Close

Phero Enthusiast

Default alpha-glyceryl-phosphorylcholine

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Most

excellent material. I have tried all of the "mind booster" choline products on the market with uneven success. Yes

they do improve your memory and enhance your perceptions, they also can make you tight, edgy and give you a mildly

fried feeling in your brain, like the aftermath of a psychedelic.

I recently tried a new choline product

called GPC, the brand was Jarrow, although these are normally made by other manufacturers and packaged then

distributed under a brand name.

GPC is different. Instead of force feeding your acetyl-choline pathways GPC

is the metabolite of choline lipids in the brain cells. The brain will recycle its own GPC to make more of the

needed brain membranes IF there is enough GPC around. If there isn't, the brain makes do with what it

has.

That's really interesting, because it means that the brain is in a better position to regulate how much

GPC it wants to use, sparing you, the consumer, from overdose edgyness.

That's also consistent with my

experience. I took GPC by opening the capsule and dumping it under my tongue. It has a mild sweet taste. Some went

directly into my bloodstream, some went to my stomach.

My short term memory rapidly improved. I've noticed

unmistakable signs of STM deficit as I approach 50, as well as lowered mental energy and some narrowing of my

interests.

The first line of defense was to get my hormones back in balance, which I did with extensive

blood testing and medical supervision. That helped although it wasn't the whole story.

I still felt foggy,

groggy, Old Fartism was sneaking up on me and I was helpless to stop it. I tried many of the strong congitive

enhancers and had to discontinue them soon after beginning as my motor nerves were getting too stimulated and I

would be as tight as dried out rawhide. Sexy feeling it wasn't.

GPC, thank goodness, is a different story.

After about 3 days of adapting to higher acetyl-choline (meaning, coming out of a pre-senile fog) it feels just

about right. I think this nutrient allows the conversion process to self regulate much better and this equals

feeling much better.

The benefits are significantly enhanced short term memory, better consolidation into

long term memory, quicker "wit", faster reflexes, better memory retrieval, and an enhanced mood.

It is

shocking to observe how the ageing process insidiously creeps up on the brain, and we are most fortunate that there

are better ways to deal with it than ever before.

Can young guys take this or no?

Phero Enthusiast

Default I don't see why not, take some pantethine with it (B-5)

If I had had this in my university days my GPA probably would have been .5-1.0 point higher.

I think all the intense study for one subject would consume my stores of acetyl-choline or the phospho cholines in

my neurons, and I wouldn't have the rebound energy to attact a second subject nearly as much. I would definitely

consider it if I was on a steep learning curve (law school, job with specific requirements). Some kids used to take

speed to hopefully ace an exam but later they would crash so hard and in some cases the speed appeared to have done

long term injury to their ability to think clearly. That scared me away from speed once and for all... that weird

unfocused apathy of a non-speeding speed user... UGH ! With GPC there's a little taste of a rev at first however it

is not speedy (no autonomic problems like blood pressure or thumping heart) then you adapt and you are just sharper,

"more there".... you need a little extra vitamine b-5, but pantethine, the active form of b-5 is

better....

While im thinking about this, I stumbled across another incredible supplement that almost nobody

in the USA knows about. It is a fat soluble form of vitamin b-1 (thiamine), this stuff is made in Germany, it is

called Benfotiamine (benfo-thiamin... or in english, di-benzo-thiamine)... it has some fascinating anti-ageing

properties ( a LONG story you might not be interested in, but it powerfully inhibits the formation of some nasty

cellular waste called epsilon-carboxymethyl lysine, otherwise scientifically knowns as Cell Shit).... in the brain,

though, Benfotiamine direcly affects the astrocyte's (these are the cells that "feed" the neurons) ability to

metabolize glucose... when you drink heavily you interfere with the brains ability to use thiamine, and eventually

the brain degenerates with Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome (skid row bums are the way they are more from thiamine

deficiency brain damage)... well, that's a long and grim story, the good news is that Benfotiamine seems to help

normal brains to think better too. I take 100 mg. of Benfotiamine in 2 50 mg. doses, once in the A.M. and once

before bed. I feel a ton better, sleep better, and handle dietary sugars better. Manufactured by Worwag GmBH. Legal,

safe, effective, relatively cheap.... what's not to like ?

