its use to refer to homosexuals, in

large part because it is the term that most gay people prefer in referring to themselves. Gay is distinguished from

homosexual primarily by the emphasis it places on the cultural and social aspects of homosexuality as opposed to

sexual practice. Many writers reserve gay for males, but the word is also used to refer to both sexes; when the

intended meaning is not clear in the context, the phrase gay and lesbian may be used. Like the other names of social

groups derived from adjectives (for example, Black), gay may be regarded as offensive when used as a noun to refer

to particular individuals, as in There were two gays on the panel; here phrasing such as gay members should be used

instead. But there is no objection to the use of the noun in the plural to refer collectively either to gay men or

to gay men and lesbians, so long as it is clear whether men alone or both men and women are being discussed. See

Usage Note at homosexual.
    I'm afraid this brings new meaning to the old Christmas carol, "Hark the Gay

Sound."

Phero Guru

what the hell is "Hark the Gay

Sound" ????

Quote Originally Posted by Gegogi
    Thanks for

the link but, sheesh, BadBoy writes like a 10 year old. I could feel my fingers twitching for a red pen!

English is "BadBoy's" 2nd language.
    I believe he resides in

Croatia.

"Confident" and funny is a better way to go, as "Cocky" can come off as being arrogant.

BTW,

I had the chance to hear "Mystery" speak for 2 hours in San Francisco a couple of weeks ago, and he really knows his

stuff and has developed a step by step seduction formula or model.

Thread Information