Close

Phero Enthusiast

Default Could we, pretty please, have a Chikara additive ?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    With all due respect to the fragrance chemists out there, I have a strong preference for buying my own

premium colognes, sometimes diluting them and recombining, or adding in another exotic note. There are the mass

market "B" scents, the mass market "A" scents, and then there are the premium to super premium artisanal scents

which can make your head spin, *sans* pheromones... I'd love to find out more about Chikara as a pheromone

formulation, how will it interact with Creed Taborome or something special by L'Artisan, neither of those I'd

particularly want to alter... they're too good as masterworks by senior craftsmen... it would kind of be like

drawing a moustache on the Mona Lisa. However, it would be fun to load it with two or three bottles of a Chikara

Essence Mating Seurm Homme, Y Chromosome Extract, or whatever the goodies are....minus the masking fragrance... are

you guys thinking of a booster stage additive along these lines hopefully ?

cuddlebear

Are you referring to an

unscented version of Chikara? I haven't heard of anything like that being in the works, but that's not to say

that Bruce wouldn't consider it. I like the Chikara scent a lot, myself. I think right now he's concentrating

on getting the product into normal production, ironing out the spray head problems and stuff like that. But I

wanted to make sure I understood that it was something along those lines you were requesting ...

Surfsup,

It will probably

happen sooner or later, but it might be a while with Chikara. It's kind of like telling the Mona Lisa: "Wipe that

silly grin off your face, will ya?"

Bruce

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

If this unscented product was

offered I'd still buy the present version, for now anyway; as the generic musky scent blends with so many things

and is so mellow. Have you tried Chikara?

I do see your point. Believe it or not, though, I'm not a big

designer cologne guy, as those scents are so dominating to me. Their philosophy is to make you smell the cologne

instead of the person, who is to be neutralized. This is different from the approach I take in perfuming. I

prefer "You smell good!" to "I love your cologne!"
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Phero Enthusiast

That's true. The worst way to

notice a fragrance is to have it hanging in the air. You should have the option of noticing it or not. That's what

the perceptual psychologist call liminal experience, it's more than subliminal in that you can be consciously aware

of it. Anything that demands your undivided attention better be so world class that you don't mind or it's going

to be as bad as an obnoxious drunk who corners you at a party and makes you listen to how his wife threw him out of

the house last thursday....

The better choice is to buy good quality high proof vodka, fill a small glass

bottle about 4/5 full of the grain alcohol, then add the fragrans drop by drop util you find out what the best

dilution is for your situation. If you work in a chemical plant you may need more that if you work is a pristine

corporate environment. Almost every fragrance is too strong right out of the bottle. What is overwhelming full

strength can be pleasing at 1/5 strength...

There are also situational choices. Creed makes an excellent

light fragrance called Erfola that is right for warmer weather daytime use without smelling femmy or floral. Santa

Maria Novella makes scents unlike anything I've found on the USA market... they have one that smells like auto

races, a mix of leather, rubber, oil... so strange but interesting...

Then you have your heavy dark scents,

tobaccos and rosins, as well as light tea based products like Bulgari... the range of possibilities and "fragrance

personas" you can create are incredible if you know what you want and how to pull it off.

That's why I much

prefer additives over fragrance/pheromone packages. Maybe I'm going out that evening with a sort of intellectual

graduate school educated type of woman, she's subtle and wants to check the situation out without getting too

deeply into a mood... in this case something delicate and a little complex might be in order, Neroli Sauvage with a

touch of pomegranate or oppoponax tweaked up with friendly-conversational 'mones.

Would a musk note work

here, or would it create a discordant note ? A touch of discord can add some interest and energy but you have to

handle it very carefully. Its sort of like the difference between being edgy and being rude.

Nice post, surfie.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSmellThis
    Nice post,

surfie.
    Ditto, surfs.

Guys,

Well said all the way

around. I hear ya, and like I said, it will happen sooner or later. At the moment though, as you can imagine, I am

pretty jazzed about Chikara and not in any hurry to publicly strip her down. You guys are artists, you must know

what I'm talking about.

