Close

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Cool Do u find that you attract a certain type of person?

visit-red-300x50PNG
    I went out last night (big surprise) and decided to apply 4 sprays of Chikara, chest, inner wrists and

back of neck, and 1 dab PI on the right side of my neck.
    I applied 1 spray of my favorite cologne and out I

went.

The bar is considered rather upscale with a yuppie (does this word still exist?) type crowd.
    I

ordered a drink and moved to a clear spot where I could check out the ladies, I noticed a rather tall shapely black

woman giving a few glances my way, but she was with a male companion so I didn't follow up.
    In front of me some

more women had assembled including a rather plump woman with short dark hair. I stood there telling myself that at

some point this woman is going to approach me and sure enough she up to me real close asking me why I was holding up

the wall (actually I was leaning against a chair).
    I mumbled something and I guess she got discouraged and moved

on.

Now my question is this? Do you find women who are not considered shall we say 9-10s approaching you in

one way or the other, I'm always getting large women buzzing me online or hitting on me at clubs and such, a

coworker of some size came to my desk asking me if I was married.

I believe that certain people attract

certain types of people eg. you have those guys who pray on insecure woman but are repelled by strong willed

women.

What are your thoughts just curious.

DCW

At 54 with a wife and 2.5 kids in

tow most of the time, I don't get hit on much anymore, but when I was young (and very shy), I used to date almost

exclusively women who had the guts to take the first second and third steps in getting to know me. So, they were

always strong women, but they seemed to alternate being totallly grounded Earth-mother types to the opposite extreme

of wild and crazy. I really don't know why it worked out like that, but looking back it was uncannily so.

Fortunately, I ended on an Earth-Mother and we are living happily ever after.

Love,
    Bruce

Thats what I'm taking about, how may

times have you heard women say "why do I attract these jerks" ? I think that we send off signals that we are unaware

of.
    Like Kreskin use to call suggestion.

DCW

DCW:

Aggressive women are

often fat chicks. They kinda have to be.

Also, girls who will hook up with quickly with guys (who have

barely told them there name) are more often 4-6 than 7-10.

Anyway, you get the point.

Now my

question is this? Do you find women who are not considered shall we say 9-10s approaching you in one way or the

other,
    I attract weird ones...psycho-chicks in a couple of cases. Physically they vary.

Charming Loner

I seem to attract

obsessive, neurotic, and aggressive females. I think a large part of that has to do with my phero signature, because

many times I do nothing to encourage this behavior, sometimes even discourage in some cases, yet they don't

cease...They can range from unattractive ladies to stunningly beautiful damsels, so looks can vary, but of course,

the less attractive ones are usually more aggressive. And of course, perfectly (I think) normal females like me too,

but I prefer a LITTLE eccentricity...

I've found that certain women seem

to specialize in shy guys. They can be very nice, but generally aren't your typical "10".

B

Funny we haven't herd from any of

the ladies yet. I guess there getting out their scrapbooks.

DCW

Phero Guru

Default none

hmmm, I seem lately to be

attracting what my girlfriend Sue calls herself: the Marian the Librarian types. My thinking is that, only

provided they get to know me a bit, they have been in academia a long time and want to expand their horizons a bit

with guys who were previously military, travelled a bit, and have a different life experience. It's kinda cool

really as I sorta thought these types were unavailable to me. I love it when those glasses come off!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DCW
    I went out last

night (big surprise) and decided to apply 4 sprays of Chikara, chest, inner wrists and back of neck, and 1 dab PI on

the right side of my neck.
    I applied 1 spray of my favorite cologne and out I went.

The bar is considered

rather upscale with a yuppie (does this word still exist?) type crowd.
    I ordered a drink and moved to a clear spot

where I could check out the ladies, I noticed a rather tall shapely black woman giving a few glances my way, but she

was with a male companion so I didn't follow up.
    In front of me some more women had assembled including a rather

plump woman with short dark hair. I stood there telling myself that at some point this woman is going to approach me

and sure enough she up to me real close asking me why I was holding up the wall (actually I was leaning against a

chair).
    I mumbled something and I guess she got discouraged and moved on.

Now my question is this? Do you find

women who are not considered shall we say 9-10s approaching you in one way or the other, I'm always getting large

women buzzing me online or hitting on me at clubs and such, a coworker of some size came to my desk asking me if I

was married.

I believe that certain people attract certain types of people eg. you have those guys who pray on

insecure woman but are repelled by strong willed women.

What are your thoughts just curious.

