Close

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    I'm free... I'm free... I'm finally fr...

Angry Delayed Presidential Elections...WTF?!?!

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I honestly can't believe that they could even consider doing this!!!

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2004/07/12/world/uselec04

We are Americans.... and we (as a people) will find a way to get to the polling stations regardless

of any terrorist attacks!!!! Postpone the elections because of an attack.... and we might as well call it quits,

because all that says is that the terrorists have already won!!!

I personally feel that Dub'ya is looking

for a way to steal this election... just as he did in 2000, but thats just my opinion.

What does everyone else

think?

(No lizard freaks need respond..b/c your numbers up )
    Eep Opp Ork Aah Aah...

Phero Guru

Default none

The bad part is that all

this posturing likely means something will happen and people will get killed. This whole thing sucks big time and I

don't have any answers myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gossamer_2701
    I honestly

can't believe that they could even consider doing this!!!

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2004/07/12/world/uselec04

We are Americans.... and we (as a people) will find a way to get to the polling stations regardless

of any terrorist attacks!!!! Postpone the elections because of an attack.... and we might as well call it quits,

because all that says is that the terrorists have already won!!!

I personally feel that Dub'ya is looking

for a way to steal this election... just as he did in 2000, but thats just my opinion.

What does everyone else

think?

I don't believe we ever will stop

an election for any reason, too much fallout if they tried. However, anybody that believes that sad old fable about

Bush stealing the last election really needs to go back and re-read the facts. At least one newspaper independently

varified the results and Bush would have won anyway. He may be a contempable idiot but he is legally the president.

But his only real competition was a contemptable idiot as well.The people lost in either case.

Phero Guru

Default none

so true, and it's about to

happen all over again.

Everything was just peachy

when Clinton was in office, suddenly Bush gets into office, 3,000 people die, gas prices go up 200%, and we go to

war, has anyone else noticed this?!

Quote Originally Posted by koolking1
    so true, and

it's about to happen all over again.
    There's an old saying that power corrupts. That isn't true. Power

attracts the corrupt and the corruptable. Anybody seeking to feed at the public trough should be suspected of being

corrupt before ever starting out. Who in their right mind would spend millions for a job that pays so little and has

such high demands unless there was some other return for their investment. The return doesn't have to be money but

I think I would trust money more than egotistical rewards. That type really scares me.

Quote Originally Posted by TopDawg2050
    Everything

was just peachy when Clinton was in office, suddenly Bush gets into office, 3,000 people die, gas prices go up 200%,

and we go to war, has anyone else noticed this?!
    That's nonsense! The economic bubble was ready to

collapse and the terrorist attacks were already in motion before Bush was elected. Nothing like that happens

overnight, each event took years.

I do not agree with the war in Iraq and do fault Bush there. If we had to go

to war, it should have been against the real perpetrators, not over daddy's grudge

Everything was just

peachy when Clinton was in office, suddenly Bush gets into office, 3,000 people die, gas prices go up 200%, and we

go to war, has anyone else noticed this?!
    There was a terrorist attack on the Twin Towers

back in '93 while Clinton was in office. It just didn't do the damage the terrorists had planned for. Perhaps

had these subhumans been dealt with then those 3,000 lives wouldn't have been lost in the first place. You

can't blame EVERYTHING on Bush.

Yeah, but what was all that

junk about Saddam, did everyone just forget completely about Osama, i haven't heard his name in months.....

Phero Guru

Default none

Well, 9/11 happened during

Bush II and now they are telling us it's likely to happen again, disrupting elections??? Of course the authorities

in power would want the election postponed as who in their right mind would vote for people who let not one but two

devestating attacks to occur.

Angry

However, anybody

that believes that sad old fable about Bush stealing the last election really needs to go back and re-read the

facts.
    Well.... I'm not gonna argue with you..... the fact is, Dub'ya became the president under very

shady circumstances and will forever have an * next to his name in the record books.

You can't

blame EVERYTHING on Bush.
    The hell I can't!!! Every decision he's made has been to further his

daddy's GOP agenda.... regardless of the fact that none of those decisions have been in the best intrest of this

country.