Thanks for the info. I'm

in!

But...
    you need a little extra vitamine b-5, but pantethine, the active form of b-5 is

better....
    Why? Adrenal stress?

Uhm!!

Sources??

GNC?

Thanks!!
    Freedom begins when you tell Mrs. Grundy to go fly a kite.
    --Lazarus Long

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnjim
    Uhm!!

Sources??

GNC?

Thanks!!
    Try this one, Good quality and better prices:

http://www.wholesalesupplementstore.com/

Phero Enthusiast

Default a great source is iherb.com

iherb

carries everything known to man.

They have benfotiamine in 80 mg and 150 mg. (the high dose is used by

diabetics with nerve pain)...

BenfotiamineDoctor's Best, 80 mg/ 120 Veggie Caps
    • Helps Maintain

Healthy Cells*

Benfotiamine ( S-benzyolthiamine-O-monophosphate ) is a synthetic derivative of thiamin,

belonging to the family of compounds knows as "allithiamines." Benofotiamine is fat-soluble and more bioavailable

and physiologically active than thiamin.* Benfotiamine raises the blood level of thiamin pyrophosphate (TPP, the

biologically active co-enzyme of thiamin, and stimulates transkotelase, a cellular enzyme essential for maintenance

of normal glucose metabolic pathways.

• Helps maintain healthy cells in the presence of blood glucose.

• Controls formation of Advanced Glycation Endproducts (AGEs)*
    • Normalizes cellular processes fueled by

glucose

metabolites.*

.................................................. .................................
    and

GPC...

Alpha GPC 300, Jarrow Formulas, 300 mg, 60 Veggie Caps
    • Protects Brain Function

• Dietary Supplement

Usage: Take 1 to 2 capsules per day with a meal, or as directed by your

qualified health consultant.

.................................................. ................................

Alpha GPC

(L-alphaglycerylphosphosphorylcholine), also known as choline alfoscerate) is a phospholipid metabolite found

concentrated in neuronal membranes. Made from lecithin, Alpha GPC is extremely well absorbed and crosses the blood

brain barrier. In the brain Alpha GPC supports brain function and learning processes by directly increasing the

synthesis and secretion of acetylcholine. Alpha GPC protects neurons and improves signal transmission by serving as

a precursor to membrane phospholipids. Each Jarrow Formulas® Alpha GPC 300 vegetarian capsule contains 300 mg of

elemental Alpha GPC.

Phero Enthusiast

Default A note about caffeine

As you get

older you may obseve that you need to drink a lot of coffee to wake up your brain. When you begin taking GPC you may

feel "the jangles". I discovered that it wasn't the GPC doing this. My brain suddenly needed less caffeine to snap

to attention. I was ODing on caffeine, not GPC ! If you need a pot of expresso to get rolling in the morning, cut

your intake by half when you start with GPC. You may notice that you feel just as

alert.
    .................................................. .................................
    Pantothentic acid,

Pantethine: this ia a vitamin that does many things in the body. One of them is to help product the neurotransmitter

Acetyl-choline. A small addition of b-5 will help your brian make the acetylcholine it needs to form

memories.

interest

ing side effect of GPC: seems to mildly reduce appetite. Turned around... as we age we don't regulate our bodily

processes as well. I sort of suspect that as the brain gets older it doesn't respond as well to the "YO, enough

already" signals. GPC feels like it tunes this loop up too. I'm hungry but I'm not mindlessly hungry. I notice

that I can cut back on food more easily. My gut is already shrinking... and that's fine with me...

Phero Dude

This is a great thread...thanks

for all the valuable info Surfs UP...I think I'm going to try both these supplements. At times I notice that I'am

not as acute as I used to be either & I have alleviated this somewhat by eliminating refined sugar & white flour

based products from my diet

Thread Information