DCW
    Look at it this way at list you're getting some attention. Feel surprise when no

one
    notice you. (checks her jeans tag) Ohh uh you're right! here's another girl who isn't size 9

talking to you.
    Btw chubby girls need love too.

Phero Guru

Default none

SweetBrenda, We're loaded

up with chocolate here - will you be our "type"?

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

With the obesity epidemic

being so widespread in the US, the issue of romance and "person's of size" is probably necessary for people to

discuss at some point (although perhaps in private with close friends?). "Visible bodyfat issues" of one kind or

another are an obstacle to romance for both men and women, way moreso than ever in my own experience. That is truly

a very sad thing, because great people who might otherwise click romantically too often don't. Everybody loses in

this situation. But it's not clear what a sensitive way to discuss it would be; or even whether this thread started

off in the right way for it to happen here at all without hurting people's feelings.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

I'm a whopper!

That is the problem with

todays dater's. They never give anyone a chance unless they are borderline anerexic. If people would stop being so

damn judgemental there would be a hell of alot more love in this world. And alot less lonely people. Quality is in

the persons personality not looks. I would never judge a person by their weight nor would i worry what my friends

might think if they saw me talking to this individual. I hate that rating system of numbers also how insensitive to

be labled a 5 or a 6. If you have a nice personality your a 10 in my book. my advise is get out there with your

mones and be nice to whoever comes to talk, you don't have to marry or hump the person because you talk to them

just have a good time.

Everybody has physical preferences.

It is not intended to be mean or personal, and nobody should be ashamed about it.

I don't think it is

shallow either. It's life, evolution, natural selection.

Hang on Hang on, I wasn't being

judgemental in a negative way, I was just making a personal observation. The 9-10 remark wasn't ment to be

exclusive to big girls, a what is big anyway, you don't know who I have in that classification.
    For the record I

have dated a full spectrum of size and color

In any event the post was really about attraction and

trends.

DCW

Don't hate the hater, hate the skater -Lincoln 1863

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

I understand having hurt

feelings here, SW; really I do! I'm sorry your feelings were hurt. DCW's post wasn't the most sensitive to make

in mixed company, though it was honest. A "large" or "plump" woman (the same words the women are using, not the

"fat" phrase you said he used) apparently hit on him. He wasn't attracted to her and he gave her the cold shoulder.

This kind of rejection happens hundreds of thousands of times to every guy too, and each time it hurts.

Not

everyone is going to be attracted to us. But after we get our feelings hurt we could take some responsibility for

those feelings ("accept and move on", as my friend says) and not just indulge ouselves in rage against the person

who rejects us or someone else. I'm not saying it's easy. But the internet gives us the luxury of being able to

cool down before replying. I've had to literally "sleep on it" (when I didn't want to) several times before

posting replies in this forum.

It's very OK to tell people you feel offended and to describe what it was they

said that was offensive for you. But once the name-calling starts there is almost NO hope of anyone talking about

anything anymore. Plus, you are a newbie, and this board has some (for now) unwritten rules about respect. lt's

great when women participate here, so we male members don't want to chase them away with insensitivity. On the

other hand, people are going to talk frankly about attraction in this "science of attraction" forum, so newbies of

both genders should know this beforehand, and could prepare themselves to participate constructively.
    Last edited by belgareth; 07-04-2004 at 01:31 PM.
    DrSmellThis (creator of P H E R O S)

Cool

Thanks Doc, as a matter of fact I was

in the same bar at during the Super Bowl trying to get the attention of certain lady when she said quite honestly

that I wasn't her type.
    I didn't get mad or curse I just moved on to another prospect.
    You also have to

consider where I was, it was a bar filled with high rollers, divorcees, singles and a few hookers (a story for

another time) I wasn't at a church picnic.

The truth of the matter is most people chave a certain personal

preference whether it be height, weight, social status, race, money or personality.
    If that wasn't true we would

all be married at 18 and raising families.

Like I said I was just making a personal observation about my

experience, which shouldn't matter because it certainly doesn't apply to some one like you with such a busy social

life :-).

DCW

Don't hate the hater, hate the skater -Lincoln 1863

cuddlebear

Well, I actually LIKE full

figured women

But your point is well taken ... I have also noticed a pattern of certain types being more

likely to approach than others ... I got interested in pheromone products because I wanted to expand my horizons,

not necessarily to discourage the ones I was already attracting, but to bring some other types into the picture as

well ...

Good posting ... Maybe I should donate some of my points to you

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by cuddlebear
    Well, I actually

LIKE full figured women

But your point is well taken ... I have also noticed a pattern of certain types

being more likely to approach than others ... I got interested in pheromone products because I wanted to expand my

horizons, not necessarily to discourage the ones I was already attracting, but to bring some other types into the

picture as well ...

