PDA

View Full Version : Anybody try Pherone?

Molasar
02-23-2004, 11:20 AM
Hello there;

New

to this forum. Living in mild Mexico, transferred some time ago from Cicero, Ill.

I was surfing the net for -mone

related topics and came across Pherone. Looks nice. Anyone try it or heard of it? I\'m considering a

purchase.

Thanks.

bigdog
02-23-2004, 11:29 AM
I\'m skeptic.

I didn\'t see it list what it contains for pheros. It says money-back guarantee though. Why don\'t you try it

and let us know how it works for you.

bjf
02-23-2004, 11:39 AM
This is a forum

brought to you by Love Scent, which is a small company. In other words, Bruce is running a business, so out of

respect, talk about his competitors should be limited.

If there is a good product out there, probably okay to

bring it up as long as you don\'t provide a link, because then LS maybe interested in carrying it if it is really

good.

bigdog
02-23-2004, 11:44 AM
I concur bjf. I

only suggest products from love-scent because they work. If this product is any good I would buy it only if Bruce

carried it.

Bruce
02-23-2004, 11:46 AM
Molasar,

Welcome to the forum. In my honest oppinion, there is something very fishy about that company. I

wrote them twice asking about their products and the possibility of carrying them at Love Scent. They never

responded. When questioned about that by a forum member, they claimed I never contacted them.

Thinking that

rather odd, I asked Phil Stone if he knew anything about them and without batting an eye, Phil detailed how someone

from the company, (back before there was even a website at that URL) approached him and discussed having Phil

manufacture a product for them (here comes the interesting part) which would contain less pheromones by wt. than

they intended to indicate on the label! Phil, of course, refused and never heard from them again. When questioned

about this conversation they denied it all.

I have never tried the products and you can draw your own

conclusions, but I have heard all I need to hear. I am always on the look out for high quality products to sell at

Love Scent, but I have no interest in doing business with people like that.

Sincerely,
Bruce

Molasar
02-23-2004, 12:21 PM
Oh! From the

posts from other fellows here, didn\'t mean to be disrespectful or anything alike. I was curious though, since

their website seems ok, and they seem \"professional\". Btw, I ordered PI via PayPal (seems the way to go for

international credit/debit card orders from Mexico) and got a nice, prompt package with 2 SOE gel packs

included!!!

Way to go, Bruce. Haven\'t tried yet, but will keep informed on my findings with the

ladies.

Thanks.

DrSmellThis
02-23-2004, 01:26 PM
That\'s

truly a shame. What idiots they are, to not respond to the Czar of Internet Pheromones\' interest to carry their

product! You\'d think they\'d at least entertain a discussion. Unfortunately, I always had great results with

their V5 product. But it is clearly a buy at your own risk situation.

CptKipling
02-23-2004, 01:30 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
Unfortunately, I always had great results with

their V5 product.

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">
That\'s about the place things get confusing

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

DrSmellThis
02-23-2004, 01:41 PM
It could be

that they were acutely aware of the Stone discussion, and therefore didn\'t want to interact with Phil\'s friend

in the first place.

So at least we know not to trust the amount of mones in their products. Someone should test

one of their products for weight of contents. Is it expensive to have this done, does anyone know?

Truly

dissapointing!

oscar
02-23-2004, 01:42 PM
Doc and

CptK,

Interesting though.
IF in fact these guys ARE putting out products that contain less than the

stated quantities of pheromones, AND some of our more experienced users have seen results using them, then this

might be the closest thing we\'ve seen to a blind study supporting the \"Minimalist Theory\".

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bjf
02-23-2004, 01:45 PM
</font><blockquote><font class=\"small\">Quote:</font><hr />
CptK,

Interesting though.
IF in fact these

guys ARE putting out products that contain less than the stated quantities of pheromones, AND some of our more

experienced users have seen results using them, then this might be the closest thing we\'ve seen to a blind study

supporting the \"Minimalist Theory\". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Oscar

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<hr /></blockquote><font class=\"post\">

Good point!

CptKipling
02-23-2004, 01:48 PM
Oscar,

Good point!

The only way that I can think of to test the concentration is to compare two similar

concentration products for smell (ok it\'s a bit of a \"concentration test for dummies\", but worth a shot,

no?).

I have their 5mg/ml -none product aswell (D-17X), so I will let some of that dry down on some tissue and do

the same with PI.

CptKipling
02-23-2004, 01:51 PM
*I meant

0.5mg/ml /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

DrSmellThis
02-23-2004, 02:01 PM
Way to go

Kip! Have you tried their products, Oscar?

CptKipling
02-23-2004, 02:35 PM
I just

overloaded my nose.

When you do this kind of thing you realise why -none got negative reactions in those studies,

but the phero buzz was unmistakeable!

Will smell again in a few mins

oscar
02-23-2004, 03:47 PM
Doc,

No,

I\'ve never personally tried any of their products. I have gotten a couple of \"off the board\" reviews on them

by guys whose opinions I respect, and they\'ve been favorable for the most part. Makes me wonder what percentage

of the stated ingredients they do carry if in fact they\'re falsifying content information.

CptK,

What is

the carrier used in the Pherone stuff? Is it alcohol? Because if you\'re doing a side-by-side sniff test with PI

and the all-None Pherone product, the slower evaporation of the oil base of PI might skew your

observations.

Oscar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CptKipling
02-23-2004, 04:28 PM
Oscar,

I

thought of that (yes it is alc), so we are going to have to take the result with a pinch of salt.

The smell test

found that...(drum-roll!)...they are similar smelling. I think I can make out the extra ingredient in D17 aswell. So

going by this result*, there is at least a decent amount of -none in this product.

Maybe I\'ll dilute a small

amount of D17 to A4.2 levels and compare those.

*My nose was still pretty fried from smelling too much PI.

Neo
08-11-2004, 12:37 AM
can anybody update if you are

using pherone?!

I wouild really like to know:wave:

DrSmellThis
08-11-2004, 11:06 AM
Nothing new from me. I ran out

of V5 and haven't yet reordered.

Can't decide between that and WAGG, as they're similar. I seem to get a bit

less LJBF reactions with V5, but WAGG seems to be stronger in effect.

For what it's worth, I think A1 is more

fundamental than both (after -none, -nol, and -rone). IMHO, it's good to get a feel for what A1 does for you, how

much to use, how to apply, etc. Then add a product like WAGG or V5.

CptKipling
08-11-2004, 03:56 PM
I agree, A1>WAGG or V5

cuddlebear
08-11-2004, 05:33 PM
I know nothing about Pherone,

but I am very disappointed that any company would intentionally market a product that misled the customer as to the

amount of its active ingredient ... I have this picture in my mind of a "Pheromone Facts" label similar to the

"Nutrition Facts" label that appears on our food and drink products :p