PDA

View Full Version : The Story of Pheros

DrSmellThis
03-31-2004, 01:27 AM
Here I sit,

sweaty and smelly, as if in the maternity ward after giving birth. If Arnold could do it so can I! There is no beer

in the fridge, but I\'m sure thirsty for one! But my feet are up now -- too late!

As many of you know by

now, one of your fellow forum members (yours truly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) has designed

an innovative (not to brag, it just is) new product for Love Scent, called Pheros. This product has been in

the process of creation for 15 months, and is now complete. Earlier today, I just shipped the first 100 bottles out

to Love-Scent. Wooo-hooo!

I put Pheros in italics because it is a Greek word, and it is proper style

to do so. The word means \"king\", like \"pharaoh!\" I thought it typified a sort of prototypical alpha

manliness I was trying to put into it. Of course, it is also a play on words.

I am very excited about it, as

this is such a \"cyber setting\" and it is my way of more personally or physically interacting with you all, the

delightful folks that you are. Also, it is exciting for me due to the sheer volume of typing (Jeez, is it 2500 posts

yet?) I have done on this site regarding all things olfactory, telling everyone I make perfume (yeah right!). So

understandably, people have been asking me to make something for Love Scent for some time now, and finally I get to

come out of hiding and reveal that I\'ve been working my butt off to do just that. I was afraid to jinx it before

now. Quite a large sum of money and time was invested in this with no promise of compensation to put this together

(though now it appears I\'m being compensated fairly, thanks to Bruce. I\'m not whining, but rather am very

grateful.). Most days I\'ve worked on it, if only to shake up the monster bottle of concentrate. (This is a good

exercise for your biceps and pecs, BTW, and it is free).

There is a limited amount of this stuff available

(like 1000 bottles?), and once it is gone, it is gone. I couldn\'t recreate it if I wanted to, nor could anyone

else. Why? Because there are a million things besides the fact of which ingredients there are and their proportions

that determine the smell of a perfume (though I could probably come reasonably close). For example, the order and

timing that you add everything in mean a lot, and this stuff was a drop of this here and a drop of that there, for

over a year! I could probably make something even better, on the other hand, as one does improve with practice in

this field, but there will always be something special about this one, as it was a definite labor of

love.

There are somewhere close to 150 natural ingredients. Why so many? Ingredients add up quickly when you

have a vision of what you want to create, and you are going from that. It\'s not about the ingredients, per

se.

Still, you all may notice prominent woody notes like rare Asian oud (the real stuff, at a dollar per drop

wholesale!), mysore sandalwood, vetiver, and juniper (all aphrodisiacs), spices like bay, anise, and cinnamon;

(ditto), and natural musk notes like ambrette, valerian, cistus and costus (ditto). There are classic masculine and

mystical ingredients like frankincense and myrrh in there as well. Then there is a slight floral element that

includes chamomile and jasmine sambac (the queen of sex smells).

Whereas other perfumes claim to smell sexual

or \"erotic\" but do not, this one actually does smell sexual and erotic! So watch out! Just don\'t expect it to

smell like a typical department store cologne, please. It is a natural product. Remember the research that talked

about sticky buns or some pastry as being one of the strongest aphrodisiac smells? Well, you should also notice

notes in there like that -- kind of butterscotchy, carmelly, cinnamony, vanilla-like and nutty. It is not overly

pretty, however, as men are under no obligation to be pretty for anyone! In general it\'s a classic woody scent,

with amber, spice and prominent musk notes. Then there are pheromones, of course.

I hope you all will try

it. Hopefully, by the end of this week, the special introductory offer of 100 limited edition bottles should

commence. I have obtained 100 special bottles which aren\'t overly fancy, but are my favorite small bottles

ever for a man\'s cologne. They feel so great in your hand, are reusable, and are so well balanced! There

is a bulb in the top that cause a slight gurgling when you turn the bottle upside down. I hope I can find more

someday. The bottles are corked, and the corks are waxed on, like they are with wine bottles. The caramel-colored

wax is scented, with Pheros, of course!

