In another thread, Oscar wrote:

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
CK,

Having

done a brief search on \"Androsterol\", I came up with more instances where it was referenced as a botanical

compound than anything else. For instance it\'s found in several varieties of Dogbane, Hemps, and even in

Dandelions.
Still confused! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Oscar

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

That brings

up a question I\'ve had for awhile. Along the interstate towards both Phoenix and San Diego, they have Border

Patrol checkpoints. When I went to Phoenix in March, they had a dog standing right next to the road while the line

slowly moved past. The cars in front of me stopped and my trunk was right in front of the dog. I don\'t know how

much that was for intimidation and how sensitive a dog\'s sense of smell is, but I understand it is pretty good. I

don\'t know if the dog was for finding hidden people, explosives, drugs, or all three. I\'ve been told that a

dog\'s job is specialized, that is he is either an explosives dog or a drug dog, but not both. But I can\'t see

any reason why he can\'t be trained to find more than one type of contraband.

My question is, if I\'m

carrying mones in my car and go through this situation again, is the dog going to react to the mones and inconvience

me by triggering a search of my car and my having to explain these chemicals?

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

I was once cornered by a police dog that was a neighbor\'s

pet/work dog when I was a teenage hippie in the 70s and they make me uneasy to this day. Even though I may be as

pure as the driven snow nowadays.