Yeah, but what was all that junk about Saddam, did everyone just forget completely about

Osama, i haven't heard his name in months.....
    Saddam was just a ploy.... and you haven't heard

anything about Bin Laden because they don't like to put a spotlight on their worst failures.

Something is

seriously wrong in the way this counrty is being run... and with our choices in Nov..... well..... we're in deep

shit no matter how you look at it
    Eep Opp Ork Aah Aah...

CANT WE ALL JUST GET

ALONG?!?!?!?

I think im just gonna move to

canada, whens the last time you've heard of a war or political problems there. Canada exists, it just dosent,

people just dont notice canada, thats why its cool there.

Phero Guru

Default none

you might not be alone.

Phero Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Gossamer_2701
    I honestly

can't believe that they could even consider doing this!!!

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2004/07/12/world/uselec

We are Americans.... and we (as a people) will find a way to get to the polling stations

regardless of any terrorist attacks!!!! Postpone the elections because of an attack.... and we might as well call it

quits, because all that says is that the terrorists have already won!!!

I personally feel that Dub'ya

is looking for a way to steal this election... just as he did in 2000, but thats just my opinion.

What does

everyone else think?

Say what

you want about the Lizards...Icke was predicting this months ago!

Oh so you think Dubya might be trying to

steal the election...Hmmm...& the pentagon says Bush's military records were destroyed by misktake...hmmm...The

Patriot act is really an excuse for a police state...keep connecting the dots Gossamer you're almost there

bro...

Phero Dude

Quote Originally Posted by TopDawg2050
    Yeah, but

what was all that junk about Saddam, did everyone just forget completely about Osama, i haven't heard his name in

months.....
    Bin Laden is a CIA asset & stooge...Who do you think he was working for during the Soviet

occupation during the 80's. The wealthy Saudi family he comes from is very highly connected in the Bush

Admin...Why do you think they were hustled out of the country so quietly after 9/11? Bin Laden is a semi delusional

nut case...theres no way he was the 9/11 master mind...Has anyone asked themselves why it took the military one and

a half hours to respond the hijacking of 4 commercial airliners? When the year before the had several intercepts

within 10 to 15 mins...the jig is up...the official 9/11 story put out by the govt & mainstream news media is total

BS...9/11 was allowed to happen by Dubya, et al...

Quote Originally Posted by belgareth
    anybody that

believes that sad old fable about Bush stealing the last election really needs to go back and re-read the facts. At

least one newspaper independently varified the results and Bush would have won anyway. He may be a contempable idiot

but he is legally the president.
    Wrong.

There was never an official recount. A consortium of

8 newspaper gathered up all the uncounted ballots and commissioned the U of Chicago’s National Opinion Center to

examine them. Using six different schemes for interpreting questionable ballots the consortium found that, in the

words of the AP release, “A full, statewide recount of all undervotes and overvotes could have erased Bush's

537-vote victory and put Gore ahead by a tiny margin ranging from 42 to 171 votes, depending on how valid votes are

defined.”

Gore had requested a recount of just two counties (which he no doubt thought would vote in

his favor). But he eventually conceded, and dropped his request, when the Supreme Court decided that the recount was

“too disruptive”. What the newspapers reported was that HAD THOSE TWO COUNTIES BEEN RECOUNTED Bush would have still

won. I still have the Nov. 12, 2001 copy of the NYT (I followed this issue like a hawk). The headline reads "Study

of Disputed Florida Ballots Finds Justices Did Not Cast the Deciding Vote" and there’s a lot of verbiage about how

Gore would have still lost if he’d gotten HIS (two county) recount. But there’s also a little paragraph that

explains how he would have won with a total state wide recount.
    Gore messed up. No doubt. It was his right,

and his duty, to demand a full statewide recount. Because of his spinelessness the people’s voice was not heard.