The labels were designed by myself in collaboration with a

fine Portland artist. The burgundy boxes are simple but somehow elegant, and the leaflet is on some custom designed

paper, which is nicer than it should be for how long people keep leaflets. I cut all the labels with an x-acto

knife, and pasted them on myself. So we\'re talking home-made from top to bottom. Dare I say collectible?

Each bottle in the limited release is signed and numbered from 1-100; and the boxes are signed, too. It\'s

hard to communicate the amount of unmitigated TLC that you are getting, but I will admit I was even crazy enough to

meditate and chant (very \"good\" words, oh yeah!) over the perfume on most days. -- For what it is worth!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

And for those that may be wondering -- yes, I like it

better than Amouage! Honest! Amouage is for special occasions, whereas I consider this like a basic staple of

\"hygiene\" and olfactory fashion.

As people get their bottles, I will provide more information regarding

proper use, effects, and other such interesting issues. I am always happy to take questions and constructive

comments, and will address them here in this thread.

I wish to thank Bruce Boyd loads for providing this

site and forum, and for giving an upstart whipper-snapper like myself such an opportunity! I also want to thank all

of you for helping me feel at home in the forum, and for providing such interesting conversation! Om alpha!

pico
03-31-2004, 01:49 AM
It sounds simply

brilliant Dr! Have a virtual beer on me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
<font

class=\"small\">Code:</font><hr /><pre> \\ /
C| |
| |
----

&lt;-- beer!
</pre><hr />

Is there anyway we can know the type and amounts of LS pheromones in here?

(unless it\'s secret /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif)
Sounds

brilliant, will order some tomorrow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Icarus
03-31-2004, 02:09 AM
Yep. I want my

signed bottle.

Does it come with some form of photograph of the creator?

Covered in Jam would be my

preference.

All sounds cool, Mr SmellThis.. I\'ve emailed you a beer.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Steve

ToBeOrNotToBe
03-31-2004, 02:11 AM
Hello.

First of all, let me thank you (DrSmellThis) for what you\'ve done. This products seems too good to be true (at

least, in theory).

I just would like to ask you about the \"durability\" (don\'t know if it spells like that)

of the scent. Does it last long?

bundyburger
03-31-2004, 02:58 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Here I sit, sweaty and smelly, as if in the

maternity ward after giving birth. If Arnold could do it so can I! There is no beer in the fridge, but I\'m sure

thirsty for one! But my feet are up now -- too late!

As many of you know by now, one of your fellow forum

members (yours truly ) has designed an innovative (not to brag, it just is) new product for Love Scent, called

Pheros. This product has been in the process of creation for 15 months, and is now complete. Earlier today, I just

shipped the first 100 bottles out to Love-Scent. Wooo-hooo!

I put Pheros in italics because it is a Greek word,

and it is proper style to do so. The word means \"king\", like \"pharaoh!\" I thought it typified a sort of

prototypical alpha manliness I was trying to put into it. Of course, it is also a play on words.

I am very

excited about it, as this is such a \"cyber setting\" and.....

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Alright, alright!!
Stop with the blabbering already and tell us where the free samples are!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DrSmellThis
03-31-2004, 03:07 AM
ToBeOrNotToBe, you can smell the bass notes and a bit of middle note the next day, but not in a strong way. I added

natural fixatives throughout the whole process, especially at the end. Each major note also had its own fixatives

especially added for it, and the perfuming alcohol I use even has it\'s own natural fixatives. Having said that,

it is true that natural perfumes in general don\'t last as long on your skin as synthetic perfumes, which are

chock full of chemical fixatives. One of the results of the beta testing process was that Bruce inquired about

whether I could make it last longer, so I did go back and modify it in several ways so it would last significantly

longer. I am now reasonably satisfied with its longevity, thanks to Bruce\'s input.

The \"too good to be

true\" part has somewhat to do with the fact that almost no one else (except jvk) comes in to the forum to talk

about their product. I don\'t know why. But I know what you mean. The theoretical stuff is sound on a theoretical

level, of course, but it is a matter of translating that to reality. It\'s actual effectiveness out in the field

is another matter. But there are some positive preliminary reports, some of which match the theoretical angle pretty

closely. We\'ll see.