Good posting ... Maybe I should donate some of my points to you

Thats exactly the point I was making...thank you.
    I know I should of word it differently

the 9-10 reference was more of society's view but I wanted to get a reaction.

The honest truth is I date

women of size in fact a friend of mine called me yesturday about going out. We had to cancell a few times because of

weather, schedules and other factors. She is a very pretty Cuban/Mexican woman that I've know for 2 yrs.

The

last paragraph of my post is really what I was getting at.

Don't hate the hater, hate the skater -Lincoln

Young cute things never go for

me, although I try, they quickly run away. For some reason New Age hippies types and tall black women often approach

me--sometimes hound me. I'm a small (5'8" 145lbs) Asian guy, so I haven't a clue why they find me attractive.

Maybe's it's my profession--musician--or my clothing? I'm a man of few words, so it ain't my fine conversation.

The pheros I've been playing with the last month seem to intensify what's already there and the same types of

women are increasingly bolder.

My opinion on this isn't quite

as polite as burgerama's. I have no problems being friends with big girls, going out drinking and shooting pool

with them, but have no interest other than friendship. I just don't find excessive body fat attractive.
    I see it

the same as smoking. Unattractive, unhealthy, and if a person really wants to change it, they can. There seem to

be hundreds of diet methods, and each one will work if the person actually follows it. Nobody suddenly wakes up

fat, they have to look in the mirror at some point and say "this is getting unattractive, I should do something

about it."
    Big girls do need love too, but I'm not the man to do it. All of the big girls I know who have good

attitudes have at least one decent guy chasing after them. It just happens to be a guy they're not attracted

to.
    A good attitude and a pretty smile help a lot, and are more important to a girl's attrativeness than her

weight, but there are limits.
    Funny thing is I don't like really skinny girls either. Perfect would be 5'4" and

140 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by burgerama1960
    That is

the problem with todays dater's. They never give anyone a chance unless they are borderline anerexic. If people

would stop being so damn judgemental there would be a hell of alot more love in this world. And alot less lonely

people. Quality is in the persons personality not looks. I would never judge a person by their weight nor would i

worry what my friends might think if they saw me talking to this individual. I hate that rating system of numbers

also how insensitive to be labled a 5 or a 6. If you have a nice personality your a 10 in my book. my advise is get

out there with your mones and be nice to whoever comes to talk, you don't have to marry or hump the person because

you talk to them just have a good time.
    Good for you! What a great attitude.

When I meet

somebody new the first thing that catches my attention is their expression; do they look like they laugh a lot or

have that sparkle in their eye like they are happy? I personally don't have time to waste on unpleasant people and

attitudes so try to spend my time around people who enjoy themselves. That rating scale is superficial and only

measures your opinion of a persoon's looks. By using it, you miss out on knowing some of the finest people in the

world. If a romance develops between two people others don't regard as 8's or better in looks, so? Maybe they are

happy and that is a hell of a lot more important. I'll take a cheerful "5" with a good mind and principles over any

"10" with a scowl or an attitude any day.

Sadhu
    I´don´t know I lost my compass,you have to go and check my old profile

There seem to be hundreds of

diet methods, and each one will work if the person actually follows it.
    nope! They only work for those who

sell them $$$$

I agree about the weight not being a factor for friendship, just like skin colour or

nationality or age all those things don´t matter to me-how can they? It´s hard enough meeting someone you click

with and if they have a decent character too that´s already a huge bonus and those 2 things are what I look out for

in others.
    Sex partners are easy to find but I have a feeling sometimes that good and cool people are a dying

species

I don´t like fat flabby guys on top of me either Women can put on weight and look even sexier

but men don´t Too much weight is not good either.
    The rating system is total rubbish because everyone

has their own rating sytem based on their own personal preferences.

Smile

I like all types of shapes and

sizes but it's the hour glass figure that's exceptionally sexy to me...and it doesn't matter how big the hour

glass is either

Stranger

Now we all know that physical

attraction is the first criteria that we face. It would be a better world if that were true but the fact is that it

is not. I personally have lost 42lbs in the last 17wks following Weight Watchers (it does work if you follow it, no

doubt about that!!) which was a program I refused to do or look into for years because I thought it was for women. (

and most participants are, although there were more men than I thought and we, men, kinda become the darlings of the

group).

I personally have noticed that I am getting far more looks than I use to even without the mones. Since

my personality has always been outgoing, I can not contribute it simply to a gain in confidence that came along with

the weightloss although I do feel much much much better and that has to be showing through.

