Close

Default scents to go w/unscented products

visit-red-300x50PNG
    Hello

all, I\'m currently considering another order, this time of unscented SOE gel. I\'ve had what I believe to be

some possible results with scented SOE gel, but as I really dislike scent overload I don\'t use that much at a

time. I want to start experimenting with more SOE at one time, plus diluted TE.

My question is regarding

non-cologne scents to go with these products. I have a cologne I like to wear, but it\'s not appropriate for

things like going to the beach or just out and about, I don\'t really like smelling \"cologne-y\" in very casual

situations. Some people who remember my earlier posts will probably remember how picky I am :-) I\'d like to

thank Bruce for offering unscented SOE BTW, I was asking for it and haven\'t bought any yet because it came as an

oil base, and I didn\'t see the gel. I\'d still like to see it in an ethanol base, but hey, take what you can

get..

anyway, back to my original question. I guess I\'m looking for some sort of elemental fragrances, maybe

essential oils or alcohol-based scents that I could use that don\'t smell cologne-y. Hopefully you know what I

mean. There\'s a hippy market near here with all sorts of aromatherapy oils but I have no idea if those are safe

for application to the skin.

I want something not terribly masculine, not too sweet, maybe a little spicy/warm,

but I\'m open to suggestions. My current cologne is Tuscany for men, which has a pretty strong top note, but

after it\'s faded for a few hours it has a wonderful lingering scent that I like, and women seem to love.

Phero Dude

Default Re: scents to go w/unscented products

If

at the beach perhaps body lotions or Axe. I\'m not sure how well tanning lotions/oils would work with TE.

& Double Naught Spy InternationalPlayboy's Avatar

I\'ve read some posts here about mixing a few drops of the mones with suntan lotion. That would be

perfect for the beach.

As for essential oils, I think most if not all of the pure oils should be cut with jojoba

oil. Other light, non-fragrant oils can be used but jojoba\'s the best. There are oils you definitely don\'t

want to apply to the skin though. The best advice I can give there is to buy a book on aromatherapy or check out one

from your local library.

Two good oils to wear for fragrance are sandalwood and patchouli.

Go check out some of the blends in the essential oils. I absolutely adore the Sensual Blend from

Aromaland. It\'s not very girly, IMO, but I wear it a lot anyway. Spicy!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] You may find something you like. To use them, get a bottle of body

oil and put about 10 drops of the EO in to start, see how strong it is, and add more from there. I\'d probably add

about 20 drops to one of my bottles, but ymmv. I love earthy scents on men. Yum!

As IP said, patchouli might be a good choice for you. I hate it, but it\'s said to be a major female

attractant.

Wow, some quick responses. Yeah, I\'m not too big on patchouli. I like it in small doses on other people but

not for myself. Warm, earthy, slightly spicy, maybe a hint of citrus or something, these are things that come to

mind when I\'m thinking about it.

I just did a bit of research and found out about jojoba oil and whatnot, so I

may try it out a bit. More comments appreciated. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If you don\'t have jojoba, you can always go to Walgreen\'s or similar and get some of that

Neutrogena body oil, or the Vitamin E oil. I love both of them. You\'ll burn on the beach if you put the Vitamin E

oil on though. It\'s kinda thick--but great for after showers.

Check out the Aromaland Sensual Blend, you may

like it. It\'s got nutmeg, palmarosa, peru balsam, vetiver, and ylang ylang. It\'s spicy with that wonderful

earthy undertone of vetiver. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

hummm that\'s an intersting site, and the blends will probably smell better than my experimentation, I may try a

couple of those. thanks. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    You\'ll burn on the beach if you put the Vitamin

E oil on though.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Oh yeah, I\'ll be wearing sunscreen of some

sort most of the time, I\'m whiter than a ghost in a blizzard [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Pheros is similar to what you are describing. Pure sandalwood EO is a great EO to use.

& Double Naught Spy InternationalPlayboy's Avatar

Yeah, Pheros is good stuff! I think there is a bit of a wait until the Doctor releases another shipment

though. Guess he wants to get us Jonesing. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I remember a couple

of other techniques for cover now. One poster here mentioned mixing it with hair gel. And another was using Old

Spice Pure Sport Body Spray.

Thread Information