DrSmellThis
03-31-2004, 03:11 AM
Alright, alright!!
Stop with the blabbering

already and tell us where the free samples are! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<hr

/></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Tallmacky will Fed Ex them to you...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

bundyburger
03-31-2004, 04:40 AM
Tallmacky will Fed Ex them to you...

<hr

Oh...
Great.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

How do you think the bottles will stand up to being posted??

Especially over this way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jose
03-31-2004, 05:12 AM
I\'ve always

enjoyed your posts DrSmellthis and I\'m really impressed with the time and effort you put into this product. Which

is one of the reasons why I\'m ordering PHEROS because it was created by you. One question, what are the

reactions from women to PHEROS from the beta testers or you personally?

Jeeves
03-31-2004, 05:20 AM
Dr:
As a big

Amouage fan, you grab my attention when you tell me that you like the smell of this even better. Even taking into

account that you have a slight bias, you have not steered me wrong on scents in the past (first agarwood, then

Amouage), so I look forward to trying this out as well. My question: how many ml of product in each

bottle?

Regards,
Jeeves

Sunny
03-31-2004, 06:47 AM
DrSmellThis,

I

am really impressed by the effort that you have put into this product. I will buy it right away, even if it was just

because I it is so unique and created by a very honorable member of this forum.

Most of the colognes don\'t

work for me... I have spent a lot of money until I found just 2 or 3 which do... Amouage (Gold) doesn\'t work on

my skin at all. So I don\'t know if Pheros works for me, but I can\'t wait to give it a try!

Good

job!!!

Sunny

Bottle
03-31-2004, 08:55 AM
Cant wait

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

when does the link go up to put said Pheros into me

shoppe basket?

and should this limited edition be limited to one per person to be fair...as peeps can always

get refills later on from the main batch.

bigdog
03-31-2004, 08:57 AM
I found a site

that mentioned Jasmine Sambac as the king of musks and being very exotic. It also recommended for a romantic mood

blending it with other great aphrodisiacs - Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang, Rosewood, Patchouli, Vetiver, Rose etc. Also

nice: Bergamot, Orange, Mandarin &amp; Neroli. Lavender and Geranium, Frankincense and Clary Sage.

Thanks again

for the info &amp; the tremendous efforts you put into your creation Doc!

CptKipling
03-31-2004, 09:31 AM
Doc, you are

indeed the man!

This is even more of a personal project than I first guessed, you should go down in the annals

(and yes that was annals) of Love Scent for effort alone!

Good luck again, although I\'m sure you

won\'t need it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

burgerama1960
03-31-2004, 10:12 AM
This stuff

sounds wonderful. The problem is if we like it and it is only a one time deal you will have alot of people

jones\'n\' for it when they run out.

bigdog
03-31-2004, 10:22 AM
If it goes well

people will be greatful for having had the opportunity to use it. The great demand could perhaps tempt the good Doc

into perfuming more. Especially if the demand is so much that a higher price would even be more tempting to him.

DrSmellThis
03-31-2004, 11:19 AM
http://www.love-scent.com/pheros/ (\"http://www.love-scent.com/pheros/\")

Wow, Bruce works fast. I

just found out Pheros is already available, to forum members only! Just follow the above link. Keep in mind

the pictured bottle is beat-up looking compared to what you\'ll get, as that one was my personal stash and had

been in my pocket for some time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

InternationalPlayboy
03-31-2004, 11:25 AM
I

just commented on how I like the look of the package in the \"Big News\" thread.

Bottle
03-31-2004, 11:31 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr

/>
http://www.love-scent.com/pheros/ (\"http://www.love-scent.com/pheros/\")

Wow, Bruce works fast. I

just found out Pheros is already available, to forum members only! Just follow the above link. Keep in mind

the pictured bottle is beat-up looking compared to what you\'ll get, as that one was my personal stash and had

been in my pocket for some time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

yeaaaah I order my \'Bottle\' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

thankyou

good sir

DrSmellThis
03-31-2004, 02:16 PM
You\'re

welcome, Mr. Bottle, and thank you for ordering my odor!