Our bodies are too

wonderful a machine to have meant to be weighed down (pardon the pun) with excess fat which causes it to malfunction

and/or break down early. While, I truly believe there is someone for everyone, excess weight can hold one back from

being viewed and given the chance that the personality otherwise might afford them. If you're never taken for a

test drive no one will know how good or pleasant the ride is or could be!! ( and not just sexually!)

The best

thing, would be to try to lose the weight if one can. Again, personal experience tells me it is better for my

health, wealth (working harder, more energy) and confidence and probably will assist me in helping the mones work

for me.

I was fat, now just a little heavy (still losing) and while it may be unfair to heavy people to

discriminate against them in anyway, it remains a fact of life and who said life would always be fair?

I know it’s shallow to rate people,

but I think most people do it anyway.
    My system is unique because it’s based on how many spots I would

kiss. Just about anybody rates a kiss on the (facial) cheek, unless they have a really bad skin condition or I

dislike them.
    Many interesting insights come from this system. For example it’s very difficult to get

above a 10 unless I’ve gotten a few insights into a girl’s personality. (Monica Belucci ranks a 12. But she’s

special.) Some of the ladies I work with have managed to rack up more points than all the famous screen idols.

(15)
    Another insight is that a girl has to be very nice to me to score above a twenty, and an otherwise

attractive woman can get a negative score (make me want to spit) on the basis of her personality alone (eg. Ann

Coultier). Also implants serve to deduct points rather than add them (Does anybody actually enjoy kissing those

things?)
    On the disturbing side, I’ve discovered that Johnny Depp (3) scores higher than Pam Anderson

(1).

To answer the question... Without pheromones, I tend to attract married women in the 3-6

range. With pheromones, it’s a wide open field; and, since the mones make women act nicer than they actually are, I

find myself giving them a higher rank than they deserve.

With regards to body weight. Chubby can be

cute if it’s firm. Flab is a turn off at any weight range. (It seems many older women could outscore the younger

ones if they could only firm up their thighs and triceps.)

Of course none of this has much to do with

friendship.
    I think romance is highly overrated. Good friends are a treasure that increases it’s value

with time. I don’t care what Hollywood says, romance will always fade.
    A lot of people are familiar with

the distinction: “eros” (loving desire), “filia” (loving friendship), and “agape” (selfless — so called spiritual —

love). Mass marketing and the entertainment industry’s got everybody craving for eros, and religion’s got everybody

pumped up on agape. But, if you think about it, loving friendship is the most stable, rational and rewarding love

there is. (Eros makes the other an instrument of your desire. Agape makes you the instrument of the other’s need.

Whereas filia creates a reciprocating bond between people.)

Regarding diets... My mom’s been on dozens

with little success. Then her doctor told her she would have to lose 30lbs or get back surgery. One year later she’s

already lost 45. She just counts calories and walks every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Numanoid
    I like all types of

shapes and sizes but it's the hour glass figure that's exceptionally sexy to me...and it doesn't matter how big

the hour glass is either
    Women with that 1:2 waist to hip ratio (or is it 1 to 1.5?) are twice as

fertile. Its all about ratios. No wonder men are not attracted to flabby stomachs. We are attracted to fertility.

Nothing mean about that. Just as it is not mean that many women are not interested in me because I am

skinny. Healthiness has to have its place in attraction - it is the foundation of it. We need to be able to

successfully pass down our genes, and that requires a healthy partner.

Phero Dude

Quote Originally Posted by cuddlebear
    Well, I

actually LIKE full figured women
    Cuddle: I'm TOTALLY with you on that.. I've always like a woman who

not only LOOKS, but more importantly, FEELS like a woman. I've had a few VERY skinny girlfriends (one was 5'10 and

weighed 105 pounds), but by and large, I prefer the curvier gals.

Quote Originally Posted by einstein
    There seem to be

hundreds of diet methods, and each one will work if the person actually follows it.
    Einstein, I

completely agree.

A lot of overweight people that I am friends with seem to have improper eating habits, and

if they want me to help them lose weight I tell them how to eat right. It always seems like the majority follow it

for a week and when they dont see themselves loosing enormous amounts of fat immediately they start to cheat on

their diet. A daniesh here, some cake here, and soon they give up on it all together.

But then again, there

are people that decide to take action and they loose the weight and keep it off, because they are determined people

with a strong will to accomplish what they want. If any of you want some modivation, check out this guy's site,

looses a tremendous amount of weight just by dieting and sticking to it. Its really quite

remarkable.

http://www.johnstonefitness.com/php/pictures.php

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread Information