Close

& Double Naught Spy InternationalPlayboy's Avatar

Default Pheromones and Police Dogs

visit-red-300x50PNG
    In another thread, Oscar wrote:

</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    CK,

Having

done a brief search on \"Androsterol\", I came up with more instances where it was referenced as a botanical

compound than anything else. For instance it\'s found in several varieties of Dogbane, Hemps, and even in

Dandelions.
    Still confused! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Oscar

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

That brings

up a question I\'ve had for awhile. Along the interstate towards both Phoenix and San Diego, they have Border

Patrol checkpoints. When I went to Phoenix in March, they had a dog standing right next to the road while the line

slowly moved past. The cars in front of me stopped and my trunk was right in front of the dog. I don\'t know how

much that was for intimidation and how sensitive a dog\'s sense of smell is, but I understand it is pretty good. I

don\'t know if the dog was for finding hidden people, explosives, drugs, or all three. I\'ve been told that a

dog\'s job is specialized, that is he is either an explosives dog or a drug dog, but not both. But I can\'t see

any reason why he can\'t be trained to find more than one type of contraband.

My question is, if I\'m

carrying mones in my car and go through this situation again, is the dog going to react to the mones and inconvience

me by triggering a search of my car and my having to explain these chemicals?

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

I was once cornered by a police dog that was a neighbor\'s

pet/work dog when I was a teenage hippie in the 70s and they make me uneasy to this day. Even though I may be as

pure as the driven snow nowadays.

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

Default Re: Pheromones and Police Dogs

In another thread, Oscar

wrote:

CK,

Having done a brief search on

\"Androsterol\", I came up with more instances where it was referenced as a botanical compound than anything else.

For instance it\'s found in several varieties of Dogbane, Hemps, and even in Dandelions.
    Still confused!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Oscar [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

That brings up a question I\'ve had for awhile. Along the

interstate towards both Phoenix and San Diego, they have Border Patrol checkpoints. When I went to Phoenix in March,

they had a dog standing right next to the road while the line slowly moved past. The cars in front of me stopped and

my trunk was right in front of the dog. I don\'t know how much that was for intimidation and how sensitive a

dog\'s sense of smell is, but I understand it is pretty good. I don\'t know if the dog was for finding hidden

people, explosives, drugs, or all three. I\'ve been told that a dog\'s job is specialized, that is he is either

an explosives dog or a drug dog, but not both. But I can\'t see any reason why he can\'t be trained to find more

than one type of contraband.

My question is, if I\'m carrying mones in my car and go through this situation

again, is the dog going to react to the mones and inconvience me by triggering a search of my car and my having to

explain these chemicals? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

I was once cornered by a police

dog that was a neighbor\'s pet/work dog when I was a teenage hippie in the 70s and they make me uneasy to this

day. Even though I may be as pure as the driven snow nowadays.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">
    In general dogs have been friendly and/or respectful to me while sportin\' mones, which makes

sense. -Mones are so natural to a dog, and so common, it would be difficult to train them to respond to them as

something out of the ordinary. Every living thing has them. Cops, the -none-filled creatures that they are, might be

self-defeating to train them to attack mones, which would be purposeless anyway, as mone users are hardly prominent

public enemies. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I\'ve

had police dogs walk straight past me while wearing \'mones, displaying only a momentary flicker of interest.

Police dogs are usually very well trained, and will probably only react to what they\'re supposed to react

to.

Hungry

Phero Pharaoh

As

the Doc said, -mones are common. With the amount we wear here, I can see a dog holding his breath now as you drive

past. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Doctor of Scentology DrSmellThis's Avatar

The

police dog will hump you.

So will

the police.

Holmes

Phero Enthusiast

Drug dogs

are trained to look for other compounds than the -nol, theres actually very very little of it in hemp. There are

other, more aromatic substances there (easily smellable by humans as well) that they react to.

</font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
    As the Doc said, -mones are common. With the amount we wear here, I can see a

dog holding his breath now as you drive past. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">
    If we used,those perfumes that were made of \"animal pheros\",what would

happen ?(i heard there were some products with animal pheros)

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Depends on which animal pheromones you used. I keep getting this mental image of a porcine riot

breaking out at the local livestock show when some poor soul inadvertantly wears pig pheromones.

In another thread, Oscar

wrote:

CK,

Having done a brief search on

\"Androsterol\", I came up with more instances where it was referenced as a botanical compound than anything else.

For instance it\'s found in several varieties of Dogbane, Hemps, and even in Dandelions.
    Still confused!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Oscar [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

That brings up a question I\'ve had for awhile. Along the

interstate towards both Phoenix and San Diego, they have Border Patrol checkpoints. When I went to Phoenix in March,

they had a dog standing right next to the road while the line slowly moved past. The cars in front of me stopped and

my trunk was right in front of the dog. I don\'t know how much that was for intimidation and how sensitive a

dog\'s sense of smell is, but I understand it is pretty good. I don\'t know if the dog was for finding hidden

people, explosives, drugs, or all three. I\'ve been told that a dog\'s job is specialized, that is he is either

an explosives dog or a drug dog, but not both. But I can\'t see any reason why he can\'t be trained to find more

than one type of contraband.

My question is, if I\'m carrying mones in my car and go through this situation

again, is the dog going to react to the mones and inconvience me by triggering a search of my car and my having to

explain these chemicals? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

I was once cornered by a police

dog that was a neighbor\'s pet/work dog when I was a teenage hippie in the 70s and they make me uneasy to this

day. Even though I may be as pure as the driven snow nowadays.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

IP,

It\'s worth mentioning that the compound \"AndrosteROL\" that I was talking

about in that other thread, is NOT a listed ingredient in any of the products currently sold on Love-Scent\'s site

or any other reliable phero site I could find.

What I COULD find out about it was that it\'s a component of

\"boar saliva\", a botanical compound found in those plants I had mentioned above, and a substance tested by M.

McClintock in the study that DST\'s link referenced.

The only place that I can find where it is mentioned as an

ingredient of a phero product for human use is on pheromoneoil\'s website where it is ERRONEOUSLY listed as one of

the ingredients of the \"Pherogel\" group of gel-pack products (Pherogel, Allure, and Charisma).
    The Pherogel

formulae mimic those of the AE\'s.

At any rate, I would suppose that your average drug-sniffing dog would be

trained to be more attuned to THC than Androsterol or any of the other seemingly incidental components found in the

hemp products. If Androsterol were one of the compounds that alerted them, they\'d go apesh!t every time they came

across a dandelion! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Not to worry!

Oscar

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

& Double Naught Spy InternationalPlayboy's Avatar

Thanks for pointing that out Oscar, I guess I need to memorize the reference material, I\'m still

getting my -ols mixed up. I\'m getting pretty familiar of what the effect of certain products are supposed to be,

but still don\'t have the ingredients straight.

I should have realized that the dogs would be trained to find

the THC or the obvious scents that pot has. But like I said, police dogs make me paranoid.

Thread Information