Watcher
03-31-2004, 02:53 PM
As stated by

bundy how will they hold up with postage to ozzy land - that said only 2 bottles will be present in oz both in the

sunshine state to. Lol like those odds lol

Good work DST and Bruce etc.

DrSmellThis
03-31-2004, 03:24 PM
Thanks,

Watcher!

Let\'s find out how well they held up getting to Colorado, (Perfectly, I hope... my

\"fringers\" are crossed!) then we\'ll find out how well to Ozzyland.

pico
03-31-2004, 03:44 PM
ha! just put my

order in. Guess it wasn\'t in the top 20 eh?

ah well, i\'ll guess they\'ll be shipped april 2nd

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif lets see who gets bottle number 1 (me me me!)

5 hours too late

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Holmes
03-31-2004, 03:51 PM
As stated by bundy how will they hold up with

postage to ozzy land - that said only 2 bottles will be present in oz both in the sunshine state to.

<hr

Ozzy lives down under? Rodents be wary!

Holmes

Sacogoo
03-31-2004, 04:36 PM
Since I ordered

Pheromol Factor, I figured \"What the Hell?\" and that I might as well order this as well.

It better not suck,

or it goes right next to my bottle of citrus super primal oil.

Holmes
03-31-2004, 04:51 PM
It better not suck, or it goes right next to my

bottle of citrus super primal oil.

Yeah! I can make my own

distilled bongwater, bud. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Holmes

Bruce
03-31-2004, 04:57 PM
I think we\'ve

sold about 60-70 bottles out of the 99.

Bruce

DrSmellThis
03-31-2004, 05:23 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

bundyburger
03-31-2004, 05:46 PM

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I agree.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

DefconX3
03-31-2004, 05:48 PM
More now, I

just ordered mine! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Also, I forgot to mention, as always im impatient so I went

for the overnight shipping. May have mine by saturday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

apple
03-31-2004, 05:48 PM
honestly you

should have expected it to sell that fast /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif great reviews even

before it was put for sale, and common its DSTs! even if less was mentioned about it im sure people would grab it up

knowing who made it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bigdog
03-31-2004, 05:57 PM
With all the

organic fragrances it\'s a bargain too. 18 ml compared to 5 ml of NPA. If it were sold by another company other

than Love-scent or produced by someone other than the Good Doc the asking price would be higher IMO. Thanks Bruce

&amp; Doc!

MOBLEYC57
03-31-2004, 06:01 PM
I think we\'ve sold about 60-70 bottles out of

the 99.

Bruce

First...You go Doc!

Second......Well, I\'ve never!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Let\'s see...99 - 70 = 29

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif That\'s impossible!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif How can something that goes on sale 1 April 2004, only have 29 of

the items left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? Where are these people getting the money!? I\'ve been saving for a month, with

hopes of placing an order on Monday! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Ooooooh! I get

it...If I had planned to order it on 1 April, it would be.....APRIL FOOL\'s on me! And if I couldn\'t order

until Monday, it would be...sorry poor fella! Doc! How could you not make at least 200 bottles...You know

you\'re everyone\'s hero, and evvvvvvvery one would be curious enough to try it!? There goes your Christmas

present from North Carolina, kiddo! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

What.............................................. .ever!!

Gotta extra bottle hidden, that I can borrow?

bigdog
03-31-2004, 06:04 PM
Well he probably

figured you\'d buy them all Mobley and he wanted everyone to get their\'s before that.

apple
03-31-2004, 06:06 PM
they\'re all

gonna be sold BEFORE april 1st lol (still hours left in the 31st of march here)

bigdog
03-31-2004, 06:09 PM
Many thought the

unveiling of Pheros was an April Fool\'s joke. Looks as if the real joke will be on those that don\'t come onto

the forum until Apr 1 and try to order! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

DefconX3
03-31-2004, 06:25 PM
they\'re all gonna be sold BEFORE april 1st lol

(still hours left in the 31st of march here)

Id be willing to be

there is less then 10 left...

burgerama1960
03-31-2004, 06:29 PM
I hope

this is for real. Everyone is so excited about it. They did a good job stirring up everyones interest.

bundyburger
03-31-2004, 06:31 PM
It\'s

unreal how quickly it\'s been taken up. There must be a lot more lurkers than I\'d expected on the forum for

that to happen.

