PDA

View Full Version : Any College Pros in the bunch?

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 06:34 PM
I\'m in college myself and I was just wondering if there were any of you pros in college and if you have any success stories you could share with me( and everyone else)

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 06:34 PM
I\'m certainly not a pro - but I\'ve been in college more than most people. I\'m finishing my doctorate and after that who knows. Most of the social situations I find myself in are college parties or hanging out in a dorm room or party/bar with kids aged 18-22. I\'m a little older than that, but a group of guys seem to have adopted me for advising them and doing stuff like providing endless ice for their parties. In turn, they involve me in their social activities. Most of my peers are either married or spend time with other grad students - which is actually nice for a change - but a little slow paced over the long run - maybe I\'ll slow down in my older age.

Most of the situations are smokey and lots of stimuli going on - music and crowded people. I tend to overload on pheromones in these sutuations and I\'m not the least bit worried since I\'m literally surrounded by friendly people. There was one incident where someone new decided to get a little rough with the \"old man\" and picked a chair to smash over my head - before anything happened - a bunch guys picked him up and brought him to the front door and asked him to leave without any major scuffles.

But usually, most of the women there are too young and I kind of got the gotta hookup mentality out of my system as an undergrad.

I\'m not the smoothest nor best looking guy in any crowd - in fact I look a little weird - kind of like Chinese Elvis. But I\'ve found that with most new encounters in these situations, I\'m the one that has to initiate any contact and it\'s the first 10-15 seconds that set the pace for the rest of the relationship. It helps if I\'m entertaining or if I talk about them and kind of not put all my cards on table at once. Pheromones help with the first 15 seconds of the encounter and to a little lesser degree with the first few seconds of future encounters. After that, it\'s all what I do and how special I make her feel. Hope this helps.

There are other guys in our group that are lot smoother and experts at this (in my opinion) and do quite well without the help of pheromones.

-----
Chemist

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 06:35 PM
Cool! Thanx for the advice. But man, a chair over the head and no major scuffle? I don\'t know about that one. It sounds to me like Phers don\'t work like they are supposed to from what you where saying though.

**DONOTDELETE**
In my experience pheros set the right mood and attitude of new people you meet. They are more inclined to decide right off the bat that they like you. I work in a computer networking field and I have to put up with a lot of bitching and bullshit from my end users. I find that ever since I started using pheros ppl are more receptive to what I say. They are also more likely to agree with me that their demands are down right silly in some cases. It is all about winning that first impression.
I believe anyone with a career that demands you to meet and forge new relationships, pheros are a god send.

V.

**DONOTDELETE**
By the way, do you think smoking cigar, affects the way pheros work, could it be a negative effect?

**DONOTDELETE**
06-24-2001, 06:36 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Smoking a cigar will make a strong impression no matter where you do. Most of the time, its going to be negative unless you\'re at a stud party or watching a boxing match. Pheromones or not, it\'s one step up from smoking a ciagarette and in many cases, it\'s prohibited in public establishments. I\'m not against cigars, but smoking them in public kind of went out in the seventies. There\'s definately some mystique around tehm - kind of like wine, but its not appreciated by the general public. It\'s kind of like bathing yourself in cologne - no matter how much = it will still make a strong impression - mostly negative on those that don\'t know you.

-----
Chemist