Doc, anybody write and ask you for an unscented version of Pheros?

Bruce

No, and there's no reason

anyone should; because there is very little "unscented" pheromone content in there --- like 1/100 of the

average products here. With most of the "active ingredients" in Pheros, there is no way to separate the smell

from the effect. In the future I may come well out with "raw pheromone" products, if the interest is there and I can

make it economical, but they too will have a scent, as do all the unique substances I use. It's a different kettle

of fish, so to speak.

Bump

Bruce,

Can you get

us an unscented chikara?

How about Spring, sometime,

sorta?

B
    To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

- Buddha

Yoga in Eugene
    Fair Trade crafts from Peru

I am sure I speak for a lot of us

when I say it is great to hear one is coming. Please do try to do your best to hit that target date. Thanks

though, having more options is great.

And consider selling the scent seperate as well so we can use it to

cover up unscented mones (ie TE, NPA, PI) when mixing with chikara. Relying on chikara alone to cover everything up

sometimes leaves us smelling funky.

Bruce:

One other thing. It

would probably be a wise idea to put an unscented chikara in a dropper bottle, right? Because a dropper restricts

the liquid to a smaller surface area, making it easier to cover. Just a thought.

The better choice is to

buy good quality high proof vodka, fill a small glass bottle about 4/5 full of the grain alcohol, then add the

fragrans drop by drop util you find out what the best dilution is for your situation. If you work in a chemical

plant you may need more that if you work is a pristine corporate environment. Almost every fragrance is too strong

right out of the bottle. What is overwhelming full strength can be pleasing at 1/5 strength...
    Well. If

you are serious about it.

http://www.labdepotinc.com/category_details~id~21.aspx

You can get

glassware and pure ethanol from here for reasonable. A test tube would do for mixing. I think they might have

plastic disposable ampules to keep your mixes in. If you want ethanol just buy a bottle of Everclear which is almost

pure grain ethanol.

Diabetic insulin syringes are cheap, and are pretty accurate with metric measurements.

Stranger

Bruce,
    having unscented

versions of a pheromone would be desirable for most major pheromone products like Alter Ego or Chikara. As the forum

members already said this gives more options to use a pheromone mixture. Maybe a product is monewise very effective

for a user but comes unseperably mixed with an additional fragrance oneself or the target can not stand.

If

the producers make it mandatory selling mones and fragrance together, they could maybe deliver the fragrance in a

seperate container like the makers of Perception do. This would help a lot.

Personally I don't like any of

the scents in soap or in washing powder or shampoo. The only scent I acceppt is the scent of high class (mostly

french) after shaves/colognes. I simply don't buy any scented mones.
    Making a blend of ones own colognes with

some unscented pheros is incredibly nice. Therefore it is helpful if the mones can be diluted with the ethanol from

those colognes without demixing continuously.

My two cents, just in case the producers will ask you

somtime...

I would also like unscented

Chikara to mix with cologne. Although my primary woman likes the smell, I do not like the smell (but I very much

like the effects!).

Quote Originally Posted by Have_Courage
    I couldn't

use AE due to the scent (nobody here likes it), it was a waste, couldn't cover it with any of my colognes.

Here as in the forum? I think its alright, and I've had compliments on it.
    CptKipling

Information about pheromones: Pheromone Information Library

Enlightened One

This is what i would like

unscented versions of (we already have some)

Perception covers nol none and rone
    WAGG

NPA
    Chikara
    a1
    couplins (we have)

Its all the secret ingredients in one most products have the

straight rone nol and none so no doubling up required but the others - how about a 20 compound pheromone

product

Now theres a impossible dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Have_Courage
    I meant my

workplace & home. I got disapproving looks when used 2 drops of AE. What do most AE users use for cover

scent?
    I think Cool Water just about does it.
    CptKipling

Information about pheromones: Pheromone Information Library

I tried Addidas Moves at Walmart

a few days ago. It reminded me a lot of AE, might make a decent cover. But I don't know, all those frat-boy

scents smell alike to me.

Thread Information