PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having problems with broken gel packs?

Bruce
04-10-2004, 10:32 PM
Dear Customers,

Are any of you getting broken gel packs in the mail from us? We rarely get

complaints about it, but recently one customer wrote in to say it happened to him 3 times. Is that just a freak

accident, or does his postman jump on his mail or what?!? I\'m stumped, because we rarely get complaints and we

have shipped many thousands of gel packs over the years.

Thanks in advance for any feedback,
Bruce

Gossamer_2701
04-11-2004, 06:36 AM
It may be the fact that you bubble wrap them, but I\'ve gotten quite a few gel packs, and

not a single one was damaged in any way. I have to say your packing is top notch.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Goss

Bruce
04-11-2004, 07:43 AM
Goss,

I always thought so too. Maybe this one customer has the postman from hell or something and

is jumping on the packages. Ever see the first Ace Ventura Pet Detective? Like that maybe; that\'s all I can

figure.

Thanks,
B

Gossamer_2701
04-11-2004, 11:36 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Ever see the first Ace

Ventura Pet Detective? Like that maybe; that\'s all I can figure.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

LMAO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif That is totally possible.... there

aren\'t as many disgruntled postal workers these days, but I\'m sure they still exist. I personaly have \'the

best mail-lady in the world\' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.... even if my Pheros still

hasn\'t arrived!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Goss

einstein
04-11-2004, 09:54 PM
I\'ve had one broken SOE pack when I ordered the WAGG/SOE gel wacky wednesday special, but I\'ve

recieved 5 or six other orders that came with SOE gels and none of those were broken.

MysteriousMan
04-13-2004, 09:01 AM
Are any of you getting broken

gel packs in the mail from us?

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">
From time to time. I didn\'t say

anything since I have more than I need and your service is good. The worst thing was one of the whacky packages with

all three gel packs squeezed out. So over time the broken gel packs add to about seven.

This is air mail to

Germany.

MysteriousMan

Bruce
04-13-2004, 11:54 AM
Hmmm.... it\'s starting to sound like there are more getting squished than I thought. Maybe they

don\'t survive in the padded envelopes so well even with extra bubble wrap. Maybe they need little boxes for

batches of them; like say boxes of a dozen.

B

ToBeOrNotToBe
04-13-2004, 11:55 AM
Hmmm.... it\'s starting to

sound like there are more getting squished than I thought. Maybe they don\'t survive in the padded envelopes so

well even with extra bubble wrap. Maybe they need little boxes for batches of them; like say boxes of a dozen.

B

That would be great.

Pherona
04-14-2004, 10:13 AM
Erm. Mabbe it was heat or something. Packages placed in a hot place and the gel expanded and popped

out.

Gossamer_2701
04-14-2004, 11:45 AM
I still like the postpersons\' from hell theory

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Disgruntled shape-shifting lizards

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I think so...

oscar
04-14-2004, 12:19 PM
Bruce,

I\'d be curious to know what percentage of those reporting broken gel-packs are overseas

customers. I\'m thinking air-cargo holds and pressure issues.

Or on the domestic side, how many of those broken

packs were received by people who have those antiquated, way too small apartment type mailboxes.

Oscar

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pieroilfiero
04-14-2004, 03:09 PM
im sorry but i cant stop laughing figuring my postman jumping on my letters with a sadistic

sneer on her face..

TopDawg2050
04-21-2004, 11:35 AM
Lmfao. Ive had gel packs shipped by air mail, and they didnt pop. Hey bruce, try those little pint-size

boxes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bjf
04-28-2004, 02:13 PM
Dear Customers,

Are any of you

getting broken gel packs in the mail from us? We rarely get complaints about it, but recently one customer wrote in

to say it happened to him 3 times. Is that just a freak accident, or does his postman jump on his mail or what?!?

I\'m stumped, because we rarely get complaints and we have shipped many thousands of gel packs over the

years.

Thanks in advance for any feedback,
Bruce

Yea, one of

my three Saturday special packets broke, as I got the package today. Seems to be that is just may be

underreported.

ToBeOrNotToBe
04-28-2004, 02:46 PM
Maybe they need little boxes

for batches of them; like say boxes of a dozen.

Bruce, that

would be a great idea. I\'m sure it would avoid gel packs to break.

TopDawg2050
04-29-2004, 01:12 PM
just sent out an order, $80 worth of gel packs, today. I hope they come in a pint sized box, having

them sent through FedEx Ground. If any are broken, the postmen won\'t be the only disgruntled people around here

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DZorro
05-01-2004, 04:33 AM
Well i ordered here for 2 years now , and never had anything broken on me, and i live all the way in

the netehrlands, so no complain here.

DZorro,

ShyGuy
05-01-2004, 03:33 PM
Last year I ordered 18 soe gel packs, and at least 7 or 8 of them leaked. I quickly got replacements

(Great customer service) but they leaked too! Though I got a few more then I asked for, so it all worked out in the

end. Kind of annoying having to clean up the mess though...

Maybe it would be better to distribute them more

evenly throughout the envelope instead of lumping them together. That way there won\'t be so much pressure on

them. Or putting them in a box like you said.

BTW. I never had any problems with the one or two gelpacks that

you used to give away with orders. Just the ones with more gelpacks.

Oh, and this is all using standard

Airmail to Norway BTW.

dolly
05-03-2004, 04:51 PM
I\'ve ordered several of the gel packs, and haven\'t had any broken, but I can see how it could

happen. I think that the idea about spreading them out evenly would probably work, as would putting them in a box.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TopDawg2050
05-04-2004, 10:55 AM
I\'ve seen these little boxes that are about 1\" x 2\" x 1\" they would be PERFECT!

Bruce
05-05-2004, 08:37 AM
Yeah, we need to come up with something for shipping quantities of gels. 1 or 2 as samples seem to be

doing OK.

Thanks for the suggestions,
B

TopDawg2050
05-06-2004, 10:58 AM
Got my order of 50+ gel packs today, not one problem :-) Also they were shipped over 1500+ miles in

less than 14 hours!!! A+++ to FedEx!