Add to this, the fact that there was much evidence of fraud — geared towards disenfranchising Black voters — which

the Senate REFUSED to investigate, despite pleas from elected representatives of the voters in question.
    But,

Most Importantly, the Supreme Court does not have the authority to stop a recount or declare a winner in any

election (that’s what Election Commissions are for). Think back to 9th grade civics and the separation of powers

that makes our government so unique. The Supreme Court interprets LAWS that are written by elected representatives

of the people. It can’t directly interpret the will of the people. It can’t interpret when a recount’s gone on for

too long. And it sure can’t select presidents.
    Even if the votes had come out in Bush’s favor — which it

turns out they didn’t — his “presidency” is still illegitimate. He was selected, not elected. The Supreme Court

“decision” is unprecedented, not just in US history, but in the history of democracy as we know it.
    The

implications are staggering — if you admit that the 2000 elections were stolen you have to draw a whole series of

unpleasant conclusions about the press, government, courts, and everybody else that’s supposed to be safeguarding

our democracy — and that’s why our natural response is to want to believe that somehow nothing really bad happened.

That everybody (courts, government, press) did the right thing and our democracy has not been undermined. It’s too

mind boggling to think otherwise. But that’s the way it is nonetheless

That's nonsense!

The economic bubble was ready to collapse and the terrorist attacks were already in motion before Bush was elected.

Nothing like that happens overnight, each event took years.
    True. The Clinton “recovery” was

little more than a glorified pyramid scheme. Banks loaned out start-up capital — on the basis of assets that they

were ANTICIPATING to get from a manufacturing sector that was in steady decline — to dot coms that were increasing

their stock value on the basis of profits they were ANTICIPATING to reap. Meanwhile industrial capacity was steadily

declining and the manufacturing sector was reporting record losses.
    When the bills started coming due the bubble

burst.

Phero Guru

Default none

That's what happened and

then our legally elected officials did the unpardonable by not taking the time to read and fully understand the

implications of the USA Patriot Act before voting for it so even greater powers were handed to an unelected

President. I do thank AKA for reminding at least myself about this and instead of not voting this year as was my

plan (I don't care for the alternative) I will vote if only in the hope that it will help at least legitimize our

governement.

Quote Originally Posted by a.k.a.
    The implications

are staggering — if you admit that the 2000 elections were stolen you have to draw a whole series of unpleasant

conclusions about the press, government, courts, and everybody else that’s supposed to be safeguarding our

democracy
    and that’s why our natural response is to want to believe that somehow nothing really bad

happened
    Of course. It's far too big a reality check for most people to deal with. That's

exactly what they (Bush, Inc.) were counting on and, sadly, it's worked like a charm.

Good post.

Phero Guru

Default none

Now we'll just have to

wait and see what kind of funny business happens this time, hopefully it won't entail any deaths. I imagine that

at least all democratic political protests during the RNC will be declared illegal in that they "just could" aid the

terrorists who are "certainly" planning an attack.

Look it up, the truth is that

the economy in general has always prospered under the republicans at the expense of the poorest. Under the

democrats, the richest have always been forced to carry the load for taking care of the poorest resulting in fewer

investment dollars. Neither way is right or fair or to the benefit of this country. Party politics are the worst

thing for good government. Independent thinking people voting their concience is what will do the most good.

People who babble the party line, whether democrat or republican always make me nervous, especially when it runs

counter to established facts. Let's face it, neither major party (and most of the minors too) is interested in

anything more than promoting their own agenda to their own benefit. Do yourselves a favor, stop repeating the crap

you hear, learn and accept the facts. The alternative news is no more or less accurate than the major sources, they

just have their own slant and agenda. If you take the time to study the various stands and consider how it will

effect the country you'll be better off. And I don't mean the short term, warm, fuzzy, feel good nonsense, think

long term. How is giving business free rein going to hurt or help us? How are hand outs to the poor going to help

us? How is increasing your tax burden or adding new laws or allowing prices to soar or shipping jobs overseas going

to help this country?

Don't you guys

just love debating about politics!?

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Look it up,

the truth is that the economy in general has always prospered under the republicans at the expense of the poorest.