Bruce,

Has anything EVER sold that quickly?!

NurseAromaThat,

You may have to change

professions permenantly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

MOBLEYC57
03-31-2004, 06:32 PM
Okay already!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif From this thread to the BIG NEWS thread...how many bottles are

there...100 or 1000? I sure hope I\'m not sitting here crying fa nutin!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Doc? Bruce?

burgerama1960
03-31-2004, 06:34 PM
I have

some stuff laying around the house that I think I am going to have these guys sell for me. What a response!

bigdog
03-31-2004, 06:36 PM
I\'ve looked at

sights that have listed the fragrances he has in it. Not sure how well it will work but with the ingredients it

contains it definitely is a bargain! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bigdog
I\'ve looked at

sights that have listed the fragrances he has in it. Not sure how well it will work but with the ingredients it

contains it definitely is a bargain! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DefconX3
Okay already!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif From this thread to the BIG NEWS thread...how many bottles are

there...100 or 1000? I sure hope I\'m not sitting here crying fa nutin! Doc? Bruce?

<hr

There are 100 Limited edition bottles, 20 of which are arriving

tomorrow, 80 are arriving on friday. There are 900 other bottles that will be put on sale, just not yet, they will

not be limited edition. That makes the total 1000 bottles.

fran1
03-31-2004, 06:37 PM
only womens can smell

this!. Only females right? you understand, because I send you a private making you a question.

MOBLEYC57
03-31-2004, 06:39 PM
Thanks Def!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I\'ll sleep better now. Wonder what\'s the catch with the

\"limited edition\"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif What...ever!

bigdog
03-31-2004, 06:40 PM
Only if you go to

a nunnery or all female college. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bigdog
03-31-2004, 06:40 PM
Limited cuz come

in the special bottle, #\'d, and autographed!

DefconX3
03-31-2004, 06:43 PM
Thanks Def!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I\'ll sleep better now. Wonder what\'s the catch with the

\"limited edition\"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif What...ever!

The catch is

that it is in a bottle that the doc feels is the best cologne bottle ever made, he only has 100 of them and as of

now he does not have the option of ordering more. This is it. He hand cut and pasted the lables onto the bottles and

hand boxed them, they even come with his signature. Also, just think, this is a mix that took 15 months! to

make by an expert. Once its gone, it will never be reproduced...

jose
03-31-2004, 07:49 PM
I ordered a few

minutes ago and I think I missed out on the 100 bottles, hopefully I\'ll get one in the Friday shipment.

DefconX3
03-31-2004, 08:04 PM
The friday

shipment is still the 100 bottles, sorry to break it to you man.

jose
03-31-2004, 08:11 PM
The friday shipment is still the 100 bottles, sorry

to break it to you man.

No problem I can wait would have been

good to have a limited-edition one.

DefconX3
03-31-2004, 09:59 PM
</font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
The friday shipment is still the 100 bottles, sorry to break it to you man.

No problem I can wait would have been good to have a

limited-edition one.

Don\'t count yourself out of the game

yet, Bruce hasn\'t announced that they have sold out yet, maybe you got one of the last ones.

Sacogoo
03-31-2004, 10:26 PM
Again, better

not suck. I\'m about to pass out from the ingestion of too much alcohol, but all I can think about at this point

is gnawing on the hindquaters of a big ass buck deer and rolling around the evicerated tomb of some mummified

Egyptian deity and subsequently living the experience of \"PHEROS.\"

All I can say is that I\'m expecting

big things. If it doesn\'t live up to at least the results of, say, yeah, nothing as it sounds super sexy and

super scintillating, so I\'m just hoping that I can frolick with the rutting bulls if you know what I mean.

