PDA

View Full Version : Good Cover Scents Article I found in Archives..

bigdog
03-05-2004, 08:35 AM
Allure magazine has an article this month entitled \"Smells Like Love,\" by Martha Barnette, in

which, without one mention of the word \"pheromone,\" they discuss the role of scent with regard to attraction.

You may remember there was a study showing that some colognes make women appear to weigh less in a man\'s

estimation. Allure reports that they are the spicy florals, and lists Jean Patou 1000, Musc Ravageur by Frederic

Malle, Angelique Sous La Plouie, Rouge Hermes, Celine, Guerlain L\'Heure Bleue, and Calvin Klein Sheer Obsession.

It reports that men rate women as better looking in a room scented with lavender.

It lists \"scents

that women love\" as Creed Himalaya, Marc Jacobs Men, Guerlain Vetiver, and Helmut Lang.
In a sidebar

article, Mandy Aftel, author of Essence and Alchemy (does that sound like a good book or what?) says that \"what

makes a perfume erotic is a base note that\'s reminiscent of \"the hairy parts\" of the human body.\" He says

that to find your best scent, start with scents that include the most powerful animal base notes: musk and leather

(Guerlain Shalimar, Calvin Klein Obsession, and Must de Cartier are given as examples for women). He says if the

scent turns, then go to an incensey amber (Yves St. Laurent Opium, Christian Dior Poison, Coco by Chanel, or

Guerlain Samsara). If that doesn\'t work, the safest sexy base note is chocolate, i.e., Aftel\'s Cacao,

available at aftelier.com, or Theirry Mugler\'s Angel. These are all women\'s fragrances, but I imagine the

logic would equally apply to men.

OCP
03-05-2004, 09:31 AM
Last night I was at Nordstrom smelling several colognes. I ended up with samples of Gucci for men, M7

by Yves St Laurent and Dunhill Desire.

I put on Gucci for men and when I got home my wife would not stop

smelling me. She loved it. Interestingly, it has a leather base.

I am wearing it today and one of the

secretary\'s came up and told me she really likes it and that it has the smell of a man.

Yep, I will get me a

bottle of Gucci for men! It has not replaced Rochas Man, but it is now second on my list.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Holmes
03-05-2004, 09:35 AM
I\'m crazy about the Marc Jacobs and Himalaya.

Holmes