Under the democrats, the richest have always been forced to carry the load for taking care of the poorest resulting

in fewer investment dollars. Neither way is right or fair or to the benefit of this country. Party politics are the

worst thing for good government. Independent thinking people voting their concience is what will do the most good.

People who babble the party line, whether democrat or republican always make me nervous, especially when it runs

counter to established facts. Let's face it, neither major party (and most of the minors too) is interested in

anything more than promoting their own agenda to their own benefit. Do yourselves a favor, stop repeating the crap

you hear, learn and accept the facts. The alternative news is no more or less accurate than the major sources, they

just have their own slant and agenda. If you take the time to study the various stands and consider how it will

effect the country you'll be better off. And I don't mean the short term, warm, fuzzy, feel good nonsense, think

long term. How is giving business free rein going to hurt or help us? How are hand outs to the poor going to help

us? How is increasing your tax burden or adding new laws or allowing prices to soar or shipping jobs overseas going

to help this country?
    I wish more people would pay attention to this. Good post.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Phero Guru

Default none

well, this all sounds good

to me but are you trying to say that as long as we flip-flop the two viable political parties every election or so

that we'll be better off?

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

In short, there are a mountain

of fishy facts about the Gore/Bush runoff in Florida (e.g., Bush cronies in charge of the counting). There is no way

to just say it was OK. Many likely Gore voters were elimenated from the counting, for example. The major networks

and press corporations did a bad job of reporting it at the time, unfortunately. Nice post, A.K.A. Of course

Bush will do everything he can get away with, ethical or not, to influence the upcoming election. Expect it

and watch. That is probably what the latest Homeland Security warning was all about. The intelligence was reportedly

all old.

If the Lakers can let Phil Jackson go, we ought to be able to let Bush go! Time for a new approach!

Give someone else a shot! To say this guy is an ineffective diplomat, for example, is absolutely unquestionable. He

is damaged goods. The world hates him. Right or wrong, he is not going to talk his way back into the world's hearts

any time soon, with his self-admitted expressive disorder. There is no way Bush could do the job for four more

years, even if he wasn't the moral equivalent of Stalin. Even traditional Republican interests would be better

served by Kerry at this point than by Bush. For example, Kerry has a much, much better military mind. There is no

way Bin Laden would still be at large if Kerry had been in there.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Quote Originally Posted by koolking1
    well, this all

sounds good to me but are you trying to say that as long as we flip-flop the two viable political parties every

election or so that we'll be better off?
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am saying that there are no viable

political parties. I'm saying that the american people have been hoodwinked into believing they only have the

choice between supporting one party or the other. I'm saying that our political system has degenerated into apathy

and pointless mudslinging rather than face and address the real issues.

What I am advocating is using your brain

and taking the time to study rather than pay attention to the crap in the news. There is almost nothing regarding

the elections in the mainstream or alternative news that is worth reading. Ignore what one candidate claims the

other said or did. Instead, check congressional records and voting histories. Read up on what they really do and

have done rather than listening to pointless mudslinging. Know your facts then vote for the person without regard to

parties.

Great post AKA....

Those were the facts that I was unable to locate yesterday, thanks for posting them
    Eep Opp Ork Aah Aah...

Thumbs up

There's

an old saying that power corrupts. That isn't true. Power attracts the corrupt and the corruptable. Anybody seeking

to feed at the public trough should be suspected of being corrupt before ever starting out. Who in their right mind

would spend millions for a job that pays so little and has such high demands unless there was some other return for

their investment. The return doesn't have to be money but I think I would trust money more than egotistical

rewards. That type really scares me.
    I really have to agree with that.
    Eep Opp Ork Aah Aah...

Know your facts

then vote for the person without regard to parties.
    I'm an independent... and I have refused to vote

for people because they sling way too much mud But the fact of the matter is..... this IS a two party

system..... you can vote for whoever you want, but if its not for a Dem or Rep.... its for a loosing side!!!

Hopefully we can throw out this deadend party system one day and vote for the person... NOT the party.
    Eep Opp Ork Aah Aah...

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information