Now

I\'m going to pass out. Please make sure that the USPS doesn\'t spill my new Dr. Stank juice.

DefconX3
03-31-2004, 10:36 PM
Again, better not suck. I\'m about to pass out

from the ingestion of too much alcohol, but all I can think about at this point is gnawing on the hindquaters of a

big ass buck deer and rolling around the evicerated tomb of some mummified Egyptian deity and subsequently living

the experience of \"PHEROS.\"

All I can say is that I\'m expecting big things. If it doesn\'t live up to

at least the results of, say, yeah, nothing as it sounds super sexy and super scintillating, so I\'m just hoping

that I can frolick with the rutting bulls if you know what I mean.

Now I\'m going to pass out. Please make

sure that the USPS doesn\'t spill my new Dr. Stank juice.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

Enjoying spring break arn\'t we? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DrSmellThis
03-31-2004, 11:55 PM
Again, better not suck. I\'m about to pass out

from the ingestion of too much alcohol, but all I can think about at this point is gnawing on the hindquaters of a

big ass buck deer and rolling around the evicerated tomb of some mummified Egyptian deity and subsequently living

the experience of \"PHEROS.\"

All I can say is that I\'m expecting big things. If it doesn\'t live up to

at least the results of, say, yeah, nothing as it sounds super sexy and super scintillating, so I\'m just hoping

that I can frolick with the rutting bulls if you know what I mean.

Now I\'m going to pass out. Please make

sure that the USPS doesn\'t spill my new Dr. Stank juice.

Yes,

not sucking was a basic goal with it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dasentini
04-01-2004, 12:17 AM
....i think

everyone is too excited over a cologne that they\'ve never smelled or tried before. I wonder what it\'s going to

be like when the package finally does comes in for them...well it does sound interesting. Bruce, i just sent my

order in buddy. If crazy stuff happens to me like it does with the Alter Ego, then im catching a flight to go hug

the Doc and you personally for being some great innovators. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif No but

really, you will see me in the forum again posting a small fraction of the results(time doesnt permit) If the

fragrance is as sexy as it sounds, then I\'m good to go.

CptKipling
04-01-2004, 01:23 AM
Bruce,

How

many people ordered more than one special edition bottle?

Bruce
04-01-2004, 01:49 AM
Jose,

There are

still some of the first 99 left, so you will get one of those. The first 20 are long gone, so yours and most of the

others will ship on Friday. I am guessing we will hit 99 by noon or so. I will try to make that clear asap of that

happening at the order point, so folks will realize they are on a waiting list from then on out. Actually, I have

no idea when we will get reinforcements after that. Doc can tell us the details, but the way I understand it, the

\"batch\" of cologne is enough to fill 1000 bottles total, so there will definitely be more; just not signed and

numbered.

Assuming Pheros is a hit, I would be surprised if Doc *didn\'t* create something new and equally as

interesting. I just wouldn\'t expect it to be a duplicate of Pheros. Once again, Doc can tell us better than I

can guess.

Capt\'n,

Quite a few 2 bottle orders came through from the beginning, and we are getting a few

3ers now, so we are experiencing some stockpiling. I guess we should have anticipated that. This is new territory.

I figured the 100 bottles would last us until we got another shipment.

Bruce

DrSmellThis
04-01-2004, 02:17 AM
Yes, let\'s

be rational, here. I am aiming for everyday usefulness, not a silver bullet. (If I aimed for a silver bullet, which

still wouldn\'t really exist, the product would cost at least several hundreds of dollars a bottle and be

extremely difficult to find ingredients for. If someone is the CEO of a Fortune 500 co., or a Sultan somewhere, pm

me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) No cologne is everyone\'s cup of tea, either. The product

is not a \"holy grail\", but is intended to be a well rounded organic boost to your natural chemistry, smell good

and natural, be sexy, support positive feelings of various kinds, and support other things we try to do. It is not

necessary for the product to be \"all that and a bag of chips\" to be useful. It IS NOT a replacement for AE, for

example! In fact, I usually wear it with Edge or other mones. What you may need to do is reduce your -mone dosage

just a little bit to compensate, as Pheros seems to lower the OD threshhold just a little bit, due to the

cumulative enhancement effect of everything in it. I usually stick to lower doses, like a dab of edge, if I

haven\'t washed off the pheros from yesterday). So it should help us be somewhat more economical with other

products. Sometimes I layer things with it (though not complex commercial colognes, usually).

