PDA

View Full Version : They broke my nose, or did they??

thingscouldwork
03-17-2004, 09:51 AM
I\'ve got a fascinating theory!

I couldn\'t smell pheros, if my life depended on it.

Now I read that the

VNO is located in the \"Nasenscheidewand\" (nasal cartilage [anat.])

Since I had an operation on mine (@ age

14, some mistake since birth or so) could it be that the operation destroyed my VNO??

Furthermore, since I\'m

still affected by the mones, isn\'t it likely that they get detected not only by the VNO, but also by the

\"normal\" nasal organs??

Really looking forward to the answers to this one!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

InternationalPlayboy
03-17-2004, 10:38 AM
I\'m not sure about your situation, but my mom lost her sense of (regular) smell due to a brain

operation ten years ago. She had a tumor at the front of her brain that was pressing on some ocular nerves, causing

her to go blind. The surgeons told her before the operation that the nerves that correspond to her sense of smell

would be severed in the operation. Since then, she hasn\'t been able to smell a thing. Don\'t know about

pheromones though, my mom is not the person I really want to test the stuff on.

Kind of alarming really. A

couple of times, I\'ve walked into her kitchen and smelled gas. She had knocked against a burner knob but it

didn\'t ignite. Though she was standing right there, she didn\'t notice a thing.

CJ01
03-17-2004, 10:40 AM
Okay

this is easy.

Some people are simple unable to smell pheros, they can´t smell none, I´m not sure about copulins

btw.

Pheros are detected and sensed by the VNO, it´s subconcious. People can smell the mones from the products

because they are so concentrated. So whether you can smell them or not you will be influenced by them.
I´m not

sure if your OP had anything to do with the fact that you can´t smell them or if it´s just a coincedence, I assume

the latter. As you can tell that you are influenced by mones it´s safe to assume that your VNO is intact

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CJ

CJ01
03-17-2004, 10:43 AM
IP,

sorry to hear about your mum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif the gas thing IS pretty worrying

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Sexyredhead
03-17-2004, 10:51 AM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
I\'m not sure about your situation, but my mom

lost her sense of (regular) smell due to a brain operation ten years ago. She had a tumor at the front of her brain

that was pressing on some ocular nerves, causing her to go blind. The surgeons told her before the operation that

the nerves that correspond to her sense of smell would be severed in the operation. Since then, she hasn\'t been

able to smell a thing. Don\'t know about pheromones though, my mom is not the person I really want to test the

stuff on.

Kind of alarming really. A couple of times, I\'ve walked into her kitchen and smelled gas. She had

knocked against a burner knob but it didn\'t ignite. Though she was standing right there, she didn\'t notice a

thing.

<hr /></blockquote><font

class=\"post\">

http://www.safehomeproducts.com

/SHP/SM/STA_Gas_1.asp (\"http://www.safehomeproducts.com/SHP/SM/STA_Gas_1.asp\")

Get her several.

thingscouldwork
03-17-2004, 11:25 AM
Well, they chopped it up with a damn hammer, so I actually wouldn\'t be at all surprised if the VNO

stopped working then... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Is there known cases among us, that

don\'t respond to pheros at all??