It will be

interesting to see what people think of it, I must say, ego stuff aside. The smell isn\'t overly pretty, citrusy,

perfect or sweet (though it certainly has sweet aspects) -- but is certainly interesting and deep, speaking

objectively. Like I said, expect an earthy, organic, woody smell, not some better version of Amouage or Le

Male. It is possible to miss the point of this unique product. Pheros is the kind of scent that tends to grow

on you, IMO. I tend to find \"commercial colognes\" to be to overbearing or in your face with their pretty smell.

But others prefer commercial colognes. Having said that, I wouldn\'t have released it if it didn\'t get my seal

of approval. I\'d still be tinkering with it. It wasn\'t finished until I was OK with wearing it every day (or

most days). I accomplished what I wanted to with it. I\'m well aware of a couple flaws, but I minimized them to

the extent possible within the overall plan. It\'s finished.

BTW, I think it is possible to OD on

Pheros. More details will follow as people get their bottles.

CptKipling
04-01-2004, 04:02 AM
Capt\'n,

Quite a few 2 bottle orders came

through from the beginning, and we are getting a few 3ers now, so we are experiencing some stockpiling. I guess we

should have anticipated that. This is new territory. I figured the 100 bottles would last us until we got another

shipment.

Bruce

In my opinion, people should have waited

until the main batch to stockpile.

pico
04-01-2004, 04:18 AM
i agree. The hype

of the, wow, only 100 special edition bottles, would have prompted people to buy more than one.

shame for anyone

who was not there during the rush.

jose
04-01-2004, 04:50 AM
Jose,

There are still some of the first 99 left,

so you will get one of those. The first 20 are long gone, so yours and most of the others will ship on Friday. I

am guessing we will hit 99 by noon or so. I will try to make that clear asap of that happening at the order point,

so folks will realize they are on a waiting list from then on out. Actually, I have no idea when we will get

reinforcements after that. Doc can tell us the details, but the way I understand it, the \"batch\" of cologne is

enough to fill 1000 bottles total, so there will definitely be more; just not signed and numbered.

Bruce

Glad to hear it, I specifically waited yesterday morning online to

buy the new product but at Noon I had to go to work. Imagine my surprise when I went to the boards and it was

selling so well that I thought I missed out. Also DrSmellThis choice of a bottle is one of the best looking ones

I\'ve ever seen.

bundyburger
04-01-2004, 04:52 AM
In my opinion, people should have waited until the

main batch to stockpile.

Uhuh. Maybe some have gotten extras

to be given as gifts.
...Not a bad idea, I spose.

Personally, I\'ve ordered a bottle as another cologne

choice. The \"-mones effect\" is only secondary.
I\'m a full believer in creating moods through scents and

memories. Something I\'m confident the good Doctor has worked towards in his creation.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bruce
04-01-2004, 06:34 AM
I probably should

have made a \"one bottle only\" rule. I honestly figured we would get some more by the time the 99 ran

out.

Bruce

MaxiMog
04-01-2004, 06:58 AM
Hmmm...

There\'s Valerian in it. That\'s the smell of stinky feet people!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif (isovalerianic

acid). No really. I had some herbal pills once with contained some valerian, and they really smelt like sweaty

stinky feet. How right I was apparently, as I later read about the specific molecules related to certain bad odor

problems, isovalerianic acid being one of them.

Those 99 bottles are long gone right?

How about letting us

pre-order for when the next shipment comes in. There\'s apparently 891 forum members now, and Pheros can only be

accessed from the forum, throw in some chronic lurkers, and I think that everyone should be able to get a bottle.

bigdog
04-01-2004, 07:50 AM
Valerian is used

in candies, beverages baked goods. Also the root has medicinal value as it relaxes, decreases anxety, and helps with

sleep. on a side note cats love the herb just as much as catnip. Come here kitty, kitty!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Bottle
04-01-2004, 08:14 AM
</font><blockquote><font

class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Capt\'n,

Quite a few 2 bottle orders came through from the beginning,

and we are getting a few 3ers now, so we are experiencing some stockpiling. I guess we should have anticipated

that. This is new territory. I figured the 100 bottles would last us until we got another shipment.

Bruce

In my opinion, people should have waited until the main batch to

stockpile.

agreed..greedy bastards ;D ...yeah should of been a

one bottle rule..with the limited editions, its only fare...

Holmes
04-01-2004, 08:28 AM
CK:
In my opinion, people should have waited until

the main batch to stockpile.

I

agree.

Bruce:
I probably should have made a

\"one bottle only\" rule.

Definitely.

Holmes

DrSmellThis
04-01-2004, 11:06 AM
Hmmm... There\'s Valerian in it. That\'s the

smell of stinky feet people!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif (isovalerianic acid). No really. I had some herbal pills once with

contained some valerian, and they really smelt like sweaty stinky feet. How right I was apparently, as I later read

about the specific molecules related to certain bad odor problems, isovalerianic acid being one of them.

<hr

Very clever, Mr. MaxiMog! It\'s also the smell of freshly washed and

manicured feet, which can be quite a turn on, or at least contriubute to an overall erotic effect. \"Good\" odors

for humans are often just dilute \"bad\" odors. So what might be the psychological or aromatheraputic effect of

putting valerian in a perfume? Think about the conditioning aspects (there are also direct biochemical aspects).

When are you usually exposed to feet? -- When you are at home, feeling comfy, safe, familiar, amorous and secure,

such as naked with your SO! (tee hee). And what is valium, which can be derived easily from valerian, used for? --

Relaxing muscles, like those that line the walls of our blood vessels (The aromatherapy of valerian is similar, as

it turns out). Feet (along with urine) are \"territorial\" as well. What might be the implications there? These

are the kinds of things in the psychology of perfuming that you think about, that help you achieve certain effects.

So far, Pheros\' typical effects seem consistent with the above theory. The level of this chemical in

valerian root EO is high, no different than if someone were selling it individually as a pheromone. The level is so

high you definitely wouldn\'t want any more of the chemical to be in there, as it would be worse than \"beta test

EW\"! As it is, I have to keep my best valerian root EO hermetically sealed, just like I do EW, or it stinks up my

house! Of course, there are other active ingredients and pheromone analogues besides isovalerianic acid in valerian

root! Aren\'t essential oils interesting?

Antalarero
04-03-2004, 03:46 PM
I also

ordered a bottle. Will take a while until it will have crossed the atlantic...
Although Pheros has a pretty high

price I think Dr.SmellThis has included one ingredient that most other products don´t have: love.
I´m shure he

made this with love and enthusiasm and that is what makes this special in my opinion. Looking forward to smell it.

oscar
04-03-2004, 04:11 PM
Antalarero,

I

could write ten thousand words and not say it any better.

Nice Post!!

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bruce
04-03-2004, 04:14 PM
Yes, I just got off

the phone with the Doc, and I agree completely with Antalarero.

The first shipment is completely sold out now,

btw.

Bruce

Ash
04-03-2004, 08:53 PM
Yes, I just got off the phone with the Doc, and I

agree completely with Antalarero.

The first shipment is completely sold out now, btw.

Bruce

<hr

I am soooo pissed off! I missed out. My computer crashed and burned and

has been in the shop for the last 4 days. Tallmacky sent me a link to a porn site and I picked up the mother of all

pop-up, take over you\'re whole computer, STD\'s. Piss me off. Good movie though. Thanks TM !

DrSmellThis
08-12-2004, 06:52 PM
(bump for new release, to

answer newbie questions, etc.)